• Closed • A Meeting [Scalvoris Camputs]

Delta, Padraig, and Faith

A satellite of the prestigious Viden Academy, this collaborative effort has truly been successful on Scalvoris and many great inventions and discoveries are made on a regular basis!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Delta
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Slave
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

A Meeting [Scalvoris Camputs]

Delta remained quiet and passive, as she had for the past few trials. She sat, a sense of calm still lulling her into relaxation that she had not felt for seasons, if not arcs. Conversation drifted over her from the three others in the room, and the slave heard it, but was barely listening. She recognised her Mistress’ voice - a woman who spoke far too much, especially when nervous. She wondered what, exactly, the naer was saying to try to convince Padraig to help. Did Lakia even know the half of it? The incident with the murder of the whore and arson had been explained in a fair amount of depth to Lakia, who had found her half-drowned in the bay.

But after that incident Delta had hardly been forthcoming, beyond the odd word of explanation for new injuries which Lakia had demanded. Lakia would not know of the rapes: that had left no mark that Lakia had thought to look for, thus she had not asked. Nor had Delta made any attempt to explain in depth the horrors or being whored out to the highest bidder. Not even Delta understood what had happened there. Lakia could easily pin-point three or four separate occasions where Delta had been found beaten to within an inch of her life.

When she heard Lakia directly address her, she looked up and focused, more on the signs than the words. She nodded gently, a lethargic movement, and offered the smallest of smiles. Her own fingers responded, as was natural for the pair of them to communicate in this way, their closest thing to a common language, signing back that she was, “not afraid now”.

The voices of the other two, however, while not combative, were hard and cold. Lakia and Delta were clearly unwanted. Again, as she had imagined on the Immortal’s Tongue, Delta believed that she was the cause of this unease. ‘This man really doesn’t like slaves’. Faith seemed gentle enough, but the slave instantly questioned Lakia’s decision to take her to Padraig. In Delta’s eyes, he had been at best dismissive and at worst disdainful of the slave’s presence with the team at the ruins. Now, little seemed to have changed, and even the woman was cold.

The woman, Faith, was still touching her, though now her hands had moved down to her wrist, and then on to collect a tub of cool cream, which she began to rub in circles along Delta’s arms and wrists. The woman was careful enough to avoid open sores, some self-inflicted, others not. She seemed to know what she was doing. Delta watched: her hands were gentle but her face, which did not look up, was not. The slave pulled her hands away, curling them inwards to her chest. “Lakia,” she called for the woman's attention, then signed, “Thry don't like slaves. They don't like me here. I want to go. Now.
word count: 499
"Happiness comes in waves..."

Common | Rakahi | Euthic Sign | Ith'ession
Padraig
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 939
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

"Thanks to Niv," Padraig said dryly, but with the slightest of smiles when he reminded Faith where, exactly, the newfound title of Faith's Special Flower had come from. Strange, the friendship between himself and the tiny creature that he'd carried in his pocket through the ice caves. But there was nothing complicated about it, in spite of Niv's tendency to lounge sans clothing in her teacup.

As Lakia detailed the process of dealing with Delta's reliance on Psinia Seed however, he frowned. The stuff had it's medicinal uses, certainly, and while occasional recreational use might be all well and good for those with a healthy mental state, overuse, or use by those who were more susceptible to the effects...thus more likely to become addicted, could be dangerous. He didn't need to be a healer or one who studied psychology to know it.

As for Faith's efforts to deal with Delta, while the slave might view his lack of interaction with her as disinterest or even contempt for her or slaves in general, the truth was that it was Faith who was in the position to provide the most help, who understood best what the problem was. And not him. The girl didn't need sympathy, neither did Lakia so far as Padraig was concerned. In fact, it could do more harm than good. Sometimes honestly and bluntness was the real help that others needed.

And Lakia herself? The ghostly figure behind her must be her mother, Padraig thought with a deep frown. Like mother, like daughter, he guessed. This newfound ability of his however was as unsettling to him, as it was the fact that Faith could see and hear spirits. The fact remained that she had more experience with them, and presumably, reasoning with them too. There seemed to be one thing though that needed saying as a result. "You need to stay away from the ice caves," he said bluntly. "There's no good that can come of going back there. If you think you can free yourself of something there, think again. Remember Carla and the others who were trapped there."

Faith too understood that it wasn't sympathy that these two needed. It was all to apparent in the blunt way she interacted with them, especially Lakia. Too much sympathy got in the way of hearing the truth and acknowledging it. And so ultimately, while he'd help in whatever way he could, a straightforward approach would seem to do each of them the most good.
word count: 435
Lakia Amaranthine
Approved Character
Race: Lotharro
Renown: -30
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

At Faith's question as to how Lakia had taken Delta off the drug, Lakia gave the biqaj a wry smile. "I asked Delta if she wanted to get off the drug. She responded by throwing what remained of the supply into the ocean. So yeah, it wound up being a sudden stop." she said, before frowning. "Wouldn't that be better anyway? I mean, wouldn't drawing out the stop make it harder to stop, and keep the issues from stopping going on longer?" she said, her tone curious. In truth, Lakia's medical knowledge was basic if that, but she hadn't really had anyone she trusted to be honest with her to ask.

When Faith said they could help Delta, Lakia breathed a sigh of relief, then glance at Faith as she said that she needed to get help herself. "I know where to get exactly the help I need." she said, her tone calm, before she cocked her head at Faith as she said she had to make Delta's choice for her. After a moment, Lakia pulled out Delta's papers, then set them on Padraig's desk. "Not entirely correct. I've forced Delta's hand enough, and I've been told that forcing help on someone won't help them. It should be her choice, unless you're going to tell me she's not mentally fit to choose for herself." she said, cocking her head at both Faith and Padraig.

When the request came for information about the attacks since the Immortals Tongue, Lakia grimaced. "Unfortunately, I can't say much. The attacks happened when I was out, the first because she ran off to steal more Psinia, the others seem to be because she witnessed a murder. No idea who the real culprit was, or what happened to him, but apparently her word is worthless in the matter." she said, growing angry at that before shaking it off with some effort. "As for the drowning, it seems to be part of the same issue, at least it's when I found about the murder. Went to get dinner, came back to a burning inn and found her half-drowned in the water nearby. Haven't been able to get a clear story out of her about it." she said, grimacing.

When Delta got her attention, Lakia turned to her, then sighed at her signed words. "Give us one moment, please." she said, before giving Delta her whole attention as her hands started to weave in Euthic Sign. "Calm down. They may not like us, but they're good people. They'll help, whatever their personal feelings towards us. And Padraig doesn't have an issue with slaves, he was the one who cared for the girl in the ruins." her hands said, her "tone" calm and comforting. "She's nervous, and her common isn't very good. She speaks excellent Rakahi by my understanding, though, so maybe that'll be useful in getting her treated." she said, her voice quiet.

Then Padraig made his comment about the Ice Caves and her gaze snapped to him as she turned pale. After a moment she shot up out of her chair like it had just turned white hot and started to pace behind the chairs, visibly growing more agitated with every step. "I never told...how do you...you couldn't have..." she said, her tone growing panicked before she came to a dead stop next to a wall and dropped into a crouch. Closing her eyes and raising her scarred hand in front of her face, closing it into a fist.

"Focus, focus, focus." she muttered to herself, over and over and over. After a few solid bits, her hand started to glow, first with a wavering flicker as her concentration kept slipping, but finally it glowed steadily. She kept muttering to herself to focus on the the light she had made. After a while, she stood up and looked back at Padraig, calmer but still visibly agitated. "I never told anyone. Not one soul. So how could you possibly have known I was going to drown myself in the Ice Caves?" she asked, her focus intent on the man.
word count: 708
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

When Lakia said that she had forced Delta's hand enough, Faith had a rough time not letting her feelings show. However, the disciplined young woman was just that, disciplined, and she said nothing. Taking responsibility was important to Faith and Lakia seemed to be doing none of it. Then, when Lakia said that she was doing this unless one of them told her that Delta was unable to make her own choices, Faith looked at the Naer and she answered very calmly. "Are you telling us she is? After what you've seen. The choice is yours, the responsibility is yours."

As Lakia spoke to Delta with their strange hand language, Faith glanced at Padraig. Her gaze was calm, collected and neutral. All signs for him, he would know just how hard she was finding this situation. The desire to shout at Lakia, to wrap Delta up and take her home where they could look after her, to just let her emotions out was almost overwhelming. When her eyes met his, Faith smiled and she gave thanks to Vri for the man she loved. Later, they would talk about it and she wouldn't have to work it through on her own. He was there with her, every time and every step.

It gave her the calm, the split-trill she needed to just get back to doing what she had to do. She lowered her head, looking down at her hands for a moment and putting all of the emotions she felt into them, Faith then moved and just worked on helping Delta feel comfortable. Until Lakia shot up and started pacing. Then, Faith looked up and frowned slightly and glanced at Padraig with a warning gaze. Best not to speak to the Naer right now, she thought. But then, Lakia got herself under control by a strange means, but one which seemed to work.

"He knew because you spoke it and the ghost that is with you, attached to you, she heard it." Faith's voice was calm and kinder than it had been. "You spoke it because you thought there was no one there, maybe muttered it to yourself. She heard it. She's your mother, I think." Faith motioned to where the spirit of the Naer woman was. "She's just there. She says that this, none of what's happened to you and Delta is your fault, it's her sister's. But she probably didn't know we can see her, hear her." Faith smiled to the spirit then. "We can. I can help you, if you wish it. I can tell Lakia what you want her to know, help you to pass over." Faith held up her hand, revealing the tattoo, then the other one like it. "I am Famula's servant, it's my job and sacred duty."

Faith sighed slightly and looked at Lakia. "Your mother has been with you, I imagine since she died. She watches over you." With a level gaze, she smiled. "Which all sounds unbelievable, I understand. Ask me something that only she would know, if it helps, and if she chooses to answer, I'll tell you what she said?" Faith purposely turned the attention for that to herself, calmly handing Padraig the salve for Delta and moving so that he switched places with her. She was much, much more used to dealing with spirits than he was and she knew how uncomfortable he felt about it. So, she gave him something to do and she took a brief second just to touch her hand to his as she handed him the salve.
word count: 615
Life, Death and the In-Between .
Oberan
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Full time nuisance
Renown: 292
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: A Meeting [Scalvoris Camputs]

Review Rewards

Paddie

Points awarded: 15

Knowledge: None

Magic: No magic exp

Other: N/A

Faithie

Deltoid

Lamia

Notes:
I never do like it when threads are unfinished. Especially when it happens at a point I consider things are starting to get really interesting. Too bad, I suppose. It was an enjoyable read nonetheless though.

Your review request is here.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns in regards to this review, feel free to PM.
word count: 113
Just because I shouldn't doesn't mean I won't.

Mortalborn Abilities | Die Roller | Capstones
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “University of Scalvoris (Viden Academy)”