[Scaltoth Jungle] The One With Fire, Ice, Song, Soul...and a Ferret?

Tracking Induks - what possibly could go wrong?

From Tried's Mouth to the mysterious Tower, the waters around Scalvoris and the island itself hold a vast array of secrets, just ripe for discovery. Here are landmarks, jungles, mountains, forests and islands of note.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 900
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

[Scaltoth Jungle] The One With Fire, Ice, Song, Soul...and a Ferret?

Arc 722, 54 Ymiden

It had already been quite the trial, and what Elisabeth didn't know was that it would get a lot more interesting as it wore on.

Elisabeth, needing to get to Scalvoris Town for some settlement business and shopping, had mentioned her trip to Vega. The result was an invitation to fly there with her and Darius. Both had their own business to attend to, and the young woman wasn't about to turn down quality time spent with friends. Besides, anything that cut time off from her trip was a plus.

The journey had been pleasant; Elisabeth loved flying! Ever since her first experience with Sivan, Prae's Kheledzan, she had loved being in the skies. The mission to Ishallr that had introduced her to the Sohr Khal was also exciting. She was slightly envious of people with flying mounts, secretly hoping that she'd have one of her own some trial. It would undoubtedly make moving around the island more manageable, cutting down the time she needed to be away from the settlement. That's what her logical mind told her, but then again…..flying!

She was well aware of the existence of dragonlings, but knowing about them and flying on one were two entirely different things. As they winged their way to the Scalvoris mainland, Elisabeth studied everything she could about Vega's dragonling, filing questions away to ask at a more appropriate time. As a future flying mount owner, she keenly felt responsible for being as prepared as possible. Prae suffered Elisabeth's curiosity often on the subject, and hopefully, Vega would be just as amused and patient.

After being dropped off, Darius and Elisabeth went about their trial, taking care of things that needed to be done. For some errands, they were together, and others were done separately, but they always met back up before moving on to the next thing.

One such meeting occurred near the harbor. Elisabeth had been staring out at the water for a time as Darius approached when something caught her eye. It was a way out, and she hadn't been looking directly in that direction, but the flicker of movement caused her to adjust her gaze.

Was that….Faldrass and Ishallr?

Whatever greeting Darius made wasn't returned and instead met with silence as she tried to puzzle out what she was seeing, blinking a bit to make sure it wasn't a trick of her eyes. Both had seen the Induks before, having been in their presence during the Forging. Faldrass was the Induk that inhabited the island Elisabeth and Darius lived on and to whom Darius and Balthazar were Forged of. Ishallr was an island in the same area of the Hollow Sea as Ishallr – Elisabeth could see its outline from Haven – and the Induk that inhabited that island, she was Forged of.

And now, they were out for a stroll?

Somehow, it appeared they were cutting through the sea, and the only logical destination was land.

Finally, she pointed the direction of the Induks to Darius. "Are you seeing what I'm seeing?"

Whatever his answer was, Elisabeth was in motion. Curiosity was a beast, and within Elisabeth, a big, giant ugly beast. Being Ice Forged was an incredible honor, and since the Forging, she had tried to respect that connection with Scalvoris in many ways. To her knowledge, only an exceptional circumstance would draw the Induks away from their….homes? Elisabeth had no better word, so she ran with that one for the time being.

"Come on! Let's see what they are doing!"

Pulling her bag off her shoulder, Elisabeth rummaged until she found the 'Joy' scroll that linked her and Vega. She needed to communicate to Vega where they had gone, and while the scroll was supposed to be used for the purpose of the child, Elisabeth knew Vega would understand.

"Faldrass and Ishallr going to Scaltoth. Darius and I followed."

Elisabeth, who always traveled prepared these trials, stowed the scroll, readjusted her bag and weapon, and took off towards the outskirts of Scalvoris Town.

Both Elisabeth and Darius were in top shape, so making good time as they tracked the Induks' path wasn't as challenging as it would be for others. It became apparent after a time that she had been right in her assessment. Even so, they needed to be smart about it.

As the trees of mysterious Scaltoth rose in the far off distance, Elisabeth slowed her pace a bit, realizing that isn't a pushing the pace wasn't going to get any additional positive results. That and the need to figure out what to do next. Scaltoth was a dangerous place. Balthazar's stories of his adventures there were enough to give her pause. She wouldn't put Darius in danger to sate her curiosity, but he was Forged too, and his own man. They would discuss and decide what to do together once they arrived.

Stopping finally, Elisabeth would offer him a drink from her enchanted decanter A beautiful and very delicate-looking decanter - Item will once a trial create pure, clear water. The decanter is actually very tough and will hold up to four servings. Those who drink this water will have any negative effects from tiredness, tension etc, washed away with the drink. It leaves you feeling refreshed and clear-headed. It does not, however, heal wounds etc and will not combat magical effects. and then sip herself, hoping to wipe the fatigue from the unexpected jog.

"They've clearly gone into Scaltoth. Do you know anything about it?" She knew Ralgar lived there but wasn't sure where. That and the information Balthazar gave her was about all she could offer. Perhaps Darius knew more.

word count: 983
Woe
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Sophist
Renown: 1135
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: [Scaltoth Jungle] The One With Fire, Ice, Song, Soul...and a Ferret?

Sod, do you know anything, anything at all about something called Wilma the Wonder Weed? Woe sent the thought to his diri, who accompanied him as he began his trek into the northern tree-line of the Scaltoth jungle. It’d be dangerous, and so he went slowly, surveying the land carefully and avoiding making any of the vegetation or local fauna angry. He did in fact have a mind to question some of the plants, and see what they could tell him, in their plant-like logic.

Hmmmm… Sod’s soothing voice echoed in Woe’s mind. Wilma… Wil…ma… Hmmm…

There was nothing for it, but to be patient with Sod as he pondered the question, and perhaps he’d have an answer by the time Woe actually made it to the Induk, to have an audience. The weather was kind of late, which made travel a fair bit easier.

Woe considered his surroundings, brambles and thorny weavings of vegetation splayed across his path. He avoided these where possible, and didn’t want to incite any unknown or unidentified fauna or flora to react in a way that was detrimental to his health. Thus he refrained from cutting a path through the brambles.

The mortalborn had considered bringing Doran along for this field trip, but the Professor Devout was seemingly busy with his innumerable duties, and so Woe thought to seek the answers himself. They could resume their investigation after he’d had a word with the Induk.

Wilma the Wonder Weed. Woe thought to himself. What could Vega have meant by that? Was it a spirit? Some sort of botanical monstrosity? Or even the Induk of Soul-Forged itself? Woe found his thoughts wandering, he almost didn’t notice the sound of voices, faintly behind him as some people entered the forest.

However, he couldn’t ignore that there were a group of very prominent Induks, to the south, making their way into the Scaltoth. Woe set himself up high on a hillock, hiding, watching and waiting for the voices to come closer, to see who was arriving. All the while, he maintained some awareness of the Induks themselves.

What in the world was going on?
word count: 389
Image*Image*Image
Darius Baer Bottom
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Profession: Woodworker / Sailor
Renown: 830
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Arc 722, 54th of Ymiden
Darius wasn't yet comfortable with flying. He had first endured air travel on the back of a Sohr Kahl on his way to Ishallr. But as awe-filled an experience that had been, he and Elisabeth had slipped over on the ice as they dismounted and all hell had broken loose.

And when he'd finally tried to ride his Scalvwing, the beast had thrown him.

So he had taken some convincing to join Elisabeth and Vega on the latter's dragonling. Scaripteil had skin that had an appearance like metal, which didn't exactly seem like a material designed for taking to the skies. But he soon learnt that it was easier to be a passenger - and, in truth, he knew Vega wouldn't steer him wrong. He would have trusted the redhead with his life.

In the end, it wasn't so bad, as long as he held on properly.

Darius had planned his time in Scalvoris Town to be a mixture of business and pleasure.

He had a shopping list of tasks that he had made on behalf of Hopetoun a pair of trials earlier. There were supplies to order and arrangements to be made. He paid a social visit to Cally's Fine Dining Restaurant, which was something he had done from time to time since donating food to them in early 721. And he purchased a few trinkets from the main island for his return to the settlement.

But anything else he might have hoped to achieve - checking on his home, or visiting his father's house, for example - were cast aside the moment Elisabeth made mention if a most curious sight.

Before he knew quite what was going on, the Videnese was running off, and he was soon in pursuit.

Darius looked up at the Scaltoth jungle, taking a swig from Elisabeth's decanter as the canopy loomed over them both. He had never been there before, which would make it difficult to navigate. That made him extra cautious, for who knew what dangers lurked within?

"I've never been here before," he admitted, "so I know nothing more about Scaltoth than the average Scalvorian."

He paused briefly as he handed the decanter back to its owner.

"So I would suggest we exercise caution."

It was a case of stating the obvious, but he felt that it was still worth stating all the same.

"Shall we?"

Darius offered his friend a grim smile, then - assuming she was agreeable to the idea - he stepped into the Scaltoth jungle for the first time. Despite the fact that they were pursuing the Induks, he moved carefully and methodically, not wanting the pair to draw any undue attention from any of the beasts that lurked within.
word count: 480
Vega
Approved Character
Profession: Dweeb
Renown: 1379
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

54th Trial of Ymiden during Arc 722

"Right, so you hold on tight an' I'll go slow an' we'll trust Martha to do her funky thing, yeah?"

That was Vega's assertion to Winston. He and she had met up not long ago and they were now making their way across Scalvoris. The flight from Sweetwine to Scaltoth was smooth, thankfully, and Vega was able to more or less able to let Martha take control . Martha liked to be able to fly and she seemed to recognise that Vega enjoyed the view. They flew high and Vega just made sure that they were safe and secure as they flew . "It's beautiful, innit?" She said to Winston with a grin. Vega loved flying and she too the time to look around and drink in the sights.

"Well schizzle my snoot, look!" Vega pointed to where there were two people in the distance. "That's Darius an' Elisabeth, that is." As far as she knew they hadn't been planning on a trek to the Scaltoth, but then she made it her business to not be in other people's business, so she spoke softly to Martha and touched the dragonling on the neck. "Over there, Martha, see?"

The dragonling flew to land, and just as Darius and Elisabeth were about to enter the jungle, they could undoubtedly see the red head on the dragonling which had brought them here. Whether they waited or not, Vega would first make sure that Martha was alright, after landing, and would help Winston get down. "Right, so this is the Scaltoth jungle, Winston. I'd advise you stay close an' if you wanna jump up on my shoulder, you're more'n welcome to. This is a serious an' dangerous place an' I'd like you to promise me that, if I tell you to do somethin' you will do it first, an' ask me about why after. I'll only ever tell you to do somethin' if it's in line with my whole 'keepin' you alive' agenda, a'righ?"

Once the two of them were sorted, she'd make her way to where Darius and Elisabeth were. If they'd gone into the jungle itself, they'd be easy enough to find. Once she found them, she'd grin. "Hey you two, you followin' the Induks too?" and then she motioned to Winston. "This is Winstaan. I think you folks already know each other."

Introductions out of the way, Vega spoke - as always - her mind. "I've been in these jungles before, a few times. There's big nasties an' it's tricky an' dangerous." Frankly, she didn't think the pair of them would survive in there, but that was ok because between them they would. "So, if we're goin' in there, then be aware that the plants an' the animals would like you dead. I met a snake what was as tall as Darius in there, an' as long as a boat. All sorts of weirdness, cultists an' tribes, too. Frankly, unless you're both a lot more able to stay alive in the wilderness than I think you are, you're in over your head. So lets stick together an' don't go doin' anythin' daft." She grinned at the pair of them.

"Martha will circle overhead, rather than join us. She don't like the jungle." And with that, Vega nodded. "Lets get on then." she said, with a smile.
word count: 600

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Winston
Approved Character
Race: Cadouri
Profession: Groundskeeper
Renown: 90
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

54th of Ymiden 722
Flying wonder ferret!

Winson nodded. "Rodger. Hold. Tight. Funky." He let out an excited little squeak of anticipation.

"WWWwweeeeeeeee!!!!" Winson was loving it and making no effort to hide this fact. He was however making plenty of effort to hold on and keep his balance, leaning with the dragon as it turned and moved in flight. "Yeah, mun! Et's da best ting me seen since Saoire's Dream! Da trees look so tiny!"

Winson didn't know what a 'snoot' was, but he could hardly believe his ears. "Get away now!" He squinted to see, but quite frankly had to take Vega's word for it until they were much closer. "Wat dem dion' 'ere?" He exclaimed, as if it was a perfectly normal thing for two people flying a dragon on the outskirts of a deadly jungle to say. He was not so daft as to risk falling off in his excitement, however, he could not help but wave and call out as they got closer. "'elloooooo! Doooown deeeeere!" He turned to Vega with a grin so wide it looked like his head might split in two. "Me always wanted to say dat!.. Eve since me gat on dis dragon, anyway. So fa like 20 whole bits! Da most high-altitude 20 bit af me life, I tell yuh."

As they dismounted, Winston was about to scurry up Vega's arm, planning to take her up on her previous shoulder-perch offer from before when she issued her warning. He nodded gravely. "Yuh say jump, an me jump, boss-lady." He meant every single word respectfully as he scampered up her arm and lay across her shoulder. "Yuh let me know if yuh want me on de other side now. Me don't want to fall af if yuh need to swing a sword." He was very happy not to need to do so himself and adjusted his little tool belt to ensure the pouches were on the side farther away from her ear.
Vega wrote:"This is Winston."
The Devil on My Shoulder
Self-control: Hold it together Winston.
Winston: Stey cool mun.
Self-control: A cucumber you are not. I've seen cooler fireballs.
Winston: It's Darius' Chin-mane!
Self-control: For the love of... Raskalarn give me strength, don't say those words aloud... ever...
Winston: Bot et's so shiney. 'e must groom et, a LAT.
Curiosity: Ask him about his beard.
Winston: Me wonder ef 'e waxes et?
Curiosity: OH! Ask them if THEY have dragons too!
Winston: Me want a dragon.
Curiosity: Ask if they can GIVE you a dragon...
Winston: Shhh, mun. Dem lookin' et me!
Self-control: Say something!
Winston: Wat?
Self-control: Anything!
Winston: OK
Self-control: But be cool! ... Like super-cool.
Curiosity: Compliment his beard.
Self-control: DED

Winston's eyes were the very definition of puppy-dog. Two enormous shimmering orbs of wonder as he looked out over Vega's shoulder. It was not a deliberate choice on his part, in fact, the 'choice-making' parts of his brain were currently melting. Imagine you had been told stories your entire life about mythical creatures, heroes and giants only to find out not only are they all real, but that they are all in fact in your address book!

He could obviously, bearly contain himself, a fact Vega would likely detect in his quivering. His voice was a low squeak, an odd kind of whisper that was never intended to be quiet, as if he had tried to suppress his excitement, but only really succeeded in squashing it.

"Vega has a dragon an' she let me fly an et." His voice got higher pitched as the statement went on. "It was so cool."

The next bit really was a whisper, but still not actually intended to go unnoticed. "Un now, me ridin' a Vega. Yuh shud 'eere 'er sing." He beamed innocently at Vega before turning back to Darius. "Me didn't get a chance tuh say 'ello properly last time. Yuh did such a gud job at deh weddin'" ... Don't. You. DEAR ... "un me so badly wanted tuh compliment yuh beard. Et must take a lat af care." The words came from a ferret that knew what getting matts out of fur felt like.

When Vega set down the law of the land, in quite a literal sense, Winston listened and nodded. He had about as much skill in a wilderness such as this as a nun in a brothel and so he was perfectly happy to do just as he was told.

Winston settled in firmly upon Vega's shoulder and kept quiet as a ferret-sized mouse.

Yes and then...

The group set off into the jungle, following the enormous footprints through the undergrowth. Like mice following an elephant through the tall grass, the thick and unforgiving jungle hid all evidence of the prints right up until the cupped impressions that crushed the trees, plants and unwary fauna alike, appeared in front of them.

The trail was simple to follow from high above and from Woe's vantage point the
Dragon
overhead was quite obvious and apparently, the voices were following the Induk footprints as well.

The jungle was thick and hard-going and it would quickly zap the energy of anyone not taking care of themselves as they travelled.

After a while of travelling, following the tracks, the group would notice (Detection: Expert+) that in the middle of one of the giant footprints was an odd void. What was most odd about it was that it was perfectly humanoid. The owner of the imprint would have been about 6 feet tall, slim and
(Detection: Master+ or Hunting/Tracking: Expert+)
appears to have survived the encounter with the Induk's foot and wandered off, though not unscathed.
word count: 995

Appearance

When standing at his full height, Winston towers a full 1 foot and one blueberry tall. A fact he will happily demonstrate before flicking said blue orb into the air with his nose and then eating it with a snappy grin.

His eyes are dark and sharp, ringed by dark brown fur upon the bright white fur that sets off across the rest of his face.

Equipement

Winston usually carries the following on his person:
Balthazar Black
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Profession: Leader of The Black Cats
Renown: 1495
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

54 Ymiden 722
Balthazar was already in the jungle when he came across a party full of familiar faces.

He had come with his would-be captains and a handful of the more equip Black Cats to retrace the steps he had taken with Jundland. It was a training exercise that Robin, who'd also been there the first time, suggested for Lyanna and Croft. Between the handful of them he was confident that they could manage the tame path that they'd taken before if they came prepared. Balthazar brought his good sword, his magic bag, and a few other trinkets he thought would help them. They were confident. They were wrong. Balthazar knew shortly into the trip that they should have accounted for Croft's age and recent pastimes but the man was far from fit enough to make the journey with them. Lyanna mocked the old man and he was quick to return a piece of his mind, but Balthazar kept them both friendly enough. The team turned to head back away from the jungle so they could get started on the path to Scalvoris Town.

When the Induk's moved into the jungle the group had just moved out of it and Balthazar caught only a small glimpse of what seemed like the Induk of Faldrass moving through the woods. He thought it was a trick of his own mind and ignored it. The jungle was dangerous and probably playing a game with him... but there was something else. Balthazar's curiosity got the better of him and he focused his metaphorical sixth sense. He could feel something strange. Something familiar and nearby. He sent everyone else ahead on the path to town while he went back alone to investigate. Any protests from his allies were met with promises it would not be long. He didn't think that it would take much to confirm the suspicions he had.

Why are you going back? Fuego asked as he seemingly appeared on Balthazar's shoulder.

"Someone is nearby- moving towards the jungle or that direction. Close enough to catch up to." He said with a gesture towards where he felt the frequency. He did not hold many frequencies actively but he never let this one go. "Let's go say hello." He did not wait for his companion to comment before marching off further into the jungle but the diri seemed interested.

Who is it? Fuego asked as he stood shakily on Balthazar's shoulder.

"I'm not going to ruin the surprise." And the two of them went off to follow the compass in Balthazar's head towards it's target.

Balthazar moved a little more comfortably through the jungle to catch up with the frequency he sensed than he felt like he would have if he'd brought some of the team with him. Fuego and the diri of death flying above him were company enough. He followed the frequency until he found something much more easy to track- massive footprints. It was like the Mountain King took a stroll through the Scaloth. Of course someone was following them. Of course she was following them.

He followed the trail and the frequency for a short while, getting closer and closer to the group who couldn't have been far ahead of him until finally the mage got a glimpse of some very red hair, a cadouri and two other familiar looking individuals. A small smile crept over his face. The frequency never lied. It was Elisabeth!

"Hello there, friends!" He called out to the group, all of which he recognized as soon as he got a better look at Winston. He remembered the little fellow from the wedding but what was he doing in the Scaloth jungle? The answer was somewhat as obvious as the footprints they were all following but it still seemed like an interesting gathering. "It is good to see you all again. Everyone following the big feet?" Balthazar asked before catching a glimpse of the human-sized void in the middle of one of the larger footprints. "Any idea what happened here?" He asked with a gesture towards the human imprint on the ground in the middle of the larger footprint.
Yes and then...

A newcomer had arrived to greet the group but the jungle around them did not wait and whatever they were following had not stopped either. While it was clear to any with good eyesskill levels required noted in Winston's post that there was a humanoid void in the middle of the larger footprints, who the imprint belonged to was still in the air. Who could have wandered into the Scaloth Jungle, bore the weight of an Induk or massive creature, and then walked away?

Anyone with honed senses or experience trackingExpert Detection/Hunting would be able to tell the direction that the footprints trailed off to. They were faint to those who could see them and uneven. One seemed to delve deeper into the earth than the other and one seemed to have indications of toes while the other did not. The smaller prints lead deeper into the jungle but they were perpendicular to the path of the large footprints they were following. Probably more pressingly, anyone who could tell the direction the smaller footprints went off in could hear a rustling in the trees which seemed to be moving towards them.
word count: 920

Mutations

• Once Paradigm Is Removed: He glows faintly, his skin is warm and sometimes hot to the touch, and when he gets angry sparks literally fly off him. He's a the middle of a field of static electricity so every once in a while when you touch him, you get shocked. Fire leans towards Balthazar and droplets of water seem magnetically attracted to him. He has a series of cracks on his right pectoral that glow of soft emerald. His eyes and the cracks reaching down to his cheeks glow a dark blue. The etheric cracks spiderwebbing up his arms glow orange.

Scars

• Oops, Oops, Ouch: Balthazar Black has twenty scars across his back from a lashing as well as scars on his hands and arms from jagged rocks in Faldrass. There are two scars on the sides of his abdomen from being stabbed and a slash across his back which blends in with the whip scars.
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 900
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Partner
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Things began happening in rapid succession. One moment, it was just her and Darius, curiosities piqued regarding the rambling Induks, and the next, Vega and Winston were there! A welcome sight for Elisabeth, she gave both smiles. “It’s good to see you, Vega, and yes, Winston, here was the wedding – a pleasure to see you again, Winston.”

Introductions done and moving on, Vega quickly laid things out for them, and the young mage was happy she did. It would be her first time in Scaltoth, and while Elisabeth had some experience dealing with hostile environments, it sounded like the jungle was something entirely different.

Vega’s information was as straightforward as it got. Elisabeth stood there and soaked it all up, committing to memory that everything in the jungle would be trying to kill her. Well, at least it made one piece of the puzzle more manageable, not having to sort out which had ill intentions or not.

She had her sword, and thanks to some advice Vega had given her not that long ago, she had a bag of supplies and other valuable items that might come in handy.

While not overly enthusiastic about a place Vega had determined would kill her and wishing not to tread that territory again, Elisabeth steeled herself for the environment and its dangers - they would need everyone to be sharp.

Following Vega into the lush jungle, her eyes darted from side to side, searching the depths of trees and foliage for lurking threats. Something caught her attention as she cast her eyes forward along the path not too far into the jungle - actually, two somethings.

The first was within her mind. The ability that permanently resided there, allowing her to feel a specific person’s emotions, drew a small portion of her attention, like seeing something out of the corner of your eye. She understood the ebb and flow of emotion and was used to her husband’s normal rhythms of such, but his curiosity seemed to be in overdrive, leaving an imprint on her.

The second thing that caught her attention was much easier to explain – a person. She had seen a flash of clothing on the path ahead. It had been quick, but she was sure, and while part of her wanted to call out to the person to see who it was, Vega had just told her that there were many dangers to the Scaltoth and yelling amid them was probably not the wisest of tactics.

Instead, she jogged briefly to catch up to Vega and tell her quietly what she had seen, if Vega hadn’t spotted it herself, which she very well could have.

A surge in Balthazar’s emotions caught her a bit off guard right then, a few trills before she heard a voice – her favorite voice. Elisabeth’s eyes scanned until she found the source of it, her smile getting even bigger.

Of course, they were in the middle of a place that wasn’t exactly friendly towards them, so her senses were on high alert as she stopped, allowing him to catch up and quickly performing a quiet introduction. “I’m not sure if you two have been properly introduced, but Vega, this is my husband, Balthazar. Balthazar, Vega.”

Moving with the group, they soon came upon a large footprint. Enormous footprint. Elisabeth knelt to examine it, responding to Balthazar’s comment in a quiet voice. She assumed that loud noises would alert predators or things they didn’t want to know they were there to the group’s presence.

“Induks. Faldrass and Ishallr were moving this direction.” As for the void, she saw it but couldn’t make anything of it. Elisabeth had developed many, many, many skills, but tracking and hunting were not two of them. "It looks like someone got caught underneath a foot?”

It didn’t make any sense. The void indicated that someone had gotten trampled, but no evidence of how they had survived such a thing. Had it been a simple hole in the ground, Elisabeth would have surmised the person just jumped into it and crouched as the Induk passed over, but that wasn’t the case.

Then, different tracks. Smaller. Elisabeth could see a few of them but couldn’t ascertain anything from the collection other than the direction they went off in.

She did, however, hear the noise coming from the distance. The rustling of trees didn’t sound like the wind, but perhaps her mind was playing tricks on her?

Yes and then...

The rustling of thick, dense leaves in the distance continued, but it wasn’t the only thing that would draw the group’s attention. Noises also came from the side. It seemed like a human voice, but it was hard to determine what was said with the additional noise of the lush foliage around them.

Those blessed with good skill in detectionMaster or higher would be able to track the voice, spotting something through the trees in the immediate vicinity. A stiff form, standing silhouetted between trees, waving, almost mechanically, to get someone’s attention.

word count: 863
Woe
Approved Character
Profession: Sophist
Renown: 1135
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

While Sod pondered Woe's questions, a few other arrivals occurred at the moment. Vega, riding the back of a large metallic dragon, with flaming jets for wings, landed in the midst of the Scaltoth. With her, a cadouri by the look of things, or else a well-dressed ferret. Althought he distinction between one or the other was tenuous at best. Then, some moments later, Balthazar came onto the scene, trailed by his own following. What in Idalos...

Woe wondered for a moment if he should introduce himself now, but something held him back. Perhaps a note of caution, or else the fact that several forged converged upon the grounds of Scaltoth in the wake of the three other Induks. His sense of paranoia spoke to him, wondering if there was some ill-business afoot, or some coming conflict between the Induks. Woe didn't like it, but he thought better of interjecting right at this moment. So he remained where he was. Creeping up beside him, was his dragonling, the kutzeldaur Soz. She nuzzzled his arm, grumbling lightly at the sight of the otheres. "Shhh..." He whispered beneath his breath as they walked off.

Willllma.... Sod meanwhile, continued to ponder on the name. The Wonder... Weed? No, that is not a proper name known to us.

Woe sighed, and shrugged. Thanks for giving it the proper attention and thought, Sod. Anyway...."

Woe climbed onto the back of Soz's saddle, and began flying low under the trees, deciding to flank the group, and head off any threats that occurred to them from abroad. While there was strength in numbers, Woe felt he could do them more help by maintaining his distance, and remaining hidden from anything else their tromping about stirred up.

The Kutzeldaur, a stark contrast to 'Martha' was very at home in the Scaltoth, a creature of darkness, it felt very at home beneath the shade of the canopy. And so the snake-like body found it simple to fly in and around the foilage of the Scaltoth.

Woe tried to maintain the silence and stick to the shadows as well he could, though he didn't hold out hope that he'd be able to escape their notice forever.

Off Topic
Yes, and then...

The humanoid figure came into focus. It was a tribesman, a grown man, waving at them. He stood in the footprints of the Induks, and frowned at them. It wasn't too unusual to see a tribesman this far afield of their tribal lands. They sent out scouts all the time. The question was, which tribe he belonged to?

His markings and tribal body paint were greenish, and white. Bone jewelry and piercings adorned his ear lobes and nasal cavity. He stared impassively at the group, and then whistled a bird call to the deep Jungles. Then he was off, into the footprints of the Induks.

He seemed to melt into the Jungle, as he departed their sight. Anyone with
the knowhow to track others through the forest would be able to follow him.
. The senses alone weren't enough to make heads of tails of his tracks, which were tricky to follow.

And as he left, a bird call answered his own...
word count: 562
Image*Image*Image
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Surrounding Waters & Landmarks”