* OPEN * When A Triumphant Returns

A curse is broken but with things still left unfinished, a return to where he belongs seems the only best solution. So what's changed in his absence?

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Munchkin, Oracle

Aneka Tristal
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Lightning Knight(Squire)
Renown: +32
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

Re: When A Triumphant Returns

Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:54 pm

When A Triumphant Returns

It seemed that Yavanna's playful stare wasn't unnoticed by Aneka. She blushed a bit and smiled. "H-hey? Is there something on my face?" She said and rubbed the sides of her lip. She looked away, for some reason she felt like she was prey being stalked, but she just chalked that up to some drunkness jitters.

While she was looking away, she did notice someone talking to the owner, Daveth. She couldn't quite hear them but it seemed that the barman Patrick and Daveth found what she was saying funny and laughed, although she did notice Ilia look at Daveth's way from time to time after the conversation.

But she was eventually brought back from her observation when Yavanna started talking again. She looked at Yavanna, studying her posture for a bit, she always crossed her arms over her chest, never under them. I guess it would make them look bigger and men for some reason like big breast. She subconsciously mimicked Yavanna's crossed arms, but her clothes didn't quite fit crossing her arms in this way.

She didn't notice that she was staring at Yavanna's chest until their drinks were delivered, and she found herself blushing quite a bit. She hoped Yavanna didn't notice, she might get the wrong idea! She may be beautiful, but she doesn't swing that way! Besides she already had someone in mind.

She quickly shook the thought out of her head, she was just learning how to be sexy and seductive for her own reasons, not because of some boy! Some mysterious new Lightning Knight with short brown hair and that damnably confident smile...

She coughed a bit to get her mind in order. "Of course you can handle yourself, but if you need anything, I'm here to help!" She offered and took the drink the barman delivered. "Thank you." She said and took a sip, although her new friend was giving Patrick this look.

I should pay attention, it seemed like she was getting to work.. She thought and drank her ale, studying the two of them and their facial expressions. Yavanna licked her lips enticingly, her eyes scanning the man, and she gave an alluring and seductive smile, and she never took her eyes off of him, keeping him locked in her gaze.

Meanwhile Ilia went over to talk to Daveth, possibly about the painting she had overheard.

"Common", "Rakahi"
word count: 421
Patrick
Approved Character
Profession: Trouble
Renown: +300
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 22

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:47 am

At his arrival at the table where the two women sat Patrick's response to them was that plain smile, simple and still well practiced when it came to interacting with those considered regulars. There lived a genuine sense of a warm welcome as even these two decided to welcome him back, even if he hardly recognized the faces of these two gorgeous women. "Sure thing love." He quickly responded to the blonde in regards to her appreciation, which his hazel eyes then proceeded to watch the other lady.

"They're just joining in on the excitement, really Daveth's probably the only one here actually happy." He figured with a shrug as the corner of his lips tucked into a grin. "Work here for as long as I have though, and you tend to know just about everyone in the city." There seemed to be a bit of knowing to that statement, as Patrick could easily identify a majority of the faces at the bar if he wanted to. Names were less a commodity on his part honestly, but after being a bartender for practically ten to twelve Arcs you tend to recognize people the more often you saw them. These two however weren't ones he'd encountered though, making him wonder if they had arrived not long after his departure; or if they simply slipped under his awareness until now.

No. That last part wasn't impossible but also wasn't very likely either, two beautiful women like these two were pretty hard to miss. Especially the one with bright eyes as she, rather blatantly, made it clear she was interested in him with her look. "It's actually funny, I can tell you all about the places I've been to. Tend to find a few good stories to tell when you're out roaming the world for an Arc." Just as soon as he offered however another table flagged him down and, just like that, he pressed another vacant smile on his lips as he looked from the group to the two ladies before him. "Though if you've time I'll have to tell you in a bit, looks as though another table needs a round to chug." He remarked with a brief display of a shrug before walking away, a wink shot to Yavanna as he left their company for the moment.

"What can I get you gents?" He inquired with his hands wiped against one another thoughtfully, eyes directed at each individual when they requested their beverage of choice. Sure enough after hearing what the four of them wanted, Patrick moved back towards the bar to procure whatever essentials were needed. Four mugs with only one ale and three beers, and while he was there he might as well impress those two waiting for him. Thus Patrick took to turn from the barrel taps to the wine cabinets, quickly mulling over his options with a finger as he considered the flavors at his disposal. Thinking of the two ladies and how they projected themselves, he wanted to put together a concoction considerably bold but also desirable. It'd been a long time since he'd dared mixed drinks on the fly, at least without the intent of brewing a Thunderstorm and that was with shitty selection.

Here in Rharne there was plenty to choose from however, and the two main ones to help fulfill the purpose were right in front of him. From the red wine rack he found the bottle of Low Hanging Zemoni and the bottle of Acripae, the both of them placed down on the counter as he placed two wine glasses on his platter. The blonde seemed more soft-spoken in comparison to the raven haired woman; so Patrick filled her wine glass half way with the Zemoni first, and then poured just an ounce of the Acripae to give her wine a sweet and punctual flavor. The other one? Filled somewhere between a quarter and half with the Zemoni, and then the rest of the way with the Acripae; with both glasses nearly full to the brim with the selected wine of choice.

Of course he'd been too busy to really check with what Patrick was doing, but a glance over at Daveth suggested he already knew what Patrick was up to. He couldn't help it though, making pretty girls drinks they probably might enjoy was all part of the fun. Thus with the wine glasses added to the platter of four mugs, Patrick moved from the bar back onto the floor, the four mugs delivered to the table he'd stopped at prior his return to the bar station. Once those were out of the way he proceeded back down to the table with the two ladies, the wine glasses moved to the intended reciprocant once he rested the platter on the table. "Here we are ladies, compliments from your own bartender." He remarked as he waited to see how they would each handle the offer, since he pretty much guessed at their choice of flavor beforehand.
"Pat", "Ri", "Dom", "NPC"
word count: 865
Seasonal Plans - Workshop - Rambles - Vlogs

"Freedom is everything."

Yrmellyn Cole
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Mage Painter
Renown: +41
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Medal count: 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:52 am

“See, see!” she exclaimed when the bypassing waiter sided with her about how good it would be for the tavern to decorate the walls with paintings. She looked after Patrick who was already on his way. If she wanted to find attractive staff she didn’t need to look any further, she thought to herself, but she doubted the waiter had envisioned an exiting painting of himself hanging on the tavern wall.

Who is that man, the waiter ... where have I seen him before? Perhaps just here in the tavern?

Daveth snorted. Yrmellyn glanced at him. It didn’t seem so probable that she would succeed to persuade him. She abandoned the plan. It was no idea to waste energy on trying to make the ithecal do something he was against. The scaled man was clearly not an art-lover.

As she looked out over the room again, the painter felt her mood change and turn from joking to serious. She wasn’t limited to the kind of paintings they favored at taverns where they didn’t shy away from trying to attract customers with pictures of scantily clad people lounging among heaps of fruit, drinking wine and having a way better time than the guest who watched them. There were other things she could paint, pictures which were easier to sell to a wider range of buyers.

The tavern, the two women at the table, the waiter taking orders and bringing in food and drink...it was a perfect motif. Tavern life in Rharne. A cozy motif, you could say. It could fit in many places, not just in this tavern with its dumb owner who totally lacked sense of art. If they permitted it she was going to make a sketch of the people over there.

So ... I’ll approach them and let’s see ...

With the pint of beer in her hand she made her way between the tables and tavern guests. Soon she arrived at the table where the two women were seated. It seemed like they were right now being given their drinks ... Fortunately a man who had been sitting at a table nearby rose and started to stagger away toward the entrance door, no doubt aiming to “use an alley”. The chair wasn’t free, not really, but it was unguarded. Yrmellyn grabbed it with the ruthless speed and resolution of an experienced tavern-goer, turned it around and placed it tentatively at the table she wanted to join. She smiled and greeted the two women.

“Mind if sit here? Name’s Yrmellyn Cole, by the way. I’m a painter ... please forgive me if I’m too forward, but I would actually love to make a painting of this evening here in the Bronze Boar, the two of you sitting here together ... and this waiter too, why hello there ... well, I’m always thinking of motifs, bear with me please. ”

If they didn’t stop her, the painter would join them.

He’ll want his chair back, that man who “went to the alley” when he comes back in, if he does. Oh well. I’ll deal with it if it happens.
word count: 529
Yavanna
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Renown: +55
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Point Bank Thread

Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:40 am

✾ Date ✾
✾ Mood: Intrigued
✾ Current Thought: Thats one damn good drink
✾ Current Theme: Beautiful Dangerous
✾ She raised her glass to him, acknowledging him to uphold his word on the stories. Now that his attention pulled from her, she looked back to the blonde in her company. She seemed to have been mimicking her in a way, which caused the near to raise a brow, but not make much of a fuss over it.

Instead, she downed her ale, looking at the waiter to try and get his attention, she saw he went to the bar, and was fixing something, and she got curious. But never allowed it to take the focus from her guest.
"So tell me, why become a knight? What motivated you to do so?"
she asked, glancing to the blonde.

As she waited for an answer, the handsome waiter returned, with some drink on a try, and handed one to her and to Aneka. He expressed it was compliments of the barkeep, and that made Yavanna smile even more as she put the free alcohol to her lips. Taking a sip, the Naer fought back the look of excitement, but discipline wanst really her thing and her eyes got wide with delight.

"Powerful aroma, captivating bouquet, and a taste that dominates the pallet. Compliments indeed to the bartender."
she said, not knowing what the hell she was saying, just repeating something she heard a rich snob say the other day while on duty. overall it was delicious and she would savor every drop.

As they drank the free drinks, another woman approached, swiping a chair from another table and sitting down at theirs. She came right out with what she wanted too, which was good, Yavanna hated when people other than herself would beat around the bush. Did she want to......paint them, in this setting? Did she want to capture the energy of the place in the form of art?

Whatever she wanted it sounded like it meant people would oggle Yavanna, and the naer is all for that being the attention hog she was.
"That is fine by me, I would love to be apart of your work."

"Speech"
word count: 405
Aneka Tristal
Approved Character
Profession: Lightning Knight(Squire)
Renown: +32
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:49 am

When A Triumphant Returns

Aneka noticed Yavanna raise her eyebrow and she then finally noticed and stopped mimicking her. What was she doing? Why was she like this? She sat normally now, almost like one of the men, as she drank the ale she looked over to see Daveth and Ilia just chatting away about something, but she seems upset.

She turned back to Yavanna when she asked her a rather personal question. "Oh... Well... I'll tell you after I get a few more drinks in me, how about that? The reason is a little silly..." Revenge doesn't really seem all that silly, but she really didn't want to talk about it right now. "I promise I'll tell ya after another drink."

As if the fate heard her, it seemed that Patrick brought them a drink, just as she finished her sentence. "I'll never turn down a free drink." She said with a somewhat forced smile. "Wine huh..." She took a sip of the wine, she's an avid drinker, she knows not to down it and enjoy the flavor as the alcoholic beverage goes down her throat.

It was sweet, she never liked wine because it was just a bit too sweet, but for some strange reason she liked the one Patrick made, it just had the right bit of tang and bitterness to it, the sweetness wasn't overpowering. "Pretty good, Mr. Bartender." She said with a smile and looked over to Yavanna. "Yeah I promised you the reason why I joined the knights after the drink."

She took her time with the wine but nevertheless finished it. Now only if she had some cheese for the wine. "The reason for me joining is less silly I guess and more petty." She smiled, and placed her hands on the table, fidgeting a bit, maybe she needed to open up to someone, she never really talked to anyone about what she felt.

"So the reason for me joining is really... revenge." She paused and looked at Yavanna. "My father was killed when I was about ten or so, one of those Faldrun assassins." She almost spat at the name, but she had enough manners not to spit in the tavern her sister worked in. "So I'm looking for the fucker, why not join the knights, they have resources and well... my pap was a knight himself so, I'm sorta following in his footsteps."

"So what about you, Yava? Why'd you join the Priesthood?" She asked before a newcomer came up and stole a chair before sitting down with them.

She seemed to know her way around the tavern floor, must be a local then. "Well, hello to you too, Ms. Cole. Ummm... a painting, sure I guess, although don't ask me to stand around for trials for the painting, ye?" She said and smiled at Yrmellyn. "You know what, I think a painting would liven it place up, that's a good idea. I wouldn't mind."

She looked over the painter, and she looked quite sweet, quite feminine with but not overly sexy like Yavanna... Maybe he liked these types of girls instead?

"Common", "Rakahi"
word count: 543
Patrick
Approved Character
Profession: Trouble
Renown: +300
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 22

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:31 am

One of the most quick and common things any barmaid or barkeep learns is the constant flow of information, every bit and piece of detail that someone might have to share among others. Hell people drank enough and then they were happy to lay it all on the bartender afterwards! This quickly reminded Patrick of how that fundamentally added together, the moment he'd approached the table to hear a slight bit of the conversation going on. But at the compliments of the beverages he brought, he couldn't help but tilt his head in a slight bow with the simple confidence he possessed. "Call it a gift." He remarked almost a little cockily upon hearing their words, still lingering at their table as the floor seemed calm at the moment.

He might not have known their preferred drinks, but guessing what flavors they enjoyed made it all part of the fun when he mixed them. They should've been back in Scalvoris at the time he was there, lack of wine and selection made it always a challenge; to create any real flavorsome drinks for those with refined tastes. The blonde seemed to have it out against Faldrun and his lackeys, just as every other Rharnian here, for personal reasons he could relate on a more personal level with just hearing them. Needless to say joining the knights took a lot of guts and he respected that, considering it was his older brother that died while under their service. "Jeez, that really sucks." He remarked to Aneka almost understandably, only to look away a little bit to avoid showing that aspect about him. He left Rharne with a lot on his shoulders and one of those things he still carried was the death of his brother, whom he sought to save somehow some way.

It then dawned on him that, while he had a lot of ground to cover, he had a means of helping in the long run. The foundation was still there for him to continue working on, he merely needed to reconnect with a few people and make a couple arrangements. Once those connections considered him good he'd be able to fish for information in his own way, collectively managing a small amount of intel that could serve purpose for those who needed it. "I've obviously gotta take care of several things beforehand, but gimme enough time and I might be able to pitch in on that effort." He finally remarked to Aneka with a hint of empathy, before they were joined with Ymellen and her request to paint the three of them together. Hold up... She wanted to paint Patrick while he worked? Well... 'technically' worked although he'd be sitting around.

One look at Daveth who had been busy at the bar and Patrick waited, and finally when the Ithecal stared his way Patrick nodded his head to the side at the painter. Clearly the barkeeper understood the gesture and what it implied, and with a wave of his scaly hand he signed with a wave in return. Seems he didn't mind and Patrick could afford a break, although again he was 'technically' still working; just for the artist and however long she needed him. "Sounds like fun to me." He shrugged with his response as he still kept a soft grin towards them, a table with three ladies for him to chat with; all on the same Trial he'd returned home! Rharne certainly hasn't changed to say the least, never a dull moment wherever he wandered at least.

When he looked to find an empty seat from another table, he scooted it over with the backside towards the table and sat down. With arms folded across the top of the chair's back, he pretty much leaned into a relaxed posture with a foot bounced at the heel. Since he seemed to quickly find comfort in present company, one of the ladies there had the luxury of enjoying what lingered with him. Slowly the air around Aneka started to chill just slightly, and the girl would feel a looming presence right between her and the bartender present.
"Pat", "Ri", "Dom", "NPC"
word count: 711
Seasonal Plans - Workshop - Rambles - Vlogs

"Freedom is everything."

Yrmellyn Cole
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Mage Painter
Renown: +41
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Medal count: 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:19 pm

"Thanks so much for agreeing! So ... I'm just going to make a sketch now, it will not take so long time and you don't need to sit still. Just be natural. Continue with your conversation and your drinks please. By the way. Just call me Yrmellyn."

Yrmellyn wasn't late to ge started. It was always best to sketch as soon as possible after getting a yes. Otherwise people could get second thoughts and change their minds. She pulled out a small sketching pad and a coal pencil from a pocket inside her jacket and set to work. Some lines there to indicate the contours of the part of the room where they were sitting and the background, some lines here to outline the frames of the three people who were going to be the central motif.

The self-assured dark-haired beauty had seemed to relish the idea of being depicted and made immortalized on a classy tavern painting. That one would probably bask in the attention and want to be beautiful on the picture. Yrmellyn suspected that she would be open for providing the touch of sex appeal such a painting unevitably must provide.

The painter smiled encouragingly at the woman and told her that she was enormously well suited as motif, perfect really, just one thing ... a painting wasn't always meant to be totally realistic so sometimes people were a bit lighter dressed on pictures than they were in reality. It was a question of the freedom of art. The artist would strife to catch more than what met the eye, for example a bit more skin than the woman was currently showing. Perhaps she could consider to open some buttons and such, just to add to the look of a relaxed tavern guest? Would that be possible?

"I think I heard your companion use your name ... Yava, is it ? I hope I'm not too forward, but it's always easier for people to relax if we know each others' names and chat a bit. " She continued to sketch as she talked. It remained to be seen if the woman was going to oblige and open a button or two. The painter wasn't going to nag about it, but continue to work regardless. Trying to pressure the motifs to things they didn't was was bad form, she had learnt that early in her career. She could suggest something, but she never insisted. Regardless of what the darkhaired beauty would do, Yrmellyn would smile at her and continue to work.

While she sketched and waited for Yavannas reaction she glanced at leg the other woman. This one had seemed to be a bit more cautious and hesitant even if she too had agreed. She had conditions ... didn't want it to take too long time ... perhaps she was the kind of person who didn't like to be in the center of attention. Compared to the flamboyant ... "Yava"... she seemed less outgoing and perhaps more solemn and calm? Yrmellyn found the contrast between them good. One of them colorful and outgoing, but the other with a kind of ... fine and graceful serenity to her. She doubted that this one would agree to ideas about appearing dishevelled on a painting that could end up on the wall of this tavern. Yrmellyn smiled at Aneka and asked about her name, assuming she would answer when she was done with the drink.

Then there was bartender ... she had seen that he had seemed to have gained Daveth's consent to him sitting down at the table. The man had turned the chair with the backside towards the table and now he sat on it like a rider on a horse, his arms folded on top of the backpiece. Well. That was a man who didn't need to be told to look relaxed and natural. He seemed to have figured out that a tavern painting had noting to do with a stiff portrait and arranged himself in a good position without needing instructions.

Actually ... it reminded her of the far past when she had used to think of things like that, how to stand and sit in order to make the best of her looks an be attractive. It looked so relaxed, but perhaps also very intentional, because he just happened to show off his shoulders and arms.

He seemed comfortable in the company.

That grin ... it felt like a grin she had seen before ...

"Are you often going here?" Yrmellyn said to him in jest, winking at him to indicate that she was just kidding in order to contribute to the lighthearted atmosphere she hoped to keep up. "Haven't I seen you before?"

She made a brief pause in the sketching, leaned back a bit and studied the sketch and her motif, her gaze moving from person to person, before she resumed the work.
word count: 821

Return to “Rharne”