• Closed • Blind Date [Max]

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderator: Pegasus

Max
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: +509
Character Sheet
Secrets
Partner
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5
Medal count: 7

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Blind Date [Max]

Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:02 pm

Caramel eyes, sharp like tempered steel, settled sharply on Ellasin. This was it, her Ambrosia-addled mind recognized. This was the moment that they got down to business and into the nitty-gritty. Into the treachery, the bloodshed, and the comeuppance of an angry, motivated pair with a mutual enemy to topple.

Maxine's vice kicked the dark parts of her mind into high gear, propelling her thoughts toward an unorganized whirlwind of chaotic strategy designed to wreak pain and havoc in her spiteful wake. It was during that focused spiral, leaning toward the table, that Audrae rose from her chair in her dress of darkness and shadow. For all her power and grace, it wasn't her menacing, active presence that won back her favored's attention. It was the sharp, mocking laugh she offered with the words she spoke to Ellasin.

Like a blast of unexpected, harsh winter wind, the moment froze and Maxine gave pause. Her blood ran cold. The inkling that something wasn't quite...right entered her consciousness. The drum of war and death stopped mid-beat, and instead her million miles an hour brain slammed on its brakes. She glanced toward Audrae and then the other hooded woman sitting before her.

Wear the Empress?

Slowly, Maxine fell back in her seat.

Fuck.

The weight of a reality she knew on some subconscious level was slow to up-take in her mind. That wasn't much of a shock though. So blinded and driven by hatred and fury was she that there was no room in her vision for anything else. In only the span of a couple trills she knew. She knew before she knew. Brow furrowed and face falling, Max found her shadow patron with a hard, accusing gaze.

"You set me up," Max said with contempt. "I am no daughter of yours." She never had a mother. Not at any moment in time that she could remember. Always the orphan, she knew nothing of what it was like to have a present parent. But this? This was not what mothers were supposed to do. The disappointment didn't last. Her own mother gave her up and left her to find herself here, having walked down this fucked up path. She hoped that woman was dead. Maybe this was what mothers did. And like the mother Maxine had, Audrae too abandoned her to her fate.

Ellasin proved not to be Ellasin at all. Hood and illusion cast away, Maxine discovered it was no mage she parlayed. She'd never met Famula. Not even when she'd spent time in her Zuudaria or among her abhorrent champions and servants. This woman fit that role though like a glove, and the marked woman knew this was the divine patron Faith Augustine devoted her entire existence to. The same woman Carter served when he tried to drive a dagger into her throat, unwarranted. The one too cowardly to fight her own battles and decreed her friends took up arms instead.

"Done hiding, you craven little cunt?" Max spat her acid between bared teeth, seat moving back as the top of the box fell open. Threatening overtones coloring the meeting before had bubbled to a roaring boil at her surface. Pure, hot hate consumed her entirely. Her wild eyes caught sight of the black leather leash. Understanding once more delayed for a trill until she felt the etching around her neck. She knew not what the Immortal was doing, but she knew it was another attack upon her. A stare as desperate as it was violently vengeful locked onto Famula as she spoke of the leash, Kura, and commands.

She's right here! End it all now!

Maxine hurled the table from her way, spilling Ambrosia ash, the leash, and alcohol upon the floor. The furious ex-convict lunged toward the Immortal, glowing right fist hunting for Famula's true face. The only thing her knuckles connected with was the thin air her target seemed to vanish in. She stumbled forward, twisting and turning in place as if she expected the woman to still be hiding elsewhere in her lounge.

"No, no, no," Max repeated, furiously shaking her head. "Come back! I said come back, you red-eyed bitch! I see you! I see what you are! Come back!" A chair became the casualty of her kicking boot. Even as she carried on, fists clenched and expression that of a woman thirsting for blood, it was devastating loss she felt. An alliance with Ellasin in her efforts had one true goal.

In exchange for her betrayal, Maxine had been trying to buy the life of her friends. A contingency plan, should Faith's strategies fail. If the Necromancer's forces prevailed and those tied to the attempt on the ex-convict's life were slain? Well, that was just a bonus satisfaction. Now? Burned by Famula's camp long before this trial and without the alliance with Ellasin? She had nothing.

Maxine tossed the finished joint, and remembering the sensation on her neck, raised a hand to her throat. Her pounding feet took her to the bathroom to gaze into the mirror. When she did her jaw fell slack and her muscles tensed. A black, chain spiked collar tattoo had been given life on her skin. Her memories drifted back to the box, the leash, and Famula's decree that she would be commanded. Blood drained from her face. She was no fool to think this was like her run-ins with her own patron Immortals. This was no blessing. This was a cruel, unforgivable curse.

The mirror was shattered by a quick fist. Bottles came off the shelves of the bar next. Breaking glass and groaning furniture played the background symphony for slews of shouted profanities. No employee dared enter the business despite the havoc they heard inside. Those still lurking quietly took their leave. The front door was locked at some point during the violent tirade.

Even as Maxine destroyed her surroundings, surroundings that meant something deeply to her, the black leash found itself safely back in the box and unharmed. The discreet back door to The Red Hand was left unlocked. The thought to leave did not cross her mind. This was the only place she expected Nell to return to, and whether she realized it or not yet, she had Famula's command to fulfill.

word count: 1072
Kura Wolfsdotter
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Council Member
Renown: +164
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1
Medal count: 5

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:06 am

Kura had been out spying on the Scalvoris council, though with little luck at the moment, and had only just returned to Max's bar to check up on things when she saw the bars employees scattered out around it looking very nervous. Kura, under her Nell disguise, had been around enough for several of them to recognize her as a friend of Max's, or as close as the firebrand ever got to it, and they approached her nervously. "Nell, thank goodness. She's lost her mind, she's trashing the place and she locked the door!" the barkeeper said in a panic.

"Stay here." Kura said and she circled around to the back of the bar. Most people came and went by the front door, even employees, but Kura mostly used the back door to the Red Hand. It was discreet and away from the public eye, something Kura found very useful given the nature of her activities in Scalvoris. That one was unlocked and Kura made her way inside the bar, careful to look out for flying debris. As it turned out, it was fortunate that she was on her guard, as she just had time to see a Max throw a bottle at the door that Kura had just come through.

Ducking under the bottle, which shattered behind her, Kura looked around in shock at the state of the bar. "Max, would you calm down?" she said, her voice startled. Max, while incredibly volatile, had seemed to have a great deal of care for her establishment. Kura had even tried to coax Max into taking more of an active hand in the establishment, as she felt that managing such a grounded business might help Max learn to control her volatile temper and blunt the most volatile and self-destructive aspects of Max's nature. Getting a good look at Max, Kura noticed the tatoo of a collar around Max's neck and frowned. This had, evidently, been a bad time to be out of the Red Hand, judging by the look of things. "What happened?" she asked, a mixture of concern and genuine worry in her voice.
word count: 368
Max
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Secrets
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:23 am

Raving madness wasn’t a worthy description of the scene Kura had found herself walking into. This tantrum came from somewhere deep and primitive like an active volcano erupting in destructive fury when it could take no more pressure without retaliation on its exterior world. Perhaps it was best that the immediate object of her rage had vanished after she had done her damage. The only thing that could’ve quelled the ex-convict now was burying her gloved fists into Famula’s face until even her closest servants struggled to recognize her mangled form.

There was the vaguest flicker of regret in Maxine’s eyes as she became aware of Kura’s entrance, mostly because she’d hurled a bottle of swill dangerously close to the door she’d entered. It didn’t last. At her direction, Max paused with a bottle of half-finished rum in her bloodied hand.

”Calm down?” A nearly maniacal laugh escaped from her, half doubling her over before she recovered and took another drink of her vice. “Calm down?!” Her boots crunched over the glass as she made her way toward the disguised Councilwoman. The inevitable inquiry for what happened came and Max was happy to oblige. “Just take a fuckin’ seat. I’m about to tell you some shit you’re not gonna like.”

Max roughly shoved a chair toward the woman with her foot, sending the bruised piece of furniture groaning across the wood floor. Whether Kura took it or left it, she didn’t care. Reeking of alcohol and neck marred with blood around the wretched tattoo she couldn’t scratch away, she was about to spill the truth. All of it.

”After I walked out, I came back here to keep doing what we were doing,” she started bitterly, searching for a way to summarize the important bits. “Blackwood had sent me a letter about Leshlie, so I followed the lead. Turned out Blackwood had been onto something. Leshlie was a mole in your council. I leveraged her into contacting her husband. I figured he was on the other end. I was wrong.”

Another dark laugh. A pause. A new fire lit in her dark eyes, and a twitch of a mirthless smirk crossed her lips briefly.

“Some Zuuda bastard showed first out of thin air. I still don’t know how he did it. I didn’t even know the fucker was there until I felt his dagger in my neck. We both know who's doing the fucking commanding from that front, so don't you go god damn defending her or I will lose my fucking shit! I'm supposed to be dead. Instead, Leshlie’s contact showed: Ellasin.” Saying it aloud was somehow more hilarious than the ironic thought of it all. The villain everyone despised and demonized had been her salvation. “Big Bad Ellasin paralyzed Faith’s toy soldier. I killed him. When she paralyzed me too, she made me an offer I couldn’t refuse. Can't say it was a hard yes to give considering.”

Her fingers tightened around the neck of the bottle she held. The hilarity of it all vanished. Blood oozed from the bright red skin of her irritated neck. The place where Carter pierced the skin of her throat was a deep red, newly healed scar.

“We were supposed to meet here to negotiate and strategize,” Max explained, an angry void consuming her voice. “Ellasin’s face showed, but it wasn’t her. I realized that too late.” Max dropped in a heavy, small heap in the nearby corner with her elbows resting on her knees. She leaned her head back against the wall. “I bear her mark. She called me ‘daughter.’ And in the same breath, Audrae set me up with the same bitch whose little servant came damn close to finishing me. Famula was gone before I could kill her. I tried, too. But not before this.”

Max gestured to the black chain spiked collar tattoo. She lifted her bottle to her lips and finished its contents in one long pull. Once empty she dropped it haphazardly to the floor beside her.

“And now she tells me this is yours,” the cursed ex-convict murmured with contempt. The heel of her boot struck the box, sending it sliding across the floor toward Kura.

The command followed, she nearly felt relief. It was quickly replaced by anxiety. She had a suspicion that Famula had sought to make a mockery of the ties that bound her. Yet how exactly that manifested, she didn’t quite know.

word count: 768
Kura Wolfsdotter
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:38 am

Max's reaction to being told to calm down was not unexpected, but Max was willing to explain, so Kura took the chair Max had semi-kicked to her and stood it up to sit next to the bar. The explanation about Leshlie wasn't exactly unexpected and Kura shrugged at the mention. "Figured she was in someone's pocket. I was bankin' on the bitch over at the Logging Consortium, but I guess she hadn't been as ditched by her husband as we thought." she mused, before raising an eyebrow at what followed, her eyes turning gold as the story progressed.

As Max kept talking, Kura's frown increasingly turned to a scowl, which was broken up by an exasperated look and a sigh when Max mentioned that Ellasin had set up a later meeting. However, when Max mentioned Famula and Audrae, Kura's expression went blank, though Max would likely be able to see some indicators that Kura was doing it to suppress that her feelings had become rather mixed when Max had brought up the Immortals. When the firebrand kicked over the box, however, Kura's initial reaction was to recoil from it as if it had contained a living and rather large slug.

After a moment, though, she bent down and gingerly picked up the box. Upon opening it, however, she gave a noise of contempt and disgust before slamming the lid shut and setting the box on the bar. "Somethin' like that, and yet Famula claims that she never had a connection to the slave trade. Never trust a Daughter of Cierel to be honest or open-handed." she growled, her voice echoing with the cries of owls due to her barely suppressed rage. She gave the box another look of contempt, then turned back to Max.

"That, unless I am mistaken, gives me some measure of unilateral control over you. I suspect that if I were to give you an order, you would find yourself compelled to obey. And for added fun, it's likely mandatory. If I don't use it, it's liable to find someone else to give power over you." she said, shaking her head. "Likely indestructible as well, if Famula hasn't gotten both stupid and lazy." she said, before leaning back in her chair and looking at Max with an expression that couldn't quite decide if it was anger or exasperation.

"That said, you have dug yourself rather a deep hole. Famula's agents attemptin' to act on my own while her and I are allies is a rather egregious oversteppin' of the bounds. Your transgressions while on Scalvonite soil are mine to deal with." she said, taking out her pipe and filling it with tobacco. "However, unless I miss my mark, you were holdin' a knife to an infant when he stepped in, yeah? That little incident was reported to me near the beginnin' of the season. Along with the news that Ellasin was defeated last season. Apparently, she's lost her Spark and has spent the intervinin' time in extreme withdrawals at the very least. Just our rewards for bein' out of touch, we get all the news late." she said, giving a tight and entirely humorless smile.

Lighting her pipe, Kura paused and gave the box another look, clearly thinking about something. Then she turned back to Max. "No knowin' how sensitive that thing is. I don't want to use it accidentally. So, for the time bein', we're goin' to use questions, yeah? You said you made a deal with Ellasin. Would you tell me what it is that she offered you, that was enough to get you to stab me in the back? she said, her voice surprisingly calm given the nature of that last sentence.
word count: 643
Max
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Secrets
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:39 pm

Kura seemed about as displeased as Max was about the contents of the box. That felt like a small victory to her, at least. That sensation was quickly diminished in the face of The Owl's logical assessment. A leash and a collar had one purpose: to control. Like an untamed mutt, Famula apparently though it amusing to assign a master to break her. The irony over who was chosen to serve that role wasn't lost on her. Not one bit. As Kura explained the most probable power the leash held over her, the ex-convict's ire drained with the worrisome furrow of her brow.

Her freedom was being stolen from her. Again.

Maxine's dark stare settled on the object of her panic.

Indestructible? Yeah. Alright. We'll test that theory.

At the mention of her supposed crimes warranting action, the cursed woman rolled her eyes. The politician missed her mark, but she didn't land off target. "It was a temporary leverage until I had Leshlie under control," she scoffed, brushing off the confession of using a vulnerable pawn in the grander game. She raised her head to regard Kura steadily, shying away from anything but the truth. "I was holding a knife to Leshlie when he tried to kill me, making a new advantage. The little spawn was back in the crib by then." Maxine didn't see why it mattered anyways. Even if her knife hand slipped, putting an end to that family line should've earned her a medal.

Mention of Ellasin's defeat elicited the briefest flicker of surprise upon the ex-convict's face. Her head slowly shook and her body sunk heavier against the wall. The lines of communication were too delayed. If she'd known Ellasin had fallen a Spark-less loser on the field, maybe she would've seen through the Immortal game she'd unwillingly become a participant in. Maybe. The past had become as permanent as the collar around her neck. No amount of wishing could change it now.

But if I catch you, Ellasin...

The scent of smoking tobacco gently wafted from the end of the newly lit pipe. Its familiarity was almost a comfort. That, and the fact Kura intended on letting her speak on her own volition rather than give the leash a test run. So calm did she start her interrogation, Maxine nearly missed the bite in her words. The cursed woman frowned. She'd slowly come to find the oddities within the disposition of a politician. Sometimes it was the chosen word, not its delivery, that betrayed the feelings at bay. Maxine was illiterate, but she could read between the lines of curiosity. Especially when the accusation was of such personal treachery.

"Would you tell me what it is that she offered you, that was enough to get you to stab me in the back?"

"You," Max answered in a tone both soft and final. Saying it aloud felt like regurgitating hot acid. She turned over her bloody palm and let the back of her hand rest on the top of her bent knee. The thumb of the other hand began to slowly rub at the drying stain. She adjusted her jaw and glanced once toward the wretched box. The career criminal had been a liar her whole life. She lied to herself as much as anyone else, and she used her vices to help make it easier to accomplish. The title of traitor was new, but it had been flung in her face enough for her to wear that skin, too.

Maybe it was the weight of the unforgivable curse that wore her down, or the threat of the leash looming like an ax over her neck. Whatever it was, business cleared and doors locked, The Red Hand was earning more volunteered confession than a crowded church. She hated that too.

"I knew I was fucked," she began to elaborate quietly, still busying her attention with rubbing her palm clean. "I thought I pulled off what I was sent to do: find and expose the traitor here. I had Leshlie. I didn't realize it, but I maybe had Ellasin too. I was so...close. They needed to just let me do my fuckin' job or, I don't know, back me up. Faith. Famula. I don't even know anymore. One of them gave the nod. He failed, but I knew from being on the inside that the Zuuda were everywhere. Them. The Lightning Knights. Elements. Run or stay, someone would find me. I wasn't going to get that lucky twice. I knew I was probably done. And then there was Ellasin."

She dropped her head back against the wall and abandoned her vain, idle fidget. Max shrugged, "I found a contingency plan with her. In exchange for information, she agreed to spare Blackwood when she finally launched her campaign. No acts by the Coven would touch her, or the deal was broken. We were supposed to plan here to-trial. I thought I was trading up again: your life for whatever she wanted me to do with that box. Fucking joke's on me, huh?"

Dark caramel eyes studied the old ceiling for a couple silent moments. Her hand absently rubbed at her neck. Something seemed to occur to her, and her face leveled to meet Kura's stare again.

"I never trusted her," the raven-haired criminal clarified firmly. "I had every intention of standing on the wrong side of that battlefield to honor my word. If she broke hers, I was going to kill her from behind her own lines. Odds were good I was dead anyways. I didn't have anything to lose." Her one leg bounced while her mind replayed the events leading up to her betrayal. "I won't apologize."

After all, the only way to keep from watching the two of them die was to make sure they didn't, wasn't it?

word count: 1002
Kura Wolfsdotter
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:32 am

Kura huffed as Max explained that she had never meant to harm the infant, and that the infant had in fact been back in the crib when everything went south. "I'm sure your unspoken plan would have been of great comfort if Leshlie had called for backup and you'd have had to fight off a squad of thugs with an infant in your arms. And yes, I'd have expected you to keep the baby alive, seein' as you were the one that got involved in that business in the first place. Morality issues aside, as that's a whole 'nother debate I don't feel like havin' right now, you should know how I feel about sub-par workmanship, and if you managed to sneak through the whole island to get to my door, you shouldn't have needed a hostage to deal with a bloody receptionist." she said, her tone irritated. Max's skewed morality was something Kura did want to address, but that was a longer task. Max performing below standards, however, was a problem that could be addressed much more immediately. Perhaps she'd have Pierce teach Max some tricks, depending on how things played out.

As Max started to explain what Ellasin offered, Kura went quiet again as she listened to the firebrand explain what the terms of her deal had been, and by the time she was done, Kura couldn't quite seem to decide what emotion she was feeling the most strongly at the moment. Finally, she let out a small laugh. "Well, it's nice to know you care." she said, with some warmth to her voice. Then her expression sharpened again and she frowned. "Ellasin is a Webspinner, a Champion of Sintra, the Immortal of Manipulation. She saw you as an easy mark, and you played right into her hands. In all likelyhood, at best, she'd have turned me and Sephira into undead thralls and given us to you as her "kept word". At worst, once she had access to all the dead in Zuuda, she'd have killed you and made you a part of her army as well, an undead creature forever bound to her will. Either way, she was never going to call you to that battle, you'd be too unreliable for her tastes, being alive and all that." Kura said, her tone bordering on harsh.

Then her expression softened slightly. "It is important that you understand, Max. You are not weak, and you're good at survivin', but you're impulsive and if you don't learn to control it, you'll suffer for it. This could have easily cost you far more than your life." she said, before looking at the box with the leash. "Knowin' how you feel, it may well already have. Not even I can undo what Famula did to you, and the leash is just a physical token to make the thing more clear, like as not. Even destroyin' it, if it can be done, is unlikely to free you." she said, a subdued note in her voice. After a moment, Kura turned back to Max and leaned forward. "Max, do you believe that I keep my given word?" she asked, her tone intent.
word count: 553
Max
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Secrets
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:46 am

Max rolled her eyes at Kura's scolding. In all fairness, she wasn't wrong about the lack of planning that went into confronting Leshlie. She'd never admit it, but she was strung way the hell out when she got inside that house. Logic hadn't been driving her. Emotion had. Picking up Orrick's child and sticking a knife to his throat hadn't been entirely thoughtless. Max had been banking on Leshlie finding herself shackled by emotion, too. Mothers, at least good ones, were supposed to do anything for their child. Even lay down their weapon and bend to an intruder's will. That much she'd managed to calculate correctly. The rest she'd left affectionately up to complete and utter chaos.

"We both know she was a little more than a receptionist," Max grumbled irritably. She'd seen Leshlie with Orrick in that hall filled with mages. If she and the Diri of Destruction had killed the two of them in their massacre then, she probably would've been saved considerable trouble later. Then again, that memory was odd and dream-like. Maybe Leshlie was a mage only in that muddled memory. In any case, there was no denying the inkling had driven her careful steps of insanity in that house.

Max resigned to come off the floor and lean against the wall instead. Arms folded and brow knit when Kura's tone changed, accusing her of caring. "I didn't say that," she snapped quickly. The sharpness returned to her in kind as the more calculated of the pair began to explain all the fallacies in her actions. One after another, The Owl dropped reason and logic with a heavy-handed knowing that nearly made her wince. The truth was, Max had only the foresight to see limited outcomes.

Each was simplified by winners and losers. If Faith beat Ellasin, it was the best case scenario in the grand scheme of things. If Ellasin beat Faith, it was the worst case scenario. She already assumed the latter meant a mass conversion of people into mindless thralls. A deal with an untrustworthy devil only hoped to mitigate the chances a select few could be spared. Still, someone voicing the images of what she'd tried to avoid set her blood aflame.

Maxine moved from the wall quicker than she should've, lip curled and muscles tense. She didn't say a word though in her defense. While her brain numbed in its ire over thoughts of betrayal, corpses, and wars already won and lost, the cursed woman merely flipped a nearby chair upright and took to it. Her foot bounced on the stained floor while she listened.

Impulsive?

Her lips parted to shoot down that assessment, but a glance at the destroyed lounge made her think the better. The evidence of the accusation was literally surrounding them as they spoke. She bit her lip instead and crossed her arms. She caught Kura's gaze drift toward the box. Her eyes widened in kind and quickly followed, her foot pausing in its tapping until it appeared the politician wasn't making a move for the leash. She relaxed slightly in her seat. The words that kept coming continued to be anything but comforting. The manifestation of this punishing curse continued to be deeper than she had yet processed.

"Shit," she sighed, dropping her head into her hands. Famula had done this to her. Famula and Audrae. Her suspicions were right. She was cursed, and that curse was linked to the holder of the leash. She was cursed to be beholden to someone, and the only silver lining in sight was who had been chosen to hold that right. There needed to be a plan. There had to be some way to shake the ties that bound her, but the leash couldn't be destroyed. Even if it could, she would not be free. She was a prisoner again. A slave. Impulsive reaction lent her one acceptable solution. There could only be one thing to do.

"I'm going to kill her, Kura," she vowed darkly through grit teeth. "I'm gonna kill Famula." She sat up again, running her hands down her face. She willed panic to leave the shores of her racing, wound-up thoughts. It was an eerie, familiar feeling. It was almost reminiscent of her first trial in Level Seven. The darkness, the sound, and the horde of danger waiting to swallow her before she ever saw daylight again. It was the hopeless feeling of being trapped. She only knew how to rage against it.

"Max, do you believe that I keep my given word?"

The ex-convict paused. Slowly, she drew her hands away from her face and peered up. She found the politician eyeing her intently. Max slowly sat back against the back of the chair. She was silent for a time, caramel eyes hunting The Owl's expression for deception. That leg bounced again. Then it stopped as a smooth sigh slipped from her.

"Yeah," Max conceded reluctantly. The tension softened from her frame. "Yeah, I do."

word count: 857

Return to “Scalvoris Town”