PM to Join Lady Mercy Won't Be Home Tonight

In which we discuss the nature of friendship, the ways in which bonds are made and... most importantly. How we're going to kick this necromatic witch's ass.....

Beyond the city of Rharne lies the Stormlands, which is home to a number of farms, forests, fields, Lake Lovalus, and the River Zynyx. This subforum also includes the Stormwastes to the south.

Moderator: Oracle

Faith Augustin
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: +1000 +
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Lady Mercy Won't Be Home Tonight

Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:00 pm

11th Cylus 719
Faith was completely overwhelmed.

Qit'ria had been murdered in the grounds of their home, undead had been sent against them. But neither of those were what made the young Champion of Famula step back in amazement. No. That was something quite different.

There were people here. Here. To help them.

Her hand in Padraig's tightened and started to shake. "They came?" Faith whispered to him and she smiled up at him. That these people were friends was without doubt to Faith, but that they were here, prepared to stand and fight against an unknown, undoubtedly dangerous opponent because of that? It brought a swirling rush of emotion to the young woman which she could not easily put into words. So, Faith did what Faith would always do; she went to facts. "Well, we're going to have to make a lot of beds. I told you that my obsessive need to make blankets would come in handy one trial, didn't I?" Briefly, as she said it, she leaned her head against him and breathed out. "They came," her voice trembled with emotion. "I nearly didn't write the letter."

But then, she stood up, pulled her shoulders back and straightened her back. Then, she went in too the room.

"We truly have no words." Faith said, looking at the people who had come, answering her call. "To each of you, we are so very grateful. If I do anything other than say that, I am going to get so emotional that I can't do this. And I need to do this. So thank you will have to do, but please believe it comes from the deepest gratitude. So, to summarise." She breathed in and pressed her fingers together, pad to pad, as she looked down at her hands for just a moment. Then, she raised her head and began to speak.

"One hundred and sixteen undead attacked our house last night. They were stopped by our very dear friend, Qit'ria, who lost her life in the process. Her baby, Caza, is here and is being protected. I found Qit, and I've spent last night and part of to-trial investigating the murder." Faith kept her breathing regular, her voice calm and, when she looked at them, her expression was calm although her face was pale. "I have detailed notes on placement, measurements, we've retrieved wells and I have experienced the death of each and every one of them." She'd told Padraig what she had done, but she hadn't entirely laid it out so starkly before. It was no wonder that she was shaking. "The majority of them were simply reanimated from death and had no information. However, there were five which gave us information."

Five tortured individuals, chosen to be made into specific and truly horrifying types of undead, Faith explained. "The woman in question is called Ellasin. I have seen her, I know what she looks like. I believe she is a Lich, but how in the name of all the Immortals she gets to look so pretty and be one, I do not know. She's powerful. Very powerful." Breathing in, Faith purposely calmed her nerves and continued.

"We have the soulstones and the wells that she used. I am hoping that these will be able to lead us to her. So. Cards on the table. They attacked because I am Famula's Champion. I have been for a while. I have recently developed the ability to remove the necromancy spark from mages. I've used it here, in Rharne, when a necromancer had been working with an alchemist and created a plague which killed and then trapped souls. I guess we drew attention. So. That leads us to the plan."

They'd met in a large room, soft overstuffed armchairs dotted around Faith put down, on the table there where Katie and Luna had provided tea and fruit juice, a bag with the items of importance in there. "The plan is to protect this place, these people. Our children." Looking at Padraig, her emotions flickered briefly and her lower lip trembled. But then, she drew on the main emotion she was feeling . "Once we are sure that the people here are safe, which is being done as we speak, we investigate. We find her. I take her spark from her and we bring her to justice." Faith's eyes shifted colour, becoming a deep ruby red as she spoke.

"In whatever form she forces us to do it. I suspect she will not go down without a fight and frankly that's just fine with me." Looking at them, she smiled. "You are our friends, our family, our people. This is dangerous, of that there is no doubt in mind. If you want to back out, do it now." Because she wasn't stopping until Ellasin was no longer a threat. To anyone. "If not, then my plan is that we each lay it out here, what we can bring to the fight. Our skills, abilities, anything and everything we can. We have a lot of books on necromancy, this isn't our first Lich," she said, motioning to Padraig. "So, first, we share what we're happy to share and then, we research and investigate. If you're happy to."
Off Topic
Ok Hi! Lovely IC friends! :) So. I'd like to keep this thread moving as much as possible - therefore, we'll be posting again on the 21st March. This is the planning phase - so please see this PSF for what she's put down there and any / all help very gratefully received! <3 Aegis is going to mod the final thread, but how that go depends on our understanding and planning now - so lets do it!!! Any questions pm me. :)
word count: 978
"Every evil has its good, and every ill an antidote."

~ Rharne HQ
Dust Quarter Satellite Clinic ~ Order of the Adunih~Soup Kitchen & Community Center
Hart
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: +247
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 2
Medal count: 8

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Re: Lady Mercy Won't Be Home Tonight

Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:17 pm

"Speaking in Rakahi"
"Speaking in Common"
"Speaking in Common sign"
extra line here
Hart sat in one of the armchairs and tried not to look too nervous. Like Faith, he was fairly adept at hiding what he felt.

But this. This was a lot.

Only the trial before he had been contacted by Kura, Kirei's sister. Faith had written her a letter-- she had written them all. Her friend had been killed. Her home had been menaced. She and her family were under attack. I beg you, therefore, for any and all help you can give us. She had asked, simply and emphatically, for help.

Hart couldn't say no to that. He just couldn't.

But still. This was a lot.

In the room in which they had gathered, Faith spoke of a woman named Ellasin. A necromancer. As she spoke, Hart had his sketchbook on his lap and he wrote. He wrote almost word-for-word what Faith said, as she said it. He had a lot of questions. Hart didn't know what a well was. He didn't know what a soulstone was. He didn't know what a lich was. He didn't know what a thrall was, though he thought it must be the undead. His hand was shaking as he wrote, making the writing wobble, and try as he might the shaking wouldn't stop.

He looked as pale as Faith did, and unwell.

But Faith had asked for his help, and so he would give it. Whatever help he could give.

They were there to plan and they couldn't properly plan without everyone knowing what everyone else was capable of. So, trying not to visibly tremble, Hart stood from the armchair, leaning against it, and cleared his throat.

When he spoke, despite how he looked, his voice --much like Faith's-- was even.

"My name is Hart Eda'quoat," he said. Edason, Edashason. "And I am a mortalborn." He had once, before he had known exactly who and what he was, been afraid of revealing his immortal heritage. But now that he knew, and in the here and now-- it wasn't productive for him to keep it hidden.

"I am not accomplished in combat," he said, "And I don't know anything about necromancy. But I have-- abilities," he said, and swallowed.

He didn't know how to explain this. He had never had to explain all of what he could do before.

"I can drug someone with my touch," he started.

"I can sense a being's needs if they're nearby. So, if someone tried to conceal themselves from us within a certain range, I could be certain to locate them."

"I can make myself incorporeal. If you still have the-- the bodies she sent to attack you I can use Bellinos to know what she looks like, so that I'll know who she is. Which means that if I can get within sight or sense of this necromancer, I should be able to get to her physically as well."

He looked a little green. The thought of being next to this necromancer, of him perhaps being the only one who could get to her quickly, was making him squeamish. But more that that, it was the thought of using his abilities to try to hurt someone. Even someone as vile as this Ellasin woman.

But he pressed on.

"I once brought a boy back from the dead," Hart said, and then, shaking a little, corrected. "I once brought an old man back from the dead-- I made him a boy again. And I think I could do-- more. If someone needed me to cause, a uh-- a miracle," he said.

"That's all, however. I don't know anything about fighting, or about most topics of magic or science." He paused. "But if you can find use for me," he said, and his trembling abated. He looked at Faith, just as pale as he was, but her eyes-- in her eyes was a determination so great it had become something else. And there was reassurance in that, at least for Hart. That Faith would do what she could, just as he would, so that this threat to everyone was-- gone.

Hart steadied.

"If you can find use for me I'll do whatever's needed," he said. "I can help research and study, or lend another pair of hands to any such preparation. I'll do what it takes. Whatever's needed for your family to be safe," he told her and Padraig.

And then, as if his legs wouldn't hold him any longer, he quickly sat back down.
word count: 792
Patrick
Approved Character
Profession: Trouble
Renown: +415
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5
Medal count: 23

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:55 am

The call had reached many in short notice, and sure enough would reach even farther in time. Patrick might not have had a part in what transpired before, but considering the news he reached revolved around someone quite dear to him... Even now he sat in one of the chairs of Faith's abode, the letter still freshly held in a hand as he reviewed the contents. The fact her wellbeing had been put into danger by this 'necromancer' merely backed his reasoning, as well as spite for the damnable arcane arts he understood so little about. He had a theory too on who this 'she' really was, but that proved to be nothing more than a hunch. Someone as powerful and threatening as her though... Patrick could only think of the one woman he'd briefly met when with Alistair.

And now war would be declared on this witch. How he'd waited for the day to come, where he'd finally play a role in her demise. He didn't want to be in the background however, no this time he wanted to be right there to see how she died; so he could tell the story over and over for many Arcs to come. He'd dressed in his normal wintry gear, long-sleeved shirt with the fur coat worn over and regular pants, but also came with his domain bag since other gear seemed necessary. Rharne might not have allowed civilians to carry arms inside the walls, but then again with all the knights at present it wasn't a bad idea either. What had to be going down would be serious, and while he never had the heart to carry out such a theme; this time actually became the exception.

Only his brother had accompanied him on the trip here, the other two weren't being put in mortal danger because of him. Even if Lush seemed to be a strong and intelligent lion, Patrick didn't ever dream of asking him to fight battles that were never his. And Ri'ku? Depending on how things went she'd more than likely see another side of Patrick, that same dark side she'd watched him fall into during his time as a cursed individual. To think now... without that power he'd still be here, ready to protect the people that really did matter to him. What happened here did more than cross the line, it set in motion a chain of events he proudly joined; a movement to eradicate a most terrible blight on the world. Everyone. Literally everyone Faith had connections to were coming, and so Patrick drank from the bottle of whiskey with eyes still reading over that letter.

"You sure about this Pat?" Dominek asked him as he stood plainly next to the chair, unnoticed by any except Faith or any fellow Zuuda present. "I get you're reason for supporting Faith and her family, but to put yourself on the line like this?"

"Unusual I know." He admitted lowly so as to pretend he wasn't conversing with himself. "But even if she denies it, we still owe her a great deal for Scalvoris." For all that she'd done really... "Besides if my hunch -is- right and it -is- her, then that'll make it all the more savory when we kill the bitch." How he held such scorn for her... she who had the audacity to call him weak, to ridicule him when he'd been initiated into Rupturing without knowledge.

"You are weak, but you don't have to be. You can be strong. You can embrace the magic that I've given you, and surpass your limits. Or you can illogically fear it and continue to tremble like a weeping bitch. It's all up to you."

He almost crumpled up the note at the memory had he failed to remember it was Faith's. Just as reality settled back in and the anger of the memory hazed, Faith had walked down with husband to follow along. She looked impossibly worn and weathered compared to her normal self, and that bothered him even more knowing that this event costed her. But he remained patient and focused on what would soon come, the moment where he'd learn his role in all of this. Everything he had to hear was important now more than ever, and what he shared helped guarantee him a place on the frontlines. Patrick noticed after Faith's pause the first one to stand, and start with revealing things about himself, Hart followed to set the example for everyone else to follow. The Rharnian learned a lot from just listening to Hart alone, who he was and what sort of gifts he'd been given.

To be a spawn of an Immortal though... Patrick had never considered how miraculous of a chance that was. And to be one of Hart's own caliber opened him to a wider perspective of things, such as the nature of their powers inherited from their Divinal lineage. In retrospect Hart had always seemed rather shy if not introverted, even if those encounters were few and far inbetween when considered. But Patrick knew good and well Hart didn't come off as a fighting type, however the stern courage in his tone left that up to question too. Once the time came where he felt he'd shared enough with the group, he faltered to his chair once more and Pat smiled a little. Though there was a moment to pause Patrick found the motivation to be the next in line.

He flashed a hand awkwardly in the air as he spoke out to the group, the hand slowly dropped back down in his lap as he remained seated. "Alright my name's Patrick Barnell, and first off I just wanted to appreciate Hart's sheer honesty." Patrick took the moment to commend the revealed Mortalborn with a short smile before continuing. "I'm a local Rharnian to most here, know my way around making a few good drinks mostly. But I have made a few journeys beyond these plains, and I've managed to achieve a few things." He took a few seconds to get a swig from his whiskey bottle. "I've combat skills that range from shit to modest, but hand me a crossbow and I'm actually a decent shot. I..." This was where it'd be hard, since he'd be essentially coming clean for the first time. "I used to be a Sessfiend, until an ordeal in Scalvoris wound up with Qylios saving me." The ring on his left arm felt warmer on him suddenly. "I also received Rusalkis from Chrien along my travels, but insofar I think I'm only a shitty good luck charm at this point."

Patrick tabbed a finger self consciously as he thought of what else to say. "I also have my older brother here with me, he's a ghost that's been following me around for a while now. He's ready to help however he can in this as am I, we're tough sons of a bitch so you can count on us! That and I've met Ellasin only once through Alistair, and would personally like to see that she's dispatched from this world. For good." That was the majority of it right? Yep. That was everything he needed to say hopefully, he certainly thought it a hearty enough contribution.
"Pat", "Dom"
word count: 1269
Seasonal Plans - Workshop - Rambles - Vlogs

"Freedom is everything."

Gennadiya Lyosha
Approved Character
Profession: Physician
Renown: +98
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates

Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:50 pm

Gennadiya had responded to the head of her Order’s request and more importantly her new friend message. They weren’t close that was true, but Gennadiya had felt the need to respond as there was real need. To those who knew her at all well they would be surprised by her current appearance. The most obvious one was the clothing she was wearing. Instead of her skirts and blouses, she had picked up some leather armor. She found it both strange and comfortable at the same time. She had also gathered her platinum blond hair into a bun at the back of her head and slipped extremely long needles through the bun. This served two purposes first was it helped hold the bun in place, second she remembered from her time on the streets that hair could be a woman’s weakness as people like to grab it. If anyone felt the need to yank her hair they would find an unpleasant surprise.

She sat in one of the chairs in the room her posture straight and her hands resting on her lap. Her medical bag sitting next to the chair and her war fan tucked into her belt. Her face was a bit pale but her gaze was firm. Her blue eyes still looked around with kindness, but she knew the world could be a cruel place, and only through the efforts of people like Faith, and she hoped her self, could joy spread.

She listened intently as Faith explained what had happened over the past trial. Her expression remained the same but she felt both sorrow and anger as the story progressed. Gennadiya had no real prejudice against magic as there could be good and bad from it just like from anything else. Her view on necromancy though was negative. Death was natural, sad, but natural, but the body should be allowed to return to the earth. Gennadiya didn’t know about this woman, but her actions spoke that action must be taken.

The young woman did feel a sense of unease though. She hadn’t ever gone looking for trouble like this before and was realizing this woman was dangerous, but she had promised long ago to help others and not to just think of herself, and if Faith felt she could help then she would. She continued to watch and listen to Faith passioned speech. She wasn’t as familiar with wells and such as she wished she was but they were here to plan and she was sure an explanation could be gotten later.

She turned and watched each of the others as they spoke up and introduced themselves. Her eyebrow raised as Hart, the mortal born, revealed himself for what he was. She nodded and smiled at Hart as he finished. His honesty was refreshing as another stood. Gennadiya raised an appreciative eyebrow as the man stood and introduced himself. He was bold and interesting as well as handsome. He also had an interesting list of qualifications. The ghost brother was certainly the most unique.

Then it was the young woman’s turn. Gennadiya stood and looked around the room. She gave a general nod to the crowd before speaking. “My name is Gennadiya Lyosha. Faith I am glad to be here. It is nice to meet all of you, Patrick, Hart and everyone else. Now what help I can provide. I am a member of the Order of Adunih and as such I am a healer. I also have a minor blessing from Ymiden. I am no weapon master but I can use my war fan with some skill as my parents felt their daughters shouldn’t have to wait for some hero to save them if the need arose. And yes I have used it before. When I was younger I did live for a time on the street. I will of course help in anyway I can.” She looked around and then sat down letting the next person take their turn.
word count: 671
Nir'wei
Approved Character
Profession: Lightning Knight Initiate
Renown: +272
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Medal count: 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:35 pm

When news had first broke, Faith had only needed to walk outside and explain to him what was happening. At her offer, he'd taken up a semi-permanent residence on her land, with a tent set not far from her stables, and knowing how important this was to her, he'd never hesitated in proclaiming his support. He'd even made the effort to arrive early on that morning, though he'd chosen to take a seat on the floor to give others the chance to sit on the littered array of armchairs. Plus, it gave him the chance to hold Squeak in his lap - the small brown wolf-pup needing a pair of hands on him at all times to stop him racing around the room and sniffing all the new people. Not that it stopped Greyhide, Cold, or Myrth from doing that anyway; the three adult wolves took every opportunity to sniff everything and everyone, though they at least had the decency to be quiet about it, licking at hands, sniffing at feet, winding between armchairs. Messy lot.

He tried his best to ignore them while glancing around the room at the others that had gathered from his spot, and listening to her words, trying not to let his stomach sink. He'd been out just the day before in the barracks of Skywatch Keep. He'd missed them all by nary a night. Would it have gone any differently if he'd been there to help? Or would he be sitting next to Qit right now... "It doesn't matter," Archailist spoke in his ear, the spirit-squirrel oddly fixated on Faith as he perched on Nir's shoulder. "You can't change the past. Only prepare for the future." Words, no matter how profound, were small comfort.

Laid bare, the situation seemed dire. Especially just looking at the numbers. One hundred and sixteen thralls. He'd struggled to take down just six in the past. Well, seven. Still, as she offered them all chances to leave, he remained firmly planted, and once the others had said their peace, he raised his hand and coughed lightly. "Hi, everyone. Uhh, Patrick." The man's face looked horribly familiar and he shot a fairly awkward smile his way, before focusing back on the group. "My name is Nir'wei, for those that don't know. I am... well, I'm not good with a weapon. But I can tame and train beasts, so, there's that. All these guys are harmless and house trained, don't worry." The three wolves around the room were watching Nir'wei just as much as anyone else, and Squeak in his lap gave a little yip at the mention, nipping at his fingertips until he rubbed a knuckle between his ears. "Everyone with me is at your disposal, utterly. You've already met them Faith, I can have them here around the clock, leave them in my camp in case any other attacks happen. Or I can have them out searching. Traveller's got a good view from the air, Greyhide and the pack have a great sense of smell, and uhh, well. You know about it already but uhh, I guess I might as well explain." It felt oddly comforting to know that everyone was so open with themselves. No judgement. No scrutiny. Unnaturally, he found himself smiling at Hart in particular for being so forward. "Karem's blessed me with hunting senses, of a sort. If you give me a taste of blood or flesh, I can find what and where it came from."

His wolfish eyes roamed the room briefly, but they eventually settled on Faith once more. "I'm also technically a Lightning Knight, so there's that, but I'm afraid I don't have any ranks to pull on." A brief smile flashed his face, but really this wasn't the time for humour. "Sohr Khal, Zephyrus, wolves, hell the damn horse, they're all at your disposal. It's not much, hell it's nothing compared to those two," he said, nodding to both Patrick and Hart without looking at them to see the looks he'd probably just earned, "but tell me where I can put them to use and consider it done. Oh, and uhh, I've got some mild experience dealing with thralls too. Six, to be exact, but I mean one was an elephant, so take that as you will." He raised his hands mock-solemnly. "Only a hundred and ten to go and who knows, I'll be giving the classes, but until then I can always offer advice too."
word count: 787
Kesindir
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Fisherman
Renown: +90
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 4
Medal count: 5

Contribution

Milestones

Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:16 pm

Kesindir hadn't received a letter personally, but he knew someone who had. He knew who the call was from too. Faith. He'd met her once, Seasons ago, and she'd seemed nice enough at the time. Plus, it sounded like she needed help, and so Kes decided to join. Not much more was needed than that. So he found seated in Faith's house in Rharne. Each of those gathered spoke, introducing who they were, what they were capable of, and Kesindir realized, yet again, he was outmatched by many around him.

What could he offer in terms of protection, or research, or anything really. He was a simple fisherman. He had strong suits, but nothing that would compare to....mortalborns. But, that didn't matter. Someone was in need of help and he was going to do what he could to assist. To top all of that off, he didn't speak the language proper, so this was about to be a fun little guessing game. Hopefully his meaning wouldn't be lost. "I Kesindir. I ....fish? Can shoot..." he paused and sighed. What was the word for bow. Something he used every day, and yet he couldn't describe what it was called in Common. He went to reach for the bow that was hung across his back and inhaled sharply, "Yeah...that still hurts." His ribs were still healing from the fight with the Thwarthides.

After a few moments of Kesindir struggling, rather wondrously it must be said, at trying to convey some of the most simplest of ideas, Hart spoke up and offered to translate for him. Kesindir had forgotten that Hart spoke Rahaki. So one could assume that Hart translated everything Kes spoke in Rahaki. "Alright then, let me start over. I'm Kesindir. I don't have much in the way of skills. Quite frankly I'm not much more than a simple, though effective, fisherman. I've survived in the wilderness for many arcs on my own, and have had to hunt for my food. I can offer those skills now, in any capacity they are able to be used. I'm not half bad with a bow, as it is my preferred fishing method. I'll do what I can, where I can."

Kesindir didn't want to be a bother to anyone, and would do what was needed, where they thought it best. He definitely wasn't in prime form, but he wasn't going to let a few bruises and potential breaks stop him.

OOC: I had permission from Hart's player to use him as a translator.
word count: 447
Kesindir: "Spoken word in Rakahi"
"Spoken word in Common"
Thought
Others: "Spoken word"

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived....I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Kura Wolfsdotter
Approved Character
Profession: Council Member
Renown: +164
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1
Medal count: 5

Contribution

Milestones

Events

Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:47 pm

When Kura had received Faith's notification, she had told her secretary to pass the word along to Hart and anyone else on Scalvoris that had been included in the letter, then had told the council where she was going and why before taking the Eclipse Portal to Rharne. She had arrived on Faith's doorstep within a break of Faith sending her notice through the Echo Scroll. She had been ready for a fight at the time, but since there seemed to be no present danger, she had relaxed some and was now just wearing her traveling clothes and her hooded black overcoat.

While the others were sitting, Kura was actually standing by the fireplace, apparently too restless to sit for very long. Phelan, her Velduris familiar, had joined Nir'wei's wolves in examining the new people, while her owls, Speck and Ornery, were both outside at the moment, keeping a lookout for any possible approaching trouble so that they could be forewarned. At the start of the meeting, she listened quietly as Faith outlined the situation in more detail than the letter had given, and after a few of the others had spoken, she stepped forward.

"I'm Kura Mareth. An archer and tracker of no mean skill, with blessin's from Karem and Raskalarn. Moreover, I'm quite possibly one of the greatest politicians in the world, speakin' truthfully, so I can smooth over any diplomatic troubles that might arise if our search takes outside of Rharne or Scalvoris. Furthermore, I can also call on some specialists if we find ourselves needin' an unorthodox solution to a problem." she said, before hesitating a moment, then shrugging. "I've also got a fair few other tricks up my sleeves, but those I prefer to keep secret, as that secrecy's proven too valuable to keepin' the people under my care safe. I hope you all understand." she said, giving Faith an apologetic smile.

"Now, as for Ellasin herself, I know her by reputation, but we've never had occasion to go after each other directly. Her followers have meddled in politics I was involved in in the past, and I dealt with the problem. Purely professional, if you get my meanin'. What I know is that she was one of the founder's of the Seekers when she was human, and was apparently much less of a manipulative psychotic before she became a Lich. I've never been able to figure out what happened to her though." she said, before pausing for a moment.

"However, there was a story I heard a while back, 'bout her human days. Apparently, she took a Mortalborn, a son of Zanik, one as an apprentice. From what I hear, he's still around and has a bit of an adversarial relationship with Ellasin these days. Not a fan of what she's been up to since she became a Lich, I reckon. If we can find this old apprentice of hers, we might be able to get a firmer grasp on her powers and such." she said, before stepping back to let someone else speak.
word count: 531
Padraig
Approved Character
Renown: +619
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9
Medal count: 29

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:09 pm

They'd come. Combined with the knights that were patrolling the grounds, their property and their home that stood on the edge of the lake was overflowing with humanity, and otherwise. People who wanted to protect Rharne. People who wanted to protect their family and by doing that, to protect others. "The grocery bill, to feed all these people, is going to be an oversized thing of wonder this cycle." A brief moment of humor to lighten the mood, considering how heavily the tension and stress hung in the air. Luckily, Cyrus, Katie and Luna were keeping the twins occupied in a far off corner of the house, in order to shield them from all the upheaval they could.

There were so many faces gathered there. Those that Padraig recognized and those that he didn't. But Faith knew them all, and they knew her, cared for her enough to be here. And that was all that mattered. "Thank you. All of you, for coming," he'd said, adding his own words of appreciation to hers. And then she told them all what had happened, and what they were hoping to do about it. Each in turn, those present spoke about what they knew already, and what they might do, so far as skills, knowledge and the like. Then it was Padraig's turn.

"Many of you may know that I am an alchemist, among other things. I am also marked by Yvithia, Qylios and Xiur. Something that fewer of you may be aware of," and Faith in fact was probably alone in the knowledge next to him, "is that I am a mortalborn, and Famula is my mother." Judging by his matter of fact presentation of the fact, it might seem clear that Padraig still had some mixed feelings about that recent discovery. However, "There are things, abilities that I can bring to the table, in that regard."

"I do more than well enough with a sword and a bow, though apart of the abilities which may come with my marks, there is also this," he said to them all as he lifted an old leather case and placed it on the table. Opening the case up, he revealed a collection of stylized bolts, like those that could be fired from a bow of any size. There were also small, stoppered vials, and in addition to those, there were small ceramic pots, about the size of an egg. "First," he said to them all as he picked up one of the bolts that had a thin blue band painted on the shaft, "Each of you who possesses a sufficient skill with a bow, if you choose, will have three of these. You'll notice that the tips have a cork cap, that must be removed before firing." This was to protect its possessor from accidentally nicking themselves with the tip.

"On impact with your target, a thin glass seal at the tip will burst, and the poison contained in these bolts will release and find its way into the bloodstream. It works very, very quickly," Padraig warned them. "The first thing that will happen is that the target will become paralyzed. Their body, but not their mind. They will be able to think clearly, but their speech may be slurred. This state is brief, a bit or two at most, before the individual's organs shut down and they will die. It is not pretty," he warned. But what it did mean, was that a shot that might not otherwise be a deadly one, would very much be so. "For each bolt you receive, should you choose to have them, there is also this." Holding up a small vial, he explained. "An antidote, and a fast acting one that will reverse the effects, but only if it is administered during the first phase. Drink it down." This was to safeguard the handlers, in case they accidentally nicked or shot themselves, or a friend. Or they might use it as leverage to gain information from their target.

"These," he added, picking up a second bolt with a red band, "are fired in the same way, but instead of the poison, are targeted towards the mind, and will break a necromancer's control over their undead." A bit of Faith's blood, and as it turned out, a sample of his own, had made these bolts possible. Of both bolts, and antidotes, there were enough of them for each who fired a bow and wanted them, to have three of each. Lastly, he picked up one of the small pots. "For everyone who has a decent throwing arm, there are these. Three of each." They were hand tossed explosives, Padraig explained, and there was a lot of power contained in those very small pots and plenty of shrapnel to go around.

"You pull the cork stopper, and a small bit of white cloth pulls through the mouth of the pot. Light it, throw it...Make sure there is some distance between you, your friends and your target. And once you've lit it, get rid of it quickly." In a dry tone, he pointed out what was probably obvious already. "Get careless with these, and there's no antidote that will put you back together again."
word count: 885
Faith Augustin
Approved Character
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: +1000 +
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:58 pm

11th Cylus 719
It took her a moment to comprehend how many of them there were. That people had come in response to the note from her and Padraig. That they were prepared to put themselves out on their behalf was truly overwhelming, and more than a little humbling for Faith. So many of them, some she knew and others, she barely did. Dear friends, and new ones too; people she had known since before she was freed, and others who she barely knew at all. One who fell into the latter category was Hart; Tristan's brother. They were identical and Faith had worried that Tristan's twin might end up pulled into this by virtue of them attacking those who were close to her, mistaking him for Tristan. But he was a Mortalborn? Faith had no idea, but she listened and she smiled. Nodding her head, she agreed. "Of course. I can show you which body will allow that image seen through Bellinos. Thank you." The more people who knew what Ellasin looked like, the better. "Thank you, Hart. So much."

Once Hart had spoke, Patrick did and Faith's eyes widened somewhat at his words. He had met Ellasin and done so with... Alistair? Faith's mind reeled, but she put it to one side for now. There was no point to fussing, but it was significant. "If you would be willing, Patrick, as part of my blessing from Vri, I can make something a memento, it will store a memory. If you wouldn't mind, would you put the memory of that meeting into an item for me? Then, when I touch it, I will know it too. You won't lose it." Everything that she could put together about this woman, that would have to help.

Gennadiya had come and Faith felt a swell of gratitude for the young woman; she was not a combatant, yet she showed no fear. "We are so grateful for you, Gennadiya. Your logic and level headedness will be more than useful, I assure you." The woman was clear, precise and kept her head in a crisis. Faith knew that those would, indeed, be invaluable to them. She smiled at the young healer who was working with her on the restructuring of the Order of the Adunih. Her calm and clear approach would help, Faith was sure.

When Nir'wei spoke, Faith found it hard to keep her emotions in check, although she did. He was her brother, in all ways, and she was so proud to call him such. She missed Aeon dreadfully in that moment, but she gave thanks to Famula, Vri, Moseke and Ymiden for the good people in her life. "Karem's mark on you, you are my children's Ungle Nir. I.." her voice caught in her throat, the closest to emotional Faith had got. "Thank you, brother-of-my-heart."

Thanks to Vri, Faith never forgot anything, at all. So she remembered this man. Kesindir. They had met in the library on Scalvoris. He had come? She had no idea how, but she smiled and nodded her head as Hart translated for him. However, as he spoke, she moved over to him. "I can heal you, if you would allow it?" Whenpermission given by pc OOC he said yes, Faith put her hands, gently, on his ribs. Looking into his eyes, she spoke very calmly. "It feels a little warm. Tingly." A soft green mist exited her hands and wrapped around him, and Faith kept up the Moseke-granted ability until he was healed. Then, she clasped his arm ~ the way that Qit'ria clasped arms. The Sev'ryn way. "Thank you, Kesindir."

Then, Kura spoke and Faith could not hide her pleasure at her friend being there. She felt, they both felt, so much more secure knowing that Kura ~ and Cally ~ were there. Kura knew of Ellasin and that was good. That was more than good. She nodded her head at Kura's words. She wouldn't be so forthright as Hart about her Mortalborn status, but Faith would expect nothing less from her. Because Kura was right, she was an excellent politician and she knew the importance of having a surprise up her sleeve. Faith smiled at her, gratitude in every aspect of the young woman.

When Padraig spoke, Faith watched him and there was no hiding the love she felt for her husband. Her eyes shone and she listened to every word. He spoke of his mortalborn status, mentioned his swordplay and alchemy and demonstrated the bolts he had. When he was done, Faith moved and stood next to him, her hand slipping into his. "And, only fair to do. I'm Faith Augustin. In terms of what I can do. I am .." she smiled slightly and glanced at her husband somewhat ruefully. "Not great at showing off. I am Famula's Champion, Adored of both Moseke and Vri and Blessed by Ymiden. My skill with a sword is not as good as his, but I do passing well. I'm tougher than I look." That was certainly true.

"In terms of what we can provide. I have a number of items of clothing which you are welcome to borrow ~ they look like, and are, light cotton items, but they will act like armour. Light, leather armour only. But still. Better than nothing. I am a medic, and have recently been made head of the Order of the Adunih, globally, so we have access to those resources should we have injured. I am also a founder of Isonomia, and there will be.. there are, in fact, others from there who will be joining us." Having said all that, the young woman grinned slightly. "I also bake."

As for what they did now, Faith considered it, carefully. "We have a lot of books here." That really was not an understatement. "From the bodies of the thralls, I've pulled three soulstones and two wells. There are books on those. Also, any and all information on Liches, necromancy, etc. Again, we have plenty of books. And, I think. Now might be time to pull out the big weapons. I want to track her." Faith looked at Padraig. "You have some blood which might help there. Could you and Kura work on that?"

Then it was getting people equipped, providing any equipment they might need ~ Faith had no issue with that should it be needed, they'd buy it. Then, it was hitting research mode. While that happened, though, she spoke to Patrick, to see if he would be prepared to share the memory with her of meeting Ellasin. That would be, truly, invaluable and would not take the memory from him.
Off Topic

Heya - so we're waiting on a reply to these questions but it gives you the information we have so far. Faith and Pad between them have over 40 books on necromancy and magic - some of which (6) are rare / obscure. Once there's a reply to that PSF, we can give a bit more detail, but till then, we can do research-y stuff. Will post again 29th March:) Thanks you guys <3
word count: 1204
"Every evil has its good, and every ill an antidote."

~ Rharne HQ
Dust Quarter Satellite Clinic ~ Order of the Adunih~Soup Kitchen & Community Center
Varlum
Approved Character
Renown: +82
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Secrets
Wealth Tier: Tier 1
Medal count: 1

Events

Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:07 pm

He was late.

It was understandable, all things considered. After being thrown through a building and with no mount big enough to take his weight it was no surprise. While his injuries had mostly healed over the damage lingered, leaving him limping for a while. In his time as a soldier, it was the worst injury he had endured yet. Then again, it wasn't often that he would find himself put up against a man as strong and as powerful as Kane. Able to throw him through a building with ease, beat him without any mercy because of the passion and hatred he felt. Varlum didn't know what drove the man, it didn't matter. It stood against his own beliefs. That was what mattered. Which is why he was here now. He had killed many people. But who he killed, and who this bitch had killed, was the difference. Faith had made the suit for him at the ball, his closest time with Auya since they had met one another. Now she needed help - and he would help her get it.

As he had approached the house he didn't wait for an answer. He didn't want to interrupt in that way, knocking at the door and blocking any conversation they might have been having. He was here as a Knight, not that anyone would need to be told. With the pin he wore it showed them all who he was, at least enough that they would trust him. Limping with a small snarl, he shut the door behind him and walked towards where he had heard voices. Odds were that they would stop when they heard him approach, or not. It didn't matter much. They'd know he was here and why soon enough. He'd be sure to explain it to everyone as best he could, loud and clear. No matter how many soldiers they had here they would always need more - and Varlum was different than the others. Magic at his side and the power of Ethelynda meant he was a force to be reckoned with, ignoring his sheer size and strength.

Eventually, he found himself in the doorway of the room they were all in, opening it with enough noise to attract attention to anyone that listened. Subtly limping, Varlum moved past the doorway, head lowered to let himself in with the smouldering axe on his back. Embersteel and Adamantite mixed to make a weapon that was menacing to see, the vision of flames burning along it. "Sorry I'm late" the man spoke with a low growl as he entered the room, his head raising as much as it could. Living in any city that wasn't Ivorian meant he had grown used to houses that might not accommodate him all too well. That was a part of being built like the Thiussum, a part of it worth the other aspects. Ducking through doorways was a small price to pay for the efficiency he found in his job. The Ithecal were fighters. Strong, powerful fighters.

Days like this, that was anything but a bad thing.

He stood himself up, giving a small glance to the people in the room. It seemed not all of them needed a full introduction. All of them were mostly strangers bar one. Nir'wei. A fellow knight, one that Varlum had stood beside in training and given advice too, as well as offering protection and training. They had a strange encounter, to say the least. It was rare Varlum was so open about his past with someone. But something inside of Nir'wei, that flare that kept him standing despite the beatings, stood out to the Ithecal. There was more than hope for Nir'wei, Varlum knew he would do well. There was no doubt about it - and seeing him here only strengthened that thought. There were differences now, though. Nir'wei had seen Varlum before his mission. Before the scars that coated his body, near to hundreds of them from the rubble he had forced off himself. Before his limp and the giant axe on his back. Before that newfound burning of determination in his eyes, proof that he was a man with a goal. A mission.

"We met before, Faith. You tailored my suit for what was the best night of my life thus far. But for those that don't, my name is Varlum. A Lightning Knight and Warden of the Lake Lovalus" he started when the room was quiet enough, speaking to any that would listen. "I was one of the first three to take down and kill a Flameborn. Ethelynda herself chose me to represent her and fight alongside her. I can swing an axe harder than most could imagine."

The Ithecal gave a small sigh as he took a few small steps forward, body sore from the fight he had been in the Cycle prior. While he could have addressed the room, it wasn't them he was here for. Instead, his eyes fell to Faith and Padraig and he carefully kneeled down before them in a show of respect. His head lowered for but a trill before he raised it again and met the two in the eyes. "I am still injured from an attack by a fellow Knight that left me buried in rubble. But I can assure you of one thing. My wounds are not enough to protect any that stand in your way. With Rharne at my back, the Induk of Lovalus at my side and Ethelynda watching over me, I will stand with you. For you. For the night of happiness you have given me, I offer you a lifetime of protection, as I offer all those in Rharne that do us right There's just one thing left to do and we can get started."

"Tell me what to do - and let's take this bitch down."

word count: 1002

Return to “The Stormlands”