[Blackbrine] Fauna

Everything you need to know about Orm'del Sea.
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: -1000
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Blackbrine] Fauna

Blackbrine Fauna
Southern Gestalt Leviathan - A Giant Octopus Leviathan.
word count: 8
A N D I T' S A L L J U S T S M A L L S T U F F, B A B Y.
Kingdom
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: -1000
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Southern Gestalt Leviathan

Southern Gestalt Leviathan

The Southern Gestalt Leviathan, much like its Northern counterpart (the whale), is a single, large entity made of many smaller parts; only this beast is slightly different, formed instead by the mass gathering of hundreds of thousands of red, southern sea-snakes, working together as one to hunt down, attack, and feast on the spoils of its victories. A creature that has chosen to take the form of a giant octopus, the SGL seems a thing of legend, but those who have lived to tell the tale of its existence have shared stories of its speed, size, and stealth.

“The sea went dead and our ship was shrouded in a strange mist when all of the sudden a giant red arm, no tentacle, reached up out of the water and cut the ship in two. I scrambled for cover, took refuge in our only lifeboat and almost fell out at the sight of hundreds of little red sea snakes slithering about my ankles, fighting to take a piece out of me or get back to the water, and return to the beast, unrelenting and cruel. The men screamed and climbed the walls and masts of our sinking vessel, picked off one by one and dragged into the undertow until all was quiet, the fog passed, and the sea churned again, red with the blood of my men, and littered with what remained of the galleon…”

The Southern Gestalt has long been the sigil of the Brineborn people and foreigners believe the members of the Leviathan Faction have found a way to control the giant beast, leading rogue ships into dangerous waters, said to be able to summon the creature with a special horn named Serpent's Song, kept at all times on the belt of The Salt Prince. The legend of the Leviathan tells of a sailor who discovered the beast, gifted the horn by a water spirit, a mass of water three times the height of his ship, who plucked the horn from the depths of the ocean and explained that it would calm the beast, but also bring the storms. Whenever the Leviathan moves on, the rain comes, the waves swell, and the sky rumbles.

Credit: Kingdom
word count: 372
A N D I T' S A L L J U S T S M A L L S T U F F, B A B Y.
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Within The Crest”