[Utheridge] Just Another Knight?

60th of Ashan 718

This area is unmoderated. Please click on "Forum Rules" at the top of this page or go to the "Unmoderated Areas" forum to see the rules for playing here.
Celeste Andaris
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Vixen
Renown: 138
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

60th Ashan, 718
It was just another night in Utheridge. The poorest area of Yithira which was, in turn, plenty poor enough. The area where she and her husband lived were just above slums, really and Tessa worried about bringing the children up there. Benji wanted a better life, a richer life and Tessa was going to help him get it. She was in her usual place, though her friend Lexxie hadn't turned up for work tonight and that was probably no bad thing. Money was tight and Benji had not been happy with how much she'd made last night. It had been a slow one, for sure, and she'd pushed his patience by not being better at her job. So, whilst usually the bruises were something which attracted clients, tonight she felt a strange mixture of relieved by the lack of clients and also terrified at what Benji was going to do if she got home without much money.

By this time of night, she'd normally turned a sight more than two tricks but that was all she'd managed - and one of those was a regular. Tessa was worried and hungry, too. Benji had taken the money for food and that meant that she hadn't eaten anything to-trial either. That worried her, not for herself but she was feeding the babies and she'd heard about a working girl whose milk had dried up because she didn't eat. Tessa had to get enough tonight, she knew she did.

So, she took herself off to a different area than her usual. That was a dangerous thing to do, the young woman knew, because if there was already a girl working there, things could get nasty. Also, if the girl had a handler who tended to get territorial. But she needed to get more money so that Benji didn't get really angry. When he was really angry, Tessa thought that perhaps, one of these trials, he'd kill her. But then, she knew, that he'd take her to the edge, but not do that. It was the ultimate control.

Moving down the street, she took herself to a corner where people coming from the markets might conceivably walk past. That was good, she thought. She was wearing her high leather boots and a long skirt made from strips of material. Every time she moved, it showed a lot of leg. Hat firmly on her head, she rested her back against the wall and watched.

After a short while, she spotted a potential; a man, handsome and well built certainly. He walked like a warrior, Tessa thought and he was looking around. Why would anyone come here if they weren't looking for a girl? The fact that he seemed to be a warrior meant that he probably would like the bruises, she thought to herself and so, she waited. Pulling her hat down over her eyes for a moment, she waited until he was just about to walk past when she lifted it. "'ello there, 'an'some," her voice was unmistakably hers, yet the woman she had been would never drop letters so. Lifting her hat, brown eyes met his and there was absolutely no recognition there. "A'ya lost? Or were y'lookin' for me?" Tessa smiled at him and stepped forward to trace a single finger down his chest.

As she stepped closer, he could see the vivid, fresh purple bruises on her face, her collarbone and pretty much all over her. There were the fresh ones but they sat on top of old bruises, indicating a woman who was persistently abused. "D'ya wan' me t'show you that you were lookin' f'me? It's worth ev'ry silver." Leaning forward to whisper in his ear, she said "I am." Please, she thought, let this one want her.
word count: 651
Xander Andaris
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Single father | Duke of Andaris
Renown: 142
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

For trials he and Torqin had searched, every street and ever building they could be granted access to. Yet they had found nothing of use, no whispers of a noble lady or a mother of twin babes with no partner. There hadn't been a shred of a clue to follow, it was like chasing a ghost. Xander had barely slept every night he worried, paced his room without rest as he searched for an answer something he had missed.

So far he had failed to find this clue or anything and he had split up with Torqin hours ago and he had just been wandering the streets looking for anything and for all he hoped her. His sword hung at his hip as he walked through the streets, for all he was tired he still stood tall and proud yet between the Ithecal he seemed like a dwarf. The ex-noble walked out of a market area and onto a street, his tired eyes scanning around through the faces of the crowds that past in and out of the busy area.

He sighed about ready to give up and go look for Torqin when a voice rang out into his ears. His head turned to face the source, only to see Celeste or at least he thought it was Celeste. The voice was wrong, letters were missing from her words. And her clothes, Celeste would never even look at such items in fact he was sure she would have taken heavily to insulting anyone who would wear them. But it was undeniably her, he could not argue it.

He struggled after words as she continued her finger running over his chest as his brain processed her words. Then his eyes made notice of the bruises, his face grim as he looked almost in horror at them. He had never been propositioned before, definitely not like this and certainly not from Celeste. She whispered in his ear and he almost dodged her stepping back as if something was pushing him.

"Ce..Celeste?" He stammered as he studied her, confused and shocked. He hadn't seen her for some time, but not long enough that she would turn to this. Xander reached a hand forward as if to touch her cheek and then stopped himself. "What happened, who did this to you?" He looked at the bruises hand falling back down, confusion heavy in his features.

Rage began to swarm into his emotions that already bubbled in a toxic mixture in his stomach as he examined the bruises more closely, they were all over. "Why are you here, doing this, where are our children?" He stepped closer, causing the gap between them to be almost completely closed. If she moved back she would likely step into the wall. "I am confused." He shook his head as he tried to make sense of the image he was seeing before him.
word count: 488
Celeste Andaris
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

This was an odd one, Tessa recognised immediately. You didn't do her job as long as she had and not recognise when your mark was a strange one - and this very much was. His pupils dilated and he looked at her with a whole range of emotions, many of which she didn't recognise at all. He seemed conflicted, but she knew on a fundamental level that he wanted her, or so she believed. He spoke a stammered word and then his hand moved out to touch her cheek, but he stopped. Looking up at him as he asked what happened, who did this, she smiled and stepped closer to him. Her body and his were touching and her gaze was hungry on him. "These? Oh, some'f my clients like it a bit rough. Do you, sir?" Her hand reached up and took hold of his, the one about to stroke her cheek. "Such strong 'ands, sir." Lowering her head down to his hand, she kept her eyes on him and gently bit on to his finger, then kissed it.

He watched her and she saw more and more emotions bubbling inside him and then, as he spoke, she gasped as her back met the wall. "Are we playin' a game? It'll cost ya extra, if so, but that's alrig' wit'me. An'ere? Where people migh'see?" She was dying inside, there was no doubt about it - and he who knew her better than anyone knew the difference between what she was presenting herself as here and what she was feeling. "I like tha'. So, lets talk money, shall we?" It was important, after all, that they were clear. "I'll make th'ngs less conf'sin' for you, shall I?"

It was against her own rules but for reasons that she really did not understand, Tessa felt calm around this man. Like she knew that it was going to be alright - her worry and panic abated and she wrapped her arms around the back of his neck, her hands in his hair and she kissed him, deeply. She'd grown better at pretending passion, and the deep moan which escaped her was not a noise of desire on her part. Of course, she had no idea he knew anything about her, so she was quite pleased with how she did. Then, of all things, she whispered. "Please, sir. I'll b'good for ya an' take good care'f ya, but I really need t'money."

Why, she wondered, had she said that? Still, it was true and she made sure to keep her hands roaming over him; he was responding to her, she knew he was - she just had to take advantage of it and she'd be fine. It would be fine. And for the first time, she believed that.
word count: 478
Xander Andaris
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A game? This didn't make sense at all, this was not Celeste or not the Celeste he had loved. The talk of cost and money, was she trying to get him to pay for her? Xander knew what he would be paying for and it made no sense. She was his wife he was here now and he could protect her he could pay for everything she needed, her and their children. She wrapped her arms around him and he flinched her touch feeling foreign like a stranger was holding him.

Then she kissed him her hands in his hair a somewhat familiar feeling and for a moment he let it happen he kissed her back. Their bodies interlocked in what could be mistaken for a lovers embrace. Alas it was not and his mind regained composure his eyes opening as he stepped back an arm moving between them and holding her slightly away. The moan had given it away, it was fake and disturbing almost. What had happened to the woman he loved because this was not her.

"What are you doing Celeste?" He struggled to believe she really couldn't remember him or maybe he was only just realising that she truly didn't. "Why do you need the money, is it for the twins? Are our babies okay?" He rubbed his head, fingers massaging his temple as he tried to understand.

His blue eyes locked with hers, the brown hues he had seen less than a season ago looking up at him from their first born child did not recognise him. "I can help you, you don't need to do this any more, I am here to help you." His hand squeezed hers, a show of affection they had always shared. "It is going to be okay." His caring blue eyes had grown soft, his weakness for her showing through.
word count: 315
Celeste Andaris
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Just for a moment, he kissed her back and Tessa felt a whole rush of emotions hit her. He was safe, this one, she was sure of it and she had a good feeling about him. He wanted her, how could he kiss her like that and expect her to believe any different? Their shared embrace was such that she knew he was going to be gentle, she knew it and she resolved that she'd make sure that he was glad he'd paid for her. So, she did her best moan of pleasure and it seemed to do the opposite of her intentions. He pushed himself backwards, put an arm in between the two of them, blocking her from him and putting a barrier between them.

"Why'd you call me that?" Tessa asked. "I'll be her if y'want. What'ca want me to call you?" She frowned, though, when he asked about the twins. "Ho'd you know I've got twins? They're 'ome safe an' sound." But then, our babies? "Or i'this part'f th'game?" With what she hoped was an encouraging smile to him, she nodded. "You want me to be Celeste an' we've got twins? Alrigh' that's fine. Who're you then, in this game?" Tessa was beyond confused, but yet this man who she had just met was one she trusted, she felt calm and collected when he looked at her and she wanted to please him, to make him happy.

He said he'd help her and Tessa's face showed her relief under the bruises. "Than'ye, sir. I'll make sure you enj'y it, don't you worry. I jus'.. " She wouldn't have to do this? Tessa looked at him with disbelief, confusion and more than a little pain on her face. "Not do this no more? I 'ave to, sir. I'm a bit confused, meself." His hand took hers and squeezed gently and for reasons she could not tell, did not understand, tears sprang to her eyes and she let out a single sob. But she got herself together quickly. "You want me, I know y'do. An' I'm gratef'l to ya, cos I need th'money, sir, if I go 'ome with not enough again t'night, I dun' rightly know what he'll do. 'ow long d'ya want?" Then, it occurred to her just what was confusing her and her mind cleared. "You wanna play tha' yer rescuin' me, an' I'm this woman yer talkin' about? We can do that, aye. You look like a knight, all ready to save a girl." Stepping into his arms again, she pulled herself against him and looked up at him. "How long d'ya want? Quick go's five coppers, silver for a full break. What's yer pleasure, Ser Knight?"

Standing there, in his arms, Tessa realised that she wished it wasn't a fantasy for her latest client to swoop in and save her. How ungrateful she was, she thought, to wish that. Benji had saved her, had looked after her and the children and he'd been a better husband than any of the Andaris family, who'd owned her before sending her here. She had no right to be anything but grateful to him, yet this client's desire for a fantasy had struck a chord with her which she didn't truly understand.
word count: 582
Xander Andaris
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

He truly was a stranger to her and the wolf suddenly felt his heartbreak. Celeste appeared to be gone or at least obscured by this new woman, a prostitute with an abusive husband. Xander shook his head as he closed his eyes for a moment in thought, wondering how this could happen or how he could even fix it. Was it even possible to fix it? The ex-noble honestly had no idea and it worried him.

"You don't understand." He shook his head again stepping away for a second turning his back on her. "This isn't some fantasy." He span on his heals facing her once again and raising his hand. He gestured to the ring, the wedding band she had bought for him. "You are Celeste Andaris, Daughter of Benji and Mary Andaris, heir to the Duchy of Andaris and my wife." The wolf cocked his head, hoping but overcome with doubt that she would suddenly remember it all.

Then he looked to her finger, hoping to see the ring he had given her unsure if he would find it or not. "You gave me this ring the day we married, don't you remember the beach, our daughter Ala'ni was there too?" His eyebrows raised as he got more specific curious if she recalled anything. "You really don't remember do you? The sigh of frustration escaped even as he tried to avoid showing it.

Xander shrugged and bent forward rubbing his face with his hands as he tried to think of something anything to help. "You don't have to suffer any more not at the hands of clients or your...husband. You can leave, I can help you remember I can bring you back and we can save Zara and Katharine, our babies." He stepped forward, the last glimmers of hope leaving his eyes to be replaced by fear and sadness.
word count: 319
Celeste Andaris
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

"No, don't leave, sir. Please don't walk away." Her voice sounded afraid, pleading she put a hand on his arm, which she instinctively pulled back. "Sorry." Why she was sorry, of course, was immediately apparent when he spun on his heels and he raised his hand. Tessa cringed, cowering as she fought the urge to step backwards but she was terrified. Yet the strike didn't come and her brown eyes looked at him with confusion. "No, sir. I mean, I will be if you want me to be, sir. I'll be whoev'r you want me to be, but I was owned by them sir. The Andaris fam'ly, that is. They owned me, an' I was Master Peake's favourite. But he got his children on me, sir, see, an' they sent me away. To Benji. Benji's my husb'nd, sir. He put this ring on my finger," and true enough there was the wedding ring which he had put there himself, less than an arc ago in Andaris.

Shaking her head, she looked at him and Tessa stepped forward, putting her hand on his arm. Dipping her head to make eye contact with him, she spoke in a soft, gentle voice. "I'll be whoev'r you want me to be sir, but that ain't my life. Tessa, that's my name an' the Andaris fam'ly, they owned me since I can r'member. I was a slave there, sir," Her eyes searched his and her hand lifted to touch his cheek. "Did someone there 'urt you, sir? I'm sorry if they did. Master Peake, he was cruel to me." Quite what the definition of cruel was, considering the current state of her, Immortals only knew, but her bruised face was serious. "An' they killed my friend. He was a stableboy there, an' once the Baron came in an' wanted to beat me." It was what had happened, of course, to a point. "Took off 'is belt an' ev'rythin', sir. But Torq stood in front of me. They.." she didn't cry any more. Tessa didn't know when the last time was that she'd cried, but emotion poured out of her. "They killed 'im sir. An' I'm sorry as can be if'n they hurt you too. But I'm not one o'them no more. I'm Anders now," holding up her wedding band, she smiled at him.

"It'll git better, sir, what'vr hurt they've done you," But he was determined, she didn't need to be here, didn't need to stay here, he could help. "There's no helpin' girls like me, sir. You shouldn't waste yer time... but.. 'ow d'ya.." Tessa frowned a sudden, dark expression on her face. She looked at him and stepped forward, her hand lifting and this time, touching his cheek. "How'd you know my babies names? I can't.. he'll 'urt them, sir. I have to be good, bring the money 'ome an' then it's not so bad. How'd ya know my babies names, sir?" She wanted to not trust him, to run and hide, but yet. She couldn't. The closer to him she was, the more she felt it. Calm. "I want to b'lieve you, sir," she whispered. "I really do. But I can't risk my babies." For reasons she had no idea of, she leaned forward and placed a soft, gentle kiss on his lips. The kind that Tessa Anders knew nothing about. "I'm sorry, sir."
word count: 604
Xander Andaris
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

"You don't understand still, you don't get it." Something was very wrong with her memory, something had altered it. Peake was now her owner and Benji her husband but she remembered Torqin dying? Her mind had been tampered with beyond what Xander seemed able to reverse. "I know the names of your daughters because they are our children, I named Zara after my sister and you named the other Katherine."

"I love you Celeste, you may not remember right now but you will I swear it, by Vhalar I will keep that promise." The fallen Baron bit his lip and reached into his pocket, her words doing little to comfort him and the kiss feeling wrong. Everything felt wrong like she wasn't even the same woman. He had to help her, get her to remember the real history of her life. Whatever the webspinners had done to her must be reversible, this was a challenge he was sure.

His hand came back out, three gold nel spread across the palm. He looked at her and smiled softly, maybe he couldn't help her now but if the monster she was with killed her he had no chance to save her. "Take it, maybe it will keep you from harm tonight." He would rescue her but abducting her from the street here and now was not the answer, he did not imagine it would help much at all.

Xander stepped back again once she had taken the gold. A sympathetic look in his eye but he knew he had to wait he could tell it was the only choice. "I have to go, be safe and be careful. I know you don't remember me but I can't lose you forever." He had to find Torqin and tell him, let him know of his discovery and together they could decide on a plan. They needed one after all if they wished to get her and the twins out safely.
word count: 332
Celeste Andaris
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Her children were his? That was ridiculous and the poor man was obviously deranged or maybe his wife had died. That must be it, Tessa thought. His wife had died and it had driven him over the edge. Of course, that didn’t explain how he knew the names of her babies. She frowned and looked at him with confusion written all over her face. He obviously thought that she was someone other than who she was, this Celeste person and yet, somehow, Tessa felt safe with this man. ”I think yer a bit crazy, sir, t’be ‘onest, but that said, I feel like I c’n trust ya. I never feel like that with no men, an’ so thanks.”

Then he reached into his pocket and brought out three gold nel. Tessa looked at him with wide eyes. Was he serious? Her hand was trembling slightly as she took the money, ”you don’t wana? You know.. you’ve more’n paid fer me, sir.” She didn’t know his name, she realised. Of course, she usually didn’t and that was fine, but looking at him something told her that he wouldn’t tell her. Not now. He thought he was protecting her – or maybe he was doing just that. She couldn’t tell for sure.

He stepped back and Tessa watched him with wide eyes; the bruises on her face seemed to stand out more because of the colour draining from her face. ”Yer… yer leavin’?” She didn’t want him to, she realised. She didn’t like it. How stupid. When he said he couldn’t lose her forever, she smiled at him. ”I’m always righ’ here, sir. If you feel like it, ever.”

He turned and left and for reasons which she couldn’t rightly explain, Tessa whispered after him. ”G’night, Ser Knight. Ethelynda look ov’r you.” Then, she pocketed the coin and got back to work.
word count: 326
Jonathan Burr
Profession: Academic
Renown: 45
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

RP Medals

This thread was full of emotions on both sides! Xander's confusion and heartbreak were read very clearly, though I could have done with a little more flavor added to it. Seeing your wife turn tricks on the street is bound to be a horrific revelation, worthy of tears or perhaps some anger. I realize that he might have been restraining himself for her sake. The ring was a particularly nice touch. I really love that he had to step away from her for her own safety; it takes a lot of guts and self-restraint to do that...but he'd have to to keep the twins safe.

Celeste's confusion as well as her acting was a little...heavy here, but she is playing a whore and they're not known for their subtlety. I like that she acknowledged the danger in invading another whore's territory, but I would have liked a little interaction. Maybe she scared off some other whores in her desperation, or had to run from another whore's handler. It would have given a little more to the posts, and set up the atmosphere of danger and desperation a little more effectively.

Celeste's Rewards

Knowledges:

Acting: A moan of pleasure
Acting: Pretending you don't care about the bruises
Deception: Faking a response
Deception: Faking desire
Detection: Spotting when you've got an odd customer
Detection: Reading emotions in eyes
Persuasion: Asking for money
Persuasion: There's no helping girls like me.
Seduction: Greeting a new customer
Seduction: Reassure your customer that you're worth it.

Loot:
+3gn

Renown: +5, I think Xander would want to keep this on the DL in order to get the twins out safely, but word of her stepping out of her territory might have gotten around the locals.

Xander's Rewards

You earned a total of 9 knowledges, and you only requested 7! If you'd like your remaining 2 PM me them and Ill reward them!

Discipline: Resisting your own wife's seduction
Discipline: Persisting on an idea even when someone else does not believe you
Investigation: Searching the streets
Investigation: Asking the hard questions
Investigation: Using your eyes to garner extra information
Detection: Spotting bruises on the body
Detection: Noticing a familiar face

Loot: None
Renown: None
word count: 383
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Central: Ivorian Empire”