Yes It is Buzzing. (Pad)

Beyond the city of Rharne lies the Stormlands, which is home to a number of farms, forests, fields, Lake Lovalus, and the River Zynyx. This subforum also includes the Stormwastes to the south.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Gennadiya Lyosha Doctor
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Physician
Renown: 843
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Yes It is Buzzing. (Pad)

Vhalar 26 720
Gennadiya felt a bit uncomfortable standing there before the Augustine home. Genna was worried about interrupting the family of her friend. What she understood was the she was still in a comma and she had worked to give them space, but now she really needed some information and she just didn’t have the abilities to gather that information. So it was that she had come straight from Rharne with the items in question. A group of them had explored some caves in the Stormwaste and discovered a cavern with some artifacts. A crystal similar to the others but with unique properties.

So it was that dressed in her travel clothes, and for her slightly disheveled. Gennadiya stood at the front door of the estate, and knocked on the door and then stepped back to wait for someone to open the door. She brought her head up and brushed a strand of hair off of her shoulder. Despite the chaos and the activity, Genna’s cheek showed the pink of someone health, and even thriving of the activity of the past seasons.

Once the door was opened Genna would introduce herself and ask if she could see Pad. She would apologies but state that she hade hopes that he could help her with some new artifacts that had come to light. She also wondered if maybe he could identify the books, or the script samples she had copied over, but a full understanding of the crystal would be the most important.
Last edited by Gennadiya Lyosha Doctor on Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 254
Padraig
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 939
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Yes It is Buzzing. (Pad)

Even before Faith had ended up in the state she was currently in, Padraig was rarely the first to open the doors when visitors came calling. Be they droppers in, or expected due to prior arrangements. He was more than usually busy working upstairs in his lab, or spending time with Faith or the children. Or both.

This trial was no exception save for the fact that almost all of his trials, and oft times his nights, were occupied by sitting alongside Faith's bedside. There were some who'd say that her condition would keep her unaware of his presence, or say that she couldn't hear or process any of what he said. He was convinced that those people were wrong, and that she was keenly aware of him being nearby, and on some level knew every word that he spoke.

So it was an older, silver haired man who answered the door when Gennadiya came calling. Tall, lean, fit, shoulder length hair and with a slight look of a rogue about him, nonetheless it would be difficult to miss a probable family resemblance. At his heels was a large, hairy black, white and blue dog with brilliant, piercing blue eyes. Tongue lolling out so that Cosmo almost seemed to be grinning, the dog sized the visitor up.

"Nice to meet you, Gennadiya," the man said, smiling when Genna introduced herself. "Please step inside out of the cold. I'll see if Padraig is available." Making sure that Genna was comfortable, he left her there briefly. Having apparently decided that their visitor was not of the nefarious persuasion, Cosmo wagged his tail happily and stayed behind.

It was only a moment before Padraig appeared. "Gennadiya," he said in greeting. "It's good to see you again. I hope you've been well? Cyrus, my grandfather in case he failed to introduce himself properly, tells me you've some things you'd like me to look at. I'd be happy to do that. Maybe best, up in my workshop if you don't mind a short climb?" he asked. With that, he'd show her up three flights of stairs, the last of them a steeper, spiraling set.

The climb emptied into a medium sized space with octagonal walls. The room might rightfully be referred to as a turret, which Padraig had fashioned into a comfortable workspace. There was a large window on one section of roof, and a large telescope was positioned beneath it. Otherwise there was a desk, a workbench, and cabinets, shelves and drawers full of all sorts of interesting things. And places to sit, of course. "So," Padraig said with a genuinely curious smile. "Let's see what you've got here. It would also be helpful to know how you came about them." Origins, or supposed origins, after all, were often a large part of the story.
word count: 484
Gennadiya Lyosha Doctor
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Gennadiya wasn’t surprised when the door was opened by someone other then the owners. Her own door was usually answered by her father, though she wasn’t home that often. Genna smiled at the older man and said. “Thank you.” She stepped inside and took in the room around her even as she pushed back the hood of her cloak. Her hair was in its normal bun at the back of her head, but a few whisp of hair had escaped in her travel, but she wasn’t to concerned about that. At least not at this time. Genna smiled at the dog but and gentle would pet him if he asked or allowed, but she was fairly focused on her reason for being here.

Then Padraig walked into the room and Genna smiled at the mortalborn Alchemist. She was glade to receive such a warm reception. The young woman had a few experiences in the past were peoples worry and grief had made them irritable and unfriendly. Padraig from what she knew hadn’t struck her as that sort but she had been surprised before. “Thank you. I am doing well, though looking forward to a time when I don’t have to keep traveling between Rhane and Storm Edge.” She smiled again at the older man. “Nice to meet you Cyrus.” She had notice the resemblance and it was even more clear with them standing side by side. Genna nodded her agreement that the lab would be best and followed behind him. “How are you holding up?” Genna asked as they walked concerned about his mental health mostly. “Are there any improvements in Faith?” Faith was one of Genna’s closest friends and she worried about her as well. She actually felt bad she couldn’t come by more but she also knew that Faith would be disappointed if Genna shirked her responsibilities.

The young healer was on her feet most of every trial so she didn’t find the climb all that difficult and once they were up there Genna smiled in approval at the lab. It looked like an ideal place to study. Genna had a study at her home but had spent so much time over the past arc in Storm’s Edge that it didn’t have her touch to it yet. Padraig got down to business and asked about where they were found.
mod description
the tunnels will be found to lead to a large stone chamber deep underneath the Stormlands, around Caervalle Town. It is dominated by a huge stone obelisk that wouldn't look out of place in a religious site, and hums with the energy of a crystal at its tip that resembles those found within all fire creatures of the Stormwastes - except it has been cut into a pyramid shape and etched with symbols on each side. At the base of the obelisk stand four stone shelves, each one stained heavily with blood that has clearly dried long ago. There is also a separate section cut out of the walls with a metal-bar door over the front, clearly meant to be a prison chamber for humans judging by the straw bed and metal bowls inside, however the chamber is empty and mostly clean. Those with Master Detection will recognise the gouge marks of human fingernails on the stone walls. It would have taken someone weeks, if not months, to make such progress.

Other hints towards recognisable living quarters can be found in simple carved stone beds and furniture, spare sets of simple black robes unlike anything ordinarily worn in Rharne, simple books written in the Aukari tongue on the generic teachings and practices of worship to Faldrun and his doctrines, and letters of correspondence between a person known as Sielar and a man known as Rhaum. Rhaum requests information on their progress, provides support and congratulations on their progress, and confirms "Your time will be soon, I promise."

Five tunnels branch out from the chamber, besides the one that they enter from. By the time they arrive, these chambers have been sealed. Not by debris, but by huge single pieces of shaped stone.
Genna carefully explained that they had gone to the Umbral Caverns and while there had all put fallen into a tunnel under the caves which lead to a chamber. “We found a number of the nickels, including a Bob, trying to destroy the tunnel to the cavern. Vega has way of understanding their words.” She then processed to provide the description of the caves. Once she was done she looked at him with a raised eyebrow. “While not exact the description to what has been see previously isn’t far off.”

Genna then pulled out the items she had brought. The letters, books, crystal, robes and her note book with copies of the writing on the obelisk, as well as some of the stone chips from the benches that were stained red. “This is the stone that was on top of the obelisk, it hummed until we removed it. I wasn’t sure if you could identify the writing, but hoping you could look them over and let us know what we might have on our hands.” She knew he was an alchemist and so had other ways to test things then she did. She then pulled out a black gem.
Black Gem
Black Gem of the Doomernickel. Vega managed to pluck the gem powering the Doomernickel from its body before it could complete its self-destruction. The gem is constantly hot to the touch, completely black and opaque in appearance - however it appears as though the gem is filled with something black, instead of being black itself, upon closer inspection
"This one came from what we call a doomernickle. A huge floating fireball that guarded something called a portal." That particular piece she didn't have. "It was the worst we have fought so far." Genna paused her eyes sad. "We lost a member of the Order when it exploded as it died." She focused. "This was the gem at its heart."

word count: 1019
Padraig
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 939
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Once Cosmo had concluded that Gennadiya was no threat to any of the household's inhabitants, the dog was more than happy to accept any pats or scratches she was willing to give them. Once Padraig arrived and invited Genna up to accompany him up to his lab and workshop, tail wagging, Cosmo followed along. But only until they reached the second landing. There, a smallish cat met them, though not any ordinary house cat. This one had no fewer than four tails, and arcs of blue energy were dancing between their tips as she hissed at the dog.

"Stay here, Cosmo," Padraig muttered as he stepped around the cat that seemed determined to stop the dog going any further. "Quattro, mind your manners. They ordinarily get on famously," he explained to Gennadiya. "Lately though, they seem to sense with Faith's condition, that things aren't quite what they ought to be. They've got a bit of a turf war going on at the moment." But as for him? "I've been better rested, but I'm fine. Faith's condition hasn't changed, but I know that it will. She just needs time," he asserted with a smile. "I've never known anyone more determined than she is."

Meanwhile, it appeared that he'd been brought quite a lot to study and look at. Best they get started. While he gathered up his hat, the glasses and goggles that he'd used previously, along with pencil and notebook, and an odd device that somehow resembled a very small telescope pointed downwards towards a glass plate rather than up towards the heaven, Padraig listened carefully to what Genna had to say. She might have seen a device like this one before, one that could be used to examine things so small as to be invisible to the naked eye. Assuming that one was in use at the clinic.

"From your description of the chamber and it's contents, it does sound very much like a temple of sorts. A place of worship. Clearly one that embraces sacrificial rites. The obelisk, the crystal. Mother, in a sense." Or father; in either case the obelisk and it's humming crystal seemed central to the arrangement. "There seems to be a lot of emphasis on the number four," he considered. "Philosophy isn't my specialty but I was exposed to enough of them back in university to have picked up a thing or two. Numbers, like many other things, can be symbolic. Four sided pyramid, four sacrificial altars." He pulled down a book off a nearby shelf. A dusty one that he tended to use on only the rare occasion. Philosophy, after all, in Padraig's mind...Not a science.

But in this it might be useful. "Here it is," he said after flipping through a few pages. "The number four, linked to the cross and the square. Signifies things that are solid, can be felt and touched. But also justice, loyalty, wisdom and trust." Flipping through a few more pages, considering the shape of the crystal and obelisk, he paused again. "The pyramid seems to be subject to several interpretations. A form, wide at the base, meant to collect blessings and wisdom from the higher realms of the stars, universe, other worlds, and so on. The bottom represents a solid foundation, earth, the known realm, while the narrower top is a pathway to a higher state of consciousness."

Or, the designers of the place just had a fixation of the number four, and liked pyramids. In any case, better to put his equipment to use. He lacked the ability to translate the symbols etched into the crystal, but he might find other ways to translate them. What he saw and experienced when he put on the goggles and glasses might answer those questions. "I'm marked by Yvithia, but my ability to translate languages is fairly limited to words spoken aloud to me," he explained, "rather than etched or written down. But I can gaze into the history of the letters and etchings themselves, and that in itself might reveal a translation."

After gazing at the black gem through a magnifying glass, but otherwise with the naked eye, Padraig quirked a brow. "At first glance, it might have been onyx or black sapphire. It's not though. As if it's somehow alive inside." That said, he offered Gennadiya a seat, since this might take a while, as he located a small blue stone on the shelf. A gift, part of his blessing from Yvithia, that might help him with translations should he come across any visions or spoken experiences along the way. He'd hold it in one hand while examining the items that Gennadiya had brought him. Hat on, goggles, then spectacles, each and every item. Letters, books, crystal, robes, the black gem and even the apparently blood stained stone chips.

He'd speak aloud what he was able to learn, as he learned it, so long as he was able. This way Gennadiya would be able to take notes. What notes he could take along the way, he'd do so as well. And once that was done, he'd use the microscopic device to study the chips of stone. He'd compared enough samples of mortal blood of numerous races, of mortalborns and even immortals to be able to discern what differences there might be.
word count: 909
Gennadiya Lyosha Doctor
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Gennadiya didn’t remember meet the many tailed cat and gave it a curious glance but didn’t say anything as it and the dog had their disagreement. The young woman honestly didn’t have much experience with pets. Her father was allergic to both dogs and cats though she had missed that trait. Based on what she had heard the dog and cat not playing well made sense. She did nod her head a bit of surprise when Padraig explained that they normally got along. She continued to listen as he explained about his own heal and Faith’s condition.

“I am sorry that you have seen any progress with Faith. You are right though her sheer determination will see her through.” While she had hoped for progress she was pleased that it hadn’t deteriorated either. She gave him a look. “Let me know if you. We’d any help sleeping I know a few teas that can help. Also if you need any help. I sadly can’t be here often since much of my time is at the Front, but I know a number of members of the Order who would be glad to help even if just to sit with her while so you can sleep or spend time with the rest of your family.”

Once they had settled down and explanations had been given Genna reached into her bag and pulled out her note book. As she flipped the book around she realized this wasn’t her notebook but was instead the research journal taken from the lab. “One moment I seem to have given you my notebook.” She went to the pile and made the swap. As she put the other book down. “This book is in common but was found in a lab behind one of the sealed doors. It is research notes on the creation of the nickels. Though given that it was left not sure how complete it is but worth searching.”

Having switched the books Genna began to take notes as he made comments about what he observed. She made notes on the symbolize of as Pad dictated it to her. She found it interesting and figured would need to really analyze it more. The person running this could true it believe he was right and justified. It would help understand motives better.

She continued to make notes as they moved on to the other items Genna writing notes. Analyzing would come after all data had been collected.
word count: 419
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Stormlands”