• Mature • Gainful Employment

5th of Ymiden 718

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.
Celeste Andaris
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Vixen
Renown: 138
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Gainful Employment

As they separated from the kiss they shared, Tessa looked at him and smiled. There were a hundred things she might have said but in the moment, none of them worked. So, she held on to him and allowed herself to feel content. Safe. It was like nothing Tessa ever remembered and yet she did, because of her returned memories. Looking up at Xander, she whispered to him. "I love you."

They spoke, then, about her idea for being a maid and he expanded on it, thought it through and took it further. Tessa looked at him as he did, her brown eyes wide and pleasure evident on her face. She nodded, before she spoke and before he finished speaking; obviously, she was enamored with the idea. The idea of them starting a business, of him trusting her to do what was best for their family - that was a wonderful idea to her, and it delighted her in ways which she would find hard to explain or express fully. To be trusted to do that? Tessa's smile was sufficient to let him know that yes, she was very much on board.

"I think," she was thoughtful as she spoke, considering it. "I think maybe I should work as a maid in a large household for a season or two? Maybe? I can learn the business that way." It was a different thing, she was sure, running a household or organising such things than being Benji's battered wife. He talked about stability and she looked at him. She spoke no words, but in that moment she was both Celeste and Tessa, and she realised she possibly always had been. "It's all I want. Stability for us." His hand moved to her hip and then trailed along her waist and Celeste felt it as keenly as if his hands were burning. Or ice.

He spoke, of what he'd do and she shook her head, her own hand moving to his cheek. "No, Xander. You couldn't have been more careful. We weren't prepared and now we are." She slowly moved to kiss him again, her hand moving to his hair. "I'm afraid," she whispered to him. "But I think I'm going to be that way for a long time. When I'm here, with you?" She kissed him again, more passionately than before, her body moving closer to him. "I know that that's alright. Because I'm with you, so there's nothing to be afraid of," her hand trailed down his side, to pull herself against him. "Xander?" She whispered, sure that she was going to ask something, something important, but she was too busy kissing him. So much had happened, so many awful things and they both knew, she thought, that they would never be the same again - either individually or as a couple. But they would be different - they would be more.

And for all that had changed, she realised at the feeling of his hand on her and their lips together. Well, for all that had changed, some things remained exactly the same.
word count: 523
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Central: Ivorian Empire”