Knowledge Hub Proposals Here!

A satellite of the prestigious Viden Academy, this collaborative effort has truly been successful on Scalvoris and many great inventions and discoveries are made on a regular basis!

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Knowledge Hub Proposals Here!

ImageNameDateDescription
ImageUniversity Challenge! 15th Ymiden On 15th Ymiden, the university announces a collaboration with Saorie's School. The two institutions will be working together. The two institutions together announce their first project: the setting up of a number of "Knowledge Hubs" throughout Scalvoris. They invite Scalvoris citizens to submit written proposals for where these hubs will be. These must be submitted by the 35th Ymiden. Reward
Please post your proposals here! Mark them for the attention of the "Knowledge Hub Proposals Committee"

Thanks!
word count: 83
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Devin
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Baron Smooglethorn
Renown: 1145
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Knowledge Hub Proposals Here!

On the 17th of Ymiden, a letter arrived at the university. It was encased in an ivory-colored envelope that had been painted with feathers and pretty little stars (not by the sender) and perfumed (by the sender), because always using a white envelope that smelled of nothing but paper was boring. If whoever was responsible for reading the proposals and accepting them (or not) opened it, they would find a piece of crisp white parchment that was covered with someone’s handwriting in black ink. It was not a particularly beautiful kind of handwriting, but it was legible – because they sender had decided to give his absolute best:

To: Knowledge Hub Proposals Committee

To Whom it May Concern

I’ve recently found out that you are working together with Saoire’s School and plan on setting up a number of “knowledge hubs” throughout Scalvoris. I’d like to offer my help in that regard. As you may know, I became one of the three new Barons Smooglenuff last season which includes a manor that Lady Saoire agreed to help us with.

One of the things that I promised to do was rebuild the late Baron Rodrigues’ library. Actually, it was his study, I think, but it was filled from floor to ceiling with books and parchments. He told me that he was Blessed by Yvithia and loved to travel when I met him.

I’d like to establish a knowledge hub on Faldrass, in the manor, in his name – the Rodrigues Von Smooglenuff Knowledge Hub that contains books from all over Idalos, and on all kinds of subjects, a place where people can come to learn about the world that we call our home.

There will be no costs on your part. I will also procure the initial collection of books myself, although I envision that scholars from all over Scalvoris and beyond will eventually donate their knowledge and make it possible for other people to learn from them.

In the future, a secondary knowledge hub could be established in Scalvoris Town itself, with a focus that is different from that of the University of Scalvoris or the Scalvoris Town library.

I would of course donate the building.

I do of course also plan on donating my own time and my own knowledge – I am, as you may know, an experienced doctor and currently doing my Licentiate in Medicine as well as undertaking some studies of the arcane at your institution, and I am a skilled cosmetologist as well.

Saoire’s School focuses on crafting skills while the University of Scalvoris focuses on academic subjects for the most part. Provided that you are alright with it, I’d like my proposed knowledge hub to bridge that gap. It won’t distinguish between academic subjects and crafting skills; it will be a place of learning in general, and a new centre of knowledge.

That being said, I am open to suggestions. If you’d like my help in that regard, I would also use my name and my connections in order to promote those new knowledge hubs. It is a wonderful idea in my opinion, and one that should be supported.

Regards,

Doctor Devin Thorn, Baron Smooglenuff

word count: 543

Appearance

• Due to an encounter with a magical tree Devin has bright violet eyes.
  • Devin has fancy black claw-like nails. The Grafter Rakvald made them from the spines that grow on the dubaebo's back and attached them to Devin's hands.

Items

Devin owns a Ring of Reversal. He's always wearing it, unless stated otherwise.

Potions

N/A
[/list]
Mab Prell
Approved Character
Race: Mer
Profession: Animal Trainer/Caretaker
Renown: 20
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

17th Ymiden 721

Mab fingered the hand-made seaweed paper nervously as she inserted it into the envelope. What do I know of the university or Saoire’s school? Who am I to presume I have an idea worthy of such prestigious eyes? She had been sitting on the idea for trials and it was only with her mother planted firmly behind her, eyes boring in to the hot back of her neck, that she was able to write out her idea and send it. Inside the envelope, scrawled on rough paper in black ink, was a suggestion for the basis of a knowledge hub.

Knowledge Hub Proposals Committee:

I am writing you this fine trial to bend your ear to an idea. The university is known for its teaching of the why’s and ways of things and the Saoire school for teaching the how’s and what’s of things. I think though, if I may presume, that perhaps Scalvoris Town could benefit from a collegial and light-hearted locale for those linguists and polyglots in your halls. What better place to practice languages than in light-hearted revelry and true conversation. Therefore, I detail below a proposal for a linguists’ pub in Scalvoris Town.

Below, Mab had drawn up a draft proposal for a pub that perhaps they would have staff and resources to fund. The idea had been potted itself inside her head and just wouldn’t seem to budge, and although she was grateful to place it in the soil of someone else’s garden and hope it grew, she was anxious to presume on their backyard.

Proposal

word count: 273
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Ymiden 19, Arc 721

Knowledge Hub Proposals Committee,

Greetings from the Haven Settlement on Faldrass!

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Elisabeth Angelus, and I am the current settlement leader of Haven, situated on Faldrass.

Last cycle, The University founded a research/science station within Haven to study unique resources that are discovered on Faldrass. This has been a wonderful addition to our settlement, and we are proud of our partnership with the University. As a growing, but small settlement, we would welcome further opportunities to strengthen those ties. As well, my own personal background is in academics and research, so the thought of assisting and helping the pursuits of knowledge is very important to me.

In the beginning of Ymiden, as you’ve likely heard, Haven’s location changed from the northwest coast of Faldrass to the eastern coast, north of the Sentry. This relocation allowed our settlement to be much more accessible, and I believe this would benefit a proposed knowledge hub.

An expansion of the current research station in Haven would allow for the addition of a knowledge hub here, and the settlements centrally located position on Faldrass would allow for information to be stored and/or possibly researched, depending on the University’s needs. As a growing settlement in its infancy, we are much more able to make accommodations that would suit new ideas as opposed to a more established location.

Haven is able and willing to provide housing for any additional staff and researchers that would be needed and would be committed to making sure those here feel welcome and a part of the community.

Communication is truly important when establishing ties, and as such, we would be committed to working with other groups, settlements, locations in furtherance of this goal.

We envision a knowledge hub to be a true collaboration and wish to work with the University/Saoire's School to further knowledge for all.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth Angelus
Settlement Leader
Haven, Faldrass

word count: 331
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Letter: Arrived 1st Ymiden 722.

To those who applied for a knowledge hub,

First, my most sincere apologies for the delay in this response. An internal matter arose in the University which meant that this had to be put "on hold". However, that has now been resolved and I am pleased to announce that there is a winner.

Congratulations to Baron Devin for his proposal for the Faldrass Knowledge Hub the Rodrigues Von Smooglenuff Knowledge Hub which will be set up in Smooglenuff Manor. Your generous nature has allowed you to make an offer of there being no costs to us, but the money is there and so we will match your funds and make this Knowledge Hub twice as large! If you wish to, this would allow a separate building inside the Manor grounds to serve as the hub which we could jointly fund.

Second place goes to Elisabeth Angelus for her suggestion. We have sent a small gift to Haven in recognition of your proposal.

Many thanks to all who took part.

Sincerely,

Chancellor Manyon.

word count: 177
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “University of Scalvoris (Viden Academy)”