• Site News • News & New Features!

This thread will keep you updated on news and new features!

Announcements which apply to the whole site.

Moderator: Staff

Astronomy
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Starchild Extraordinaire
Renown: 69
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: News & New Features!

Hey guys! So with the last skillpoint change we made, switching the system from a 100 point to 250 point, players who spent points moving up in a skill has points displaced in the change. Under the old system, moving from 25-26 would cost 2 points, whereas now it costs 1, and so on and so forth. if you would like to refund those points, make sure to mark it on your skillpoint ledger. If you were not a player during the time of this change, this need not apply!! Thank you!
word count: 93
Signature credit to Banshee!
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

It's Good To Talk!!

Hey there!

All players - there's an important discussion going on that could impact you. Please have a read and comment here - player feedback here will be used to put forward a proposal to staff. Please have your say!

Thanks!

word count: 45
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

What's That Down The Bottom Of My Post?!!

Hey there!

Two quick "quality of life" updates:

The list of posts in "My Posts" now include the forum / subforum they're in, as per player request in the Suggestion Box

Each post now has a "Word Count" at the bottom, as per player request on Discord.

Thanks!

~Peg

word count: 58

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

More Medals

Hello!

The following new medals have been added to the site today! I really thought I'd already done them!!
  1. 3.2 Tester: Reported bugs in the move
  2. 50 CSes - for reviewing 50 CSes
  3. 100 CSes - for reviewing 100 CSes
  4. 100 Reviews - for reviewing 100 threads
  5. Reviewer Extraordinaire - for reviewing 500 threads
  6. The Untouchable Reviewer - for reviewing 1000 threads!
  7. Terrible Twos- for staying with us on ST for two years!
  8. Three Arcs - for being on Standing Trials for three years!
  9. Four Already!? - for being on Standing Trials for four years
  10. Another Year? Another? - for every year past four!
  11. Squishification Maestro - for testing the New Site before site move 2018
  12. Bomberman - for modbombing 10 threads
  13. Bug Buster - for testing the Mirror Site before host move 2018
  14. Can't Keep Getting Away With It!! - for the murder of 100 NPCs
  15. Gambit - Awarded to all staff and players involved in Cassion's Gambit 2017/2018 Global
  16. Endgame - Awarded to all players and staff involved in "Endgame" 2018
  17. Winner - Awarded to the winner of "Cassion's Gambit" the 2017 / 18 Global
  18. Letter - Receive a qualification of this level from Viden, Rynmere or Scalvoris
  19. Certificate Receive a qualification of this level from Viden, Rynmere or Scalvoris
  20. Charter - Receive a qualification of this level from Viden, Rynmere or Scalvoris
  21. Diploma - Receive a qualification of this level from Viden, Rynmere or Scalvoris
  22. Licentiate - Receve a qualification of this level from Viden, Rynmere or Scalvoris
  23. Constructive Worker! - Make constructive, useful suggestions and provide constructive feedback
  24. Flattened - Awarded to pcs who have been modbombed 10 times!
  25. Local Name - Achieve Tier 1 Renown
  26. National Treasure - Achieve Tier 2 Renown
  27. Regional Fame - Achieve Tier 3 Renown
  28. Superstar! - Achieve Tier 4 Renown
  29. Socialite - Be in collaborative threads with 20 distinct PCs
A listing of all available medals can be found here

word count: 301

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Amendment to PSF

Hello all!!

Following player suggestion (thankee!) staff have voted and made an amendment to how the PSF is going to work. Link is here, but basically, you tag your request [Simple] or [Complex] - complex requests will be done in order - but simple ones will be done quicker.

Hope that's helpful to all and thanks!

word count: 58

Munchkin
General Staff
Race: Mer
Profession: Former Advocate, Current Cool Dude
Renown: 0
Office
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

New staff and old!

Hey all!

As of today, Ent is going to be stepping down from Staff. We thank him so much for all he did for us, and specifically for Desnind. All of his work is insanely appreciated and we look forward to seeing him carry on with his PC's!

As well as this, some of you may have noticed a new member of staff over the past few days - Wanderlust! She's going to be working as a Dev for us and helping out far and wide, and we're grateful for all the help she's already given us :D

Thanks all!
Munchkin
word count: 107
Munchkin
General Staff
Office

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Hey all.

So this isn't one of those fun announcements where I get to talk about fun things, but seeing as someone has taken the liberty of jumping to big assumptions, be it 'told' by staff or not, and then spreading those assumptions based on the word of one staff member (taken out of context) in one of the most toxic ways I've seen so far on-site, I figured I should address it, and yes - I will be naming the people involved.

So in case none of you got the private message from Bolt, an Official Warning was given after a big Discord outburst. For the sake of clarity I'll put the warning I sent below, quoted.
Munchkin wrote:Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:42 pm Hello Bolt.

Due to the recent events in the Help Desk on Discord, matched with your previous leave on the Hikaru account, we are giving you both an official warning and a Discord ban from our server. Both situations were incredibly toxic and when the situation was explained you continued the toxic behaviour, acted aggressively and generally caused disruption for the people involved. You also took to calling out a certain player when they were well within their right to do what was said, and actually spoke to staff about the consequence before giving it.

Therefore, you are no longer welcome in our Discord and any attempt to bypass this will result in another warning. As well as this, any attempt at stirring more drama on other platforms like on-site will also be met with another warning, and once you have your second we offer no others before a ban is put in place. That being said, we hope that this isn't a situation we have to revisit again.

If you have issues or concerns with a rule, decision or otherwise then Private Message an Advocate so that we can talk to you personally instead.

Thanks,
The Advocates.
For those that missed the Discord incident, the issues are described above. Primarily, the issue Bolt had was that their Defiance overstepping consequence was too harsh, and they were given a temporary Abandonment (with their Fire element) by a player called Mads. It's now important to clarify two things. First of all, Bolt deleted the post after this issue arrived. Second, and the main reason I'm clarifying, is that Mads came to a mod before giving the consequence.

Now to Bolt's PM, which was sent to a fair few of you, and I'm being as open as I can about this for everyone involved so we can clear this up simply and as clean as possible, without any behind the scenes PM's and backdoor messages.
Bolt wrote:Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:51 am It's ok. I've already got a confession from a staffer with my alt confirming that ruining both of my characters was intentional because I post a lot. You guys don't have to hide it. You can shove the warning up your ass - I'm not continuing here.

I've been kicked off of sites for being a bad writer and had my posting limited, but never in 15 years of RPing have I had my character concepts ruined in this manner. The fact that it was was mod-sanctioned is the most despicable thing I've ever witnessed in an online game.
Now, aside from the fact that this was sent to a mass of people who had literally nothing to do with the situation, there are a few problems with this message and the situation in general that I'll cover.

First of all, and keeping it simple, the overstepping penalty. Starting with another quote.

BoltYesterday at 4:19 PM
I don't buy it. Moderate magic usage should not result in my entire character concept being railed
Discrimination

"Entire character concept being railed". A temporary, IC consequence is in no way a concept being railed. In fact, overstepping is a consequence that many people have to deal with. In fact, everyone that writes a magic and progresses in it will find themselves overstepping. It is a huge part of our system, a big part of what we do and frankly, not a punishment for anything - but a consequence for IC action that could be easily resolved, as was told to you many times - me included. As well as this, the player that reviewed this (Mads) was also called out in the Discord server, as mentioned in the warning. So, and bearing in mind we made it clear in the post that it was looked at and approved by staff, and you knew that from the initial post and from being told. So, issue one I have here is calling out Mads for that when you clearly express that you knew that, we made it clear for you and, frankly, calling out a player like that is both unfair and toxic.

Issue two, though, is the incident of a "staff member confirming ruining your plot was intentional". First of all, again, ruined plots? No. Not quite. But the second issue to note is that isn't, at all, what was meant by the member of staff. What happened was that you made a fake alt and spoke to them to talk about it. This was a member of staff who had no involvement in the Bolt situation (They are not an Advocate and wasn't asked about the review, so had nothing to do with it), and was asked a question that, frankly, wasn't fair to ask.

But all of that aside, what Brother said was:

evenoobToday at 12:16 PM
A tad sensitive? It looks like his character concept was nuked by some biased mods. I can get that at miz any day.
☆Brother☆Today at 12:16 PM
Nah
It's an issue of him attempting to power game other players
Bolts a good writer but he's pulled this a couple times(edited)
evenoobToday at 12:17 PM
So u make it unplayable for power gamers ? Lol
That's good I guess
☆Brother☆Today at 12:17 PM
Nah just like
You shouldn't be able to be one of the most powerful in like 2 months
He was pretty much going for speed running a writing sight
Anyways no we have a good community though I generally just stick to my city and players
I find that if you want to stay here and enjoy it. And this applies to mix to. Find a core group and stick with them
*Miz
evenoobToday at 12:20 PM
Thank u for admitting the discrimination is real. This is all I wanted to know :smiley: I'll spread the word

So, after pretending to be someone you're not, you claimed that the message above proves that staff is out to get you for writing too much. Without the context, I can see how that in some way gives that message across. But this, in no way, is what the warning or the magic consequence for. I can't stress that enough. You were given a consequence by a player, who checked with staff, for IC actions. And what this says is that a member of staff said that trying to speed run to the very best in a few days isn't something he, or the staff, like. As well as that, these logs again have the situation blown out of context for anyone that wasn't there to read it. "Character concept nuked".

But with those points in mind, this situation is over. People can make their own opinions based on the logs, though I'd like to stand by what we decided as staff. You were toxic, and messaging people with no involvement without all the right logs, evidence or facts in mind backs that point up.

But there we are, and I have no intention of warning you again so long as this issue remains as is. Your account will be retired, as you asked, and you're welcome to either return to the site or find a new one to write on. However if you do want to talk about this do it through the Advocates so that we can avoid issues like this becoming public and can handle it like adults having a conversation, instead of aggression towards players and staff. Any incidents of the latter won't be met kindly :)

Thanks all.
Munchkin.
word count: 1424
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Lore Analysis Complete!

Hey all!

I'm pleased to say that Lore Analysis has been completed on two Immortals over the last couple of days:
Both of these Immortals have been updated to reflect our current Lore and also in preparation for our soon to happen wiki update. They've got more information in them, now, as has Aelig who'd already been completed. Also, each Immortal has a Q & A thread which is linked in the wiki article. Please do use those and, as things pop up which we hadn't considered, we'd update the Lore. Obviously, the Lore Analysis represents a lot of work as each individual article is analysed - thanks so much for your patience with us as we complete this!

~Peg
word count: 128

Munchkin
General Staff
Office

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Hey all,

Due to recent events, including toxic incidents in Discord and retracting donations to the site with the accusation of "The money being removed from the account without his knowledge", we are banning Bolt from the site and all associated accounts. An accusation which, when raised by Paypal, we have provided evidence to refute - and they will be taking this further. When this incident was done on Paypal it could have had serious implications for the site had we not handled it well, and while his donation was refunded regardless it is not a behavior we want or will allow on site.

If anyone has any complaints, queries or concerns then please private message myself, Astronomy or another member of staff so that we can help resolve them or explain the situation further.

Thanks,
Munchkin
word count: 136
Munchkin
General Staff
Office

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Hey all,

Because of recent events, including harassment of staff, toxicity towards players in Discord and causing general issues for the site as a whole we are banning Moulder (Cuauhtemoc) and all associated PC's from site. Repeated warnings were given and, despite them, an incident of harassment in Discord DM's against a member of staff, provoking the ban.

If anyone has queries or concerns about this decision or their plots being affected by it, please let us know so we can work to help out with it or explain the reasoning.

Thanks,
Munchkin
word count: 95
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Global Announcements”