• Graded • CitW Round 3: The Prison

120th of Ashan 719

Here is the repository of the story of the Fall of Emea. This forum contains all posts from "The Maze" and "Crack in the Wall" - the two events which led to the Fall.

Moderator: Staff

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

CitW Round 3: The Prison

Any way the wind blows
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see

I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
A little high, little low
Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me
Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away

Mama, oh oh
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters
Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine
Body's aching all the time
Goodbye everybody I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, oh oh (anyway the wind blows)
I don't want to die
Sometimes wish I'd never been born at all
I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouch, Scaramouch will you do the Fandango
Thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening me
Gallileo, Gallileo, Gallileo, Gallileo, Gallileo, figaro, magnifico
I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come easy go will you let me go

Bismillah, no we will not let you go, let him go
Bismillah, we will not let you go, let him go
Bismillah, we will not let you go, let me go
(Will not let you go) let me go (never, never let you go) let me go (never let me go)
Oh oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no
Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me for me for me

So you think you can stop me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh baby can't do this to me baby
Just gotta get out just gotta get right outta here
Oh oh oh yeah, oh oh yeah
Nothing really matters

Anyone can see
Nothing really matters

Nothing really matters to me

Any way the wind blows
120th Ashan, 719. Midnight
The End Of All Things.

The Prisoners.

It was always dark There.

Always dark and always cold. And, inevitably, the room was bare.

It was The Prison, and more than that. It was every prison they had ever seen, every dream of being trapped or alone or afraid. It was each nightmare given form. As the Prisoner woke up, they realised that this was where they were. Here. Nowhere else. Never, again, would they be anywhere else because never again would they see outside of The Prison.

There were no doors.

There were no windows.

There was just them and every insecurity they had ever had. Each fear and self doubt given form and played out constantly.

This wasn't prison.

This was Hell.

Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine....

Objectives

Well, now, you folks are in a pickle. Welcome to The Prison.
 ! Message from: MUST DO OBJECTIVES
Consider this a prison of your PCs own making - their worst fears, greatest insecurities and truest doubts play out here. Please describe what your PC is seeing, and how they react. Go for broke on the room / environment. It fits to match. To be clear. There is a way to escape. It is possible that you will hit upon it purposely, or randomly. I'll let you know if you do. But to be clear, from your PCs point of view, this is absolutely real.
 ! Message from: CAN DO OBJECTIVES
There are 4 hidden objectives here. I'll let you know if you meet them.

Dates & Deadlines

You need to post here by Monday 4th March. If you have not done so, you've missed the round. I will be locking the thread at that time.
I will post on Tuesday 5th March.
word count: 698
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Cirrina
Race: Mer
Renown: 80
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: CitW Round 3: The Prison

The dream was beginning to anger her or maybe it wasn’t a dream. It didn’t matter because she could not seem to gain control, not of the situation and not even of herself. Her own body seemed to rally against her as the sudden darkness pressed in, the room and all its contents gone for better or worse. And she was no stranger to darkness, the deepest parts of the ocean had always been her comforting home but now. The gem was not even with her yet now her fingers and toes would be useless in the water, now the pressing darkness was something uncomfortable, fearful.

It was impossible to see around her clearly but she could swear she could hear water. As a useless human there was water. What was this place playing at? Why was she even here? First her creator dared throw her away and now this damned death hole would? Rage and something like hurt flared in the mer but nothing got passed the sudden panic as the water touched her toes.

In the dark. No light. That meant no doors. No windows. Just the dark and water, once a comfort now a silent warning that soon she would be stuck, drowned and eaten just like the weakest of the swarm. But she was not weak. Cirrina sneered into the dark though it wavered in a way it never had before as the chilled water crept up a little farther, soaking into the soak that was still on her foot.

Steeling herself the mer called into the dark as firmly as she could, “Caterpillar?”

But there was nothing save for—

splash

The mer tensed. These useless teeth would not help her here. But she was not a coward. Only the stumble in her step betrayed her nerves as in the dark the face became clear even in the gloom and doom. A face she shouldn’t, couldn’t, wouldn’t see. Yet no matter how many times she blinked the phantom did not disappear, it only moved closer the more she backed up. Only when her back hit the wall did the mer finally swing out in a panic. Useless, blunt nails smacking into solid flesh.

Her breath hitched, eyes growing wide as she squeezed woman shoulders. Bone. Firm. Flesh. Warm flesh. Living breathing flesh. The mer lips parted but no sound came out as Calilious reached out a gentle hand to press against her cheek. Just like—no—she would never, never ever go there because, “You’re dead.”

The words seemed to both echo and be swallowed in the darkness, only the trickled of water from somewhere answering her. Feeble arms, no tentacles to help she was more useless than her creator could have ever made her.

Something lodged in her throat as the dead but not dead woman smiled are her, that same familiar, vicious smile that made her heart—no. She would not cry. Never. Not before and not this time. Fear, anger, she reared back then smashed her head into Calilious face, her gripe on the woman making them both fall with a pitiful splash. It hurt. Something she distantly noted with worry because that meant it was real, that she was real.

“Enough!” Cirrina raved, smashing her fists to the ground near the red head, though whether her cry was directed at the other woman or the room she wasn’t sure, “You are not real! And if I have to rip you limb from limb again to prove it, I will.”

“Then do it!”
Those same damned words. The mer roared with fury, hands moving to Calilious’ neck, squeezing with her damp hands. Not nearly as strong as her tentacles had been. Once more she shrieked with rage though this time the words slipped out, the words she hadn’t said last time.

“Why did you lie?!”

If the red head was going to answer she couldn’t, for Cirrina never removed her hands, using all her weight. Channeling her fear into anger as her fingers tightened hard enough to cramp, Calilious’ eyes bulging, lips turning blue as she smacked at the mer. But she hadn’t let go before and she wouldn’t this time either.

Even after the body stopped smacking at her Cirrina couldn’t remove her hands as she blinked rapidly, the room still filling quietly. Socking her sock and now the thighs of her pajamas. Her lips trembled as she spoke, “You would have done the same.” Was all she could get out before she fell back in a huff, giving herself only a minute, just one, to shove it where it belonged.

When she opened her eyes the mer dragged up the well within her. Eyes refusing to focus on the body to the side of her even though she could still feel the other woman flesh under her own. She listened passed the water, for the sound, the symphony of the room. Her own notes seemed to bounce off it, as if there was nothing but her own frequency to hear but it wasn’t possible. It wasn’t.

Everything had a frequency. But she’d yet to conquer objects without a pulse. And the only one that had had a pulse was laying beside her. Grudgingly Cirrina turned to try to gain some sort of knowledge from the body but—

“Calilious.” The name finally slipped from her lips breathlessly as the woman kneeled before her whole again. And still the room filled.
word count: 923
Max
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 950
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

One trill she was desperately flipping tables, and in the next, she was plunged into a cold darkness. It felt as though the teleportation took the length of a short blink of her eyes. Her brow furrowed and a gentle chill got beneath the ridiculous pajamas she wore. It didn't take long for her eyes to adjust to the absence of light. After all, the deepest pit of Slags Deep had once been her place of infamous incarceration. It was to this condition she'd long since adapted to. Truth be told, she'd sometimes dared to consider she thrived better in Level Seven than she ever could in free society now. Trills ticked on and the world slowly revealed itself to be eerie similar to that terrible prison. Chipped-away-at stone surrounded her, expanding in every direction like she was standing in the center of a large tunnel intersection. In the distance she heard the mocking drip of water. That's when it hit her.

I'm back in fucking Level Seven?

Alone, incarcerated in this unforgiving tomb, and left hopelessly again for dead, the anxiety that came with her new reality didn't leave her trembling with fear. Instead an irrational burst of uncontrollable laughter echoed through the tunnels. The convict was practically doubled over, tears welling in her eyes as she shook her head. The irony was something she had to appreciate even if it was to the be the slow end of her. The maniacal laugh continued. Then came that familiar, blood-curdling scream that choked it off like someone had tightened a noose around her neck. Maxine snapped up straight with wide, agonized eyes. A brief silence came. Blood drained from her face, she slowly looked to the various tunnel openings beckoning her to follow their path. The scream came again and it was like a knife twisted in her middle. Her heart hammered in her chest, and without waiting for another round of shrieks, she took off in the direction she believed it had come from. She had to make it stop.

Suddenly torchlight burst from an opening in the tunnel wall as she ran. Maxine skidded to a halt, turning to peer within the lit room. Inside she saw an all-too-familiar scene. Ashcloaks gathered around Rey'na where she was chained to the stone wall. One of the hooded Mantis figured holding the mage in place turned, the torchlight hitting their face revealed Maxine's own dark, smirking expression.

"Don't!" she snarled at her doppelganger as she rushed inside with a fist clenched. "Stop!" Just as the artifact began to tear into her friend's very soul, the entire scene vanished and the light went out. The convict rushed about the empty space, hands shooting out to wound naught but air. Nothing. But still the scream came again, bringing her to dart back out into the tunnel. Another row of torches lit further down.

The boom of a Rupturer's portal reverberated sharply, sending bits of gravel raining from the ceiling. Sephira and Kura darted by in the distance. She lifted her brow and took a step forward with a thought to call out to them. That's when the macabre parade of Element masks followed suit bringing terror in their wake. The floor began to fill with water. Fire crawled along the ceiling. Fearsome spears made of earth shot across the hall like living spikes while the air billowed at her back, willing her to venture nearer to the hunting cultists. All the stimulus had the convict frozen in place. Audrae had reaped her of her ability to fear, but somehow in this hell, she was feeling something just as powerful. She eyed the spikes and fire before shaking her head and sprinting forward through the tunnel. She turned hard on her heels, trying to catch up to the sound of fleeing friends and murderous foes. She had to stop the bastards she'd thought she'd killed so long ago. She had to save her friends.

"Sephira! Kura!"

The light went out again.

Her torment continued like that for what felt like forever. Darkness. Screams. A light to ensure she could see every detail of the image created to torture her. Then darkness again. Eventually she grew exhausted. The sensory overload vanquished any sensible thought that was left in her head. The lights flickered on this time to a large amphitheater not unlike one she'd been in before. Blood of friends and enemies streamed down the ceiling and down the walls like rain on a window pane. Marred and bloodied corpses stumbled toward her, their eyes unseeing and bodies ravaged by the fatal wounds she'd dealt. There was no where to go. There was no one to call out to. No one was coming. She was stuck.

The scream came louder than it ever had before and without ceasing. Maxine dropped to her knees, squeezed her eyes shut, and clamped her hands tight over her ears. In this world she would find no reprieve. It was never going to stop. With a shaking right hand, she began pounding the stone ground over and over and over. Maxine didn't feel the blood spitting out from her knuckles.

Dialogue|Thoughts
 ! Message from: Peg
A soft sound, somewhat like the noise a newborn child makes in their sleep, echoes throughout the room. At which point.... Max disappears.
word count: 911
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Event Wiki
You're fighting for your life
Ahahahahahahahaha
It's close to midnight
Something evil's lurking from the dark
Under the moonlight
You see a sight that almost stops your heart

You try to scream
But terror takes the sound before you make it
You start to freeze
As horror looks you right between your eyes
You're paralyzed
'Cause this is thriller
Thriller night

And no one’s gonna save you
From the beast about to strike
You know it’s thriller
Thriller night
You’re fighting for your life
Inside a killer thriller tonight, yeah
Ahahahahahahahaha
I'm gonna bring it tonight
Ahahahahahahahaha

You hear the door slam
And realize there's nowhere left to run
You feel the cold hand
And wonder if you'll ever see the sun
You close your eyes
[And hope that this is just imagination
Girl but all the while
You hear a creature creeping up behind
You're out of time
'Cause this is thriller
Thriller night
From the beast about to strike
You know it’s thriller
Thriller night
You’re fighting for your life
Inside a killer thriller tonight

Ahahahahahahahaha
I'm gonna thrill ya tonight
Get up, get up

Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize y'all's neighborhood
And whosoever shall be found
Without the soul for getting down
Must stand and face the hounds of hell
And rot inside a corpse's shell

I'm gonna thrill ya tonight
Ooh, babe
'Cause this is thriller
Get up, get up (I'm gonna thrill you tonight)
Cause this is thriller

The Prisoners
It was so dark
So bright, it burned their eyes
And the silence meant that they could hear their heart beat
...even as they realised it was their own screams which deafened them
They were both there

...except Sephira had not been there before... where did Maxine go?
Chaos over ran order and a rip in the reality of the world tore through the ceiling
...when the man reached into another part of Emea, this one tore...
In the distance, there were words
whispering... promising.... hating
There was a moment, just a moment, where Sephira and Cirrina saw each other. In the same room, the walls blank and water dripping down them,
drip.... drip.... drip
no window or light and yet, a sudden flash of ... something ... as Maxine disappeared and Sephira took her place. In that moment, they would both be right to be afraid, for in that moment there was nothing there but them. Two women, naked and alone. Should either of them speak, they would find that they did not understand each other ~ no matter what language they spoke, there was no mutual comprehension. There were no familiars, no voices, they were both completely alone, in a room with a stranger. Should they glance at the room they were in they would see. It was vast, cavernous, tortuous place. No door. No window. No exit.

No hope.

Each of them had a brief ~ and bitterly cruel ~ moment of absolute lucidity.

And then, the Nightmares began to pour from the rip in reality. Drawn to the Spark, and oh so hungry.

They descended onto the flesh below.
From the beast about to strike.

Objectives & Rules

! Message from: MUST DO OBJECTIVES
Combat time! You are being attacked by Nightmare Beasts. Note the capital N. These are described here and you may now have free reign to describe the first one to reach your pc. Cirrina, yours is Moderate. Sephira, as the Offending Mage, yours is major.
Maxine. You have been ejected from the prison. You are now tainted by the magic which Sephira used to swap the two of you out. You will appear in a random thread (randomly determined by a dice roll) next round, and every round thereafter. You are, therefore, a Wild Card. You will bring with you, to that thread, a Moderate Nightmare Beast which will immediately attack one of the players in the thread. For the next round you are in the Curiously Nice House (where Sephira came from) and the beast will attack Alistair. You, as a pc, will have exactly three minutes there with the group and so might be able to gain or give information, deliver or pick up items etc. Any items you pick up, you take with you. It is vitally important that, in your post you are clear about Maxine's emotional state.Thank you!
 ! Message from: OBJECTIVES MET LAST ROUND
Maxine escaped!
 ! Message from: CAN DO OBJECTIVES
There are 3 hidden objectives here. I'll let you know if you meet them.

Dates & Deadlines

You need to post here by Monday 11th March. If you have not done so, you've missed the round. I will be locking the thread at that time.
I will post on Tuesday 12th March.
word count: 837

Sephira
Approved Character
Profession: Element
Renown: 415
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The portal sang as it opened, a blend of powers that perhaps had never touched before. Suddenly the lovely bedroom with the walls painted with the night sky vanished into pure darkness.

Sephira fell.

Any semblance of control was torn from her as shadows enveloped her like black velvet, snuffing out all sound and tearing the Rupturer away from the Nice House and into that terrible place where Maxine had been thrown. The darkness was blinding and the silence was deafening to the point that the mage could hear her own heartbeat thundering in her ears.

So this was the Prison.

Fear coursed through the Special Assistant, though she buried it deep, forcing herself to catch her breath in the corner of this chamber she now found herself intombed within. Solid onyx black eyes snapped around the perimeter searching for an exit...but there was none in sight.

Across from her was another woman. Sephira couldn’t quite make out her face in the darkness but she called out all the same.

“Who are you?” The mage asked as something strange began happening around the tear she had torn in the fabric of Emea. Sephira felt her stomach drop as shadows poured like oil from the remains of the portal. Their bodies somehow wrong, and twisted.

So these were the monsters the other mage had been referring to.

Her hand tightened around the sword she had brought through with her as her heart thundered in her chest. It took everything she had within herself to keep herself standing right in that moment. These things were something different, something that she had never truly encountered before. There had been the monsters within the Fracture she had fought, the giant beasts with great hooked limbs. The memory of Element Maelick stung in that moment. The man had stayed behind so she could escape. Even though the woman had done everything in her power to save him.

Sometimes the monsters win, no matter what you do.

Two figures emerged from the fissure in their air, the first was smaller and headed toward the other prisoner but the second was something else altogether.

A Nightmare made real.

It was shaped like a man, although easily nine to ten feet tall and made of pure undulating shadow. It had the general physique of a man, however out of it’s back sprouted six black spider legs which were fanned out behind the Nightmare like wings. At the tip of each leg were dagger like appendages that were clearly mean for killing. For some reason the Nightmare reminded the Element of someone familiar, someone that she had been hunting for a very long time. Someone who had continued to elude her time and time again.

Orrick.

Sephira met the Nightmare’s own night black eyes with her own strikinging similar gaze as she raised the pitch black sword into a guard position. In the same moment the mage brightened the Celarion Mark on her wrist to call forth a bit more light into the room as the Nightmare Orrick turned toward her.

In that one singular trill recognition dawned on the Element. She knew a commander and a warrior when she saw one, she knew how held themselves, she knew how they could bring their underlings into line with a single glance; And this creature, Orrick shaped or not, was intelligent. She could see it in it’s eyes. A cunning that only came with time and experience.

Everything clicked, the monsters, the sleeping Mortalborn siblings of Dreams and Nightmares and the breaking of Emea.

“Wait!” The Special Assistant shouted, infusing her voice with every ounce of strength she could muster, trying to sound less afraid that she was. There was every likelihood that the Nightmare would not listen, but there was a sliver of a chance that it might. Wise commanders didn’t become what they were without learning to listen. Even if they were merciless creatures of nightmare.

“This is your world, your hunting grounds...and it’s falling apart!” Sephira said as her as her hand trembled on the hilt of her blade.

“You know it, and so do I. Kielik sleeps and so does his sister.” The strength in her voice grew. She knew now that there existed two Mortalborn, one of dreams and one of shadows. Somehow she had been given all the knowledge that everyone had learned within the Maze. She knew their names, Kielik and Jesine, and Hart had done something to them in order to save the Wingless Man.

“I know, I was there when the Wingless man fell and was reborn. I was there when your creator was cast into slumber. This place will continue to fall apart until what was done is mended.Everyone in Idalos is asleep and they will not wake until Emea is fixed.” The soldier took a deep breath as she made her final argument, knowing that her life and the life of the other woman was on the line.

Little did she know that there were now others Nightmares attacking the rest of the dreamers. Her choice to save Max had endangered everyone.

“Eventually people will start dying, and your food supply will be gone.” Onyx eyes leveled at the Nightmare commander.

“No more mages like me to hunt, no more dreamers left to prey upon. You can try to kill me again on another trial, but to-trial...help us. Help us fix what was broken, the dreams and the nightmares.” Onyx eyes held the Nightmare Orrick’s own gaze, even though fear nearly buckled her knees.

Sephira fell silent, her heart pounding in her ears as she made the desperate plea. Perhaps this creature would see the logic, or perhaps he would be upon her in an instant to rend the life from her body. But the woman spoke her words regardless. She would do everything she could to save the living world.

Her mother was out there somewhere slumbering in her bed...Elias as well...even Liam.

Her family, and all the living depended on them to succeed. All the while the song of sorrow played in her head. A constant reminder that something was very wrong in the realm of dreams, and it had to be fixed. For the sake of every mortal, and every monster.
Off Topic
6 Minor: Fast, Painless, Grip, Multiple arms, Size, Natural Weapons
4 Major: Command, Blinking, Telepathic, Humanoid

Using our stroke of luck here to recruit the Nightmares.
Dialogue|Thoughts
I'm not going to go into details, cos, like... it's a whole post. But yep.... they pause. There might... there is a chance. We'll just have to see.......
word count: 1123
Cirrina
Race: Mer
Renown: 80
Character Sheet
Plot Notes

Milestones

Miscellaneous

It was never ending, as if she couldn’t stop repeating herself. A level of torture befitting of her creator and not unlikely designed by her either. Yet just when the mer was sure she would drown the world, her mind screaming cursing the world around, once strange and cruel stopped. Abrupt as if it had never been right before the entirety of her world ripped wide open.

No pajamas, naked but for the damned socked that like some sort of second skin.

The room still the same but now their were new tortures for her.

The attractive woman, also naked who any other time she wouldn’t have minded eating in any sense was babbling. But more pressing was the things in front of them, screaming through the tear like they had only been waiting for that moment to strike. Their raw grotesque forms something to appreciate, salivate for but also for Cir to take two sharp stumbles back. If she had thought Calilious was horrid she’d have that pain back.

It occurred to her, in a sudden strange moment of clarity that this was worse than any dream, too real to be one. The eyes of beasts screaming for her death, to taste her flesh in the way of any other predator and in this awkward human body she hungered for teeth to respond in kind. Whatever manner of place this was Cir no longer cared, it had toyed with her from the moment she’d come, dragged her into its depths to parade her about like the whales who tossed their food until it was too dumb to fight back.

Regardless her teeth bared in a savage snarl, her mind trying to send as it would to other mer of pain she would ravage on it before it took her. For there was no doubt in her mind that this horrifying man beast would take her.

But then the woman spoke.

Her voice ringing through the loud silence of the four of them staring at each other. She even glowed, like a beacon to draw the beasts to her. It was impossible to tell what she was saying, her words familiar but nonsensical. Cir could only take the moment to admire the woman and her stupidity at, what looked like her trying to reason with them.

“They’re going to eat you, you idiot.” She hissed in the background right before her back hit the wall and they stopped. Their gazes seemed pinned on the woman, as if her words had truly reached them while the mer slide along the wall to the side. There was no weapon for her but the sock in her hand, annoyed the other woman had some sort of sword before common sense fled. Cir would not wait for these beasts to try and decipher what the other fool had said, she would not wait anymore and let this thrice Faldrun damned nightmare land tell her what rules she had to abide by.

When she was angled enough to the side of the beast the mer ran at the smaller beast, though her teeth were bared in a feral snarl there was no sound save the slap of her feet. It was no push off like in the water but Cir managed to jump up, sock balled in her hand so she could stuff it down the stupids beasts throat and hoped it choked in her arm and the sock before it tore into her.
Off Topic
Nightmare Beast: 4 Minor: Bestial, Blindsense, Breathless, Devourer
2 Major: Telepathic, Blinking
word count: 597
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Event Wiki [
And so it goes, and so it goes....
In every heart there is a room
A sanctuary safe and strong
To heal the wounds from lovers past
Until a new one comes along

I spoke to you in cautious tones
You answered me with no pretense
And still I feel I said too much
My silence is my self defense

And every time I've held a rose
It seems I only felt the thorns
And so it goes, and so it goes
And so will you soon I suppose

But if my silence made you leave
Then that would be my worst mistake
So I will share this room with you
And you can have this heart to break

And this is why my eyes are closed
It's just as well for all I've seen
And you're the only one who knows

So I would choose to be with you
That's if the choice were mine to make
But you can make decisions too
And you can have this heart to break

And you're the only one who knows
The Moment.

Sephira's plan was working. She knew it was. Right in that moment, she knew it was.

The Nightmare Beast tilted it's head just a little. It looked at her and it opened it's mouth. "Yessss." It spoke, and both of them understood it.

But then, Cirrina attacked. As she did that, in the Culinary, choices were made and things happened. Some of these were good, others, not so much.

What was relevant here was that, in the Culinary, the group split up.

And as that happened, in the Prison, reality tore. A gaping hole ripped through the wall and through it tumbled a Rharnian of Sephira's acquaintance.

As Cirrina attacked, she felt the Beast attack her back. It's arm connected with her and Cirrina never knew if her attack hit or not. She felt herself literally take off, flying across the room and she felt what the others saw - as her skull crushed against the wall, and blood started to pour down it there was a horrifying crunching sound and, in this place, Cirrina's eyes glazed over and she fell, dead, to the floor.

In Sephira's and Patrick's minds there was a voice. It was the Nightmare Beast Sephira had spoken to. "We will help you. What would you have us do?"

This is why my eyes are closed,

It's just as well, for all I've seen ......

Objectives & Rules

! Message from: Sephira and Patrick

So something Very Very Important just happened. I would like you to be aware that your actions will have - undoubtedly - long term and far-reaching consequences over this series of threads. Please be aware that you have the ability to Telepath with the Nightmare Creatures. You also have maybe three minutes maximum.
 ! Message from: Cirrina

At the moment, you are dead. This is likely to remain but there is a slight (minute) chance for you (thanks to Kura). So, please, no succession packages yet. However - to be clear - it's very likely. No more posting for you, thank you so much for your contribution to the thread.

Dates & Deadlines

You need to post here by Monday 18th March. If you have not done so, you've missed the round. I will be locking the thread at that time.
I will post on Tuesday 19th March.
word count: 598

Sephira
Approved Character
Profession: Element
Renown: 415
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Two things happened very quickly.

The first was that the Mer who was trapped in the room with the soldier attacked the smaller and lesser of the Nightmare beasts. She had no weapon and before the mage could even cry out a warning the inky black beast was upon her and she was flying across the room and her head slammed into the wall. There was a very wet crunch as she collapsed to the ground and blood leaked from her scalp.

Onyx black eyes narrowed at the body. The woman had been a fool, but she had also died because of what Sephira had done. It had been her magic that had brought the Nightmares to them. Sorrow burned like a dark black fire in her very core as more self hatred welled up within the Element’s heart. Death followed her like a shadow, no matter her good intentions, it always was there to exact a price for her every action. The woman glanced down at the sharp glinting black nails on her fingertips; they stood as a grim reminder of her connection with the god of Death.

“I’m sorry.” she whispered just as another tear in reality ripped open within the confines of this horrible place and a very familiar and very naked Rharnian came tumbling through.

“Patrick!.” Sephira said aghast, though rather than extend any pleasantries the equally ungarbed soldier raised her hand in warning.

“Don’t attack them! They are on our side.” The dark eyed woman uttered grimly as she turned toward the leader of the Nightmares.

She could feel it reaching out to her mind, somehow innately she knew that it could feel her thoughts and she would be able to sense its own if they wanted to communicate.

“Have all of your kind stand down and cease attack, if any of them are hurting the other mortals who are trying to save this world.” she spoke as calmly as her inner panic would allow.

“You can travel through this world, I've seen it. Can you take us both to Kielik and Jesine or at least as close to them as you can get us? If you can help anyone else do the same it would be helpful.”

Sephira lifted her clenched right fist to her left shoulder in a salute toward the Nightmare Commander. It might be a monster, but a soldier was a soldier and this one deserved her respect. It had possessed the intellect to understand her words along with the good sense to know when it's own followers needed help in saving their creator.

She knew was she likely reaching the end of the goodwill the Nightmare was extending towards her so Sephira made no further requests. It was a stroke of luck that they had halted their attack on her in the first place, now she was hoping that luck would hold out for just a bit longer so they could escape the prison and get to the epicenter of this entire ordeal.

For a moment the mage wondered where Max was, along with Wyn. In trying to rescue Max, she had left Wyn behind. For a brief split trill she wondered if she would ever see the wolf again. The creature had been vexing at times but there had always been something reassuring about her, a similarity between she and the canine that could not be denied. After all, both Wyn and Sephira would do anything in their power to protect their pack.
Off Topic
Asking for the Nightmares to stop attacking and to teleport Pat and Seph to the end, along with anyone else if it is possible."
Dialogue|Thoughts
word count: 617
Patrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Without a second thought he crossed through the portal with determination, a small sense of resolve found in his heart to go it alone from here. He didn't know how much of an asset he'd really be, since all he normally ever did was wander blatantly into Immortals knew what. Pretty much like right now! He felt gravity shift as no flooring remained, and sure enough he fell in a descent into a state of darkness that numbed every sense. It alarmed him at first to suddenly drop into such a state of blatant emptiness, but the further he fell within something developed within the fear he felt in coming here. Exhilaration. Patrick was no stranger to the loneliness that came with this place, in fact the familiarity of it merely reminded him of the lingering past he tried to keep distant.

He was falling... Falling into literal darkness and for whatever reason, he felt okay with that the further he plummeted below. If this was his punishment for all the harm and wrong he'd brought unto others, then he could accept it with open arms during the descent into emptiness. Even his clothes seemed to fade away as he dropped, until finally the plummet to the floor of the new room he'd entered ended with him on his feet. Such intensity within this solitude... He almost forgot to breathe now that he'd arrived, until the need for oxygen reminded him that he could in fact still regulate air through his nose. His heart pounded heavily now that he rose from his knelt position to a full stand, curious as to what other other awaited to punish him within this confinement he'd fallen within.

Wait a minute... was that?....

His arrival to the scene before him was loaded with nothing but utter confusion, and for a moment he felt ready to attack the creatures bounding for his comrade Sephira. Only... they weren't? She quickly took notice and dissuaded him from potential combat, with the implication that these monstrosities were on their side. "Wait?! They are?!" He looked sharply to her with a dumbfounded expression, surprised to see that a bloodied corpse rested not to far away. He knew that corpse though... In fact he'd just seen her not too long ago in the room with the tables. Was she brought here when she tried to interrogate the caterpillar? Then why wasn't Maxine here? And why Sephira instead?! It then suddenly dawned on him...

They were naked.

The moment he realized this his fists loosened and hands shot quickly to his groin area, to cover what Sephira had already pretty much seen even after his mind slowly realized. "What in- How?" Lush and Ri'ku weren't with him here either... But they'd gone through with him last he checked. He looked around to make sure he wasn't crazy, although at this point he seriously speculated that to be the case already. Where were they?

"We're with you!" Ri'ku's voice echoed within his own thoughts this time, even while she didn't seem physically present.

"But-"

"For fuck's sake Pat, stop being bashful and pay attention! We're still with you to the end of this, now listen to Ri'ku and go with your friend!"

Lush's own voice seemed far away but even then, somewhere nearer than Patrick expected them to be. They had to be close by right? At least with him in one form or another? And who the hell was Lush to tell Patrick what to do! While that brief amount of encouragement went on Pat focused more on Sephira, but then more on the Nightmares since she was too... distracting. They were going to help them after all? No attacks from here on out? Just an escort to the heart of all the problems here? As casual as he could be with hands still hovering over his junk he approached Sephira, a little more comfortable knowing that he wasn't alone in this place anymore.

Hearing these beasts speak in his own head unnerved him immensely, as if having two other voices share your thoughts wasn't bad enough. Regardless the moment he stood next to her, he leaned just a little to speak lowly in her direction. "I'm with you." He muttered towards her for moral support, as he could detect the traces of anxiety through their shared bond. Somehow now the halo around his left wrist seemed a little brighter near Sephira, and while he certainly wished that they could find some new clothing or gear; he pretty much just stood by her and waited to see if these creatures would agree to help them out that far.

"Pat", "Ri", "Dom", "Lush", "NPC"
word count: 806
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

The Moment.

The Nightmare Beast looked at Sephira and it's eyes glowed a deep crimson. As it did that, so did hers. A connection was made between them in that moment ~ which might not be a good thing, really. But it was what it was and it did what it did. Worries about that, and what it represented, would come later.

If later existed.

It breathed, lowering it's head in acknowledgement and then, without a word, the creatures were gone.

There was just time for Patrick to reassure Sephira that he was with her, perhaps for one or the other to smile in recognition, but there was no more time than that.

Patrick, you are in CitW Endgame: Imagination
Seph. You are in CitW Endgame: Nightmares - but Max has the option to swap out with you, so please confer as players before posting. Thanks!
word count: 155

Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Fall”