• Mature • Dream a Little Dream

Emelia, please.

26th of Vhalar 719

Almund is a thriving township with a dark side. With houses made from the wooden bodies of decommissioned ships, there are many opportunities here, coupled with many dangers.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Llyr Llywelyn
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 830
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Dream a Little Dream

Midnight
26th of Vhalar, Arc 719

Smoke filled the bedroom with the rich scent of bug berry-laced tobacco. At the windowsill, Llyr absently looked over the shipwrecked homes of the Scalvoris district. An occasional flicker of candlelight, the cross of a shadow in a window frame, the sound of a drunken pair making their way home, and the sound of those still bothering to labor even though the sun had set.

The midnight air felt nice against the dried sweat on his skin. Wearing only his black undershorts, he easily felt the chill of a Vhalar wind drift through the modest house. He took another breath inward of the smoke and didn’t look over. He could hear Em moving about. Whatever she was doing, he didn’t look.

Since their first meeting in Saun, he’d come to visit Em several times over the many trials. Of course, they didn’t talk much. There were far too many things to enjoy with one another than to waste time with conversations. On this night, though, Llyr had been comparably gentle. He’d taken considerate care with how tight he’d secured the ropes and held back the rougher portions of their intimate dance to the point that Em likely would have made her frustration known… if she hadn’t a handkerchief in her mouth at the time.

Em was freed now, though. Free to speak, as well. It wasn’t unusual anymore for Llyr to remain for half-a-break or so, to relax and smoke though he kept from conversing still. Only on his fifth visit did he even offer her an actual name: Llyr.

“Mind if we talk, Em?” he asked, then slowly brought his gaze away from the night’s cityscape to wherever the woman was. “I’ve been… thinking.”

He paused and flicked the end of the cigarette so ash fell outside the window. Whatever she said, or didn’t say, he cleared his throat. After another drag of smoke, he continued.

“Traveling like this to see you; every time I do so, it’s dangerous.” The irises of his eyes held the color of pale lavender and the halo above his head faded to a dim light that almost matched the illumination of the room.

He stood from the windowsill and went over to Em. Llyr placed his cigarette to settle at one corner of his lips. He took hold of her wrist and brought her closer to him. His other hand landed on her hip. He gathered her in a playful embrace similar as if they were about to dance a waltz.

“Yet, I want to see you, feel you,” he explained with the lit cigarette carefully balanced against his lower lip, despite him talking. Llyr swayed his hips side-to-side to tease her. He encouraged her to follow his lead, something she’d gotten better at with each visit. The blond drifted them into a gentle dance with simple steps around the space of the room.

He took the cigarette from his lips and set it between Em’s lips. “Shh. Don’t answer yet, just listen.”

“Do you enjoy living here in this hut in Scalvoris?” he inquired. “Haven’t you ever wanted to travel beyond? See what else there is in the world? There’s so much out there, Em. So much to discover.”

“I live in Etzos,” he confessed to her, not having shared the location of his home until this moment. “Almost in the center of the city, in a good neighborhood… It’s not perfect, it’s a modest house, and it’s not how I plan to remain in the near future. But it’s not the slums. It’s right next to the wealthy sorts, the merchants and… I have connections there. Powerful connections. I own a new business that I’m establishing and…”

He halted their casual dance with a small spin near the window so they could both enjoy the cool night air. Llyr kept his hands on her hand and the curve of her hip. The tall biqaj offered a foxish smile. “Move away from this place. Explore the world. Live with me. We can see each other whenever, have each other whenever we want. Be mine, Em? I’ll treat you like you deserve... and punish you sweetly.”

word count: 728
Please — consider me a dream.
Emelia Enners
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: 60
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Re: Dream a Little Dream

Emmy expected him to vanish with his magic show, he didn't leave quickly anymore but rarely did he stay. They were fuck buddies not a couple. But he was consistent and one of her few partners she didn't make pay, taking him solely for the pleasure of it. Not that all her deals weren't pleasure related but he was someone she could trust not to ruin her. And as the smell of bug berries ran through the house, she was content. Well fucked if nothing else, the pleasurable stretch of her muscles as she grabbed both of them a cup of water keeping her awake rather than cat napping and stealing puffs of the smoke.

Still, he surprised her when he broke the silence to speak. But not with the goodbye she expected. "You still have energy to think?"

Her teasing was obvious but there was a note of curiosity in her voice as she entered and set the cup down for him. Taking a dip of her own and wincing slightly. She should have added vodka to it. Watered drink was better than the salty tang than permeated all the water of Scalvoris. It hung in the air like the smoke in the room and his hesitation.

The woman braced herself for the break up. Wistful but not heartbroken. There were other cocks to jump on though she'd miss the security of someone she had faith in. Words of acceptance on her tongue till Llyr's hit hers. Emelia didn't care of or for magic, and figuring out how the man came and went didn't require a scholars education but she'd never have assumed it was dangerous. Honestly she was surprised, as she set her own cup down with wide eyes, that the secretive man told her anything at all. There wasn't enough time to formulate a response before he swept her up in his arms. She moved with him instinctively, lips parting to ask what the shit he was talking about but instead huffed a drag of the offered smoke.

It was soothing and took away the tang of the water. And the confusion of his questions as he continued, painting a different picture than what she'd assumed of him. As they swayed, the pulse between her legs spiking once more, she found herself looking between him and the small, shabby, comfortable home. A home she could find her liquor in with her eyes closed.

It wasn't often that she found herself at a loss for words but Emmy was now. For a moment she just stared at him, the cigarette falling between them to burn out on the floor when her lips parted wetly. Her eyes roved his face for the lie but she found none, even as she put a little space between them though her hands wound around his neck and into his hair tightly as if it would prevent him from his usual disappearing act.

"What." It wasn't a question and the harsh sound of her cracking voice in her own ears finally pulled words forth, "What the hell is Etzos?"

It was a pitiful question in return for all he asked and spoke of and her hand moved to cover his mouth so he wouldn't speak. She felt strange. Her skin too tight like she needed to rip it off. "I don't understand, Llyr, you want to be your...only whore? I don't...I'm not...my mother...Llyr..."

She trailed off then released him to speak, arms spread wide as she encompassed her and her hovel of a house. "Look at me, Llyr, really look. Look at this shit hole. Its all I know. Look at my town. Look at me, how would I fit in your world there? I'm not powerful, I fuck everyone for money. I don't..." she laughed, nor with derision but honesty. "I know I'm pretty but the fucking can't be that good. What would even want me for aside from sex?"

Though she played it off her arms shook slightly as she lowered them. This was out of her depth. What he offered sounded like they were in a dream. A dream she had never given thought too and seemed almost terrifying.
word count: 723
Llyr Llywelyn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Llyr
dryly laughed, though it sounded more like an amused scoff, when the cigarette fell from Em’s lips and onto the floor between them. As she wrapped her arms around his neck, her fingers wound tightly through his blond hair, and he drew her near. He hugged around the curves of her waist and leaned down to get closer to her shorter height.

Her first question gave away the sound of confusion in her voice. A similar short and dry laugh escaped him, when she asked what Etzos even was. He quickly rid himself of his smile when she placed a hand over his lips. His eyes changed color, from lavender to daffodil yellow. Though he didn’t try to speak, his hands caressed over the form of her back while she struggled to make sense of what he’d offered her.

He eased his embrace, while she let go of him and gestured to her ramshackle bedroom. The yellow of his eyes dappled with pale green flecks. A different sort of smile showed on his lips, sympathetic and almost… pitying. Within her words, he recognized himself. He matched her laugh with one of his own though he quieted soon after.

The young mage glanced down, then he placed a hand over the center of her chest. He poked a fingertip over the space where her heart laid underneath.

“I want you. I want to wake up and see you there, not here.” he stated, fully aware this was the most they’d spoken since they’d met. He hesitated, cautious with his words as he didn’t want to insult her by accident. He said in a firm voice, “You wouldn’t have to fuck strangers for money anymore...”

Llyr’s hand went to the back of his head and he ruffled his hair. He glanced at the blackened ash of the fallen cigarette. The mage turned toward the window and he tried to find what he wanted to say. He stared at a mold-streaked side of the neighboring house.

He admitted, “It used to be my father and me, in a shitty little stone house with rats and insects and holes in the walls... I used to think that was success. That’s where I came from, Em. You don’t have to stay like this, if you don’t want to. I didn’t. You don’t have to. I can help you.”

“Etzos is a city I moved to recently, after my father died. I want to do well there, and so I can’t keep visiting brothels.” He leaned against the windowsill and crossed his arms. His eyes changed to a blue-green color. “It’s selfish of me. These Etzori, they’re all so… I can’t trust a single one of them. But I could trust you.”

“Yes, I could,” he added before she might deny such a statement. “I can trust you because until a moment ago you didn’t even know what Etzos was. Because you have no ties to anyone, no connections means no debts.”

“You don’t have to understand all this,” he gestured for her to come over to him. He sat on the windowsill, then set a hand on his thigh for her to sit on his lap. “Don’t you worry about something like whether or not you’d fit in. All you’d have to concern yourself with is looking as pretty as you can, keeping clean, and playing with me just as we have been, only more…”

“Em, don’t you want more?” A slight smile teased at the corner of his lips.

“All you have to do is agree. I’ll take you tonight and you never have to come back here if you don’t want. You can send your mother money or after you get a look at the place, bring her with. I’ll find a home for her. Maybe one even nicer than this. Let me be clear though, I’d want you to live with me.”

Speak Am Think
word count: 683
Emelia Enners
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

There was no way hide her tension as he reached out to touch her again. This was new, foreign in a way fucking never had been. Complicated. Emmy was simple, she didn't like living like this, who would? But she knew it. She liked fucking. Sure, the woman didn't love every person she fucked, and some enjoyed hurting her in less pleasant ways but her body trust him and she crept towards the touch like a confused cat. This was not the same praises he spilled from his lips when they played nor the ones she was used to hearing hollered in taverns, and on docks. It was like when her mother tucked her hair behind her ear when she helped her sew to keep it out of her eyes. It was warm. It even brought forth the same wiggle of pleasure in her chest, warmth flushing her cheeks.

It wasn't like a marriage proposal but it was sweet in a way they usually weren't. Still, she wasn't sure how to respond, glib replies weren't meant for what he was asking of her. But it threw her off the way it did when her mother asked her how a bad night went. "I like fucking. I don't hate my job, I'm a whore because I fuck like one so why not get paid for it? Not much else I'm good at."

When he finally pulled away she followed toward his warmth and because Emmy wasn't sure what else to do. He was strange. He confused her with his pretty eyes, and words that sounded too good to be true. She might do stupid shit but she wasn't entirely stupid. Yet his words reminded her so much of herself she curled up next to him, hiding her confusion in his chest. They were fuck buddies, and she doubted he lacked for partners anymore than she did. But the thought of her mother sewing clothes for people who would thank her with more than promised bread that never came. Those worn hands uncurling because they didn't need to stay up all night to finish an order.

"But why? I still don't...why in the hell would you want to live like that?" The woman peeked a look up at him, a hand caressing his cheek gently, "You could probably do anything so why live with then if they're so bad?"

The words she really wanted to speak spilled forth after, like a dam had burst within her. A excitement too. If he told the truth? She could drink and sleep and fuck him whenever she pleased. It would be like home without the memories she saved to warn her of her own stupidity. Maybe he'd even let her burn his gardens! Her hand pressed firmer into his cheek checking that he was there and not some drunken delusion of grandeur. A small smile quirked her lips.

"I'm simple Llyr. I like drinks, I like drugs, I like setting things on fire, and I like fucking who and what I want. I never cared if I had more." She took a deep breath, far too sober for a talk like this, "If you want me like that too then...fuck it, I guess I could try? If you really meant it, and if my mom is fine. It's a package deal, I won't leave her forever."

As she spoke, growing quieter with the seriousness of his offer she pressed closer to him. The woman couldn't say she cared for all he offered save her mother's help. She'd survived worse than poverty, and she'd had her share of stupid affairs but he didn't know her. She didn't know him but as she look down at everywhere they touched she thought maybe it wouldn't hurt to try. Worst came to worst she could always leave. Suddenly she laughed at the absurdity of it all and lurched up to clumsily kiss him in her excitement, speaking through it as she did so.

"I've done stupider things than this shit, so let's go before I sober up completely-ah I need to write mom a note!"
word count: 716
Llyr Llywelyn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

In the brunette human, he recognized the scared hope… the vulnerable optimism that crept past the usual acceptance. Acceptance required to make it to the next day without sliding into utter despair or bitter cynicism. This is the way things are. This is the way they’ll always be. Can’t be helped. Won’t change. Might as well make the best of it. Llyr felt the thoughts more than heard them, familiar echoes of his own life not so long ago.

He hadn’t considered it possible that he might be anything more than his father’s caretaker or maybe a clerk, at most, if he got in good with the right people. He’d always believed the world to be a grand place, just not one that had much room for him. Not until he left his father’s house… not until he started to see that there wasn’t anything special about those who ruled, or those who had wealth… the only difference was that the elite acquired what they desired, no matter the cost. There was no acceptance with how things were, only perpetual aims to grasp more and climb higher.

Llyr knew that even if Em wasn’t aware of it yet, she was like him. The things she said to him, when they held each other close, when she lost her mind with overwhelmed sensations, she hadn’t settled for the life around her. Not truly, not deep in her heart, and the tremble of excitement in her voice when she spoke only confirmed it. Like him, she wanted more.

And like him, back then, she didn’t have a lot to lose.

He smiled as she caressed his cheek and answered her question about why he’d want to live with the Etzori if they were so bad. “They aren’t bad. It’s complicated, Em. Etzos is a rich city and the timing couldn’t be better for someone like me... or you.”

While she pressed against his face, and he recognized why, he smoothed out her hair that was still messy from their night spent together. He twisted the long dark strands around his fingers while he listened to her. He arched an eyebrow when he heard the mention of setting things on fire and suspected by the way she’d said it… it wasn’t a metaphor.

I never cared if I had more, she claimed, but he didn’t believe these words. These words were spoken as a hedge of the bets to make sure she didn’t get her hopes up. Maybe she thought it was true. Maybe…

He nodded slowly. As she moved closer to him, he wrapped his arms around her and cuddled her against his body. He set his lips against her forehead and quietly said, “Of course. We can learn of each other more, in time, and if it doesn’t work, I’ll bring you back here. If it does, though… I’ll find your mother a safe home to move into. One better than this. It might take some time, but not forever.”

Llyr gnawed on his lower lip to keep himself from saying more. He didn’t know if Em would accept… or if it was just too much for her to consider. What if she didn’t admit that she might want more in life? What if she got too scared? Had he just messed things up? Would their visits with one another change now? Could they return to how they had been… not likely.

Then Em laughed and clumsily kissed him, interrupting the insecure doubts that had started to drag Llyr out of the moment. The brunette brought him back to the present. He met the kiss first, then laughed next as she spoke against his lips.

He stood from the window and lifted her up while he did so. It wasn’t an unfamiliar position for them as he guided her legs to wrap around his waist. Llyr kissed her for a bit, eager as he felt the contagious excitement bounce between them. He finally broke the kisses and said, “Go. Write your note. Bring any drugs you’d like to take, but everything else we can find anew for you in Etzos. Though you might want to put something on for the journey, as quick as it might be.”

While she went to do so, Llyr gathered his own clothes. He didn't always cross over with attire when visiting her, but totrial he had. He searched the bedroom with vague familiarity, and found one of the knives that'd been set aside and forgotten about last time. The biqaj picked it up, lightly slashed his palm open, and as silver welled along the fresh wound, he drew it in a circle on the floor of the bedroom. He smacked his hand in the center of the blood-drawn circle. A flash of bright light, the symbol disappeared from physical sight, and then Em's bedroom was branded for any return trip that might be necessary. Llyr smiled slightly, then went to attend to his hand so the blood loss would be stopped by the time Emelia returned.

Speak Am Think
Last edited by Llyr Llywelyn on Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 874
Emelia Enners
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

She was torn between kissing him again and running for paper, not a necessity and hard to find even if charcoal wasn't. It was handy for the dresses and quick measurements as the woman scribbled on the nearest wall. A terrible habit of both her and her mothers, though the discolored walls could almost be considered a form of art now from all the erasing of the black smudges.

Mom, be gone for-awhile.

Come back for you later, monies on the table.

Love ya,
-Em

She paused. She was excited to go, and she was happy Llyr had offered to take her to his home this time but she recalled he'd mentioned danger. To ask him to bring her back too soon was stupid but a wave of early homesickness crashed over her before she finished the words then tossed the charcoal to search for something to throw on. It was cold enough now that she grabbed her pants, speaking more casually now that she had decided. Though it was still strange as a whole, to converse when he wasn't either in her or torment her in ways she enjoyed far too much. It'd work or it wouldn't, she thought as she pulled up the pants. "Me and complications ain't friends but rich people got problems. The scholars that try to slum it are always talking about politics and shit, nothing I care about. You oughta tell them to eat a dick, least it'll keep their mouths shut."

She skipped her underclothes and a shirt as she slipped on her jacket, pulling out her small pouch of pathetic coin to leave on her bed then darted back to the tall blonde with a wide smile. There was a few smokes in her jacket, and a pouch of powder Emmy couldn't be arsed to remember the name of but it'd likely come in handy but it was far from her mind as she practically jumped back into his arms. The urge to travel had never been a bug to bite her ass but she wouldn't mind fucking him on every piece of furniture he owned for a change. And she was curious if he was the same in a city she wasn't sure if he actually liked or not. But none of it mattered.The woman decided to go and damn it all if she'd change her mind now. There were probably more things she think of, more things she should write on the wall but Emmy was never one for forethought of planning. Pressing one more kiss to his cheek she whispered in his ear softly.

"Learn each other or learn all your furniture? Is your bed bigger than mine?"

Whether he answered or not didn't matter. Her feelings on magic aside, she would go with him into his little light show and see what exactly an Etzos was since her new upgraded bed partner was ready to show her.
word count: 504
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Llyr Llywelyn

15/15 no magic

Knowledge

Skill
Persuasion: Explaining how you’re similar.
Persuasion: The world beyond.
Persuasion: Don’t you want more?
Persuasion: Appealing to greed.
Persuasion: Appealing to security.
Persuasion: Appealing to romance.
Persuasion: Appealing to adventure.
Seduction: Sharing bug-berry smoke.

Non
Dreamwalking – Brand (Location): Emelia Enners’ room in a small house in Almund, Scalvoris.
Em: Will be living with me in Etzos.

Loot/losses

a new room mate.

Wealth

n/a

Renown

n/a
Em

15/15 no magic

Knowledge

Skill
Acrobatics: Jumping into another arms
Endurance: Emotional fortitude
Endurance: Preparing for the worst
Seduction: Whispering in ears
Seduction: Dancing
Seduction: Cuddling
Socialization: Talking through things
Socialization: Trying to understand another person’s motivation

Non
Llyr: Wants you to live with him
Llyr: A mage

Loot/losses

New digs.

Wealth

n/a

Renown

n/a
Comments: Short but sweet collab. I very much enjoyed how you made it so sensual without crossing the line into that other forum's territory. It was very tasteful.

Llyr is so well developed, and I appreciate all the background you give him, and how all the stories up until now still shape his present developments. Hopefully Em doesn't get match-happy in Llyr's house 0_0... But then he can claim insurance, right?

Em is such a unique and believable character. It would be too easy to play a prostitute as a complete basket case, but you inject a heavy dose of reality and humanity into her, which makes her relatable and likable. She has dreams and desires and likes of her own, and she wasn't going to get pulled in by Llyr's offer right away without some convincing.

Well done the both of you!

Let me know if there's any issue with the review.

word count: 293
Avatar provided by the wonderful Pegasus
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Almund”