• PM To Join • Axe and Sword (Xander)

25th of Ymiden 718

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.
Varlum
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 522
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Axe and Sword (Xander)

25th Ymiden, 718

With a loud thud the axe slammed down to the floor, Varlum's arms shaking as he paused for a few trills. Wielding an axe of that size was hard work, and swinging it just as difficult. Combine that with how long he had been working as of late and how little rest he had got and Varlum was in for a difficult day. All he could be grateful for was the fact that today, he would be accompanied. On his few days off work the Ithecal would usually allow himself time spent alone, but this time he would be joined by Xander again. The two had agreed to meet on the morning, and like Varlum always tried to be, the Ithecal was early.
Varlum reached down to his waterskin and allowed himself a drink from it as he rested in the open field. It was where he was used to training, unlike the military areas that most would use. Varlum wasn't a soldier, as much as he would love to be. His fighting style wasn't fitting for what Ivorian wanted, and his rank displayed that. Despite receiving little respect among the other Ithecal, though, the man continued to press forward for what he believed in. One day, he knew, he would forge himself a weapon and be the most fierce globally with it. That was his goal, whether he spoke of it often or not. Fighting had been his passion as much as Smithing had been, after all.

Varlum sat and looked up at the still rising sun with a small smirk on his face, his razor sharp teeth more on display than they were before. Immortals, he'd missed the heat, and the sun being so clear in the sky - and everything about the hot cycle. It was his favorite time of the Arc, the cold making him beyond uncomfortable. It also meant that earlier rises were better, which meant more training and better use of his weapons. Or at least, that was his hope.
Aside from the sight of a female Ithecal outside of his shop every day, getting more and more armed as each day went by, Varlum had been living a fairly bland and uneventful life. His skills were improving, better weapons being made as time went on and on, and his combat improving slightly. Though the man knew he would have to go further now, to get better. Simple training away from most of his fellow soldiers was no improvement, not in the long run. Perhaps he would get slightly better, but that wasn't enough. Something needed to change.

His thoughts were put on hold as he saw a human approaching, the man standing at his full stature as his tail lightly scraped across the floor. "Good to see you again, Xander."
word count: 474
Xander Andaris
Approved Character
Profession: Single father | Duke of Andaris
Renown: 142
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Axe and Sword (Xander)

Xander wasn't completely sure why the Ithecal had wanted to meet with him again. Perhaps he had learnt something, that would be good as so far there seemed to be little news available to him. Still he continued his hunt and to win this war he would need allies. He'd decided an enormous lizardman would be a valuable friend to have and so he had come to meet Varlum.

He spotted the giant swinging his axe in the distance, apparently mid some for of training. He was glad to see that the Ithecal had some commitment to his skills, smithing and axe wielding. Xander found it promising and so he approached as the man finished his exercise.

The Shieldbearer nodded in greeting to his source and possibly future friend. Although, only time would tell as to whether they would get on in the long run, he was hopeful. "Varlum, how have you been?" The young wolf rested his hand against the hilt of his sword as he leaned up against an old fence post. "I hope the warm weather has been more suiting to your taste than mine, I'm used to a colder home."

The wolf chuckled and gave out a soft sigh. "So what can I help you with Varlum, I assume there was a reason you invited me to meet you here." Perhaps there wasn't but it would be quite unusual if it were the case.

Xander wiped a bead of sweat from his brow and stood up straight once again standing a little closer to the giant. "Any news on what I asked about? If not do not worry my own searches have been fruitless up to this point." There was a twinge of frustration in his voice at the admittance.
word count: 298
Varlum
Approved Character
Renown: 522
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Axe and Sword (Xander)

When Xander came close, Varlum smiled and leaned on his axe like a cane, glancing down to the smaller man. As humans went, Xander was in no way small. But anything that wasn't an Ithecal was small in Varlum's eyes, and many Ithecal were too. Yet something about the human was powerful, the way he addressed himself and spoke. He was more than a normal human, and both he and the Ithecal knew it.
"I've been working hard and tired, but aside from that, all has been well. Yourself?" he asked as he tilted his neck to the side, cracking it a little. His tail swung lightly behind him absentmindedly as he kept his steely gaze on the man. It wasn't as if he had problems with him, but Xander would soon learn that his eyes remained cold unless he was laughing, which wasn't all that uncommon. Perhaps, the man might deduce, the scar had something to do with it.

"I can't complain, the warmth is much more my preference. Cold makes me wish I could hibernate" he bellowed with laughter, remembering the countless times he'd talked about it with his other Ithecal friends. It was, he thought, their biggest curse. Sleeping half the year and fighting the other half would be an incredible life that, frankly, he would love to live. But that wasn't the case, and his ability to sleep didn't equate to a seasons worth of rest, even if the season was only thirty trills.
"Actually, there is a reason. I wanted to talk to you - and perhaps you could share in my morning training" he admitted, moving off of his axe and resting it over his shoulder as he let his gaze looked to the man. It wasn't usual for him to stand up so straight, but it was evident that what was about to leave his mouth was serious - and he meant it.

"I've found nothing, but I wanted to talk with you" he started, giving the man a reassuring smile. "I want to help you more directly, work alongside you."
word count: 357
Xander Andaris
Approved Character
Profession: Single father | Duke of Andaris
Renown: 142
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Axe and Sword (Xander)

Xander looked at the giant with a raised eyebrow but removed his overcoat all the same. He hung it on a fence post and drew his sword, leaving his hanging by his side for the moment as he faced the man. The noble born new how useless it would be to straight block any attacks from the huge axe, his defence here would have to be about redirection and avoidance. The shieldbearer nodded to the man and spoke clearly. "Go on."

"I am not surprised you have found nothing, not a comment on your ability so much as theirs." Xander swung his sword idly as he looked at his opponent, the swishing sound soothing as the blade slashed through the air. "The webspinners are secretive and near impossible to route out without some form of clue or prisoner." Xander moved his feet into a readied stance and watched Varlum with a cautious look, unsure both how much he could trust the man and what his first move in the fight would be.

Xander shrugged his shoulders loose, ready to spar with the Ithecal when he was. "How would you see yourself helping me Varlum, what can you offer to my cause?" The ex-noble did not mean to sound condescending so much as he wished to simply understand what could be to gain from welcoming the man into an organisation that was still yet to be fully founded. Especially one with such dangerous and secret work to be done. "It is a dangerous road you are offering yourself too." He reminded the lizardman.

"I am ready when you are." Xander raised his sword into a plough guard, point quivering slightly and due to Varlum's height aiming mostly at his stomach. The Ithecal's enormous body was something new, the shieldbearer had lacked anything new recently in his training so he welcomed the challenge. There came a point where it was a struggle to find new things to practise, still here was one.
word count: 333
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Central: Ivorian Empire”