When Cooler Heads Prevail

66th of Ymiden 718

Seated on the shores of Lake Lovalus, Rharne serves as the home of the Lighting Knights, the Thunder Priestesses, and the Merchant's guild. This beautiful trade city is filled with a happy and contented people who rarely need an excuse to party.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1739
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

66th Ymiden, 718
Vega was sitting on a low wall, waiting for Arlo to catch up with her. She'd gone off to buy a dress, or to have a look for one and rather than have him huff and puff while she tried it on, she suggested that she'd be quite content on her own and there was that stall they'd passed earlier, full of cookware and pots and pans and things which were as incomprehensible to her as undergarments and petticoats were to him. So, she'd said that if he gave her half a break, then they could both go and purchase things which the other did not comprehend but appreciated no end.

And as great an idea as that was, here she was sitting on the wall outside the shop some five bits later because the people in the shop had refused to serve her. Not overtly, of course, it was too high class an establishment for that, but they had nothing that would fit her, nothing suitable, no nothing of the sort. Perhaps a different shop, they'd suggested. Vega had grown more and more frustrated until she'd told them where to shove their undergarments and flounced out of the shop. But that meant that she was going to be waiting a while for Arlo, which was fine because frankly she needed the time to calm down.

Things had been getting more tricky, she knew. Since the whole Ring of Fire, Aukari thing, Vega had realised that things in Rharne weren't great but they didn't come here often enough for her to realise that things were way, way beyond "not great" and so, she sat on the wall and waited. She was humming a tune to herself, thinking about how she'd play it on the fiddle when she felt a drop of rain hit her face. Or that was what it felt like until she raised her head and realised two things. First, there were a group of men standing there. All men, all broad and well built and all very angry looking. She counted eight of them as the second realization hit her. It wasn't raining.

"Did you jus' spit on me?" Vega asked, incredulously.

Standing, she held her arms out with the intention of using an ability from her Nalos mark. There were too many of them and, bizarrely, the street had cleared. "Well, this is trouble," she said with a smile. It might seem like a strange thing to say, but it wasn't for them that she spoke it. It was for the little Diri which she knew, knew was with her even though she was unseen to the redhead. The words hadn't got out of her mouth, though, and her hands had certainly not lifted to the point that she could use her ability when one of the men, the one who had spit, stepped forward and backhanded her across the face. Vega, for her part, didn't hesitate. He was slapping, and that was nice for him, but she put every ounce of strength she had into punching his square between the eyes. As she did, she realised that blood was gushing in a fountain from his nose as he fell and she had the satisfaction of feeling his face crack under her knuckles.

She didn't have time to care, though. That left seven of them and Vega knew that there was no way on Idalos that she was going to win. So, she determined in that moment that she was going to kill as many of them as she possibly could before they did the same to her. Immortals, she thought in sudden cold fear, she hoped that was what they did. Either way, she determined there and then that five was her minimum number of casualties before she could die happy.

As they moved in, the rest of them, Vega let out a yell of pure fury and kicked out at the knee of the one nearest her. She didn't like to do it because, frankly, she'd had a broken knee and she knew how it felt. Turned out, she didn't need to worry because she didn't kick the knee quite where she meant to and although she hurt him and he howled, his punch to her jaw was much better aimed and Vega got a moment to wonder just how it was that she got herself into these situations. With a wild punch to the one in front of her, Vega got him in the right eye and he, too went down. She was already bleeding from her nose and her ear, but she wasn't done yet and so, fists and feet flew as Vega did her best to make sure that she got at least three more before they got her.
word count: 820

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Arlo Creede
Approved Character
Profession: Cassion's Champion
Renown: 820
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

The last thing that Arlo had wanted, was to spend his trial or even the smallest fraction of it, propped up in the corner of a dress shop or stall, holding Vega's bags while she tried on frocks, and maybe unmentionables, and while the other women, mostly old ones probably, tutted over him. Like the fox and the trap, he'd rather gnaw off his own left foot.

The stall where he'd seen all sorts of cookware on display seemed much more interesting to him. You could never have too many cast iron pans, he'd told Vega, and he'd spotted one that was large, flat, shallow and rectangular, with a raised griddle like area on the bottom. He'd meet her between their two destinations, give or take, once they were both done with their shopping. Except that once he'd arrived in that general area, Vega was nowhere to be seen.

He hadn't thought much of it at first. After all...women. As a kid, he'd spent what he'd claimed to be half his life, waiting for his mother to get done in some shop or other. Only for her to drag him off to another. So since Vega seemed inclined in a similar way, so far as he knew, Arlo wandered just a little bit more. That was, of course, until Lyova raised the alarm and he was off and making quick work of cutting through a crowd of shoppers.

Of course Arlo was completely aware of all the tension sweeping around Rharne lately, thanks to the ones that called themselves the ring of fire and did nothing but engage in violence and rabble rousing, then more violence again. Most of the citizens though were up in arms when it came to aukari, and even though Vega had red hair, he hadn't thought too much about it. After all, she didn't look anything like one of them. Not a bit. It would have taken an idiot to mistake her for one. But it appeared that a gang of those had managed to find her.

Or so Lyova told him before he picked up the pace, and then finally spotted her, so far, holding her own. It was then that the sort of anger, even rage, came over him that he'd never experienced before in his life. To see Vega being attacked that way. Heads were going to roll, and Arlo charged in. She'd taken two down on her own, apparently and Arlo felt a rush of pride in her rush through him. But there wasn't any time for that. There was one behind her while she contended with the one in front, who'd just reached out and grabbed hold of her shoulder.

It was no time for a sense of fair play and from behind, Arlo punched the man in the area where his kidney was, and with a pained howl, the man doubled over, spun around and the traveler and storyteller used the cast iron skillet in his hand as a bludgeon. The thing rang out as it made contact with the man's skull, the attacker collapsed and Arlo dropped the skillet before spinning round just in time to find another one coming at him.

He turned just a little too late, and later, he'd be sporting a black eye. But Arlo retaliated with a series of jabs made harder to avoid, due to a little ducking and weaving made all the more effective by his acrobatic skills. In no time, the man had dropped out of the fight, down on his hands and knees while nursing a few broken ribs.
word count: 619
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

66th Ymiden, 718
Two down, six to go and she was bleeding already. Vega knew it wasn't ideal, far from ideal and Iris was yelling in her ear to draw her sword but Vega would NOT do that. This was not a sword fight, no one had drawn a blade and, if she did, they might. For all that she thought it likely she was going to die here anyhow, if blades came out, there was no doubting it. Her head rang as the one in front of her punched and ht her temple, sending her stumbling backwards into the one behind. She felt him grab her shoulders and with a feral snarl and a scream of "You cowards! COWARDS!" She kicked the one directly in front of her straight into his groin and he collapsed. Vega wasn't excellently skilled, though she was competent enough, but she was strong and she put every ounce of force into that kick. Consequently he was throwing up before he hit the ground. Three, she thought to herself. Two more and then she'd at least have met her minimum. Her head was ringing though, and it sounded like a metallic sort of sound.

As the man who had old of her shoulders let go, she turned with a fist pulled back, but she recognised that the ringing sound was the sound oa skillet hitting a man over the head and that it was, of course. "Arlo!" He took down two of them and that meant that six out of the eight were on the ground and unconscious, screaming in pain or throwing up.

It left only two of them, and the young couple. Vega wanted to hurt them, wanted to kill them with her bare hands, but she looked and one of them was maybe twenty but probably not and he looked terrified. The other one was older, not much, but mid twenties and he was nervous. "What's the matter with you? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" Blood covered half her face and her eyes were solid crimson red - she was staying standing on pure fury and stubbornness alone. "One woman! Jus' one woman on 'er own an' look! LOOK! You cowards, cowardly filthy...." the rakahi she descended into told just how angry she was. She wanted to fight, but she was swaying on her feet and besides, she thought, wildly, Arlo might get hurt. The younger one of the two seemed both afraid and ashamed at once, especially when Vega told him off but the older one maintained an air of defiant. There was going to be more trouble, there was no doubting it, but then there was the shout from the guard approaching. At that, as the two remaining attackers both backed off, arms in the air, Vega sat back down on the wall.

"Did he 'urt you?" Vega looked at Arlo rather groggily, she'd taken a number of blows to the head and was reeling a little. Her nose and lip were both bleeding and there was a trickle of blood coming from her ear. "I didn't say nothin', I swear. I was jus' sittin' an waitin' for you. They wouldn't serve me in the shop, see," lifting her hand to his face, she frowned. "Did someone hit you? I'll kill 'em." Vega's hand was shaking as she pointed in the vague direction of the one in question, "I was jus' sittin' here an' he spat at me. Why did he do that?"

The Lightning Knights were there by that point and one of them came over to the two. He wore a first aid kit on his shoulder but took one look at Vega and frowned. "Maybe we should get you to the Order of the Adunih?" he said and Vega started to shake her head but quickly realised that was not a good idea. "Arlo tell him no," she said. "Unless it for you? Are you hurt?" The Lightning Knight, a young man with a kind look to him, looked at Arlo, saw that he had minimal bruising and looked fine and nodded, glancing at Arlo rather meaningfully. "Yes, both of you should get checked out. Can you walk, miss?" Blood and bruises didn't stop Vega's ability to give a withering look, it seemed. "I'll walk over there an' thump you senseless, an' then we'll know for sure." He didn't seem to mind her reply at all and nodded. "I'm glad. Perhaps you'd care to try it?"

Vega looked at him incredulously and started to stand up, then sat back down. "Arlo, go thump him, would you?" The Knight in question smiled. "I'm going to have to ask you for your statements. Maybe after you've got patched up?"
word count: 807

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Arlo Creede
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Arlo might be taking down his share of the troublemakers. But Vega was a whirling dervish and he couldn't be prouder. Sure, eventually she might have lost the fight on her own. He might have too, was it only him and him alone. But she didn't slow down one bit, just because he'd announced his own arrival on the scene by braining one of the thugs with his new skillet.

No blades though and that was just fine. This was Rharner after all where brawling was the preferred method for settling grievances large and small. Arlo had no intention of stepping outside that tradition so long as he could avoid it. Of course if the men had mistaken her for an aukari, after the string of oath's she spat out, they ought to know better. But it was too late for that and while Vega dressed the remaining two down, Arlo was primed and ready to put a fist in the face of the older, defiant one.

But then of course the guards arrived. "I'm fine, just fine," he assured Vega when she touched his face and went to babbling, nearly incoherent. That worried him a bit, considering she was bleeding from her ear. "I think I got Cassion's hide with the blessing," he claimed while urging her to sit down. "He did it because he's ignorant and doesn't know his own nose from his ass."

Of course she'd try and refuse a visit to the order. He'd never expected anything different, but Arlo was determined that she would in fact, let the knights take her there. Along with him of course, so frowning in response to the knight's pointed glance, he reached a tentative finger to his eye, and prodded the bruise gently. "I do feel a little lightheaded you know. Maybe I got a knock to the head?" That ought to do it, he figured.

And of course she tried to start something with the poor man who was just trying to help her. Giving the man a pointed look, Arlo seemed to waver a little on his feet. "Maybe I could use a little extra support myself?" he said, reaching out to Vega in particular. "Just in case." Just in case being the operative term, since she'd discover that he never once leaned on her as they moved towards the Order.

In fact, not only was his shoulder there for her to lean on. But if she faltered a bit, he'd be carrying her there in his arms. "Yes, after," he agreed, so far as collecting statements was concerned. Of course he'd only arrived late on the scene, and dived into a brawl that was already underway. It was from Vega, he guessed, that the knights would get most of what they wanted.
word count: 480
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Vega looked at Arlo with a very genuine frown on her face. "I don't think you got Cassion's hide. You'd better not 'ave, I like yours jus' fine." She smiled at him, trying not to look like she'd just been pounded on and, mostly, she failed. It was the blood, bruises and look of fury on her face which did it, of course. "It's not jus' them. They wouldn't serve me in the shop, Arlo." Eight men had just tried to beat her up, pulled no punches against her and spat at her and the thought of not being served in a shop brought sudden tears to her eyes. "I jus' wanted to buy a new dress." So, no, it wasn't him, or just him being ignorant. "An' it were because they think I'm not a biqaj. It's jus' bloody ironic innit?"

The Lightning Knight, though, he really flibbertied her gibbet and she was set to tell him so, but then Arlo said that he felt lightheaded. There was no question, hesitation or pause in Vega's mind. "We need to get you to a healer, then. What are you messin' about for?" The last was to the knight, who looked at her and couldn't quite hide the smile on his face. "He needs medical treatment. Famula's knicker elastic, talk about if you need somethin' doin', come on, you." As far as Vega was concerned there should be a team of lightning knights bringing a stretcher and rushing him to the Order of the Adunih, but Grinning McGrin-Face didn't seem to think that there was any need to rush.

As they made their way, she leaned on him and, as the adrenaline wore off by the time they were less than half way, carrying her was the only way to stop her weaving. She didn't even grumble when he scooped her up into his arms, just rested her head against his shoulder and mumbled against his shoulder. "I didn't mean to get into a fight, Arlo. I'm sorry."

The Order of the Adunih in Rharne was well populated and used to concussive blunt force injuries from the multitudes of brawls which happened here each trial. The woman who looked after them focused at first almost entirely on Vega. By that point, Vega would say that she wasn't arguing and being a perfect, compliant patient. She was awake, conscious and lucid but, as she put it when the healer asked her what her symptoms were, "my head's ringin' like a bell an' I don't know which one of you to tell to gerroff me cos there's four of you. Five. I dunno. More of you than should be. But he's in a worse state than me, I'm fine, gerrof." The healer in question ignored her protests completely. With a sudden deep frown, Vega turned to Arlo. "You tricked me. That was sneaky and underhanded, Arlo Creede."

It was about fifteen minutes, all told, and no one could accuse them of not being thorough. Vega was given tea to drink and was soon patched up and sitting in a chair next to Arlo who also had been checked over. "She seems fine and is quite lucid. I suspect that there might be a mild concussion, so I'm going to give you a list of things to watch out for," the woman said. Looking at Vega, though, she added. "If there is a concussion, it's a mild one. Her eyes are focusing now, she's aware and alert." Vega let out a slight snort and responded grouchily. "An' she's in the room. That's a shame, really, cos she gets snippy when people talk about 'er like she isn't in the room. Typical ginger." The healer continued, rather as though she hadn't heard Vega's grumbling. "There's a Lightning Knight, here to see you. Are you feeling well enough?" Vega bit back the snarl and just said that yes, she was.

When the healer went out, she squeezed Arlo's hand. "I'm right glad we brought you. A concussion's nothin' to worry about, but we'll keep an eye on you tonight an' tomorrow, aye?" It was the closest he'd get to an admission of her knowing that they'd done the right thing and she was grateful. "You ok?" She couldn't help worrying, she said, it was her nature and she always would. She knew, though, that he was just the same about her and magnified by a factor of ten. "Thanks for savin' my butt out there. Appreciated," she said but he'd have no time to reply as the Lightning Knight's voice came from the doorway.

"From the reports I've had, I'd say you were not in need of saving and we may have to accuse your fella of being a glory hound hanger on," he said, with a smile and nod to Arlo. "How are you both feeling?" He came in and sat down and looked at the two of them. "So, I'd like you tell me exactly what happened. According to the two witnesses, the gentlemen who claim they were simply trying to break up a fight, you attacked their companion, miss. They are quite badly injured, you broke his pelvis with that kick." Vega gave a half laugh. "And, um, sir, well, I'm afraid we've received a complaint about you, also, attacking people with a frypan?" Vega looked rather like she might explode at that.
word count: 946

Arlo Creede
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

She didn't want him having Cassion's hide? Arlo frowned curiously and shook his head. Her words were plain enough to understand in the wake of what had happened. But uttered past the scrapes and cuts, bumps and bruises, the expression that Vega was wearing was a bit on the wobbly side. "I'd probably look a sight better if I had his hide," he argued, while making a a show of it being him that needed the medics' attention. "I hear the ladies flock just to see him. I think you've been knocked a bit of a loop," Arlo teased them, making a swirling motion round his temple with one finger.

But what had happened, and as importantly why it happened, was a different matter and it wasn't a laughing one. "Not just ironic. It's flat wrong and can't stand," he insisted then looked at the Lightening Knight that was trying to get them both off of the streets. "I assume you'll be looking into that?" It was the red hair of course, and apparently the very backward assumption that red hair must mean aukari. Most stupid lack of understanding he'd ever heard of.

Right though. It was him that needed the extra care at the order and Arlo was every inch of him cooperative, all the way to the point of scooping her up in his arms to carry her the rest of the way. He was worried about her to say the least and had refused to leave Vega's side, even while a second healer was working at cleaning him up. Suffice it to say, he'd take that list, and he'd been keeping an eye on her from there on out. "I'm fine," he said when Vega turned his way, and still, Arlo managed to grin. "You're right. We got here just in time and the Order can be sure that you'll keep a good eye on me."

And why wouldn't he have jumped into the brawl, to fight by her side. "I can't let you have all the fun or the glory, can I?" As for an account of what had happened? Well Arlo figured, and he said as much, that Vega would be the better choice for telling that story. He'd only arrived in time to knock a couple of heads together. "The fry pan happened to be in my hands and the man was attempting to strangle Vega from behind. He's come away with nothing but a lump on the head. Would you rather I have drawn a blade and gone the killing route?"

And they were lying, Arlo said. All of them. Seven men, lying cowards, had approached and attacked one woman, and likely wouldn't have stopped until she was dead. And the store that had refused to serve Vega was just as guilty so far as he was concerned. "I grew up in Rharne, and none of these are the sort of people I remember. Rharneans have always been better than that?" Of course, revealing that he'd grown up in the area led to the knights asking both their names, and when Arlo supplied his, the knight looked surprised, and then smiled a little.

"Arlo Creede...Are Jonas and Nella Creede your parents?" Arlo naturally confirmed that and the knight responded in a quieter tone. "I was real sorry to hear about your mother. My grandparents used to own a farm nearby your family's own. I remember being there when your father came and helped my grandpa with his cows, and your mother brought fresh eggs, cream and jam..." Arlo nodded and interjected, "Peach and pecan jam...it was the only sort of thing she could cook reliably well." To which the knight smiled, sadly again. "She was a nice lady. She'll be missed."

"So,"[/b] the knight said and turned back to Vega with a smile, and his pencil poised over a page in his pad. "This shop...the owners refused to serve you? Can you tell me exactly what happened, and then continue with later, outside the shop?"
word count: 699
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

"I don't care what the ladies do, or where they flock neither" Vega looked at him and she was, she felt, perfectly lucid. In truth, she wasn't at all, but she was very sure of this. "You forget, I've been kissed by you both. They can flock on, I got the best one." Later, she'd claim not to remember saying it and deny it completely - claiming that he was in fact delusional, but that was later, when she felt better. When he swirled his finger around, though, she frowned at him and poked out her tongue. "Mean boy. If I could be bothered, I'd thump you, I would."

By the time he scooped her into his arms, Vega was too out of it to argue with him and it was all a little blurry until they were sitting and the Lightning Knight came in. She was feeling better by then, but when the conversation between Arlo and the Lightning Knight unfolded, she remained quiet. Arlo was angry, she knew he was and whilst his outrage was at people attacking her, then at the idea of a group of seven men attacking a lone woman ever, there was also a sting for him that it was here. As the Lightning Knight remembered Mrs Creede, Vega's fingers entwined round Arlo's and she just held on to him. He grieved for his mother, more than he showed or talked about she knew. He missed her and always would, but it was nice to see that there were places and people who reminded him that she was a well liked and well respected woman. She didn't let go of his hand.

But then he wanted details and Vega didn't really want to give them, if she was honest. But, holding on to Arlo's hand she spoke. "It was.. they never said they wouldn't serve me, jus'.. they wouldn't. It was so frustratin', they said they didn't have anythin' for 'my kind', an' that they understood Sirothelle 'ad the latest fashions. I jus' wanted to buy a dress an' underwear an' stuff, you know? It was all there, right in front of me, but the woman jus' stood in front of the rail an' wouldn't let me near it. I was that frustrated I wanted to pound her face in," Vega shrugged slightly. "But.. I mean she's a woman workin' in a shop. " It hadn't been one woman, though, she said. They'd all been looking at her like that and she had made the decision to just leave the shop, rather than get into a fight with store workers and half a dozen shoppers. "So, I went to where I was meetin' Arlo, but I was early. I sat on the wall an' I.." She looked at Arlo and her expression was, of all things, apologetic - clearly so even under the bruises. "I thought it were rainin'. Stupid, I know, but I didn't expect him to spit at me. I asked him if he'd jus' spat at me, I couldn't believe it." Not the brightest, she knew. After the shop she should have realised, she knew that. "An' he hit me. Right across the face. But he backhanded me, an' I don't know about you lot an' brawlin', but he hit like a girl." Her face told a different story, of course, and the knight smiled and encouraged her to carry on. "So I taught him 'ow gingers hit. Hard an' between the eyes. He's the one with a caved in face."

The knight looked at her and smiled. "Sounds like you more than held your own, miss Lei'nox. So, they're pressing charges, saying you started it, attacked them in the street. Claiming there'll be witnesses. I take it you want to take forward your own charges?" He was already writing in his book when Vega answered. "No," she said and the Lightning Knight lifted his head in some surprise. "They attacked me an' they lost. If they wanna parade their shame through the streets, good on 'em. Someone hit me, an' I hit em back. Harder. It's done. Jus' cos I've got the biggest balls of the eight of us, it's not my problem. Bring it. Only thing? Do you guys 'ave trial in combat? Cos I wouldn't mind kickin' their asses some more." Sighing, she glanced at Arlo and knew that she wasn't being entirely sensible here. "Look, I'm marked, blessed by Xiur an' Qylios. I dunno how Ilaren feels about them, but I'll swear by them both to my version of it. You know, the eight men attackin' a single lone female who kicked their ass, version." She was doing her best not to show just how hurt and tired she was, but she was struggling to keep focused. The knight looked at Arlo, though, to check if there was more he wanted to add.
word count: 845

Arlo Creede
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Re: When Cooler Heads Prevail

Vega was not perfectly lucid. Arlo knew it, even if she didn't. In some ways however, she was every bit herself, just as always. Stubborn, argumentative, contrary, impossible to reason with. If any one of those things was missing, Arlo would worry about her more than he was already. But as long as she was difficult to get along with, she was the same Vega he loved to distraction, and she'd be just fine so long as she listened, and did what the healer told her to do.

"You'd have to catch me first," he said, when she threatened to thump him. And it was worse for Arlo. That this was Rharne, where people were engaging in the sort of thing that Vega had just been subjected to. Even at the worst of times, Arlo had never known the people of Rharne to be quite that openly hostile to anyone based on their looks, or of all things, the color of their hair. And now, naturally, those men would deny it. If his mother was here, she'd have an earful for everyone, and she'd have been the first one slinging a cast iron pan in the square, down on the head of every bigot and fool in sight.

He was angry all over again when she talked about how they'd treated her in the shop. Angry enough that he could have headed over to the place right then and set them straight. "They're not men," he said when Vega described how they'd spit on and struck out at her. "Just cowards, is all." At first of course, he'd have said that she should press charges. But when she refused, Arlo looked back at her surprised. "You sure?" Then, of all things, he grinned and squeezed her hand. He couldn't be prouder.

'Are you sure?" the Knight asked Vega about charges, and when he glanced back, Arlo shook his head. It was Vega's choice, not his. "The better question would be, are they sure?" he said. "Eight men, one small little woman in a skirt who whooped them and good." It wasn't the sort of thing, he added, that he'd want a whole town full of people knowing about, had it happened to him. Especially if he'd been one of eight, that had only gotten himself whooped after spitting on and striking said woman. "I saw a couple of 'em wearing bands on their fingers. It probably won't go over very well at home with their wives."
word count: 431
Rynata
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Merchant
Renown: 210
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: When Cooler Heads Prevail

Reverse Pirate Rynata,
here to reverse pirate your rewards!
Name: Vega

Knowledge:
Intimidation: Actions speak louder than words. Especially when that action is a punch.
Unarmed Combat: Brawling: A punch to the face beats a slap across one.
Unarmed Combat: Brawling: A kick to the knee
Unarmed Combat: Brawling: Fighting multiple opponents
Unarmed Combat: Brawling: Front kick is easier than side kick
Unarmed Combat: Brawling: Pulling yourself out of a grip
Unarmed Combat: Brawling: Keep your weight even
Strength: Putting your weight behind a punch
Strength: Kicking using your leg muscles for extra power

Loot: N/A
Injuries: Multiple cuts and bruises to her upper body. Mild concussion. She gets healing in this thread so it'll take 10 trials to heal. She'll have headaches and stuff for 30 trials after.
Expenses: N/A
Renown: 10
Magic XP: N/A

Name: Arlo

Knowledge:
Acrobatics: Using your flexibility to hit in a variety of places
Acrobatics: Acrobatic dodging
Acrobatics: Jumping and running through a crowd
Acrobatics: Maximizing distance covered.
Unarmed Combat: Brawling: User whatever is near to you as a weapon
Unarmed Combat: Brawling : Punching to the kidneys is very effective.
Unarmed Combat: Brawling:: Jabbing
Unarmed Combat: Brawling: Multiple, speedy jabs are very effective.
Unarmed Combat: Brawling: Weaving, ducking and diving

Loot: N/A
Injuries: Black eye, and sore bruises. Takes about 20 trials to fade properly
Expenses: N/A
Renown: 10
Magic XP: N/A

Comments: How exciting! I loved the brawl and of course, Vega's yelling. Also, classic frying pan. Just all in all, action packed and full of enjoyable characters. Even the ones getting kicked into the dirt.

If you feel I've missed anything or if you have questions about your review, please don't hesitate to send me a quick PM. Also, please indicate on your request thread that this has been reviewed. Thanks!

Code: Select all

[center][img]/gallery/image.php?album_id=500&image_id=13942[/img][/center]
word count: 330
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Rharne”