• Site News • News & New Features!

This thread will keep you updated on news and new features!

Announcements which apply to the whole site.

Moderator: Staff

Basilisk Snek
Developer - Staff (TL)
Developer - Staff (TL)
Race: Prophet
Renown: 10
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Re: News & New Features!

So it's been pretty obvious that magic development has not sped up the way I said it would. Part of that is on me. Due to a number of personal issues (I was basically unable to contribute anything major from November to mid-January) and an attempt to rework how the Dev team handles big projects, I haven't been able to push magic like I wanted too. However, there is another issue. The fact is, we have been trying to complete magic as though we were Plague.

Now, the intent was to keep things as close to both the letter and the spirit of his original intent as possible. While I hold that this was well intentioned, it was also misguided. The fact is, we are not Plague, and trying to do things like we were has hamstrung us. Don't get me wrong, Plague was a good developer and a good friend, but people are better developers when they're allowed to create what they would create, not what someone else would create.

So what does this mean? It means I am pulling all 5 un-released magics, Sovereign, Dustforge, Pact, Mirage, and Schism, from the wiki. What forms new magics may take is going to be up to who ever wants to dev a new magic, now. I do apologize for the delay in getting magic done, but this will free up creativity for our staff and maybe get this out faster.

Now, for anyone who had points in those 5 magics being pulled, you can exchange those points for either 5 points in a different magic or 10 points in a non-magic skill. Please log the change in your ledger.

As for Abberation, that one was released at one point and is up for rework. It isn't getting pulled. All right, that's it for today, thank you all for your time.
word count: 319
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Advocate Team

Hi everyone!

Following a full staff discussion and vote, it has been agreed that we are removing the Advocate role from ST. Splinter (our only current Advocate) is moving to the Lore Analysis Team and will be focusing on the Wiki, Guides and Primers etc.

If an issue arises between players, the expectation is that the players in question can deal with it as adults. Should, however, there be a breach of the ToU, then this should be reported to a staff member and will be dealt with by a small team appropriate to the issue. If anyone has any questions, feel free to drop me a PM.

Welcome, Splinter, to the Lore Analysis Team - we're happy to have you here!!

word count: 124
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Hunting!

Hi everyone!

With thanks to Wald Lowca for pointing it out - the Hunting skill has been added to the Velduris mark as one of the skills which can be awarded extra points. Thanks, Wald.

word count: 35

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Player Guides!

Hi everyone!

As you know, we're working hard to get everything moved across to the Wiki. To that end I'm pleased to say that I've archived the "Player Guides" forum, because all the guides are on the Wiki now! This will mean that we have information in one place, which is just so much better in terms of consistency etc.

The only guide not put across was the Point Bank, as this is currently being looked at by the Lore Analysis team and discussed among staff - so as and when we get that updated, we'll put it on the wiki then. Until then - it's in the PSF!

Thankee.

word count: 115

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Ever Wanted Some Character Art!?

Hi everyone!

I'm delighted to introduce Ikate Keda Studios! who are offering artwork commissions if players wish to purchase one. Please make sure to see their ToU in that post.

We're delighted to be able to offer this to players. We are in no way affiliated with the studio, and players should be clear. this is not controlled by the staff of ST. Other than the initial post (which falls under our sites TOU), any and all communication you carry out with the artists falls under their TOU.

Enjoy!
word count: 96

Aegis
Prophet of Old
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

So we're trying a new idea which is to give the cities that are open but don't have moderators a chance to create their own calendars. This will currently apply to Rharne, Quacia, and Ivorian Empire.

viewtopic.php?f=139&t=17903 - Rharne

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=17904 - Quacia

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=17905 - Ivorian Empire

If you have any questions on this, you can PM me or reach out to me on Discord
word count: 78
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Daia has Returned
Due to the monumental efforts of the PCs known as Hart, Luther, and Vega, in This thread, Daia has been brought back to life. This means that soon, Daia's mark will be available to followers. We will have more details on that soon, as I am soon presenting the mark to Staff for feedback. This will only be available from Ashan 30th and forward. No one will be able to acquire it previously.
word count: 77
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

STAFF RECRUITMENT:

We have an urgent need for staff.

This has reached situation critical and so, I have taken executive action. All players have now been recruited into staff - you will comply.

Errrr... yeah - everyone was briefly a Lore Analyst. My bad - I was messing around with promoting a staff member - and then I clicked the "apply to all"

Then, I didn't notice.....

But now, it's fixed! Thanks for your patience - sorry about that.

Nothing to see here. As you were :) :D
word count: 83

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Crack in the Wall

So, I made a mistake. I missed a detail in "Crack in the Wall" which means that things can NOT have ended the way they did. For that, I'm really genuinely sorry. It's entirely my fault.

But that puts us in a situation. Which is that people have done a lot of planning and plotting etc. So this is what is going to happen.

1. I will amend the review. This will have a final "End Scene"

2. The situation with the Fall of Emea will be exactly as described for the first thirty days of Ymiden - ether, new types of flaying, closed fractures etc.

3. All of the CitW "dreamscape solving" threads - MUST be dated between the end of CitW and the 30th Ymiden and submitted here

4. From the 30th Ymiden - Emea will re-open for all players / pcs.

However, there will be some major changes happening too. Many of those will impact Dream threads.

a) Those of you with Jesine or Kielik's mark will have full access to this between 1st - 30th Ymiden - but as of 31st Ymiden, those marks will be undergoing some changes. I have put those changes in front of staff for review today and so, you will know within the next two weeks what they are. Hopefully, within a week.

b) As of 1st Ymiden, Dreamwalking also changes. The skill has been rewritten for the new Emea and can be found here

c) New rules for threading in Emea will be coming out - they will take effect from their release.

Again, I'm so sorry I missed that detail. I'll keep everyone informed of updating the review etc in this thread

~~ Peg

word count: 287

Aegis
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

For clarity's sake, Cycle change goes into effect at 12:01am June 1st, UTC. This will be 8:01pm EST on May 31st. All Rebirth Cycle threads must be started before this time, including Placeholders. There will be no exceptions to this. This may not seem fair to the west coasters of the US, losing some hours, but it is also not fair to those in the earlier timezones of the world. A line must be drawn somewhere, so this is where it is, and where it will be moving forward.
word count: 92
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Global Announcements”