• Closed • Mischief & Misadventure

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderators: Pegasus, Avalon, Vulpes

Elisabeth Angelus
Approved Character
Race: Human
Renown: +670
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 6
Medal count: 30

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Mischief & Misadventure

Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:00 am

Arc 720, 72 Zi'da

Elisabeth had made a promise in Viden that she intended to keep. Meandering down to the docks, the young mage was looking for someone specific, and although she didn’t have many specifics, she had enough that others were able to point her in the direction of the Libertalia.

The man she was there to see was an interesting one. Darius Baer. A fateful meeting in Viden – a place neither of them lived – had seen the beginnings of a warm friendship. Of course, their second meeting in Viden hadn’t gone quite as well, resulting in a bit of a collision and a lot of misunderstanding. The man had written to apologize to her but in truth, there had been nothing to apologize for. Elisabeth understood what had driven him to run away from Balthazar and herself and had told him so.

Before that, there had been an invitation to come see him when she arrived in Scalvoris, and as such, she was following up to make sure everything was alright between the two of them. Balthazar was off, checking on a few things, which left her with an afternoon to herself, and a friend to visit.

Scalvoris was an interesting place, certainly. She had only been there a few trials but she enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the town. Being there with Balthazar, learning about him through his home and the place he called home was interesting, and she just enjoyed being with the mage. Each trial she was with him, made her want more and more trials together. There was the knowledge that, eventually, she would have to return to Rharne by herself, but part of Elisabeth wished that trial would never come.

Shaking herself from the inner-reflections, Elisabeth found herself in front of the gangway onto the Libertalia. Waving down the first person she saw coming off the ship, she inquired about Darius, asking if someone could let Darius know that she was there to see him, waiting on the dock.

Last edited by Elisabeth Angelus on Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:17 am, edited 3 times in total. word count: 357
Darius Baer
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Profession: Woodworker / Sailor
Renown: +620
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5
Medal count: 29

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Mischief & Misadventure

Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:06 am

Arc 720, 72nd of Zi'da
Darius furrowed his brow as he looked over the ship's ledger in his cabin aboard the Libertalia. Balancing the books has never been his favourite task, and he knew he could have delegated it to one of the crew, but he also wanted to learn how to do it effectively. There would be situations, he was sure, when he wouldn't have crew to assist.

Alas, this educational experience didn't seem to make the process and less tiresome.

Elisabeth's arrival was met by sailors who were busy unloading goods from the ship. Overseeing their progress was a half-biqaj woman with a hard gaze and dark brown hair, with a single braid down one side. She barked an order to a sailor who was moving too slow for her liking, before her blue-green gaze settled upon the Videnese brunette.

"You're here to see Darius?" she repeated the visitor's polite introduction, though it was done with a slight smirk and a cocked eyebrow. "I'll go find him."

A knock at the door pulled Darius' attention away from the ledger, and he was grateful that it had.

"There's someone on the docks who's here to see you," Astra said as she poked he head in. "She's pretty."

A furrowed brow met blushing cheeks as Darius closed the ledger and stood, thanking the ship's first mate as he left his cabin.

As Darius stepped down the gangplank, he caught sight of Elisabeth, and his furrowed brow faded away as a smile spread across his features.

"You're in Scalv-Town!" he exclaimed, adding a skip to his step as he approached the Videnese. "It seems I'm disembarking the Libertalia most of the times when we meet."

He chuckled at his own comment, though he was deliberately omitting the time in Viden when he had knocked the poor woman over through no fault of her own.

He did recall her letter, however, and he wondered if her postscript still applied. He realised there was only one way to find out, and he stretched his arms wide as he neared the brunette.
Last edited by Darius Baer on Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 381
Elisabeth Angelus
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:07 am

Arc 720, 72 Zi'da

Glancing up as she heard Darius call out to her, Elisabeth saw him appear at the top of the gangplank. Waving, she laughed at his comment. “I am! And yes, you are, but at least I get to see this beautiful ship up close now.”

Watching him disembark the Libertalia, the young mage noted the same warm feeling coming over her that had been present the first time they met in Viden. There was just something about Darius Baer, and she couldn’t explain it, even if she tried. It felt like they had known each other forever, and that no time ever passed between meetings.

As Darius held out his arms to her, she knew exactly what he was doing. Happily walking over to him, she wrapped her arms around his neck tightly, embracing him warmly. “It's so good to see you. Balthazar is off doing…something.” Releasing the blond sailor, Elisabeth gave him a fond smile as she continued. “He’s always doing something, so I thought I would take some free time and come see you. Besides, I have something for you.”

Grinning, the young woman took aim for Darius’ shoulder, smacking it firmly, but not hard. Enough that it might leave a small mark. Arching her eyebrow with playful sternness, the young mage told him what was on her mind. “Don’t you ever do that to me again, Darius Baer. Don’t scare me like that, you being in pain and not letting me help. Do you hear me?”

Holding out her hand gently to him, she spoke softly. “See, how this ‘friends’ thing works is, if I’m hurting or in trouble, you’ll help me, and the same is true in reverse.” If he took her hand, she would simply squeeze it and allow her own to drop away. Elisabeth was dressing it all up in playfulness, but the intent was serious for the Videnese was fierce regarding her responsibility to make sure those she cared for were alright. There was very little she wouldn't do for others if there was a need.

“Now that its settled, could I interest you in a walk?” Being her mischievous self, she had greeted, hugged and hit him, and now, perhaps, they would go for a walk. That sounded just about right, and Elisabeth's smile told Darius that she wasn't sorry about any of it.

Last edited by Elisabeth Angelus on Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 424
Darius Baer
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:36 pm

Darius was glad to be received so well by Elisabeth as she met his embrace, and he allowed himself to get lost in their brief conversation, nodding at the explanation for Balthazar's absence. In doing so, he let his guard down, and soon found himself the victim of Videnese violence.

"Ow!" he cried out, though it was mostly due to surprise than any genuine pain.

He was about to follow up that exclamation by asking what the punch was for, but the brunette was already answering that question.

"Aye," he nodded as she told him off. "I'm sorry."

Elisabeth's outburst was justified, he realised. Although they hadn't known each other for long, there was a trust between them, and the Scalvorian had risked that when he had fled her attempts to help him in Viden.

He gratefully took her hand, though, letting it fall away when she released her grip. It was a brief touch, but a reassuring one, for it told him that although she was sincere in her frustration, she was also willing to forgive.

"Aye, I know I can trust you to have my back if I ever need it," he acknowledged, "and I'll do the same for you."

His statement was simple, but heartfelt. He had felt a connection to Elisabeth from their first encounter that had been difficult to explain. It wasn't an attraction beyond anything platonic, but it was more than a simple friendship. They were kindred spirits, in a way. The Scalvorian half-wondered if, in a previous life, they might have been siblings.

Whatever was behind their friendship, Darius was grateful to be a part of it, and when Elisabeth suggested they go for a walk, his features brightened.

"Aye," he grinned as the pair began to move away from the docks. "Has Balthazar given you a tour of Scalv-Town?"
word count: 323
Elisabeth Angelus
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:46 am

Arc 720, 72 Zi'da

“Always.” It was a simple response to his comment, and even before the young woman had punched him in the shoulder, she knew that Darius would always be there for her – no matter what. Oddly enough, Elisabeth had known that from almost the very first trial they had met. Their relationship was simple, and she appreciated that.

Smiling as he agreed to the walk, they began to move away from his ship. He inquired as to her familiarity with the area, shaking her head a bit. “Not a formal one, no. On our walks, he’ll point certain things out but nothing very specific. He’s been a bit busy since we arrived, so we spend a good deal of time going from Point A to Point B very fast.“

Even though she hadn’t been in Scalvoris long, adventure had already come calling for the young woman, and it weighed on her mind a bit. Her companion had a good head on his shoulders, and he was familiar with all the players. “Darius,” she began. “Yeva and I went out to Immortal’s Tongue. Balthazar ended up being there too, although he went to a different Shrine.” Yeva had wanted to go to Ziell and Cassion’s shrines while Balthazar wished to go to Vri’s.

“Anyways, something…unusual happened out there. Yeva and I ran into this man, whom I gathered later is one of Cassion’s Champions. Syroa’s worshipers came after us and we were pulled out of what could have been a very bad situation. By the time we were dropped at the dock, Balthazar was there and….something happened. I don’t know what – he’s not saying anything – but it must have been bad. I've never seen him like that.”

Elisabeth was new to the adventuring lifestyle, but she knew Darius and Balthazar were not. There was a hope that by sharing the experience, he could offer some words of wisdom to her. “Everyone is fine – please don’t worry about that. It was a bit scary, but we all made it just fine. Balthazar, I’m not sure what happened but I'm giving him space to sort it. I have faith he’ll tell me when he’s ready.”

Taking a deep breath, she plunged into the heart of her question. “Do you ever get used to the unexpected happening? Since Rharne, it’s been one thing after another. They are all experiences and I’ve learned a lot, but….I don’t know….do you ever get used to it?”

It was a difficult question to ask because on one hand, Elisabeth treasured the experiences and lessons learned, but being prepared for them? That was a different creature entirely. What had happened to Balthazar, that she didn’t enjoy in the least, and if she could be better prepared next time, maybe she could keep something like that from happening again. Maybe.

word count: 514
Darius Baer
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:13 am

Darius nodded silently, pleased that he and Elisabeth had reached an agreement of sorts. Theirs was a simple relationship, it was true, but it worked. The simplicity brought with it a degree of comfort, and that meant he felt safe in the brunette's presence.

At the revelation that Balthazar had not give the Videnese a proper tour, he shook his head slightly. Darius wasn't sure if the man was a Scalvorian, but it seemed as if an opportunity had been missed, and he said as much.

"Well, that's something we shall have to remedy, isn't it?" Image

He started with where they were: the Scalvoris Town Docks. Some aspects of it did not need pointing out - for they were plain to see - such as the merchants hawking their wares along the pier, or the captains offering passage to whereabouts unknown, or the warehouses that lined the northern edge of the coastline.

But what a visitor might not have known was the history of the docks, and so Darius told Elisabeth about the collapse in Arc 718, and the loss of life had occurred there. He considered telling her about his mother, and that she had been one of the victims, but he decided against it.

He did make mention of the Garden Of Remembrance And Thanks, where the Scalvorians who had died in the accident were memorialised, but he soon realised that the Videnese visitor had something else on her mind, and so he decided to stop talking and to start listening.

Elisabeth spoke of an experience she had had with Yeva and Balthazar on Immortal's Tongue. Darius immediately had a few questions, but he soon realised that the tale was merely setting the background and providing context, so he waited patiently for her to finish. Even so, he couldn't prevent the furrowing of his brow as he took in the details, which betrayed his concern.

When the brunette asked her question, Darius could sense the pensive expression across her face. He stopped walking as they left the pier and reached the cobblestones of Scalvoris Town's streets. They could continue their tour another time, but there were clearly more pressing matters at hand.

The Scalvorian paused for a few moments so that his thoughts could catch up with him, and then he looked into Elisabeth's eyes, with what he hoped was a compassionate expression.

"It isn't easy, aye," he admitted, "and if you're not careful, it could overwhelm you. I think if you don't stop by choice, you'll end up being stopped by something beyond your control."

For a moment, Darius looked past Elisabeth to the Hollow Sea nearby, before returning his gaze to her.

"You might find it helpful to take time out, if you can. To get away from the chaos and give yourself a chance to breathe. For me, that often means getting out on the water and letting myself process my thoughts. I find it gives me peace of mind, and I feel more energised to carry on."

Darius cocked his head slightly, and his furrowed brow returned.

"Do you think there's something you could do that might enable you to catch your breath?"
Last edited by Darius Baer on Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 548
Elisabeth Angelus
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:52 am

Arc 720, 72 Zi'da

Darius was insistent on the tour, and the young woman was unwilling to dissuade him from it. In truth, she simply treasured the time with her new friend, and what they did with that time was less of a concern.

The docks were not unlike ports in other places, but each city had its unique flair. Scalvoris, from what she had seen, was much more centered around water and those types of industries, while Viden less so. It didn’t hamper her appreciation of them, though, and the purpose they served.

He told her about the docks collapse that happened in 718, and the young Videnese paid attention. Knowing about events like that, remembering them was essential to her. The collapse was part of the area’s history and identity and mattered. Significant events had a weight to them that propelled places forward in surprising and unusual ways, but they always left a mark.

Something about what he said stirred a memory within her. It took a few trills to recall where it came from, but soon enough, she knew. Turning to Darius, she smiled and told him about her memory. “I’ve heard about the collapse before. Or at least enough to know what a horrible thing it must have been.” One thing Elisabeth was always careful about was protecting people’s information. Vega had told her about the collapse, but it was Vega’s story to tell, not hers. Mentioning that she had heard things previous was enough in her mind.

Noting that she wished to visit the Garden of Remembrance and Thanks, their conversation turned to Elisabeth’s query. She hadn’t meant to derail the tour, but the fact was that she needed to talk to someone about what she had experienced, and the young mage didn’t know that many people in Scalvoris. The only other two she knew were involved, and it didn’t seem wise to prod that thread so soon, especially with Balthazar.

He answered her carefully, and that was something Elisabeth was very aware of. It was the tone of someone who knew what she was feeling, and for that, she was grateful.

Giving oneself a chance to breathe. It was undoubtedly sound advice. Darius used the water. He asked her if she had something similar that could help her. Thinking, she frowned a bit, trying to come up with an answer. “I did in Viden, but I knew Viden. I’m still learning Scalvoris. I meditate, but I think what you are describing goes deeper than that.” She didn’t want him to worry about her, though, so a soft hand slipped against his forearm, squeezing it. “Don’t worry. I’ll figure it out. I think it’s just going to take time for me to find my place here. I just wanted to ask you because I thought you would understand how I was feeling and have some good advice for me.”

word count: 515
Darius Baer
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:40 pm

Darius nodded silently when Elisabeth said she knew about the docks collapse. It had been a major event in Scalvoris Town, and it was still very fresh in the memory of most of the locals. But he wasn't sure how far the news had travelled beyond Scalvoris, but he knew that a number of people had come from other parts of Idalos to help in the wake of the collapse.

But if the Videnese had heard about it from a local, it spoke to the woman's ability to put others at ease. And, quite frankly, it wouldn't have surprised Darius in the slightest if that was precisely what had happened.

"Aye," he eventually spoke, his tone quiet and circumspect. "Scores of people died. Barely a Scalvorian was untouched. I would guess that every citizen of Scalv-Town lost someone, or knew someone who did."

The bearded mariner dropped his gaze, and for a few brief trills, he stared intently at the ripples of water as they gently threw themselves against the hull of a nearby cog. There was something calming and comforting about the ocean and the way in which it moved. Living things moved.

Darius' attention was brought back to the present by Elisabeth's situation, and his furrowed brow remained firmly in place as he patiently listened to what the brunette had to say. He watched her, too, studying her features in an attempt to sense what she might be thinking - or, at least, what she might be feeling.

"Actually, meditation might suffice," he offered with a quiet shrug, "although I can understand that Scalv-Town doesn't feel like home."

He paused in thought, the last word of his sentence lingering in his mind.

"You know, if you need a quiet place to process your thoughts, you could visit my home when I'm not there? It's up the hill and overlooks the Hollow Sea, Ishallr, Faldrass...it's very quiet, save for the sounds of nature."

Darius cocked an eyebrow, seemingly pleased with his suggestion.

"I could show you, if you like?"
word count: 358
Elisabeth Angelus
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:07 am

Arc 720, 72 Zi'da

Elisabeth listened to Darius’ words as they spoke of the docks collapse, but more importantly, the young woman listened to his body language. He said that very few Scalvorians were untouched by the tragedy, and she immediately knew watching him that he had been affected.

Equally, the young woman knew asking him about it or pressing for more information was not something she was willing to do then. They had built their relationship on a foundation of trust, and she wouldn’t risk fracturing it. He would tell her when he was ready. Of that, she was sure.

However, that didn’t mean she wouldn’t show compassion or support, and as such, when his gaze dropped and then found its way to the water, the young woman quietly slipped her arm through his, squeezing it softly and stood there with him, for as long as he needed to.

It was then that she decided to share something with him that was personal to her, wishing to bridge the divide a bit and show the blond sailor that she was willing to be vulnerable with him. Speaking softly, Elisabeth let her own eyes find their way to the water. “I was only an arc old when I was found outside the Viden gates, alone and in the snow. I don’t know anything about my lineage, where I’m from, or why someone abandoned me there. It’s a mystery that still haunts me to this trial. “

His words, when they moved on, provoked a few thoughts. Viden had been home for a long time. Rharne was a place of good memories for her but hadn’t yet ascended to ‘home’ status. Scalvoris was new and exciting, but she wasn’t staying. Regardless, Elisabeth needed to find an aspect that allowed her to relax while there. Something familiar and comforting.

Darius suggested his home, prompting her to look at him curiously but then thought about it. The problem with any other place beyond Balthazar’s home was that it was full of people she didn’t know, didn’t trust, and that wasn’t easy to contend with when one wanted to be alone with their thoughts.

Turning, she gave the blond a warm smile. “That sounds perfect. If it’s no trouble to you, that is. I would love to see your home.”

word count: 415

Return to “Scalvoris Town”