• Graded • CitW Endgame 4: Oblivion

120th of Ashan 719

Here is the repository of the story of the Fall of Emea. This forum contains all posts from "The Maze" and "Crack in the Wall" - the two events which led to the Fall.

Moderator: Staff

Oluwànjẹ
Approved Character
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Hunter, Bounty Hunter, Scout
Renown: 95
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: CitW Endgame 4: Oblivion

➸ Endgame: Oblivion ➸
➸ Mood: Resolute!
➸ Company: No one
➸ Current Thought: I have nothing left to lose
➸ Current Theme: Save Me From Myself

➸ This was it, we were right there. I felt confident, despite what I was giving up, that we could do this. But all my confidence wouldn't really matter. Before we could all reach the next door, the final door, the ceiling was torn clean off......then nothing but darkness.

I woke up to find myself in new clothes, but everything I had with me, the mirror and my arrowhead, the ashes of Insomnia, were all gone. I was now just on this narrow path with nothing but endless darkness around me. I wasn't all to sure what happened thinking only the worse.

Were our sacrifices not enough? Did we run out of time already? I couldnt really say for sure, but as I got to my feet one thing was certain, I had to go forward.

The path was frighteningly narrow but I made my way along it, then I saw it, the glint in the distance. I ran up to it and realized it was the Mirror. It was good to know that thing was sturdy. Putting it in my pocket I continued along to the path, seeing the portal like doorway up ahead.

As I got closer I could see something else sitting in front of the doorway. On the left side of the doorway was an apple, a red one. I remembered from that one room we had to find these.

Not sure whether to take one or the other I took them both. Looking back along the path I knew there was no way I could go back. I came this far, it was time to see this through. And so with a deep breath, I stepped through the portal, the mirror in my pocket, and the red apple in hand. ➸

"Common Speech"

"Xantheon Speech"
word count: 322
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

word count: 2
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

The Review
Oluwanje

Overview

I think Olu has so much potential as a pc - I suspect that he'll make a real mark on the world. Lots of fun, and I really enjoyed tormenting you challenging you in this series of threads. Well done!

XP: 20 (not for magic)

Renown: 30

Loot

You are the only person who did not need to sacrifice to the Door.

Sacrifice 1: Olu sacrifices his fearful heart. When he awakens, he feels a tight and sudden pain in his chest. That subsides quickly. From that point onwards, when Olu starts to feel fear, his heart stops beating and his fear response dies. This can have good - and bad - effects, play it as you see fit.

Sacrifice 2: Olu sacrifices his soul and this resonates around the Dreamscape. He is unable to find / see his familiar and he finds himself totally unable to feel any emotions - good, bad, or indifferent.

+1 Mirror. This allows you to communicate with Vri and / or Unity. You have one favour from each of these Immortals.

Knowledge

None.

Kesindir

Overview

Such an intense young man - I really enjoy how you play Kes and how he's so, utterly, out of his depth. Yet he has an absolute focus and determination and that really just shines out of him. Great fun!

XP: 20 (Not for Magic.)

Loot

You gave "The Door" one day of your life. This will be a plot which is either approved, or run, by me! Therefore if you have a plot you'd really like to run - give me a yell and we'll work it out.

Sacrifice 1: You lose the memories / knowledge as described. However, when you return home Kes finds a small glass "snowglobe" - once a trial it plays out scenes from his mother's life.
Sacrifice 2: When you return to the waking world, you have forgotten all memories of Kiralla, Kolrim and Korva.

+1 Insomnia dust. You may use this to remove one sacrifice from any player in this event (including yourself). This must be done in the Dreamscape and should be symbolic and meaningful.

Knowledge

None

Rabu

Overview

I'm so happy that I got to write with you in this event! I love Rabu's character concept and writing for him was just great! He's a well-written character and I thoroughly enjoyed the part he played in this series. I hope you did too!

Loot

You gave "The Door" one day of your life. This will be a plot which is either approved, or run, by me! Therefore if you have a plot you'd really like to run - give me a yell and we'll work it out.

Sacrifice 1: The bird you gave as sacrifice means that Rabu forgets the story. When he wakes, he finds a small carved statue of just that bird and, whenever he holds it he can hear his mother humming to him.

Sacrifice 2: Memories forgotten - this sacrifice works exactly as intended.

+1 Apple. When you eat it (if you do) then it unlocks a new MortalBorn power for Rabu. Please PSF it.

Knowledge

None

Nir'wei

Overview

Nir'wei!! I love your pc, and I have to say, I'm so impressed with how very honest to him you are - he does what he would do and he does it without doubt or pause. It's really honest, really intense writing and I love it.

Loot

You gave "The Door" two days of your life. These may be consecutive or separate. This will be a plot which is either approved, or run, by me! Therefore if you have a plot you'd really like to run - give me a yell and we'll work it out.
Sacrifice 1: This one doesn't take. Nir'wei doesn't know why.
Sacrifice 2: And, you lose half of your soul. Archailist is gone. However, in "The Choice" Nir'wei finds him again. However, the little squirrel is weakened, almost like he's recovering from an illness. This continues for the next two Cycles and results in vivid dreams and hallucinations for both Nir'wei and Arch. Have fun as a story with that, it's the re-merging of your soul.

Knowledge

None
word count: 728
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Fall”