• Site News • News & New Features!

This thread will keep you updated on news and new features!

Announcements which apply to the whole site.

Moderator: Staff

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: News & New Features!

Staff Changes

Hey all!

We're sad to say that Eclipse has decided to step down from staff, due to RL. It wasn't an easy decision for her but we're really pleased she's going to be able to stick around and play her pcs. She has our thanks for everything she's done.

That being said, with both Ent and Eclipse stepping down, that leaves Desnind without a mod. So - I am going to move over to Desnind, effective immediately. I will be slowly "phasing out" of Scalvoris, leaving it in the very capable hands of Vorpal and Ghoul.

As always, any questions, give me a yell!

~Peg
word count: 111
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Fairytale
Prophet of Old
Renown: 0
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Two races have just been revised, the Mer and Tunawa have been tweaked to hopefully make them more enjoyable to play.

Mer no longer need to grind a skill to go on land, they can now go on land for 40 trials before not fun things happen. With this change there are no longer category 4 mer (sorry they had to go T__T)

If you have any questions please put them in the Mer Q&A forum

Tunawa are no longer indestructible, there are many ways to kill them that don't involve fire. To balance this, they have a few more support based abilities and a resistance to magic. Still cannot do magic though.

If you have any questions please put them in the Tunawa Q&A forum
word count: 130
"In Play by Posting Role Playing, inaccurate and inconsistent lore is considered especially heinous.
On Standing Trials, the dedicated investigators who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Lore Analysis Unit.
These are their stories..."
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Two Review Queues!

Hey all!

We are implementing a new system, as per player suggestion, and moving to a system of two review queues. The "non magic" review queue is here and the review queue for those threads including Domain Magic requests is here

As always, any questions, give me a yell!

~Peg
word count: 53

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Money Makes The World Go Round!!!

Hey all!

So, I'm really excited to announce that - as of February 1st 2019 (the new Cycle) we will be implementing a new Wealth System here on Standing Trials. Gone will be the days of keeping ledgers of every single copper coin and we will be moving to Wealth Tiers. This change is a big one, and it impacts a lot of systems (businesses, banks, NPCs, Starter Packages etc). However, we've had a number of staff discussions and following a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth, I'm really pleased that we've voted to implement it - and we have answers, I believe, to every question.

Now, on the 1st Feb, we're also going to be rolling out a new look / new structure Wiki. The Wealth Tiers and Wealth System will be part of that - which means we need to get all our ducks in a row well before then.

What I really do not want to do is just drop a system on players. Having thoroughly discussed this, the staff believe that the new system proposal is sound and will really make a difference to quality of life in terms of playability and the ability to focus on the story - not on the money ledger. It will even make the price list make sense!

So. This is what we're going to do. It's the first time we've tried this, but I think it's a good way to do it.
  1. We have set up a subforum for the "Wealth System Working Group". - here
  2. We will also set up a Discord server for it.
  3. We are going to ask for Player Volunteers to help us here - for it to be a working group of staff and players, working together to make this system work & happen.
  4. The subforum will be visible to all players, but we want and need to have named members of this Working Group - as people will have specific roles / jobs etc. Therefore, in the subforum, there is a sign up thread here
So - I'm looking for volunteers. It will be an opportunity for players to be part of creating the system - with an emphasis on working - because there's a lot to be done and we will need to get going, pick up momentum and keep it.

I'd like to draw attention to the "Blurb" in the Overarching to do:

Blurb
So - this is as far as we've got on staff. We've voted to run with this as a system - there are still decisions to be made and processes to iron out. So we're opening it up to a working group of staff and players to make it workable as a system - this will allow us to all see it clearly, ask questions and deal with any issues before we roll out the system.

To be clear about that - this is where we are with it right now. Details might still change as people ask questions and get answers - as we come across things. This is a WIP and we're trying to make it so that it's a collaborative WIP between staff and players. Therefore, please use the OOC, please ask questions etc. We want this to work and to move forward.

If you'd like to volunteer, go sign up!

~Peg
word count: 565

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Minor Change - Point Bank System!

Hey all!

So anyone on Discord Chat, in Staff Chat or who I speak to regularly - you may have noticed that I've been reminding people to vote! (yes, we could substitute the word "nagging" for "reminding"... but why would we!? :P ;) ) There are two sites (the two top buttons on the portal) where we are doing particularly well and so - as is only fair, I've updated the Point Bank Rewards to include both sites. If we get Game of the Month on RPG Fix, there's a one off 30PB reward, other than that it's the same as Top Sites.

It is worth to note (in case I haven't mentioned it! :P ) that, if you join RPG Fix, your vote counts as 2 and you can "like" us too! Thanks

Thanks!!

word count: 138

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Accessing ST from your mobile !

Hey all!

So, today our lovely Tech Support has worked on optimizing the site for mobile use. If you access the site from your phone you can do it one of two ways.

1. Hold your phone in a portrait position in order to see each page (very) long and thin - keep scrolling down - the post is there!
Or
2. Hold your phone in a landscape position in order to see the site in a more traditional manner.

That has left a couple of things a little "squished" on the site on desktop. That will be cleared up very soon - Tech Support knows about them - he just ran outta time today.

Thanks!!

word count: 117

Munchkin
General Staff
Race: Mer
Profession: Former Advocate, Current Cool Dude
Office
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

New Mortalborn Rules!

Hey all,

As per a vote, a new rule has been put in to play! Any existing PC's, from a player who has not used up all two of their MB slots, are now allowed to apply for those PC's to discover they are Mortalborns! Rules for this have been added to the bottom of the MB guide for reference, and the domains and abilities must be applied for in the PSF like all other Mortalborns. Mortalborn guide can be found in quick links. If anyone has queries, please let me know!

This also opens up the possibility of playing Envoys, however due to the nature of this potentially impacting more than one PC - namely siblings - those requests need to go to the PSF and will be dealt with case by case. We want to and will work to say yes, but we need to make sure that all siblings are happy and / or we have a narrative reason for one not to have that status if they don't want it.

Thanks all!
word count: 179
Munchkin
General Staff
Race: Mer
Profession: Former Advocate, Current Cool Dude
Office

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Magic releases

Basilisk wrote:Hello, Standing Trials players! We’ve heard your concerns regarding the speed of Magic Development and have a response to give you. This month, Plague will be working on finishing up the re-writes for Rupturing and Abberation, as well Graft, Pact, Sovereign, and Mirage. However, he will be taking a break for the month of October to attend to personal IRL matters. (These are for him to reveal in public if he so chooses.) I understand that this might raise concerns about while happen if there’s unfinished magics by the time October rolls around. Well, if that happens, Plague will be posting up his progress on the magic to the staff forum for the rest of staff to finish up. This is something we already discussed with him, so don’t worry about that.

Now, before someone asks about Hone, Dustforge, Enscorcelling, or Schism, don’t worry I’ve got an answer for you. The lovely Oracle has agreed to take over development of Hone and Dustforge, so those will be progressing as well. Enscorcelling is, by my understanding, currently being headed by Squirrel. As for Schism, that is currently a restricted development item, as it relies on the other Domain Magic Sparks to work, and will need them to be finished up before development on it can be started.

We hope this alleviates your concerns, and we thank you for all your support.
The Standing Trials Development Team

As you all know, Rupturing re-write is done and dusted but, I'm afraid, that's where the good news ends. Plague has been unable, because of RL pressures, to complete any of the other magics he was hoping to. The plan originally, as stated above, was that if the magics were not finished, Plague would post up his progress and the rest of the staff would finish them up.

However, Plague has decided that he is stepping down from Standing Trials staff. It's a big loss to the staff team, he's been on staff a long time and has done a lot of work for ST. We wish him the very best and hope that his RL means that he is able to write again soon. In light of this, however, he's decided that he will not be passing on the work he's done on Aberration, Graft, Pact, Soverien and Mirage.

However, it isn't all bad news. Our staff have jumped in and rallied around - and every magic (except Schism, because of its restricted nature) has been taken by a staff member. They have agreed a deadline of 2 months for 1st draft, a timeframe we are imposing on all development pieces from now on, in order to avoid the major delays we've seen in some of our Lore being released. This is a huge undertaking, if you can help out, please do by messaging me or a member of staff so I can point you to the right person.

So, we beg your patience and will, hopefully, be able to give you good news come December. Any questions, please speak to me directly and once again, good wishes to Plague and his new wife.
word count: 538
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Bug Fix and Improvements

Hi all!

So, just a couple of quick things:

1. The [indent=<number>] bbcode was not working on Firefox - this has now been fixed. You put in a number and it indents your text. Please don't close it with a /indent, there's no need.

2. The medals underneath people''s avatars were interfering in places with the post length - forcing big gaps at the bottom of posts, etc. So, that's been changed now to a "medal count" under the avatar which, if you hover over it, shows the medals but doesn't push the post. This will also help the portrait version for mobile users, since the avatar is what comes first.

3. There was an issue with some larger screens which meant that the forum seems a bit.. for want of a better word "squashed up" - that's now been fixed.

Thanks!
word count: 150

Oracle
Profession: Seeress
Renown: 1000
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Events

Reviewer Rewards!

So we've made a change to the amount of point bank points peer reviewers earn per thread. After speaking with players we felt like our awesome reviewers weren't getting enough goodies for the fantastic work they were doing . So as of this moment rewards are now the following.

Point Bank Rewards
10 Point Bank Points per thread graded (No matter the word count or number of pages) This is a base amount that everyone will get when they request points.

Bonus Points - (Claiming these are completely optional. If you don't want to do the math, then simply claim the base 10 points. )
+5 Point Bank Points per every 1500 words after the first 1500 words.

word count: 120
"Without the dark, we'd never see the stars"
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Global Announcements”