Site News News & New Features!

This thread will keep you updated on news and new features!

Here are news items, rumours, tales and discoveries which are known on a global scale.
Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Race: Prophet
Profession: Telling Stories!
Renown: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: News & New Features!

Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 pm

Staff Changes

Hey all!

We're sad to say that Eclipse has decided to step down from staff, due to RL. It wasn't an easy decision for her but we're really pleased she's going to be able to stick around and play her pcs. She has our thanks for everything she's done.

That being said, with both Ent and Eclipse stepping down, that leaves Desnind without a mod. So - I am going to move over to Desnind, effective immediately. I will be slowly "phasing out" of Scalvoris, leaving it in the very capable hands of Vorpal and Ghoul.

As always, any questions, give me a yell!

~Peg
word count: 119
Fairytale
Developer - New Staff
Developer - New Staff
Renown: 0
Office
Templates

Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:59 am

Two races have just been revised, the Mer and Tunawa have been tweaked to hopefully make them more enjoyable to play.

Mer no longer need to grind a skill to go on land, they can now go on land for 40 trials before not fun things happen. With this change there are no longer category 4 mer (sorry they had to go T__T)

If you have any questions please put them in the Mer Q&A forum

Tunawa are no longer indestructible, there are many ways to kill them that don't involve fire. To balance this, they have a few more support based abilities and a resistance to magic. Still cannot do magic though.

If you have any questions please put them in the Tunawa Q&A forum
word count: 138
Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:23 am

Two Review Queues!

Hey all!

We are implementing a new system, as per player suggestion, and moving to a system of two review queues. The "non magic" review queue is here and the review queue for those threads including Domain Magic requests is here

As always, any questions, give me a yell!

~Peg
word count: 61
Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Money Makes The World Go Round!!!

Hey all!

So, I'm really excited to announce that - as of February 1st 2019 (the new Cycle) we will be implementing a new Wealth System here on Standing Trials. Gone will be the days of keeping ledgers of every single copper coin and we will be moving to Wealth Tiers. This change is a big one, and it impacts a lot of systems (businesses, banks, NPCs, Starter Packages etc). However, we've had a number of staff discussions and following a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth, I'm really pleased that we've voted to implement it - and we have answers, I believe, to every question.

Now, on the 1st Feb, we're also going to be rolling out a new look / new structure Wiki. The Wealth Tiers and Wealth System will be part of that - which means we need to get all our ducks in a row well before then.

What I really do not want to do is just drop a system on players. Having thoroughly discussed this, the staff believe that the new system proposal is sound and will really make a difference to quality of life in terms of playability and the ability to focus on the story - not on the money ledger. It will even make the price list make sense!

So. This is what we're going to do. It's the first time we've tried this, but I think it's a good way to do it.
  1. We have set up a subforum for the "Wealth System Working Group". - here
  2. We will also set up a Discord server for it.
  3. We are going to ask for Player Volunteers to help us here - for it to be a working group of staff and players, working together to make this system work & happen.
  4. The subforum will be visible to all players, but we want and need to have named members of this Working Group - as people will have specific roles / jobs etc. Therefore, in the subforum, there is a sign up thread here
So - I'm looking for volunteers. It will be an opportunity for players to be part of creating the system - with an emphasis on working - because there's a lot to be done and we will need to get going, pick up momentum and keep it.

I'd like to draw attention to the "Blurb" in the Overarching to do:

Blurb
So - this is as far as we've got on staff. We've voted to run with this as a system - there are still decisions to be made and processes to iron out. So we're opening it up to a working group of staff and players to make it workable as a system - this will allow us to all see it clearly, ask questions and deal with any issues before we roll out the system.

To be clear about that - this is where we are with it right now. Details might still change as people ask questions and get answers - as we come across things. This is a WIP and we're trying to make it so that it's a collaborative WIP between staff and players. Therefore, please use the OOC, please ask questions etc. We want this to work and to move forward.

If you'd like to volunteer, go sign up!

~Peg
word count: 573
Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:22 am

Minor Change - Point Bank System!

Hey all!

So anyone on Discord Chat, in Staff Chat or who I speak to regularly - you may have noticed that I've been reminding people to vote! (yes, we could substitute the word "nagging" for "reminding"... but why would we!? :P ;) ) There are two sites (the two top buttons on the portal) where we are doing particularly well and so - as is only fair, I've updated the Point Bank Rewards to include both sites. If we get Game of the Month on RPG Fix, there's a one off 30PB reward, other than that it's the same as Top Sites.

It is worth to note (in case I haven't mentioned it! :P ) that, if you join RPG Fix, your vote counts as 2 and you can "like" us too! Thanks

Thanks!!

word count: 146
Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:51 pm

Accessing ST from your mobile !

Hey all!

So, today our lovely Tech Support has worked on optimizing the site for mobile use. If you access the site from your phone you can do it one of two ways.

1. Hold your phone in a portrait position in order to see each page (very) long and thin - keep scrolling down - the post is there!
Or
2. Hold your phone in a landscape position in order to see the site in a more traditional manner.

That has left a couple of things a little "squished" on the site on desktop. That will be cleared up very soon - Tech Support knows about them - he just ran outta time today.

Thanks!!

word count: 125

Return to “Global News”