• PM To Join • First Bloom of Spring

1st of Ashan Tradition (Amaris)

Almund is a thriving township with a dark side. With houses made from the wooden bodies of decommissioned ships, there are many opportunities here, coupled with many dangers.

Moderator: Ghoul

Rynata
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Merchant
Renown: +210
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1
Medal count: 3

Contribution

First Bloom of Spring

Thu May 17, 2018 10:53 am

"Oriand." Rynata tested the name and smiled approvingly. "That's an excellent name. Though I don't know how you managed to keep track of all twenty-three of them. And if you think it's better for me to spend more time with her, I suppose that's for the best." Straightening up and following Amaris into her home, Rynata carefully waded through the maze of cats. It was difficult to find proper footing what with the moving obstacles but she managed with Amaris holding back the worst of the tide.

The small apartment they stepped into was a simple home. There were basic pieces of furniture, a filled to bursting cabinet, a cozy fireplace, and of course, many cats. The room was much brighter than Rynata's nest below deck and the sailor glanced over to the secured windows responsible for the light. It was something to consider for any future constructions. Perhaps Oriand would enjoy watching the fish and waves from the comfort of indoors. Stepping toward the chairs in the room, Rynata seated herself in one of them once Amaris had given her leave. She dug around in her pockets and glanced about the floor to pick out her feline friend from the crowd.

"Oriand, come here," she called, lightly patting her knee. Rynata produced a spare piece of string, some leftovers from fishing or the like, and waved it enticingly at Oriand. Amaris had said Oriand was a bit calmer than some of the other cats, but hopefully it would be enough to catch her attention and affection.

"I don't believe I ever asked you about your living," she mentioned to Amaris as the thought dawned on her. "I do odd jobs with my ship, if I forgot to mention. When we met, well...there wasn't a lot of room for chatting."
word count: 324
Amaris
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Councilor of Natural Affairs
Renown: +242
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5
Medal count: 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

First Bloom of Spring

Wed May 23, 2018 3:20 pm

- common / murnasian

"It's more like they keep track of me," Amaris responded, smiling. Watching someone adapt to their living situation was interesting, in a way. There were things they had become used to - much like needing to shoo a number of furry bodies from a seat before taking it - to they figured someone else would not be so inclined to let go unnoticed. Rynata, however, seemed to take in the environment and move forward as if nothing was amiss. It was comforting, to know that they weren't so entirely a mess that they couldn't welcome guests into their home.

They made a point to avoid looking at their desk, choosing instead to have their back to it and stand a little bit in front, as if hiding the evidence of what had transpired, despite it no longer being there. It left them with a sensation not unlike itching, but they ignored it in favor of focusing on their guest. The mixed blood perked up slightly at the question directed to them. They had not known the woman to be more of an odd job person. The biqaj had struck her as something akin to a ferry or something close to the like. The only other biqaj they had known personally was a musician.

"I'm the Councilor of Natural Affairs, and I work with Faith over at her restaurant Cally's as a veterinarian on occasion." There was still that dip of pride in their voice, unsure of whether they could even fulfill the basic duties they'd been given. But, they wouldn't delve into such details with Rynata; they were sure it would be a whole world of boring talk that she was not interested in. A smile still on her lips, she watched the woman play with Oriand for a moment longer, the cat watching the string for a few trills before leaping forward, only to miss or have the string jerked away before starting the whole process over.
OOC Note
Hey, Ryn, how about we close this up in the next round or two?
word count: 350
Rynata
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Merchant
Renown: +210
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Medal count: 3

Contribution

First Bloom of Spring

Sat May 26, 2018 12:20 am

It was surprising to hear that Amaris was in such a high office, but Rynata supposed that wasn't so inconceivable with the woman's calm attitude and diplomacy. There were the many animals roaming around the place as well. Perhaps that came with the job. Now that Rynata thought about it, no, it wasn't that surprising. It was just that with her daily schedule, she never had many run-ins with people who were in charge of making sure Scalvoris society didn't crumble into the sea. Though the fact that she didn't had left a lot of the initiative up to the Scalveen citizens.

"Councilor of Natural Affairs and a veterinarian. I'm sure the cats are happy to keep track of you. They must be getting the best care, after all."

Oriand, who was prancing about abruptly stopped. She flopped down on the floor and wriggled about, looking up at Rynata with large eyes. Crooning about how cute the creature was, the Biqaj reached out and petted her soft fur. Oriand was batting at her hands coyly, but Rynata noticed that her sharp nails were drawn in and only the curve of it ever came into contact with her skin. She was lucky that her new companion was taking to her so well. She was a kind creature, it seemed. Rynata had been prepared for scratched up arms and legs but wouldn't be at all disappointed if Oriand was above that sort of thing.

Reaching down, she hooked her arms around the cat and lifted her up into the crook of her elbow. Up close, she could hear and odd rumbling sound and feel the gentle shift of Oriand adjusting herself.

"I think I should go. I think Oriand's a bit more familiar with me now." Rynata scratched under the cat's chin as if to ask her if she thought the same. "I expected a candle, not a cat, but thank you anyway! For the hospitality and for Oriand. I promise she'll have as much fish as she likes."

► Show Spoiler
word count: 385
Amaris
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Councilor of Natural Affairs
Renown: +242
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5
Medal count: 5

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

First Bloom of Spring

Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:53 pm

- common / murnasian

Therapeutic was a good word to use to describe this interaction. They'd spent so long on edge that finally being able to relax reminded them of how much they'd missed it. Amaris, for much of their life, had been a stranger to interaction outside of their family. It was not a terrible affair, but it likely didn't help many of their social skills, though they were sure that was not the intention of their parents. Being complimented on their position - though it was one of power and one they still felt unsure of being the right fit for - was met with a further blush and dip of their head. They were beginning to think that maybe remarks on their occupation would be a normal thing to expect when revealed to others.

Seeing that Oriand, usually somewhat finicky in her interactions, was taking to Rynata was a relief. It meant that the mixed blood would indeed be able to give the feline as a gift. "Please; it was delight to have you. I hope she's useful and you enjoy her company/" Not everyone was meant to own a cat, and they figured that if Rynata was not fit for such, the woman would find out soon enough. They hoped, though, that she wouldn't. Perhaps it was the comfort in knowing that they couldn't talk back that Amaris found their company to be as nice as it was.With a smile, and a wave, they sent their guest off and corralled the cats away from the door.
word count: 263
Doran Cooney
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Performer
Renown: +40
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Medal count: 6

Contribution

RP Medals

First Bloom of Spring

Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:30 am

Rynata Ki'Oriq
Knowledges
Detection: Spotting objects in the snow
Detection: Listening for movement behind a door
Detection: Determining the temperament of an animal
Socialization: A friendly chat
Socialization: Asking about someone's occupation
Socialization: Exchanging gifts
Animal Husbandry: Playing with a cat
Animal Husbandry: Picking up a small animal
Animal Husbandry: Knowing what a cat eats
Animal Husbandry: Allowing an animal to get used to one's presence
Ettiquette: Knock before you enter
Etiquette: Thank people for their hospitality

Amaris: Councilor of Natural Affairs
Amaris: Works with Faith
Culture: Scalvoris, 1st of Ashan
Oriand: Amaris' and now Rynata's cat

Loot: Oriand -
"It was a silky black cat with wide, feminine, sea green eyes. It had a bright patch of white fur on its chest which stood out like a star on the dark body. " - Rynata "She was among the older of the cats, though not quite as old as a few that remained hidden and uninterested in the commotion by the door. They didn’t think it would be too hard to get her adjusted to the boat, and the affection appeared to be mutual." - Amaris
Injuries: N/A
Renown: 5 - plenty of people noticed the young bijaq on friendly speaking terms with the Councilor as well as leaving their home with on of their precious cats in tow.

Points 15
Amaris Nyme
Knowledges
Animal Husbandry: handling large numbers of animals
Animal Husbandry: signs of affection from cats
Animal Husbandry: some animals need time to warm up to people
Animal Husbandry: picking up on traits in animals
Animal Training: keeping a large group of animals in line
Animal Training: cats tend to take care of themselves
Animal Training: corralling cats
Animal Training: giving the animal time to get used to someone
Gardening: pressing flowers to preserve them
Socialization: continuing conversation
Socialization: repaying one gift with another
Psychology: being in the company of others can be good for you

Rynata: lives on her ship
Rynata: might have a rat problem
Rynata: does odd jobs
Culture: 1st of Ashan

Loot: Amaris LOST ONE OF HER CATS AAH! Just kidding, it's only Oriand.
Injuries: N/A
Renown: N/A

Points 15
---
That was a sweet little thread. You both captured a casual meeting between acquaintances so well, right down to the sort of awkward "Should I invite them in? Should I not?" decisions and Rynata being a bit more interested in the cats than her host haha. Congratulations are you new furry first mate!
Please edit your grade request, thank you!

Code: Select all

[center][img]http://standingtrials.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=7932[/img]Doran Cooney[/center]
word count: 452

Return to “Almund”