• Out of Character • [Scalvoris] Announcements

The place for Prophets to spread the word about what is new to Scalvoris.

A richly diverse island with a wealth of unusual flora and fauna and an ecosystem unlike any other. From ice caves to a volcano and lots more this is a place for explorers, scientists and those with a sense of adventure! Suggested starter area for new players.

Moderators: Pig Boy , Basilisk Snek

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Re: [Scalvoris] Announcements

Keeping Busy
Alright lovelies - I've started working through our locations to bring them up to date with the wealth system. This is a bit of a fiddly job, so I'm going to do it slowly, slowly. I've done the University and the Food & Drink and the Places to Stay sections of the Scalvoris Town Locations. I'll keep plugging away over the next few days / weeks.

~Peg.
word count: 70
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Converting for Wealth!
Just an FYI - I've gone through the entire Fauna repository - and converted all the gold nel and stuff to wealth tiers. I've also added in a few "secrets" info. So this on is now up to date

There is also a sign-up for one of next season's events - to be clear we're going to have:

1. A Scavenger Hunt around the island. This will start on 1st Feb and will take place IC on the first 20 days of the season. It will be a mixture of self-mod and modded, in a new format I'm wanting to try out. There won't be sign-ups, instead I'm going to release "tasks" which pcs do (or not) and they report back. So it's more driven by the speed of the player.

2. Fire Forged. Sign ups here - this takes place on the last three trials of the Cycle, although it starts on 1st Feb. This will be a three-day-post schedule with a three-strikes you're out policy on skipping posts.

The calendar is ready to go - I've done things a little differenty this season - there are festivals and events as you're used to in this kind of thing. But I've made more of the Natural Phenomena, Skies etc - and also added in a section per mini-location so that people playing there can have a few specifics. I've also tried to make sure that I'm giving links to locations around Scalv, to help our players new and old, because there's a lot of information here.

Nearly a new Cycle!! Can I just remind you that each PC is allowed no more than 5 placeholders and they should be named. There's no need to put any up yet, that's a job for next week.

~Peg.
word count: 316

Trouble
Prophet of Old
Profession: Developer
Renown: 12
Templates

Guinea Pigs Wanted!

Hello Scalvoris!

Ever wanted to have a go at fighting the frontier of nature? Does the sound of ruling as a king over a city built in your image appeal?

This season I have been working on a system to guide players wanting to make their own player-run settlements. The player does this purely through threads, so there's no need to play a resource management mini-game, but though this system can monitor how their settlement grows as a result of their actions and receive special rewards for their efforts.

However this system needs testing, which is why I am looking for one or two players to take part in a beta-test of this system beginning next season. Those that take part will receive a special reward for their assistance, and may also choose to keep their settlement as the end of the season if they wish, but do not need to if they decide it is not for them.

If you would be interested in taking part in this trial please PM me to register your interest before the end if the season.

Thank You,

Regards
Trouble
word count: 194
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Rebirth 721

Welcome to Scalv! Here are the Cycle Highlights!

The Roster please sign up here.
Sweetwine Song End of Season Seasonal Sign up.
Cylus Dusk 1st Cylus. Moderated Thread
Scalv Hunt 2 - all season mod-involvement - great prizes!

Expeditions & Exchanges with Rharne and Viden
Council Meeting

And - of course - the Calendar!

Hope you all enjoy!

word count: 56

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Rebirth 721

From 30th - 38th Ashan, all of Scalv is covered in a dense freeze. Snow and ice cover the place, it's near impossible to get warm. Ice infiltrates all except the most well-insulated buildings. The massive storm stops and then snow and ice cover immediately.

During that time there is literally no violence on Scalv - it is peaceful. This also means there are no burgularies, etc.

Something resembling an explanation!

word count: 73

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Rebirth 721

Ok - so in light of the encroaching season change, etc.

In order to a) ensure personal timeline continuity and b) stop me from having a breakdown and c) ensure that you all can play your PC in any point of time. The following is happening.

1. The Egilrun War will take place over the 8 days from the 30th - 38th Ashan.

2. The moment of Hart's Wish (because Hart deserves a win!) you who are involved in the war were actually trapped in what is essentially the most powerful ether storm Idalos has ever seen.

3. That, combined with Chrien's rage AND the weirdness of Fei's fracture means that for all intents and purposes, the PCs and NPCs involved in the war - and Scalvoris itself - got subsumed by Emean forces.

4. The war plays out in this "alternate / split Scalv" and the "awake" Scalv knows nothing of it. However, the moment that the war ends, the two versions of Scalv re-align.

Mechanically, this will mean that:
1. You may play the rest of the calendar / the rest of the season as your PC. However, if you are involved in the war - you do not remember anything of it (and please keep 30th - 38th blocked out).

2. The events leading up to the 30th are kind of "dream like" for you, and you're fuzzy / vague. (Please, IC, just go with it, it's the best I can do!)

3. We continue the war - and your outcomes will determine the end of it. But - Ziell and Hart and Ralaith and timey-wimey means that those outcomes will not come into effect until the 38th Ymiden (one full season after the war ends). This means you can sign up for the global without worry, that you can post between 38th Ashan and then without worry.

3. On the 38th Ymiden- any and all consequences (good and bad) will suddenly come into play. That might be that you gain a magic item, an Immortal mark, become Fire Forged, lose a leg, an eye, or drop down dead.

4. Also on the 38th Ymiden - The two "versions" of you will merge and you will fully remember both.

For those of you not involved in the war. Please play on as though the calendar is what it is. You know nothing of any war, what's anyone talking about? On 38th Ymiden, you'll either hear about it - or notice that the world has ended

word count: 416

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

A Modded Thread Wish-List!

Here is a place where you can request a modded thread from the scalv mods. Go on - give it a go!

word count: 26

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Currently MIA!!!

You may have noticed that I'm not around much at the moment - we had the pre-holiday kiddie-fest which took my time (and was fab!) - but unfortunately, I have a family member who is very unwell and I have very limited time on site. What time I do have, I'm going to try and do things, but honestly I also don't have headspace and that means I'm going to try and write but my pcs are more likely to get attention. Please be patient with Avalon who is holding the reins a bit single-handedly at the moment. I will be back soon - in the meantime, if you can do, please consider helping out by submitting a calendar event or offering your services as a GST here

Thanks!

word count: 135

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Update!

Further to the announcement here a few days ago, I've made the decision to take a hiatus / sabbatical from city modding for a Cycle. Scalvoris will be overseen by Avalon and Vulpes in my absence. I'm not abandoning them, however, I'm in the background and will be popping in to the PSF and doing the admin stuff, I just need a break from mod-duties for a while. I'm going to write my pcs for a Cycle and hopefully give them a kickstart.

So - short version - I'm still around and in the background, I'll still be doing admin things. But, for the remainder of this cycle and next cycle, please direct Scalv-related queries to Avalon and Vulpes :) Thanks!!

word count: 126

Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Eastern: East: Scalvoris”