Templates

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Staff

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:03 pm

Going Forward
Hey everyone,

As some of you may have noticed already, Jade's retired her staff account. As far as we are aware, this retirement is going to be for good. She's mentioned some of her reasons in Discord so we aren't going to speak for her but, simply, move forward with the purpose of this announcement.

First of all, we want to thank Jade for everything she has done for the site. Since the idea was concieved all the way up to today, she's driven the site forward to create the foundations of a now flourishing, intricate and always growing world that thrives under the loving care of all contributors, past and present. Under her guidance, the community has steadily grown throughout the years and she, together with the other founders, put together the start of a staff team to carry it all forward and ensure that the world never stops moving, never stops breathing, and never stops entertaining the many talented writers and content creators who have contributed to it. She's been an invaluable member of the staff team and playerbase for as long as she's been part of them, pulling all of us through countless hurdles and storms that brought us all closer together in the end and made us stronger---as a community. Her absence is going to leave a void that'll be difficult for anyone else to fill in the future.

However, we move forward.

Because Jade was the site owner, her departure is going to cause some necessary changes on the staff side. We're confident---absolutely---that we'll be able to pull ourselves together and reorganize and stabilize in order to continue operating as we have. Ownership is in the process of being transferred to Pegasus (who is already in possession of all necessary administrative details for access) so site closure is out of the question, and once the dust settles, the staff is going to internally discuss how to proceed from here. What that means for the site, right now, is nothing... simply this: We ask for your patience in the weeks to come as we will be working tirelessly to make any decisions that need to be made and stake out our intended path for the future of this site. Though our discussions may result in reorganization at the core, no matter what happens, we have every intention to minimize the impact on the playerbase and, no matter what, the ship will keep on sailing. We're not going anywhere, and it's our sincere hope that you'll stick with us through this.

If any of you have any questions, concerns, comments or suggestions---don't hesitate to come forward. There are multiple venues of communication at your disposal, whether it's the Discord server, the Prophet Support forum, the Discussion forum, Bugs & Suggestions, Questions & Answers, and of course... the PM inboxes of the staff. Reach out or post to this thread if you so prefer. We understand that this may unsettle or come as a surprise to some, so we are more than willing to communicate as openly as is desired in order to assuage any fears or worries.

Thank you to everyone who makes this site the amazing place that it has grown to become! We're all in this together, and we're not going anywhere.

Love,
the Staff Team
[table2=#f9f9f9,#f9f9f9]Image
loxmardin
--
&
Nathalie#2790
--
&
-- Image[/table2]
Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Race: Prophet
Profession: Telling Stories!
Renown: -665
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:38 pm

Moving Forward

Hello there, all!

OK, so first and foremost, I want to echo Anomaly's words there. We can not truly explain what a loss Jade's presence is on staff - as the site founder and the person who has driven ST to where it is, what she has given to the site is immeasurable. She has, however, chosen to step down and that does of course require that we look to what we are going to do now.

And as Anomaly said, what we do now is pull together and move forward.

Jade passed all necessary information to me, and I've taken over payment for the site. However, that was not the main issue. Jade built this site from the ground and she coded it herself. Those are skills I simply do not have. But thankfully, I know someone who is in the website design / hosting business and they have been an enormous help.

We are going to move our hosting to a new host service - which provides us with tech support and hosting. This move will be happening on Thursday and will necessitate roughly 3 hours of downtime for the site. Discord will still be working and we will endeavour to keep you updated there.

We are planning this downtime in the morning UK time (GMT), as that's a quiet time for the site. The host provider, myself, Anomaly, Basilisk and Aegis have been bug testing a mirror of the site, so that we are confident in the move. The site will be backed up on a day-week-month basis. I have also set up a new paypal account linked to the "donate" button. All of this will commence from Thursday. Discord will not change.

At the moment, the plan is that, after the site has moved, a team of staff and our tech support person are going to be working behind the scenes to build a new site with up to date phpBB coding. This will allow us greater functionality and so on. However, first things first. We'll get the site moved over, then we'll be looking to upgrade. The beauty of this host service is that we can have a "mirror" domain which allows us to test everything in a not-live fashion and iron out bugs before we go live.

If you have any thoughts, concerns, questions or queries - please feel free to drop me a pm, or of course to speak to our Advocate team. We will keep you updated on Thursday via Discord, Skype and Twitter. Thanks for your patience.
Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:16 am

Moving Forward 2

Hello again!!

So bit of an update. We have moved the hosting service. That seems to have (cross my fingers and toes) gone without any major hitch. There's an issue with the voting for the site button, but we're getting that sorted. But generally, things went really well, I think.

So, as per above:
At the moment, the plan is that, after the site has moved, a team of staff and our tech support person are going to be working behind the scenes to build a new site with up to date phpBB coding. This will allow us greater functionality and so on. However, first things first. We'll get the site moved over, then we'll be looking to upgrade. The beauty of this host service is that we can have a "mirror" domain which allows us to test everything in a not-live fashion and iron out bugs before we go live.
I want to just give a quick update there. We have a Development Site in place with a purchased "theme" which will allow us more flexibility. It is working on the very latest version of phpbb and so will hopefully be a lot more stable and secure. We've done a round of BBCode bug-busting and are nearly ready to starting "bug testing" a copy of the site data. The rough estimate from here is about one month till we're on the new site. Just as happened when we transferred host, that won't involve a change of website, we'll just take one down, put the new one up.

If you have any thoughts, concerns, questions or queries - please feel free to drop me a pm, or of course to speak to our Advocate team.
Pegasus
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Storyteller - Staff (TL)
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:35 pm

The time is now!
[/font]

I am so delighted to be able to say this! After weeks of building, testing, bug busting and all sorts of enormous hard work behind the scenes, we've done it! We will be migrating to the new site *tomorrow*. This will mean that the current site will go down at about 9am my time (UK Time) and will be down for at least a few hours. It is possible that it will be down most of the day, depending on how the importing goes. We will, of course, keep you updated via Discord, Twitter and Skype where we can. Thank you <3

The new site will have the same domain name / url so please just keep checking and we'll keep you updated. Thanks for your patience.

Return to “Announcements”