Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

The Daily Screech

"The Daily Screech"
Welcome to Athart's out-of-character chat forum.

Feel free to bring anything to our attention here that you feel worthy of mention. This could be anything from a GIF to a music video, to a rant on how much you hate GIFs and music videos. There will probably be separate forums started that will have a particular focus, like a "What is your PCs theme song?" kind of thing. But this is more of a miscellaneous file for less definable rubbish. Sort of a conversational compost heap, if you will. ;)

There may be some game-related items placed here. I may find this to be the best place for announcements of upcoming events or quests. Or I may just feel like ragging on some aspect of a new movie that everyone else likes that I loathe. You may feel free to do likewise. Keep it reasonably clean though.

However, this is not the place for ST-related complaints. Such matters should be dealt with via PM.
word count: 171
Maltruism
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: "Mastermind"
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

The Daily Screech

So...

With the advent of the Language Loyalty Bonus, Arizeem will be able to take "Dehasin", which is a slave language outside of "Common", at Broken level, in late October. When he has been here for an arc, it will rise to "Conversational".

However, if he chooses to go to the Hotlands, it will interrupt this. There is a possibility that he could begin amassing time-served to gain Umaya, by this same bonus, if he stays there long enough. It's kind of vague because the Hotlands is not technically Nashaki.

Kalortah, I'm sorry to say that although you joined way back in February, you've only been active for a little under a month. Sometime in mid-December you could get the same bonus.
word count: 127
Arizeem
Approved Character
Race: Avriel
Profession: Soldier
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

The Daily Screech

Thank you for the heads-up!

Out of character, Dehasin is really tempting. I imagine an avriel with basic understanding of Dehasin might overhear some interesting things in Athart :) In character, well, Ari goes pretty much whenever and wherever the Dominion brass tells him to...

But late October works for me, as that's still in the middle of Vhalar, if I understand the system correctly. Looks like I can eat the language cake and have it, too! :P
word count: 78
Maltruism
General Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

The Daily Screech

So...
Be sure to sign up on ye olde
Colde Cycle 717 Registry to be current.

Things were slow awhile back and I did not upgrade to new seasons. :roll:
But old rosters have now been placed in the Past Cycle registries topic
word count: 42
Bumblebee
Prophet of Old
Race: Human
Profession: Desnind Mod
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Contribution

Staff

The Daily Screech

• Bumblebee

This wasn't written in since October 2017!?!?

Woah! Well, if any of you are still flying around, then let me know. I'm Bumblebee and I'll be buzzing around for awhile. Very excited to be back, and I can't wait to be working alongside Maltruism in this wonderful, beautiful, fantastic, vain city.

Update: SO, last time I was around, it was my interest to make the city more intuitive for new and returning players. I am currently working on editing a city template that closer resembles the more traditional ones around ST, but fear not! Maltruism's beautiful lore shall stay written as is. The only thing I really think needs to be changed is race relations - primarily Ithecal, as it is very outdated. Will approach that as I get to it. In the meantime, here is a sneak peek of what I'm looking at. Aesthetics subject to change.

Sneak Peek
word count: 156
Work Hard. Stay Bumble.
Astronomy
Prophet of Old
Profession: Starchild Extraordinaire
Renown: 69
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

The Daily Screech

(Bee is great you guys are lucky to have her)
word count: 10
Signature credit to Banshee!
Maltruism
General Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

The Daily Screech

Bee, I could not be happier to see you step in. :D
Way, way back, Etzos was not enjoying the population it has now, and it was easy to keep up on Athart.
That has all changed, and I can not help but feel that my divided attention has contributed largely to the emptiness that echoes up and down the streets of this city.
And by all means, feel free to reconfigure the lore. 8-) I hope my codes are not primitive to decipher. :?
Hopefully,we will see some folks try this city out.
I can not imagine them being disappointed.
word count: 99
Bumblebee
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Contribution

Staff

The Daily Screech

Announcement

Hello, my lovely birds and bees.

Great news!!!

If you look around, Athart has gone through some big changes! Let's talk about it!

New Sub-forums. Whispers on the Wind, as you know is the new OOC forum. This is going to have almost everything you need to understand Athart and its workings TODAY. This includes the Encyclopedia/Lore Book (which has been completely updated and will be added to in days to come), the Daily Screech, will soon have developmental submissions, as well as maps and all kinds of other goodies. Consider it your one stop shop.

The next sub-forum we have is called Under the Wing. This is broken down into two areas - OOC Achives, as in everything before my arrival that you may or may not need for a current pc joining us. This means old calendars, old registries, etc. The IC Archives sub is for all threads not posted in the current months/seasons. Completed, abandoned, or placeholders will be put here, with every season change. So don't worry if you can't find an old solo or memory, it's here. I didn't delete anything!

I made these changes so I could get a good idea of who is here, who is active, and what needs to be addressed without clutter from the past. It will also allow any interested players to pop in and get a good gauge of activity.

Last but not least, I am hoping to get a calendar of events up as soon as possible and dev some ways and reasons our awesome city can bring in players.

Much love,

Bee
word count: 275
Work Hard. Stay Bumble.
Astronomy
Prophet of Old
Profession: Starchild Extraordinaire
Renown: 69
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

The Daily Screech

LOOK AT BEE GO
word count: 4
Signature credit to Banshee!
Bumblebee
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Contribution

Staff

Re: The Daily Screech

Bumblebee

Athart!

I have been a little quiet, but I've been pondering what the next move for the city will be. Since I have no players, it's been me mostly brainstorming and organizing. While there was no officially announcement when it was released, you might have realized two new threads in the OOC forum.

Athart Maps & Locations is going to be the new Getting Lost in Athart. I wasn't quite sure how Maltruism wanted that organized or added to, but when I recoded some of the city, I did add that info to the Athartian Encyclopedia, I just wanted a place where the write ups could be individualized as well and linked to for reference instead of one giant post. I felt this would make any editing in the future easier.

There is also now a Athart Q&A where players can ask anything regarding Avriel, slaves, or the general information regarding the city. I am debating making a separate thread to move answered player questions to, as to keep it looking uncluttered? Idk, I like a very clean look but don't feel comfortable deleting posts, ooc or otherwise, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Last but not least, I've been working on an idea for Athart's first holiday. Name pending, but it involves Xiur, sky races, and general hope for the downtrodden. Here's a semi-rough outline:

Bumblebee wrote:A holiday that the Avriel enjoy for its beauty and wonder, but that often keeps the humans going in time of desperation. A highly celebrated event, with some arrogant Avriel rushing to the skies to see if they can race each other among the falling stars. Those that get by unscathed are praised for trials to come, but the unlucky often sustain serious injuries and risk getting shot from the sky. On the following dawn, groups of explorers, free men (natives and visitors alike) as well as some accompanying slaves, go to hunt down the fallen rock in the thick jungle. To find one is rare but often brings unexpected properties and a bounty of good luck. Or so the saying goes. Immortal devotees believe finding a star and whispering your hopes and dreams while clutching it will give you an audience with Xiur. Whether this is true or not, seems to be unknown.
word count: 396
Work Hard. Stay Bumble.
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Whispers on the Wind”