• Mature • Empty Moons

82nd of Ashan 718

A settlement east of Rynmere across a stretch of water called 'the eastern trench' broken into three regions: Welles, Oakleigh, and Berwick.
Alistair
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Wanderer
Renown: 1000
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Re: Empty Moons

With his acceptance, and all the teasing and humor they'd shared, the man nodded firmly as he grinned into the embrace of the much smaller Sev'ryn. Nir'wei was a charming, soulful thing; it was his presence among the cold soil that had brought Alistair such an overwhelming sense of warmth. For a trial, he could feel his heart breathe in affection once more, even if only for the heart of a stranger. It felt good to be relied upon for something other than power, or political wisdom, or a consistent stream of funds in exchange for medicinal work. Rather than his magic, or his politics, nobility or wealth, Nir'wei had been taken -- and had found peace within -- his body, his essence, the person that he was. And he'd convinced him of something useful: that he hadn't deserved the pain he'd always directed towards himself. That he was worth more than that.

And, Nir'wei was much the same. He was not merely a nameless, faceless supplier of fleeting satisfaction. He was a bright-minded, insightful soul with a heart of gold and a tongue like those of his most beloved courtiers. All without the pretense, and the vice, and the evil. He found himself growing fond of the Sevir, and quickly -- perhaps too quickly, as was his weakness.

He allowed Nir'wei into his arms, and wrapped his form around him, eclipsing much of his body and shielding him from the brunt of the cold, whistling winds. With only nature as his bedding, he was surprised by how easily he'd begun to fall asleep, the soft breaths of the smaller man lulling his thoughts into calm as silence overcame the two of them. It was clear that he hadn't any intention of going to his camp, particularly as it meant he'd likely not be as necessary in order for the Sev'ryn to lay his head to rest.

Then, breaks past, and morning came. The two awoke together, and spent considerable time merely chatting in the field, discussing silly and trivial things. Little more of themselves, and who they were and what they had endured, was shared. The discussion became less about Nir'wei and Alistair and more about the world - and it was a vibrant series of discussions to have. Growing into something worthy of the moniker of 'friends', Alistair promised Nir'wei to meet him again at a later time, though he was uncertain of how later that might be. Rharne was where the Sev'ryn intended on going, and so the man - familiar with the city - determined that he would, in fact, venture to Rharne.

Making it a deal, the two shook upon it, and Alistair prepared to leave -- none short of the revelation that he was in fact, after all, not a Lotharro and that most of his claims were complete mythology. At least, he was pleased, it had worked in securing him a night of comfort - and he could only think warmly upon the concept of sharing such a night again, when finally he came to see the Sev'ryn once more.
word count: 527
Kesindir
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Fisherman
Renown: 90
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Empty Moons

Thread Rewards

Alistair

Overview

This thread was rather enjoyable. You write Alistair so well, I could even feel his embarssament as Nir'wei walked up on him while he was stark naked! Then to convince the man to join him. Utterly impressive. Well written, very descriptive. You bring Alistair to life with how he's written and it doesn't go unnoticed! Enjoy your rewards! :)

Loot & Renown

None

Injuries

None

Knowledge

Endurance: Withstanding Cold Conditions Without Clothes
Meditation: Immersing Oneself in Nature For Clarity
Meditation: Focusing On Emotions Amidst Isolation
Deception: Convincing Someone Of False Self Attributes
Deception: Faking Cultural Traditions

These were requested via PM and approved.

Nir'wei

Overview

I love the dynamic of Nir'wei, Greyhide, and Archailist. The trio really is enjoyable to read and they work so well together. Your writing is beautifully descriptive and paints a picture that I can see. Bravo on actually dropping trow and joining Alistair bare for the world to see as the two of you talked.
I'd have went to the house personally! :lol: Enjoy your rewards!

Loot & Renown

None

Injuries

None

Knowledge

Knowledge:
Hunting: Don't spend too long waiting for the right moment.
Hunting: Stalking feline prey.
Hunting: Don't overcomplicate things.
Fieldcraft: Relying on your animal companions to hunt and scavenge for food and water.
Fieldcraft: If you want to conserve resources, don't invite strangers to your camp.
Fieldcraft: Using the body heat of others to warm yourself on cold nights.
Fieldcraft: Definitely don't get naked in a field if you don't want hypothermia.
Fieldcraft: You can't fall asleep on frozen soil without padding and insulation.
Detection: Using familiars to see more than you normally would.
Detection: Picking out notable broad features of the environment as confirmation of suspicions.
This was a pleasure to read, both of you well done! I hope to catch more threads of the two of you together. Wonderful dynamic. If you feel I've missed anything or have any concerns, feel free to send me a PM and we can chat! I'll amend your review request with my stamp, found here.

word count: 348
Kesindir: "Spoken word in Rakahi"
"Spoken word in Common"
Thought
Others: "Spoken word"

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived....I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Eastern Settlement”