Closed Something wicked this way comes.....

Once an isolated and dying township, an influx of academics, adventurers and thrill seekers have made Scalvoris Town their home. From scholars' tea shops to a new satellite campus for Viden Academy, this is an exciting place to visit or make your home!

Moderator: Pegasus

Zana
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Living a libertine lifestyle.
Renown: +114
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 6
Medal count: 6

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Something wicked this way comes.....

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:29 pm

10th Ymiden, 719

"I'm bored," Zana said, leaning back in the bed they shared. It probably wasn't quite the perfect time for him to hear that, but it could have been worse. With a slight glance to him, she almost acknowledged as much. "I didn't say it three minutes ago." She briefly lifted a hand to his cheek and smiled, "do understand, dear heart, I wasn't bored then." Yes, that was a compliment and she was sure that he understood that. Or, if he didn't, then it really wasn't her issue. Zana unentangled herself from him, then made her way out to get a drink. "Whiskey?" She called back, "or.. Brandy?" She thought brandy all things considered. Pouring a glass for him and a whiskey for herself - which she'd swap if he wasn't predictable - and thus, either way, she appeared to know him well, Zana padded back into the room and, handing him his drink, sat on the bed.

"This place that you've brought me to looks vile, and I hate it," she said with a smile. "I would hate you, too, but I am quite pleased that you and I escaped our spouses and can be ... well, being your sister was rather dull." Sipping her drink, Zana leaned forward and kissed him softly, her nose brushing his as her ice-blue eyes looked at him. "So, I forgive you. Which I think," she whispered, a smile tugging at her lips, "is remarkably generous of me. " So saying she nipped - mostly lightly - at his lower lip and sat back. "However, I am still bored. So, I have an idea."

Leaning back, Zana stretched her legs out in front of her and examined them for a moment. Long, slender legs, well-shaped and attractive feet and, of course, pretty toes with perfectly shaped nails. As she wiggled said toes, Zana considered herself to be most fortunate indeed, and sent a prayer of thanks to her Immortal father for the wondrous biology which meant that she had such marvellous limbs. As her perfect-in-her-own-eyes toes wiggled, Zana smiled and then turned to Theo. "Oh, stop fussing, I didn't even draw blood. I used to charge extra for drawing blood, you know," her chuckle told the truth of her words.

"I've decided that we've become sedate. Sedentary. You, my sweet darling, are growing chubby," alongside her excellent legs, Zana had (in her own mind) exquisite arms and the finger which poked him in the stomach had the benefits of being a sharp and well-aimed digit. "Married life has turned you soft. Whereas I have, of necessity, had to endure enormous hardships and it has turned me into a tough and steadfast individual. So, I propose that we deal with my being bored by a change of job." She'd been building up to this and she beamed at him in delight as she announced it.

"I think we should become adventurers and treasure hunters! Go on expeditions and explorations, tame the savage wilderness," with an entirely innocent expression, she added. "And, of course, have sex in the most dangerous places we can find. What do you think, dear heart?"

It was a marvellous idea, she was quite sure. What could possibly go wrong!?
Your mouth, so hot. My web, you're caught.
Our skin, so wet. Black lace, on sweat.
word count: 596
Theo Nji'Ryn
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Whatever the Whim
Renown: +83
Character Sheet
Secrets
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 7
Medal count: 1

Contribution

Re: Something wicked this way comes.....

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:14 pm

"How quickly they forget," Theo responded dryly to Zana's declaration, and with a crooked grin he didn't bother trying to conceal, he rolled onto his back and propped his head up on his forearms. Her correction afterwards made little difference. "Used up and cast aside. Poor me." And just to be contrary for the sake of it, as she rolled out of bed and padded away, he called out to her, "Whiskey. Brandy's for after supper." It was true for some but not for him. Brandy would do, no matter the time of the trial.

Sitting up in the bed, he reached to the night table and picked up a flat leather case, flicked it open with his thumb, drew out a cigarillo, snipped the tip and lit it. "Oh I don't know. The place has a certain charm doesn't it?" Theo asked while Zana admired her toes, and he considered the place they were now calling home. At least for the time being. "I heard talk down in the bar last night however...Apparently slavery is frowned upon." He didn't bother sharing his thoughts on how ridiculous the policy was. Zana he knew would be in complete agreement. Some people were born to serve others. It was what they excelled at. What use would freedom be to them then? "We'll have to do something about that." he added, referring to the slaves they'd brought with them.

"Not as dull as matrimony," he argued when she referenced the time they'd spent posing as siblings. At least when they were out in the open. As a reference to the woman who had been his wife, he tapped an ash away and leaned his head back on the pillow. "A cold fish if there ever was one. Surprised me really, which is surprising in itself." Having grown up in and survived the mean streets of the Dust Quarter in Rharne, Theo wasn't an easy one to get the jump on, and his sense of others was pretty damned good. Idly, he lifted a finger and rubbed his lower lip a little. When she said he should stop fussing, he argued, "You bit me." It might even leave a scar.

He ignored the chubby comment, for the lie that it was. He might not be one to go jogging at sunrise or spend his trials sparring with blades to stay fit. He didn't need to. He had Zana, and her Immortal father to thank for that. Besides, what was more worrisome, was that Zana had an idea. "That's always a dangerous thing. Will I like it?" Dangerous alone wasn't enough to dissuade him. In fact, sometimes the more danger, the more potential for power, position and profit. But..."Adventurers and treasure hunters?" he asked incredulously, and choked on his drink in the process. 'You're joking, right?"

Apparently Zana was dead serious. Of course there were plenty of dangerous sounding places in and around Scalvoris. Hot and humid jungles filled with cannibals and giant snakes. Ice caves that a man could lose himself and never come out of again in one piece... "Zana, it takes you breaks to get ready for an evening out. And if you've broken a nail it starts all over again." He might have been exaggerating, but Theo was pretty sure that he wasn't. And of course, he'd do just fine out in the wilds. How bad could it be? Treasure of all kinds however, that part sounded intriguing, even promising. "You're serious?" he asked again.
word count: 604
Every crowd has a silver lining.
Zana
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:06 pm

10th Ymiden, 719

"I knew you'd say that," she replied, when he called out about the drink. Swapping hands before re-emerging, she smiled, sweetly. "You're so predictable Theo. Honestly, I don't know what I see in you." She'd never quite got over telling him she loved him and, as such, Zana was more unkind than usual. She had to be, she had to get her revenge on him for making her have feelings. Damn him, it was always biqaj men. Always. So, she called him chubby and bit him. It had been thus since Viden, really. Zana was more than sure that he didn't understand why, had no idea that she was annoyed at him for making her have feelings for him. Being a man, after all, he had so little idea of anything.

Ever.

As for the slaves, Zana shrugged slightly. "Well, we'll just have to tell them they're free, pay them a pittance and that's that. I take it that maintaining social order by giving people gainful employment and ensuring that they are looked after," who Zana ever looked after might be a question worthy of a rousing debate, but she was too stubborn, or too deluded to consider it. "That works, yes?" She turned ice-blue eyes to him and Zana's expression was ~ as so very often ~ almost impossible to determine. However, when he cried foul at her biting him, she chuckled. "Please, if you didn't enjoy a little pain, why ever would you be with me?" Putting her glass down, Zana nestled against his shoulder, positioning herself comfortably in his arms. For just a moment ~ not a long one ~ she was still. That was rare, too, but then she knew that her idea was something of a bombshell and she was letting him simply digest it.

Then, after choking quietly on his whiskey, he questioned her. Zana lifted her head and turned to look at him. "Theo, you seem to forget that I have been alive for three times as long as you, you sweet child." It annoyed him when she was patronizing, she knew that. "And I can assure you that, should I break a nail, it is a crisis of massive proportions. However, I have lived in a number of very extreme situations," once, dinner had been late by a whole two breaks, after all. "Besides," she added, with a slight but genuinely wicked grin. "I predict that you will be much more of a squealing girlie-girl than me. I recall that I protected you in the back streets of Rharne, after you took me to that dreadful place, do you recall? With the sweaty men fighting each other." It hadn't been all bad, all things considered.

"Think about it, Theo. It will be exciting, interesting. Although, I see how it is." Zana was a very talented woman, in fairness. She could sing beautifully, she had been an inordinately talented prostitute and she could seduce a eunuch; and one of her many talents was, she had 'the pout' down to a fine art. Her lower lip protruded just sufficiently for her to look utterly sad. The slight moisture in her eyes must have been a trick of the light, of course, and her chin didn't quiver just a touch. "Am I so hideous to you, dearest heart, that the prospect of lovemaking in exotic places with me is just of no interest to you?" Zana lifted a hand to her brow, drama in every gesture. Then, she smiled. "Well, let me put it another way. I'm going to become a treasure hunter. You're invited, but the invitation is time limited and about to run out. You in?"

Her lower lip stuck out just a little as she asked. Sulky, Zana Delroth could do and then some.

[/quote]
word count: 689
Theo Nji'Ryn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Secrets
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:40 pm

She didn't know what she saw in him? "Your own reflection in my eyes?" Theo quipped with a somewhat lopsided grin, and an unapologetic one at that. The comeback, if it had been any other woman, might have landed him with a drink in his lap. But it was their way. He gave as good as he got, and she did the same. It was part of the charm, that of them together. And Theo knew very well that she was annoyed that he'd managed to get under her skin. It pleased him, knowing that. And though he didn't say it, the same could be said of Zana, for him. But there were far worse things than being enthralled to, and loving a woman like this.

"It works," he said, as for her compromise regarding the pair of slaves he'd purchased for her back in Viden. "They'll be grateful for whatever we give them. And besides, if you're determined to do this...adventuring thing, we'll need someone to carry our gear and supplies." Immortals forbid he was forced to carry all of the unnecessary paraphernalia she'd inevitably insist on taking along. Although, Theo hadn't yet agreed and still considered it to be a hair-brained scheme...One born on a feminine whim.

Three times as long as him, though? "That just means you're longer in the tooth than me, Zana," he pointed out as he drained his tumbler in one gulp and put it down on the nightstand. Although it was true that no matter how long she lived, she'd never grown older and her shine would tarnish...not at all. Then again, it wasn't something Theo gave a second thought to. He lived in the moment, and so did she. Besides, everyone knew that men got better and more desirable with age. So long as they were rich and powerful. He intended to be.

"That doesn't work on me. You know that," he said sternly when Zana's lower lip crept out just enough to make her more kissable. Among other things. And though Theo was far from being a pushover, Zana knew very well that it did work, at least more of the time than not. It's how she'd gotten half of the jewels and silks in her vast collection. So far as his interest was concerned, he snorted quietly as he snuffed out his cigarillo. "Any time, any place. Though I can think of much more interesting places than in the middle of a tangled, sweaty jungle where everything living or half dead, probably wants to kill you. And half of those at least want to devour the remains." But it appeared that regardless, they were to become adventuring treasure seekers.

"Of course I'm in, but we can't just go traipsing off without some preparations. Got a pen and paper?" he asked. They'd need a list. "We'll need to outfit ourselves accordingly. Clothing, boots...A hat. I need a good leather hat," Theo decided. Then they'd need maps and a tent, a sleeping back, campfire gear. The list would be a long one without a doubt. "And something to keep the insects off," he added, knowing that whatever he managed to overlook, Zana would think of instead.
word count: 560
Zana
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:03 am

10th Ymiden, 719

"Of course it doesn't work, I know that," Zana said, with just a slight sigh. Pain-filled, anguished eyes met his and she oh-so-very-bravely blinked away her tears. "You are unmoved by my pain, unconcerned by my vulnerabilities. I understand but Theo... I don't have to like it." She sounded, in fairness, entirely serious. When he spoke of the jungle, though, Zana's eyes flashed with quite a different emotion. She placed two fingers on his chest and "walked" them up his torso, one step with every word. "Sweaty, tangled," her eyes were on his and she smiled as the familiar colours swirled again. "hot.. sticky.. humid.. exotic and.. oh..." that last as her fingers reached his chin, and she leaned forward to kiss him softly on the lips. "oh, so very dangerous." She was practically purring by the final word but, once she'd kissed him and lingered in that kiss a little while, she turned and retrieved her drink.

Of course he was in? Zana smiled to herself but hid it behind the glass she lifted to her lips. However, her gaze quickly turned rather disbelieving as she heard his next question. "Pen and parchment? Why ever would I have that? Dear heart, you're the brains, I'm the beauty, remember?" Putting her glass down, she raised her hands and clapped them together and one of the slaves they'd brought - she could never remember their names - appeared immediately. "Fetch a pen and paper?" Zana said and the slave dropped a curtsey and left. "If it wasn't dull because we've done it before, she'd make an excellent whore, you know.Well, I know you know, but," possessive and exclusive? Two things Zana Delroth was not.

Frankly, they both sounded like dreadfully dull ideas.

The moments that the slave was out of the room, Zana spent contentedly brushing her hair. It was, after all, one of her favourite things to do. Then, when the slave offered her the paper and pen, Zana waved her hand, gesturing that the human woman should make the list. "A hat. Two hats. One each. I think I'd suit a hat, don't you? Suitable clothing. Oh, I can make an insect repellant - with alchemy. Anything else?" Oh, she thought and then said. Food. Something to sleep on and in. Um.

Then, Zana hit upon an absolutely wonderful idea. "I know! I bet you there are shops here that sell equipment and.. hats.. and things. Lets go find one!"

Like a young child, all enthusiasm and excitement, Zana tugged at his arm - she wasn't above pulling him out of bed - then, she started grabbing the clothes they'd discarded on their way to the bed. When it was his, she flung it at him, when it was hers, she pulled it on. "I know there is! It's called the Spirit of Adventure and we have to go there. Come on Theo."

As she pulled on a blouse, deftly buttoning it up and somehow, managed to look like she'd spent half a day getting ready, she grinned. "I hope you've got your wallet?"
word count: 575
Theo Nji'Ryn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Secrets
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:53 pm

Unmoved by her pain? As Zana swiped at the crocodile tears on her cheek, Theo snorted in amusement and shook his head. Any other man would have been completely taken in. He knew her far too well for that. Nonetheless, "Such drama," he said, sitting up and swinging his feet the floor, the sheet tangled around him. "You'd have made a fine prospect for the stage. Still might in fact," he added, in case this whole adventuring thing didn't work out, and they ever decided to opt for a thespian's life.

But for all that he wasn't buying the quivering lip and eyes gleaming with tears not yet shed, Theo wasn't immune to her charms. Neither was he unmoved, as she was sure to have noticed. And then she was out of reach again. "How could I have forgotten," he said dryly when his request for quill and paper went over like a wall of bricks. But that was exactly why they needed the slaves. Among other things. And yes, he did know what those other things were; those useful things that would make it a hardship, were they forced to give them up. He knew them intimately in fact.

So with the parchment in hand, he began making their list. Hats, clothing, food, water, things to carry it all in. First aid kits. Extra rope. A climbing kit and a spelunking kit because one never knew. Sleeping bag, tents...."Who knew venturing into the wilderness required so much stuff?" Theo remarked as he watched the list grow longer. "Lantern," he remembered belatedly, and added it after throwing on the shirt that Zana had tossed at him, and then he began the hunt for his trousers and boots.

He did in fact have his wallet, once he'd discovered and fished it out from behind the sofa. And clearly he was going to need it. With Zana, it wasn't so much the length of the list but the quality required. Luckily his finances were in very good order. And truth told, it probably didn't pay to go into the wilderness on the cheap. A grappling hook was only as reliable as the quality of the steel it was made with. And he'd rather not discover that the bargain they'd made on equipment, wasn't nearly as desirable once your life depended on it. At any rate, it wasn't long before they'd purchased all that they needed.
word count: 417

Return to “Scalvoris Town”