• PM To Join • Supply Routine

(Faith) Enrick meets with a proprietor to earn a new contact.

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus, Ghoul, Vorpal

Enrick
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Fisherman
Renown: +50
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

RP Medals

Supply Routine

Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Saun 2 717, 15th Break

Saun had been vividly hot that Trial for those out in the open weather, Enrick had to often use dunk his shirt in the water because of the heat. What brief relief that provided quickly faded though as it proved only a temporary fix, and when his water skin proved emptied of its contents, he knew then it was time to port back into Scalvoris and call it a day. Being a fisherman wasn't easy around this part of the Arc honestly, then again doing any sort of trade outside proved difficult now. Farmers and ranchers would have to work extra hard to keep their crops and livestock alive. Laborers would have to take cautions lest they suffer heatstroke, overall it was just an unpleasant part of the Arc for everyone.

Enrick had managed about his average haul today with the fishing, mainly thanks to the fishing net he'd purchased a while back. It had been hard to sit out in the sun and bake all day, already the tan coloration on his skin slightly reddened from it. He'd be fine of course. Enrick had braved many suns before and didn't burn so easily, so he intended to treat it like it was nothing. Just be mindful of the fact it was vividly hot. One of the dock laborers mentioned there was a place he could stop by, a bit of a fancy restaurant called "Cally's" he could pay a visit to. He'd heard of it but never really frequented the place, being from Almund he hardly tended to visit the many exciting places of Scalvoris.

When he arrived at the front of the door he did so with a pause, a drop of his net beside the doorstep made as he left it there for the time being. No point in walking in to ruin other people's appetites, although that could've happened anyways; since he smelled like fish to begin with. As he turned the knob and opened the door he entered casually, his hazel eyes flashed into a vivid silver upon entry. He looked around quietly first as he noticed there were in fact some people seated, feasting on their own meals as a couple of them would look his way. Enrick gave a plain wave as he wandered further in, his eyes upon a woman with darkened hair as he approached her.

"Scuse me lass," He beckoned for her in a lowered voice, "Oi'm lookin' fer d' owner o' t'is place. Heard t'ey could use a fresh haul o' fish?" The fisherman inquired as he rested hands within the pockets of his pants, while his vest remained opened to allow his skin to breathe. It felt good to finally be out of the suns and into a shaded room.
Seasonal Plans - Workshop - Rambles - Vlogs
"Every side attacks ya, when y' don't take sides."

Faith
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Philanthropist
Renown: +1000
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Supply Routine

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:03 pm

Faith was standing at the bar and looking at the journal in which they kept track of the bookings and so on for the place. She studied it carefully, attending to the thing made sure that she could spot patterns; peaks and lulls in the business were important to note and as she did with everything, Faith took her role here very seriously. However, she lifted her head as someone spoke to her. He was looking for the owner of the place? Faith smiled at him. The young woman was short, standing at five foot four and had jet black hair. Her eyes regarded him, such a pale blue that they were almost silver; she nodded as she heard what he was offering. "I'm the owner," she didn't look to be twenty arcs old, probably an arc or two younger in truth. "And possibly, I'd like to see the haul. But let's go through into the kitchen?"

If it was doubtful that someone as young and quietly spoken was the owner, the others who worked here seemed to suggest differently. A biqaj woman was sitting and folding linens, she looked up as Faith and Enrick walked through, Faith leading him out of the main area and into the kitchens. "Trudi, would you mind?" The biqaj woman was more obviously mixed-blood as she got closer, but she came over and looked at Enrick with a wide grin.

"Who's your new friend, Faith?" Trudi asked and Faith looked at Enrick with a slight and apologetic smile.

"My apologies," she said with a slight nod. "My name is Faith, it's a pleasure to meet you. This is Trudi, she's the head waitress here." Trudi smiled and seemed to be rather content to just look at Enrick.

"So, if you'd like to put what you have for sale there, we can have a look?" Faith said and she and Trudi moved over to examine his catch.

"If I might ask," she said, with a glance to him as she spoke. "How did you know that I was looking for fish?" In truth, Faith was down to the markets many mornings, very early in the morning. She was savvy enough that she went directly to the fishermen themselves, not to the stalls they sold to and she was developing a reputation. Small, petite, always a ready smile and a very polite young woman; she wouldn't buy something she didn't want, didn't get intimidated and never backed down. It was a strange combination, but there she was.

"I don't think I've seen you in the markets, have I?" Faith asked and she lowered her head to begin to inspect the fish which was being offered to her. She was fairly sure that she hadn't and, as her memory was literally perfect, she was quite sure that she hadn't seen him before. It didn't mean that they just hadn't run into each other, of course, but nonetheless. "How much?" Faith asked.
"Every evil has its good, and every ill an antidote."

~ Rharne HQ
Enrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

RP Medals

Supply Routine

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am

Upon his approach to the beautiful lass he couldn't help but narrow his eyes in surprise at her words, to him the woman didn't initially come off as the owner of the establishment. Then again what did Enrick know. Though she seemed far too dainty if not cheerful for the role, Enrick greeted her with a modestly warm smile upon hearing her talk. "Well good," He nodded in response with a brief look over to his shoulder to the door, "Oi'd be happy t' oblige." At the suggestion of the kitchen however he found himself somewhat confused, and his silvery orbs developed specks of a darkened yellow within their hues.

"Sure, sounds good lass." He croaked softly with his eyes softly fallen to the floor, rather than focused on the smallish petite woman before him. At the meeting of her kitchen worker named Trudi and the given name of the owner, Enrick respectively nodded his head to the two of them with his lips curved into another warm smile. "Enrick. Pleasure t' meet y' two." He added as he noted the glanced from Faith to Trudi alternatively. When Faith mentioned putting his haul up for her to inspect, Enrick again briefly looked back over his shoulder. He had left it around front out of politeness really, though the intensity of daylight wasn't probably doing much good to the fish. "Actually uh, Oi left it outside 'round the front. Didn't want t' impose on anybody or reek up t' place."

His eyes went from Faith to the room of the kitchen itself, as he searched for an alternate doorway to exit from. "Oi'll be back wit' it in a few Trills." He told her just before moving past the two women for the door. When he'd exited back out into the heat of day though, he didn't waste any time in moving back around to the front to retrieve the tied net. With it hoisted over his shoulder he walked swiftly back around to the way he'd came, and proceeded to reenter the kitchen area where the two women had awaited his return. "Roight." He chuckled with a short grin as he approached one of her counters. "Oi believe y' wanted t' 'ave a look t'en." As he reiterated this Enrick brought the net from over his shoulder, and placed it on an empty spot of the counter for the women to inspect at their leisure.

At the question of how he'd known of Faith's interest for fish Enrick's eyes dulled to a hazel color next, his hands rested on his hips as he looked to her mainly and watched. "Just an ol' friend o' mine, fellow fishin' buddy who had passed t' word along. Figured Oi'd come check in me self and see if it were true." He admitted with a soft shrug of his shoulders with soft pants, unaware of how tired he actually felt until now. It had been another long Trial totrial, and when one considered that days never ended this season then... well he definitely felt exhausted from being in the sun all day. "Could be possible, can't say Oi'd forget a face like yer's tho'." He admitted with a scratch underneath his chin, his eyes fallen to the net as Faith seemed to merely ask 'how much' without any indication to what. "H-how much? How many pounds? Or...." He crooned his head a bit as his eyes rested on her once more, doubtful that he was assuming her meaning in asking that specific question?

Faith
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Supply Routine

Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:51 pm

Enrick got himself sorted and made sure that things were in the kitchen. That was the first indication that Faith had that he was far from used to doing this. He'd left his haul of fish outside, where it was scorchingly hot and also where someone could have just wandered off with it. Then, when she asked how much, he stumbled over a question, rather than answered her. That was fine, she was just used to dealing with the fishermen at the docks and market, who were obviously more used to the need to make quick and decisive sales, as she needed to make in purchases. Still, everyone had been new once and she had no worry about making sure that he was treated fairly by her.

He said that he wouldn't forget her face and Faith didn't seem to notice it might be a compliment, but Trudi grinned. However, Faith was her usual, rather pragmatic self. "My face is fairly normal. My height might well make me memorable, in fairness." She turned her attention to the fish, examining what he had caught and the quality of the catch itself. She was interested in the variety, the quality, apparently a number of things as she examined the fish he brought in to her.

But then, he asked her a question and Faith smiled at him with a friendly smile as she clarified what had seemed to her to be an obvious question but which, obviously, was not to him. "How much in terms of money. Do you sell by the weight," some of the fishermen did. Faith didn't like that, it wasn't clear enough, "by the type of fish or by weight per type? Whichever it is, what are your prices?" In fairness, she couldn't help but wonder if that wasn't rather obvious. If she wanted to weigh the fish? Well, this was a professional kitchen, she was more than able to do that. As she looked at him, the woman with the silver eyes smiled and waited to see what his answer was.

Her mind, though, ticked over a little. "You are fairly new at this? How would you feel about entering into a more long term exclusive deal? If you bring me decent, good quality fish one trial, I'll put in an order for the next. What of that order you can fulfill, of good enough quality, I'll buy if you bring it here next morning. Saves us both a trip to the market." He might not be the most business savvy, but that just meant that he needed a friendly face and it would, as she said, save them both time.

If he was interested, then there would need to be clear arrangements, she explained. He'd need to come by a specific time or she'd have to assume he wasn't and therefore she wouldn't buy anything bought later because she'd have sourced her fish elsewhere. That kind of thing.

However, if he brought her a consistently good standard, was reliable and gave her first refusal on anything unusual he caught which was outside her trial-by-trial order, then Faith was more than happy to offer him a fair and reasonable wage.

The question was, whether that was something that they'd both be interested in or if he wanted more of a 'go trial, come trial' sort of arrangement. Either was fine by her, but she was happy to make the offer. It had worked out for the best with Kali'rial, after all, Faith considered. The Sev'ryn huntress was an Immortals-given gift, in truth and brought an excellent variety of meat.

More fish would be good and so she waited to see what Enrick said.
Last edited by Faith on Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Rharne HQ
Enrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

RP Medals

Supply Routine

Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:11 am

Enrick couldn't help but chuckle a little bit when he grinned widely at her remark, while she might've felt different about her face and size of course; he could've easily considered that her latter statement rather agreeable. She seemed rather shorter than most he knew, then again lots of people proved to be smaller than Enrick half the time. Regardless of the size though it still came down to whether a face was memorable, and at the end of the day Enrick felt himself quite capable of remembering her's for sure.

"Well now, Oi wouldn't go sayin' t'at so easily. Face like yer's would be very hard t' forget." Naturally the compliment came with a flourish of his bashful smile and averted eyes, while their hues transitioned to a deep green for just a brief moment. In regards to the fish he'd brought inside of course there came the questions regarding the 'how much' from earlier. Most of which seemed pretty complicated in general, where he would've usually gone with just the amount in weight. Of course it hadn't been clear what he had asked earlier either, since he wasn't sure where the question had been directed towards. Outright stating Nel prices didn't seem fair since he was just a fisherman, generally a stock supplier for other local fish merchants.

"Roi, should've guessed that." He chuckled a little nervously just before she pointed out his lack of experience in this. "Got me t'ere lass. Oi only really supply a few seller's and they pay me fer services rendered really. Never considered sellin' bogs like that by t'e pound a'fore." At the proposition of something long term being proposed between them, his demeanor changed to comfort once more as his lips cracked a smile. The fact this lady seemed to have a real knack for business meant something really, that he could trust her word since she seemed pretty invested in the idea.

"Say, t'at's actually a pretty sweet deal lass." He admitted with eyes a vividly brightened green. "Oi can make sure t' swing by a Break a'fore noon every Trial, deliver me best quality o' hauled fish t' y' first t'ing." He agreed with a positive attitude in his tone. "Hell eventually Oi can just supply ya alone if things git sweet between us, payment wise that is unless y' happen t' be in t'e market fer a mate as well." He added with a bit of a flirtatious tease with a cross of his arms, while his eye color didn't really change much a few flecks of magenta did flourish in them.

"Jokin' aside lass; Oi'm pretty laid back an' easy goin'. So if t'is deal tween us proves more favorable t'an just solid, t'en chances are Oi'd be happy t' just be yer lone supplier." Granted that meant he'd be limiting himself to just one person, being that exclusive of a supplier came with it's own advantages naturally. It'd build a foundation of trust between them, and eventually the better quality of fish he brought in; the better the pay would be in earning thanks to Faith. While he had only just met her he already liked her as a person, as far as he could tell she had an excellent sense of character.
Last edited by Enrick on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faith
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Supply Routine

Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:04 pm

A face like hers would be hard to forget? Faith ignored that as a comment, wondering slightly whether he was being flirty, trying to sell more fish or calling her ugly. Whichever it was, that was irrelevant but the fact that he wouldn't even look at her whilst he said it made her think that it probably was more likely to be an insult than a compliment, she thought. Or maybe he meant it and was shy. Whichever it was, Faith was far too focused on getting the best deal and ensuring that things went the best way for the business.

He was happy with the idea of a long term business deal and Faith smiled as he said it was a sweet deal. She nodded her head, pleased that he was happy. "We have been very fortunate in business being good, so I would say that we will be able to purchase all the good quality fish you have. The quality is most important to me, though." Faith would be more than happy with an exclusive deal as long as the quality was there. When he then asked her if she was in the market for a mate, though, Faith stopped and looked at him with a querulous expression on her face."I am not entirely sure what you mean, whether you mean business partner or romantic interest. Either way, no, but thank you for the offer. I am interested in a mutually beneficial business arrangement. That is all," she said with a friendly smile. Then, just to be sure that he knew she did not mind and because to her mind it was important to be clear, she added. "All I want from you is good quality fish. Then, I will be happy." Faith was entirely earnest.

He explained further that he was happy, easy going and laid back and would be happy to be her lone supplier. Faith nodded. "Well, let's try it like this for a season or two and see how we're both feeling. In the meantime, if the fish dishes sell well, I'll pass that on to you." She looked up at him and grinned. "If there is anything that you need from me, in that time, I'm here every trial. Please, don't hesitate to come find me. In the meantime," Faith offered a hand to shake. "Trudi will see to your payment. It's lovely to meet you."

Faith was about to leave him to Trudi's somewhat tender ministrations when she realised something. "Also, if you come across any of the more unusual fish, I would very much be interested. Nothing is too obscure for my tastes." Faith gave him a grin. "I enjoy experimenting, especially with food. So, nothing is too odd. Thank you. Do you have any questions?" If he did, then she'd answer them to the very best of her abilities, before leaving him with Trudi who would deal with payment.

~ Rharne HQ
Enrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

RP Medals

Supply Routine

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:22 pm

Enrick's smile only partially lessened to closed lips but the grin still remained, as he nodded and agreed that quality did seem most important. He could definitely understand that since he too would rather bring home good quality fish, anything that's decent sized and fresh compared to stuff left out all day. Plus the overall condition of such things too upon his haul of course, there always was and will be instances where some hauled fish were just plain bad. Likely due to the health or nature more or less, but other elements as well as the environment had to be considered also. "Sure t'ing, y' can expect me best hauls first t'ing every day." He confirmed with his arms loosened from their crossed position, which his hands then became planted at the sides of his hips afterwards.

At the decline of partnership he couldn't help but chuckle a little to the lady, his cheeks turned into a light flush of pink as he bashfully looked to her. "Was only teasin' lass, woman like ye's probably 'proached by many a proposition like mine." He reckoned with a snicker and a careful wipe under his nose with a thumb, his eyes briefly darted to the other Biqaj in the room as he noticed her face. She'd been amused by his jest more or less, if not found his attempt to hit on her boss funny. When Faith continued on about trying this business arrangement for a season or two, Enrick looked back to her with a steady nod as he found the idea agreeable. "Aye! Give us time t' figure things out, git a feelin' o' the waters fer a while." His eyes transitioned back into a deeper green next, a hearty grin in his expression as he listened more to what she had to say. Faith was the go to person for him in regards of questions or anything in general, while Trudi seemed to be the capable one in payments for his shipments to the establishment.

"Sure, pleasure's all mine lass." He returned the gesture with a wink shortly before Faith happened to bring up another matter, a suggestion to bring in anything unusual he could probably haul as well. It didn't sound too hard seeing as how some days, Enrick found some odd luck in taking back more than just fish. Granted he wasn't sure about lobsters and oysters entirely, he could definitely see about chalking that sort of stuff on his bucket list. Whatever helped him get paid at the end of the day, which is what this conversation led up to before Faith had concluded their business. "Will do lass, anythin' peculiar Oi've caught will 'ave yer name reserved already." He reassured her as she proceeded to head back into the main area of her establishment, Trudi asked for him to wait while she went to retrieve the proper payment for his first shipment. Afterwards he was happy to conclude his end of the bargain in their business arrangement, and assured Trudi that he'd be back same time the next Trial to provide his first haul of the day.

Jade
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Profession: Prophet
Renown: 0
Office
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Supply Routine

Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:29 am

Rewards Earned
Good little thread, nice side story for setting up a job between the two characters. I liked the use of NPCs and Enrick's dialogue, though it's a bit hard to follow sometimes. Overall, nice job guys!

Faith

Knowledge
Baking: Quality is most important for a good fish dish.
Baking: Taste is linked to quality
Baking; Unusual produce can make unusual dishes
Business Management: A variety of relationships
Business Management: Clear guidelines are vital for business relationship
Business Management: Puurchasing by weight and amount.
Business Management: Setting clear professional boundaries

Loot: None
Fame: None
Injuries:None

Enrick

Pending rewards request.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”J.R.R. Tolkien
Zipper
Approved Character
Profession: Professional Scowler
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Templates
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Supply Routine

Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:35 pm

@Enrick

Overview

Nothing that hasn't been said by Jade. You a playa', man, but you ain't hooking more than fish here ;)

XP: 15/15 (Cannot be used for Magic)

Fame:
Nupe

Loot/Injuries/Overstepping

Just a fish-supplying deal with Faithy

Knowledge

Skill Knowledge
Etiquette: Leaving 'Smelly' Baggage at the Door
Business Management: Meeting With Proprietors/Business Owners
Business Management: Determining Price Ranges With Stock
Negotiation: Making Business Propositions

Other Knowledges
Faith: The Owner of Cally's
Faith: Shorter But Also Noticeable
Faith: Already Has A Romantic Partner
Faith: A Good Sense of Business
Faith: Struck A Deal For Fish
Personal: Deliveries for Faith Exclusively
Please make sure your review request is marked as complete and put a review stamp on it!

Your review request is: here
ImageImageImage

Return to “Scalvoris Town”