• Site News • News & New Features!

This thread will keep you updated on news and new features!

Announcements which apply to the whole site.

Moderator: Staff

Munchkin
General Staff
Race: Mer
Profession: Former Advocate, Current Cool Dude
Renown: 0
Office
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Re: News & New Features!

Hey all!

Just a small announcement to say that Aegis and Pegasus are going to be switching teams, Peg taking over as Team Lead for Lore Analysis and Aegis doing the same for the Storytellers. This was voted by staff and will be taking effect today! If anyone has queries about it then please let me know.

Congratulations on the new roles Peg and Aegis!

Thanks,
Munchkin
word count: 67
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

I'm proud to announce that Tempest has joined the Storyteller team in Yaralon. Please, give her a warm welcome. I will be her mentor, and can't wait to see the plots she brings!

word count: 35
Munchkin
General Staff
Office

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Hey all,

Short announcement to say that both myself and Pegasus are taking over modding in Emea and all Otherworld places. We'll be working on getting as much lore about the place up as we can before we focus on expanding in fun ways to make everywhere in the Otherworld a place for all PC's, Dreamwalker or otherwise!

Thanks!
Munch
word count: 62
Munchkin
General Staff
Office

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Hey all,

Happy to announce that the new, reworked Lethroda (Sintra's blessing) is out for the public to see and use! Anyone that already possess this blessing can change their abilities to the updated version. Link below:

wiki/index.php?title=Category:Lethodra
word count: 44
Oracle
Profession: Seeress
Renown: 1000
Plot Notes
Office
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Staff

Events

Everyone please welcome Sceptre to the Rharne Storytelling team. He's going to be a fantastic new addition to our staff team! We can't wait to see what stories he is going to tell. :D
word count: 35
"Without the dark, we'd never see the stars"
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Wiki Wiki Wiki!!!

Hello everyone!

After a lot of work (and more than a little bit of grumbling on my part), our Tech Support has put together a new style Wiki for us. Fundamentally, when you now visit the wiki, the left hand menu is drop-down. Which means that you can go to any page, at any time, from any other page. Furthermore, because of the way information is laid out, we can have ONE page appear in a number of different places. Therefore, we can reference the skill Medicine, for example, in "The Skills List", in "Capstones", and in "Technological Advances". It will appear in all those places, but the actual information is only in one place, therefore, there will not be the chance of repeated, contradictory information.

I want to give a personal shout out of thanks to our wonderful Tech Guy for this. It's astonishing the amount of work he does for us. The other great thing is that this menu is dynamic so, as we make changes to the Wiki, new pages and so on will simply appear in the menu. Huzzah! Massive thanks to Aegis, Basilisk and Oracle for getting the structure sorted, and Aegis deserves a second mention as he and I have really put the wiki pages on etc.

We will continue to work on it, of course, and we know that some pages are currently empty - all the old information is there, but we have new stuff that is waiting to be filled out. We're on it, it's a work in progress. Enjoy!
~Peg
word count: 266
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

All Dreamers!!!!

Hello everyone!

You know what I love? I love it when players commit to a thread and then play their pcs in the way that is congruent and consistent... but more than that, I love it when, as a result of players doing that, they CHANGE THE WORLD. Which is what just happened.

Due to a series of IC events which ended in this post, and this one the shape of the Dreamscape and the Mortalborns Kielik and Jesine have been fundamentally impacted.

What this will mean is:

1. RIGHT NOW:
Any PC with a Jesine or Kielik blessing will experience a night of intense, vivid, scary dreams. In those dreams, the pc will be able to get a general idea of what has happened and that something is very, very wrong.

2. ALSO RIGHT NOW:
Any PC with the above two blessings and / or Dreamwalking will start to see dreams while awake. This will be in the form of hallucinations, flashes, spotting something just out of the corner of your eye.

3. NEXT SEASON:
ALL PCs will start to see those "corner of the eye" movements, sudden flashes etc. For Dreamwalkers and Marked, it becomes worse / more intense.

I (and maybe more than that, depending on who all signs up) will run a thread where pcs get to go into the Dreaming and find out what's happening. Priority will be given to PCs who completed this series of threads, but there may well be other spaces. Keep an eye out!

~Peg
word count: 255

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Follow Up!!

As promised:

Sign up thread following on from the announcement above.... go on.. you know you want to!

~Peg
word count: 21

Aegis
Prophet of Old
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

Staff Changes
Hey everyone.

Banshee has stepped down from the Storytelling team and will no longer be modding in Viden. We wish him the best with his characters and hope to see him still writing. He did a lot for the players of Viden and was a great member of the ST team. You’ll be missed, and we wish you well.

word count: 61
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

New Season, New Cycle... New System

So, it's taken four months, one working group, a subforum and SO MUCH help and feedback that I am completely overwhelmed with the awesomeness of you all. The new Wealth System is live!!

An inordinate amount of time and effort has gone into this, and players have worked with staff from the beginning. It's been a new way to make a system change here on ST and I'm so pleased and proud of how we've done it.

I've started a Q & A thread. But please, before you ask - there are two things which are still outstanding.

1. Businesses. We are not finalised on this. We will be, soon. The guide in the wiki is to be treated as a WIP and you will need to wait before starting a new business.

2. The Price List is not yet complete. It is a Work in Progress and we expect to have it ready in the next few days. Apologies on that delay.
~Peg
word count: 173

Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Global Announcements”