Mr Tricks

The greatest repository of knowledge and most prestigious center of learning in all of Idalos.

Moderators: Whisper, Banshee

Zana
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Reluctant Scholar
Renown: +64
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:05 am

21st Ymiden, 718
21st Ymiden, 718. This was it. This was the trial that she was going to die. Zana Delroth, daughter of the Immortal and, without a doubt in her eyes, the most beautiful woman on Idalos was going to end here. In the few times in her life that Zana had ever been told 'no', like that time that Theo had refused to give up his office space to her as a room where she worked, she had sulked. In that sulking, she had imagined just how sorry the offender would be as she lay, gracefully expiring on her beautiful bed. How Theo would beg her not to die, for he needed her more than he had ever told her and of course she could have his office. She could have whatever she wanted and he would never allow her to want for anything again, as long as he lived like the puny mortal he was. She, being the benevolent and wonder she was, she would rally and live and then no one would ever say no to her again.

But no, that was not how she was going to die. She was going to die here and she was going to die of boredom. Oh, people said that you couldn't, but they didn't understand - she was Mortalborn. Her father was Delroth and she was superior to these pathetic little plebeians in every way possible. This meant that, when she was bored by a monotonous voice and dull subject matter it was different for her. They were bored and moved on but what no one seemed to understand was that she might die

Uncaring for Zana's very well being, her Immortal-spawned soul the professor droned on. Zana tried to concentrate. Something about his voice just bored her and she felt her eyes closing as she rested her head in her hand, her chin in her palm and she started to doze off. Reagents, essence, focus.... it all blurred into one. Then, Zana felt her head drop and she awoke with a start. The young man next to her looked at her and he smiled. "Morning," he said and she grinned slightly. She even had the good grace to look a little shamefaced. Her fellow student lifted his hand to suggest that she had some drool and Zana lifted her hand before realising that he was teasing her.

He gave a smile and offered his hand. "Zane," he said and she chuckled. "Zana," she replied and he clutched at his heart in a completely over acted way. "It was meant to be. Would you like some lunch?" Zana looked at him and considered then nodded. "I would. Thank you."

"No worries," he replied and offered her his arm. "I didn't say I was paying, did I?"

Zana looked at him and her smile would melt Treid's heart. "You didn't say that no. But you are, aren't you? Otherwise, you most certainly wouldn't raise it here." He chuckled and nodded. "I like you. Why are you wearing a pink rose in your hair?"

Looking at him with apparently series ice blue eyes Zana replied. "I like you too, Zane. But I must ask, why aren't you?"

I'll lead you through moonlight, only to burn you in the sun
I'll take your heart, you won't know what I've done

Zana
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:39 am

21st Ymiden, 718
Zana laughed brightly and considered that, if she could put her hands on Theo's neck about now, she'd throttle him. Twice. Or actually, that wasn't what she'd do if she got her hands on him and she knew it, but a girl could dream. Zane, as it turned out, came from a phenomenally wealthy family. He was funny, sweet and endearing.

And she was already more bored than when she'd had to read that book.

He was a nice boy. But by all the Immortals, he was a boy. He tried hard, he wanted to show her how sophisticated he was. So he'd brought her here to a very nice restaurant. It was there that Zana believed that his parents were rich - he had the sense of fitting in here which many never managed. It was like he was born into this lifestyle. Zana, of course, was completely at home and more than that, she was quite sure that each and every person in here was prepared to worship her.

"So, tell me about yourself?" Zane asked and then he looked at her a little shamefaced. "That's an awful line isn't it? Do though. You haven't been in the Academy long, I'd have seen you. Or Viden come to that." Zana looked at him and smiled. He was nice. He was rich. He was physically fit and would be a good person to know. "Well, we're both just Letter students. I might be retaking for the seventh time." He grinned and shook his head. "You aren't. I already have a Charter in Chemistry, I'm taking my second set of qualifications and if I'd seen you, I'd have known."

He was doing chemistry, or had - even better - already done it? Zana knew an opportunity when she saw one and, more than that, she was able to exploit it. So, she tried very hard not to blush and, of course, blushed as a consequence. "You're very kind," she said, but that was enough. He would be the kind to appreciate that she showed him - only ever him of course - her vulnerable side. However, he'd need to work hard to uncover it over a period of time. To slowly work away at her defenses. Yes, that was what he needed. "Chemistry sounds dull, though. Are you dull, Zane?"

He reached over and took her hand and Zana looked down at it in just the right mixture of surprise and then a tinge of delight crossed her face. "I hope not. What would you like to eat?" She shrugged and handed him the menu. "I don't mind. You decide."

With a bit of luck, she thought, he'd be good or quick in the sack and would offer to do her homework for her. If her father was watching, she prayed, that would be ideal.

Zana
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:58 pm

21st Ymiden, 718
It had been a nice, pleasant evening and Zane had been attentive and polite. They'd eaten the finest food and drunk the finest wine, though not much of it of course. Then, he'd offered to walk her back to her room and Zana looked at him, as though considering it. In fact, she was. "I'm not sure, Zane. I'm not sure what you're suggesting, but I'm not the kind of girl to..." he looked up in surprise and shook his head, speaking over her. "No! No, not that. I'm offering to walk you home, that's all. Make sure you're safe." Immortals, how she wished a pox on Theo in this moment, Zana thought to herself and looked at him with a slight lifting of her lips. "For all you know, I was about to say that I'm not the kind of girl to ever say no." It would be closer to the truth than what he assumed, she considered and her smile softened. "No, I know what you were going to say, I'm an excellent judge of character," he said. It took all her self control not to laugh. "And I know that somewhere, there's a man who has hurt you. Well, I won't make it two."

It was a shame, Zana thought, when the end of such a good meal was ruined by the nausea brought on by such as this. But never mind.

"I suppose it will be nice," she said, a slight smile and just the very smallest lean forward, towards him. "To have someone to walk me home. I don't know Viden well, not at all." He stood and offered his arm. "M'lady?" Zana hesitated for just a few trill and then, took his arm and walked out. They strolled together and she considered that he was too short for her liking. Biqaj men tended towards being taller and really that was just entirely her problem. What would Theo say were he to walk round the corner? Sighing slightly, she pushed the thought away. There was no point to it, but Zane would be a quickly forgotten memory, she knew that.

Or an interesting job.

But that was her mind wandering and it wouldn't do to allow that. He'd just asked her something, she realised and she turned to look at him. He smiled encouragingly and she knew he'd asked her about herself, because although she hadn't been paying attention, she'd heard it. So, she shrugged. "I don't like talking about myself," she lied. There had never been a more vain or self absorbed beast than Zana Delroth after all. "I came to Viden because I was due to be married." She glanced at him, trying to capture nervous. It wasn't easy for her to do that and so she came across as awkward, but that worked too. "I didn't know him, it was arranged." Somewhere, the dead man she had been about to marry was spinning in his grave. Had they buried him, she wondered? Maybe she should have attended that. "I'd traveled over from Rharne, he died before I arrived." Zane looked, because he felt, horrified. Unperturbed, Zana continued. "So, now I am here, I scraped together the last of my money and I'm hoping to fulfil a dream of studying at the Viden Academy." She had dreamed of it. Just last night, she'd been lost in the stacks of books and it had caused her to wake with a start.

Zane looked at her and his eyes were filled with compassion. Oh, how she wanted to use her Immortals-granted abilities and make him feel a sudden carnal lust to rival Syroa. Still, she didn't. Instead, she motioned to the corridor. "This is me." Turning back to him, she learned forward and kissed him on the cheek. "Goodnight, Zane. I had a lovely evening. I'll see you in class tomorrow."

That said, she went into her room and closed the door. "Don't look at me like that," she said to Mr Tricks, her stuffed bear. "Beggars and choosers, and all that."

Oberan
Approved Character
Profession: Part-time God
Renown: -63
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Miscellaneous

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:44 pm

Review Rewards

The Swift Tailor

Points awarded: 10

Knowledge:

Acting: Hiding a laugh
Acting: Pretending to be vulnerable
Acting: Try not to blush to make yourself blush
Acting: Pay attention or you'll lose role.
Endurance: Staying awake during an incredibly dull lecture
Endurance: Not yawning in class

Magic: No magic exp

Other: +5 Fame for being seen in a fancy schmancy restaurant with rich boi Zane (from 1D)

Notes:
Well, Zana sure is a vain creature, isn't she? But I very much like her spoiled princess attitude and her little schemes. A very enjoyable read for sure!

Your review request is here.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns in regards to this review, feel free to PM.
Just because I shouldn't doesn't mean I won't.

"Speaking"| If it's a sentence, then it's a thought|"Others speaking"
Mortalborn Abilities | Die Roller

Return to “Viden Academy”