Man Of Steel

Xander meets Varlum

6th of Ymiden 718

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.
Xander Andaris
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Single father | Duke of Andaris
Renown: 142
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Man Of Steel

Xander leaned in a little closer as the giant seemed to attempt a whisper or at least the Shieldbearer assumed that was what his quiet voice was. The wolf had expected him to ask for more information. It was the intrigue of an incomplete story but maybe, the ex-noble thought, that would keep him interested. He noticed as the swords were on there way back to the counter in the hands of the master smith and he shook his head. Winking at the Ithecal as he leaned back away from the enormous being.

"Lets say they took something very precious from me and when I got it back it was not the same." That was enough, he would not tell him more especially not here but should the man prove his worth then he would soon learn the full story. "Besides that it is my duty as a Shieldbearer to protect the interest of mortal kind and eradicate corruption and evil from the world, its a good enough reason without my original words." Collecting the swords as they were offered to him Xander moved away from the counter.

Turning back before he left the door he raised a hand. "I appreciate the help Varlum, make sure to stop by if you hear anything about those chickens." Odd it was to say such a thing but if anyone was eavesdropping he wanted to throw them off his scent, then again they may already have heard the rest but best to try and confuse any spies. "See you soon." Xander left fairly certain he would see more of the Trainee Smith in the coming seasons.
word count: 274
Tristan Venora
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Mad Scientist Socialite
Renown: 934
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Man Of Steel

Xander:

Knowledge:
Intelligence: Recruiting new eyes and ears
Intelligence: Only tell your sources what they need to know
Intelligence: Don't press potential sources too hard
Investigation: Asking straight questions gets straight answers
Investigation: Befriend those who could tell you something
Discipline: Not telling too much to a stranger
Discipline: Being comfortable around a giant being
Bladed combat (longsword): Certain swords are designed for certain styles
Bladed combat (longsword): Nothing will ever be as perfect for you as a custom made sword

Loot: Nothing. Xander loses 10 gn!
Injuries: N/A
Renown: N/A
Magic XP: N/A

Varlum:

Knowledge:
Smithing: Gentle strokes
Smithing: Repairs on a blade
Smithing: Specific angles to hammer
Smithing: Mixing powerful and gentle hits
Strength: Hammering metal
Strength: Conserving muscle power
Strength: Hard hits when forging
Strength: Using multiple muscles

Loot: N/A
Injuries: N/A
Renown: N/A
Magic XP: N/A

- - -
Comments: This was a nice social thread!

There wasn’t too much action, but I enjoyed reading it nevertheless. You are both good writers, the story flowed perfectly, and your writing styles match quite well in my opinion.

I can see Varlum and Xander becoming friends! They seem to get along very well.

I had no idea that Xander changed his name though.

Varlum, I demand that you write a thread about your PC and that Tunawa customer! I want to read that story!

Please edit your review request to include the button below so that the other reviewers know that it's been taken care of!

Code: Select all

[center][img]/gallery/image.php?album_id=500&image_id=13943[/img][/center]
word count: 275
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Central: Ivorian Empire”