Graded CitW: Round 2: The Culinary

120th of Ashan 719

Here is the repository of the story of the Fall of Emea. This forum contains all posts from "The Maze" and "Crack in the Wall" - the two events which led to the Fall.

Moderator: Staff

Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

CitW: Round 2: The Culinary

Was it something that you said?
Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel
Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon
Like a carousel that's turning running rings around the moon

Like a clock whose hands are sweeping past the minutes of its face
And the world is like an apple whirling silently in space
Like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind!
Like a tunnel that you follow to a tunnel of its own

Down a hollow to a cavern where the sun has never shone
Like a door that keeps revolving in a half forgotten dream
Or the ripples from a pebble someone tosses in a stream
Like a clock whose hands are sweeping past the minutes of its face

And the world is like an apple whirling silently in space
Like the circles that you find in the windmills of your mind!
Keys that jingle in your pocket, words that jangle in your head
Why did summer go so quickly, was it something that you said?

Lovers walking along a shore and leave their footprints in the sand
Is the sound of distant drumming just the fingers of your hand?
Pictures hanging in a hallway and the fragment of a song
Half remembered names and faces, but to whom do they belong?

When you knew that it was over you were suddenly aware
That the autumn leaves were turning to the color of her hair!
Like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel
Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel

As the images unwind, like the circles that you find

In the windmills of your mind!
120th Ashan, 719. Midnight
The First Shard.

The Culinary
Out there things can happen
and frequently do
to people as brainy
and footsy as you.

And then things start to happen,
don't worry. Don't stew.
Just go right along.
You'll start happening too.

They were the Culinary. And how did they know?

"You are the Culinary. You are not welcome here, but I must abide." He said. He was a man in a baker's outfit with a tall chef's hat on his head and, judging by his facial expression, he was not one bit pleased. Of course, the Catterpillar was there too and he looked around with interest at the group. "Good enough to eat!" He seemed to find that funny and gave a little chuckle.

They were in a room - a banquet hall to be precise. It was garish and bright with vivid table coverings and each chair was covered in a different colour. The tables were filled with cutlery, crockery, decorations and boxes of ribbons, table favours and many, many things. The man looked at them and spoke, his tone clipped and curt. "You must find the apple. It is good for you and I will not allow anything good for you on my dishes. Also, it keeps the doctor away and we like the doctor." His bushy eyebrow drew together. Then, he looked around. "You are all, all of you dying or cursed or both" His gesture seemed to indicate more than just this group. Or maybe he was expansive like that. His expression turned, then, as he smiled at Rakvald and Maxine. "Some quicker than others."

Shrugging, he gestured. "Find the apple. Cure one of you. Any one." The Caterpillar watched and said nothing, but he had an air of slightly smug about him. If one could tell such a thing from a caterpillar.

And the world is like an apple, whirling silently in space.

Objectives & Rules

Congratulations. This is your group for this event. I hope you're all comfy. Ok. So, the objective you have in this room is to find the apple. It's hidden here. Somewhere. What you have are 10 tables (numbered, 1 - 10) and the apple is hidden in one of them. Each of you has THREE actions. You can either

* Explore a table fully (3 actions)
* Explore a table quickly (1 action)

If you explore the correct table quickly, you have a much lower chance of finding the apple. If you explore it fully, your chances are much better.

Everything here has consequences. They will not always make sense.
PLEASE NOTE: There are other things hidden around these tables. IF I'm able to, I'll mod-note in to tell you if you hit something specific (but I won't tell anyone who got the apple that way). If I can't, I'll let you know come mod post.

You do not have to explore, if you don't want to.

! Message from: CAN DO OBJECTIVES
There are 2 hidden objectives here. I'll let you know if you meet them.
[/tab]

Dates & Deadlines

You need to post here by Friday, 22nd Feb. If you have not done so, you've missed the round. I will be locking the thread at that time.
I will post on Saturday 23rd Feb.
word count: 854
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Rakvald
Approved Character
Race: Immortal
Profession: Degenerate Elite
Renown: 555
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: CitW: Round 2: The Culinary

"Haruuuugrrrgh!..." Rakvald barely heard the chef lay down the rules, like some demented host to a parlor game at a fancy party. He barely even noticed the change in scenery. What kind of demented fever dream was this? Caterpillars, chefs, and crockery in colors he'd never even seen in his long series of lives.

He wanted to be elsewhere, not here. It didn't help either that his stomach smarted something fierce. Like the worm he'd eaten was now burrowing a hole into his stomach lining, and seeping into the tissue surrounding it.

Usually, when he was suffering an upset stomach (which was often enough given Quacian cuisine), he tucked away and slept it off, eschewing food. But for some reason he had a strong hankering for lettuce. And damnit if there wasn't a shred of lettuce at the table where he was seated!

He continued to growl as he made his paces around the room, unable to vomit but seriously wanting to. The gnawing at his belly for whatever reason made him nauseous but also so very hungry. He wanted to eat something, anything to speed it's passage along. So he ransacked table 9 very quickly, eating whatever he could find at a moment's notice. When that failed to satisfy him, he just crawled under the table. Away from the lights, and away from the noise of the group. He wouldn't mind if he died under that table.

So he slept. Or tried to.
ooc
Rakvald quickly searched table 9 once. That's his only 'action' this turn.
 ! Message from: Pegasus
When he ransacked Table 9, Rakvald found a small stuffed bear. It looked at him and was sad. When he crawled under the table, it went with him and, while he slept, it snuggled him.
word count: 302

Fleshbound Tome~
Arcane Apprentice
~
Commissions Welcome!
Cirrina
Race: Mer
Renown: 80
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

The mer narrowed her eyes, a tiny bug thought it would eat her? Not unless she was a corpse, and even then she’d be damned if she let some tiny snide little bug tell her anything. But it proved to not matter when another ate it, growing sick for his eagerness until he was nothing but a useless lump. Asleep under a table. Asleep. How? How as he asleep when she swore she was already—

Then the caterpillar was throwing out more information, the haze and laze of a dream becoming strangely real. The mer bared her teeth in annoyance, it made her uncomfortable to be out of control in this situation. She spoke through clenched teeth, knowing better than to snap it up even if she wanted to dearly, she may be fond of most critters but this vile little bug she’d happily smash, “And on whose menu are we, exactly? Why can’t we each just take a bite?”

Not that the mer would be inclined to share but if the apple could be used as a bargaining chip for favors, she’d be saving it from over eager hands. Her eyes didn’t stay focused on the worm like bug that she now refused to dub a caterpillar, more like a sea slug to her it seemed, to stare at the tables. A party gone is what it looked like, but there was far to much going on for her to spot it. The colors glared out at her as if daring her and hoping she’d fail.

Her lips curled higher, baring all her teeth in a snarl. A part of her wanted to rend all the table to bits and stab the little smug worm until he stopped seeming to come back then force feed him to himself until he died right along with them. But that was probably not something wherever they were would allow but the thought was pleasing. For now she grabbed at the caterpillar, yanking him close to her face.

“Where is the apple? I don’t have to play your game and I’ve no patience for it.” With that she brought the bug to the nearest table, slithering along the floor like a serpent with too many legs. It was marked five, a happy medium if it could be called that, tearing through it with free tentacles as she spoke to the bug, “I could make you.”

And she could, now her own smile turned smugly at the corners gazing into the bugs eyes she reached for him with her own mind. It was like touching a jumble of beached kelp. Knotted, wet, disgusting but that wasn’t what she wanted, she didn’t care what the little know-it-all worm felt. All she wanted was for him to want. To want to tell her. But the most she could do was feel her own want, forcing the thread of her thought into his with all the finesse of a sledgehammer.
 ! Message from: Pegasus
When Cirrina starts to tear through the table, she disappears completely. The caterpillar disappears with her. So does the table. They are simply not there. Then, from where he was before Cirrina touched him - where he once again is - the caterpillar says, quite cheerily. "Well, better hope it wasn't in that one, eh?"
word count: 562
Max
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 965
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Shortly after a facetious remark, a sorrowful song, and an unmistakable pop, the Waiting Room was no more. Just like The Maze, Maxine had been sent careening from one reality-defying scene to another. Sephira, Kura, and Amaris were gone with the rest of the strangers. Patrick was the only familiar face who remained to weather what was to come. The ex-convict glanced about the banquet room with a frown. To say the place was an eye sore was an understatement. The place was an Immortals-damned mess. The colors of the different tables and chairs mashed unpleasantly together, assaulting the gaze of the newcomers. It was enough to give the woman a headache. Yet it wasn't that discomfort which seized her. It started with a tingling upon her skin. A burning, cold sort of tingling. Maxine raised her left hand toward her face and tilted her head at the ice collected on her fingertips. She blinked at the anomaly and rubbed her fingers against her pajamas. The ice did not budge nor did her skin warm.

What trick is this?

The baker began speaking and she slowly drew her eyes away from her hand. She eyed the chef hat and the talking caterpillar with a slow shake of her head. Just like The Maze, it began again with instructions. Tests. Riddles. This was another one of the Winged Man's big games. Again, it seemed the puppeteer was also yet to show his face. Immortals help him if he did. Maxine was not a patient woman was default. No, no, no. But in light of the alarming manifestation of ice, which was swiftly implied to be a deadly curse, pummeling the dreamer would have to be temporarily tabled. Max looked to her hand again and felt the blood drain from her face. Who else besides herself was in mortal danger? There was little time to ponder the well-being of others elsewhere. The chef's unkind smile returned her to her selfish center. She swallowed hard, glanced toward the others, and looked then to the tables.

Fuck them. Find the apple. Just find the fucking apple.

Maxine didn't wait. She moved. Quickly. The ex-convict grabbed table 2 and hurled it sidelong, knocking over the mess of items that once sat so peacefully upon it. Her wild, hungry eyes searched the carnage for the coveted apple. She did the same with table 7. Table 9 received an actual boot, the table launching back and onto its side to spill its possession bare for her to find. Maxine didn't have the time to waste. If she wasn't so preoccupied by the Emean curse she'd somehow acquired, frankly, she would've found the Mer's strategy almost...admirable. Perhaps when she wasn't maddeningly searching for salvation she'd revel in the idea another shared her disdain for the dreamscape.

Dialogue|Thoughts
 ! Message from: Peg
The moment that Max hurled Table 2, she ~and the table ~ disappear from the room. "Whoopsie!" the Caterpillar says... "Temper, temper..."
word count: 511
Patrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: 575
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

People came in one right after another into this waiting room or whatever it had to be called, and while Patrick watched with the remnants of cupcake swirling over his tongue; he found himself somehow seeing more ghosts the longer he dwelt. People he hadn't seen in such a long time and even a short while appeared, and just as soon as they investigated a part of the room things quickly changed. One blink for him and the Rharnian wound up in a completely separate area, different from the one where he had seen everyone standing in. Thankfully he hadn't been alone in coming here, albeit the transition unsettled him in the most uncanny of ways. This had to be a dream right? It was Emean and that much he knew, but at this point in time he no longer wanted to linger...

No... Patrick wanted the hell out of there. As did the others too obviously but before that could happen, a challenge awaited them as an interesting character greeted the group's arrival. The Culinary? Not welcome? They being the food? "Had I known this was coming, I'd probably have bolted for the door..." He muttered to himself as he listened to the task at hand. They were to search for an apple? Amidst all these tables? Looking around with his eyes slightly winced he counted each one, unsure what exactly he much less anyone else would find instead. If this was anything reminiscent of a dream then how in Emea were they supposed to find it? It was pretty much a gambler's game at this point and for Patrick, an ominous situation he had to act carefully in.

He wasn't sure how things would go so he waited for a moment, noting how the others acted in turn to this challenge. First seeing the guy who supposedly ate the caterpillar move, the result turned out to be an odd teddy bear that retreated as this man then crawled underneath. Was he going to sleep there? All the talk of a menu and who was on it gave his stomach a roll, and suddenly the Rharnian felt himself wanting an incredibly strong drink to ease the nerves. Sure enough the other two beheld very similar reactions, enraged to find that they were playing a game of finding this apple among... things? "Patrick?" Ri checked as she could very well sense his uneasiness, and Lush too looked up at him knowing how rigid the Rharnian started to sound. Maxine who Pat hadn't seen in practically an Arc, threw a table down in earnest to find the apple since she seemed in dire need of it.

What the hell was going on here? One guy had fallen asleep underneath the table, and now the other two managed to disappear from the approaches they made. "Who says we have to pick?"

"If we don't then who knows what'll happen to us..." He spared thought to his two companions in hopes the conversation remained private. "One table had a bear, the one Fury kicked over didn't reveal the apple either..." That left him eight other tables to investigate and he could either focus on just one... or skim for it in the time he was given. How on Idalos was he supposed to pick the right table at this rate? He was better off leaving it to luck!... Luck!! He had forgotten that was essentially what garnered him the Rusalkis mark on his chest, even if the event that took place proved the gamble a horrid one. But if he had the power of Chrien on his side then... could he try to turn this around with just luck? He had never used it before, never really wondering how it'd affect him.

"I don't know if you can hear me," He muttered to himself as he pressed his hand over the location of the swirling mark, "but right now I really need your help. Give me the luck I need to make it through this please!" As he asked he deeply searched for the power of luck, hoping that it's application would benefit him in his search for the apple. Right now he really wanted that bottle of booze, but if the apple had to be more important than alcohol... then the apple became the focus he centered his mind on. A little reluctant to move Patrick picked his first table to explore, table five being the starting point he chose. He inspected it as quickly as he could looking for anything red and round, moving on towards table six in an effort to do the same.

From there he went to investigate the table that the caterpillar resided on, hopeful that he might discover what he needed there if all else failed.
Off Topic
Tables 5 and 6 are the chosen ones, as well as whatever number the caterpillar is chilling at. Patrick has also attempted to use his Rusalkis power for the first time:

Favorable Outcome - An ability that allows the Rusalka to affect the odds of things like dice rolls and card draws, or any thing of a similarly small nature, so that they fall in the Rusalka's favor. The skill can be used as many times in a row as the Rusalka desires, but each consecutive use is less likely to succeed than the one before it, though going a whole Trial without using the ability will reset it.

Looking forward to seeing how this affects the outcome.
"Pat", "Ri", "Dom", "Lush", "NPC"
word count: 937
"Freedom is everything."

NPCs Renown Rolls Timeline Influences Pantheons Trove Property Workshop Rambles Vlogs
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Any way the wind blows
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see

I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go
A little high, little low
Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me
Mama, just killed a man
Put a gun against his head
Pulled my trigger, now he's dead
Mama, life had just begun
But now I've gone and thrown it all away

Mama, oh oh
Didn't mean to make you cry
If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters
Too late, my time has come
Sends shivers down my spine
Body's aching all the time
Goodbye everybody I've got to go
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
Mama, oh oh (anyway the wind blows)
I don't want to die
Sometimes wish I'd never been born at all
I see a little silhouetto of a man
Scaramouch, Scaramouch will you do the Fandango
Thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening me
Gallileo, Gallileo, Gallileo, Gallileo, Gallileo, figaro, magnifico
I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me
He's just a poor boy from a poor family
Spare him his life from this monstrosity
Easy come easy go will you let me go

Bismillah, no we will not let you go, let him go
Bismillah, we will not let you go, let him go
Bismillah, we will not let you go, let me go
(Will not let you go) let me go (never, never let you go) let me go (never let me go)
Oh oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no
Oh mama mia, mama mia, mama mia let me go
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me for me for me

So you think you can stop me and spit in my eye
So you think you can love me and leave me to die
Oh baby can't do this to me baby
Just gotta get out just gotta get right outta here
Oh oh oh yeah, oh oh yeah
Nothing really matters

Anyone can see
Nothing really matters

Nothing really matters to me

Any way the wind blows
120th Ashan, 719. Midnight
The First Shard.

The Culinary
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow —
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand —
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep — while I weep!
O God! Can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?

Maxine & Cirrina

It was the tables, of course, which caused the problems. The tables which they hit, or tore, or kicked. Because the moment that they did that, the pair of them vanished.

So, too, did the tables. Which might be much, much more of a problem. Please go here

Rakvald

He really didn't feel too well, poor chap, and so he went for a little nap under the table. Snuggling into his cuddly bear, Rakvald was soon fast asleep. His dreams were strange, though, like they were being pulled towards some strange, swirling vortex.

But then, he Woke Right Up. Full of energy, he jumped up and it was then that Rakvald realised that Something Odd Had Happened. Because, he was looking at himself. Fast asleep. He wasn't cuddling the bear though... oh. Ohhh, that explained it, then. As Rakvald lowered his stuffed head and looked at his furry stuffed paws, he realised that he had become, in fact, the bear. His body (currently asleep and turning slowly into a caterpillar) was right there. But his mind?

His mind was in the bear. He could talk (he was a little squeaky, but that's ok), and move at will. He didn't have opposible thumbs, which apparently is a big issue, but other than that. He felt fine! Full of beans (and stuffing).

Patrick

It was weird, and getting weirder. He found a pear on one of the tables and a very nice-looking and fashionable hat on the other. But no apple. However, his use of his Immortal-granted ability seemed to have some impact, just not the one he wanted. "It's on one of the tables, not here!" the caterpillar said and then, with a small popping sound and the distinct odor of paremesan cheese, three people appeared.

Thunderbolt and lightning very very frightening me.

Objectives & Rules

Wowser - you guys!!
 ! Message from: MUST DO OBJECTIVES
With the use of Patrick's Ruskalis ability, at the moment that the three new folk arrive, so too do the tables "reset". That's all of them. The apple has been moved. Therefore, the objectives are exactly the same as last round for you all. Go on, break a table. I dare you......
 ! Message from: OBJECTIVES MET LAST ROUND
Patrick wrote the longest post
This will have consequences, either during the thread or in the review.
 ! Message from: CAN DO OBJECTIVES
There are 4 hidden objectives here. I'll let you know if you meet them.

Dates & Deadlines

You need to post here by Monday 4th March. If you have not done so, you've missed the round. I will be locking the thread at that time.
I will post on Tuesday 5th March.
word count: 1004
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Praetorum
Approved Character
Race: Ithecal
Profession: Mercenary
Renown: 1020
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

There were two others with him the caterpillar spoke to, at first. One was a young human, or perhaps a Sev'ryn, who he didn't recognize, but the other was the rabbit child he'd encountered in Yaralon; a tunawa, he realized now, though one far larger than any other he'd encountered before. When the caterpillar was finished speaking, Praetorum didn't really understand much more about the situation than when he'd started. But he had a goal now, a mission: Help them. Whoever they were.

And then they were someplace else. A mess hall, or a restaurant, it seemed, only he'd never seen one so lavish; it was decorated in the most vivid colors, and every table was covered in just piles and piles of things. It was easy to see, he reflected as the circumstances were explained to him, why the caterpillar had asked them to help the pair here. Finding an apple among everything here was a task for an organized group, not one man and a.... teddy bear? Praetorum frowned at that, but it was definitely the teddy bear who was moving, not the figure sleeping under the table. 

Well, Praetorum decided, this entire dream, or whatever it was, had been absurd and bizarre enough that he could work with this. 

"Ten tables." Praetorum mused out loud, tapping his socked feet on the ground. "Five of us. Gotta be smart and work together....." His claws brushed against the ring on his right hand, and he fiddled unthinkingly with it as he thought. "We can each take two tables at first to cover all of them, and if we don't find it then, we can double check each others work until we do find it. Just do a quick look over the tables at first, we should try and do this as fast as possible. But uh... anything you see on the table that is definitely not an apple or has an apple inside of it, maybe we should put somewhere out of the way—on the chairs, or maybe against the wall. That way we're not all looking over the same things over and over again."

Praetorum looked at the others, then nodded, a little uncertain. No way to be sure that the others would follow his lead, but there was nothing else for it. 

Choosing a pair of adjacent tables at random, Praetorum began to riffle through the contents of tables one and two, searching for anything that looked vaguely like an apple. There were things on the table that were very clearly not apples, like forks and spoons and plates, so after a quick check to make sure that there wasn't an image of an apple on it, or that it wasn't made of an apple core or something tricky like that, he placed them aside, stacking them carefully under a chair to keep them out of the way. 

Once he was done with those two, he waited, and watched the others. If, at the end, there were still tables left unchecked, whether because someone else had disappeared or because someone had decided not to follow his plan, he would go and look over one of the unchecked tables in the same way as before.

If all ten tables had been checked by the time everyone else was done, Prae would go check, at random, one of the tables that had only been checked once before.
Off Topic
Actions:
Checked Table 1
Checked Table 2
Checked a table as in those last two paragraphs. (The actual table in question will be written here when everyone else posts)
Checked Table 10

! Message from: Peg
As they arrive, a voice rings out: ""Your group is behind. The three are leaders. Listen to the Ithecal."
Last edited by Praetorum on Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 635
Let's play 'What's Weird About Prae'

Head

• A fiery rune shines under his right eye
  • A firey glow in the back of his mouth

Arms

• A ring of blue runes floats over each of Prae's wrists
  • A silver shield marks the back of his right hand
  • A ring of light around his left forearm

Misc

• His tail is about eight feet long, usually knotted around his waist
  • His body temperature is uncomfortably high

Surroundings

• Wind gusts with every step he takes
  • The area around him is slightly more static-y than normal
Rakvald
Approved Character
Race: Immortal
Profession: Degenerate Elite
Renown: 555
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

In all his centuries as a herdsman, and all his many incarnations and travels, Rakvald had rarely been one to follow another. Bonde, uniquely among the Lotharro, were often relegated to leadership roles, as theirs was a calling that hearkened to the ordering and herding of livestock. It was also this drive to lead that prompted Rakvald to do his own thing most times, and sort of take a situation by it’s horns and shake it into submission.

Clearly that hadn’t worked to his advantage here.

So for the first time in his centuries of life, he found himself compelled to look for direction from another. And the gentle Lotharro, formerly a giant, found himself an eager little lamb at this point. Having been poisoned, and now staring at his body from the beady eyes of a teddy bear he was currently possessing, he now was open to suggestions more than usual. He watched sadly as he saw his self turn into a caterpillar. With every shade of green or whatever color he was turning, he felt a little sadder. He sighed in his teddy bear form, but it came out like a sad little squeak, like a bladder toy that’d been overused through the years and was giving out to the ravages of time.

Nevertheless, he went into action, and didn’t dwell over his changing body for too long. He searched the ninth table thoroughly as he could. It was the table under which he’d crawled in the previous few moments. Once he did this, he went back under the table, and snuggled his large form, squeaking lightly as he pressed his teddy bear body up against himself.

To the others in the room, or those just arriving, he shouted in his cute and squeaky voice, ”Table 9 is a check!”

He hoped he’d done well to eliminate it as a potential site for the apple. He was gladdened to see reinforcements arrive in any even.

With that last act done he looked back to his changing form. He thought he looked like his sleeping self might be dreaming. Just in case he was, the teddy bear reached out, and enveloped himself in Sanctuary, a power granted by Jesine herself. It wasn’t all that powerful, of course, given Rakvald’s lack of experience and devotion to the powerful domain of Dreams. But hopefully it would make his sleeping, caterpillar-turning self feel more comfortable in its metamorphosis.

That done, he snuggled his sleeping self once more, rubbing his little teddy head under his own chin.

”Please, friends. I know you’ll find the apple…” Was his last word, a small declaration of Faith that brought him some comfort in these moments.
ooc
Rakvald checked over table 9 fully.
Last edited by Rakvald on Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total. word count: 465

Fleshbound Tome~
Arcane Apprentice
~
Commissions Welcome!
Rabu
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 100
Character Sheet
Partner
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Having been sent to a new room with a new task, Rabu was able to think more clearly. What he thought was a simple party was slowly revealed to be much more. The tunawa’s eyes fell upon the sleeping torso of a man slowly turning into a caterpillar, there was little doubt that this was the same man who ate the Caterpillar in the waiting room. You are what you eat they say, a fitting curse for the crime but the tunawa’s face still softened with sympathy then determination. Rabu would not let this foolish man be overtaken by this curse if he could help it, so he would do what he could to find this apple.

“Okay that sounds like a suitable plan.” Rabu nodded his head at the Lizard man who spoke first. “I hear that several eyes make light work…or something similar.” The tunawa gave a quick glance to Yah who was too busy eyeing a colourful confection to pay him any attention. Rabu went to that table where she was at and quickly found his way on top by climbing the chairs. Like Prae had suggested Rabu looked for things that looked like they could be apples, either by having a similar shape or colour. Although he didn’t just look with his eyes, rabu also smelled a few objects to see if they gave off an apple like scent. Rabu was even about to lift one of the objects to his mouth and give it a lick but stopped before his tongue could make contact. The others had ended up here from eating food they weren’t supposed to, Rabu would not make that same mistake.

The Third and forth tables were looked over as quickly and efficiently as Rabu could muster before he moved on to the second table after the Lizard man had finished. When that was done, Rabu noticed that the teddy bear had only looked over one table and frowned. The stuffed play thing had likely been from the group who came before and it was clear why they were sent by the Caterpillar to help.
“Remember everyone, We’re in this together.” The tunawa stated with a reassuring but firm tone.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Rabu on Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 383
One of Rabu's Mortal Born abilities involves emean creatures called Dooglewogs doing pranks and causing misfortune for the Rabu. I roll a dice every time Rabu uses his other powers and whatever it lands on will happen in the thread he's in.
If a Grader or Mod wishes to add a misfortune as a reward that would be wonderful but please be sure that it's only temporary and isn't too disruptive or disturbing (I'm mostly going with light and silly) look on my character sheet for examples.
Oluwànjẹ
Approved Character
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Hunter, Bounty Hunter, Scout
Renown: 95
Character Sheet

Milestones

Miscellaneous

➸ 120th Ashan, 719. Midnight ➸
➸ Mood: Focused
➸ Company: A lizard man, a tiny rabbit, a teddy bear
➸ Current Thought: Gotta find that apple
➸ Current Theme: Save Me From Myself

➸ Hearing the friendly caterpillar, I smiled, anxious to repay the favor to him or her, honestly it was hard to say for sure. Within a blink i was no longer in that waiting room, but in this grandoise dining hall. I had never seen the colors in such a vivid display before.

The task at hand was to find an apple among the things on the table. The lizardman, an ithecal from the voice that came overhead, was on the right track, if there were five us and ten tables, it would be fine work to check two between us all.

Not wasting a bit, I searched table 5 with quick scrutiny, moving things from the table to the side as the ithecal suggested, making sure to keep my eyes peeled for anything that could resemble an apple. I was careful but efficient as I knew how to be as I looked, and once I was done with table 5 I moved on to the one next to it, table 6.

My eyes poured over each item I picked up and moved, and I was starting to lose hope when I heard the tiny rabbit boy try to encourage the group. I could be disheartened so soon in the task, and I wanted to help. Once I was done with that table I went to check over table 4, but something struck me.

What if the apple was under the table cloth on the tables, under the piles of stuff. If I wanted to hide something I would do that. Curious I went to table five, and peeked under the cloth on it to see, hoping I may be on to something. ➸

"Common Speech"

"Xantheon Speech"

OOC
Actions:
- Quickly checked table 5
- Quickly checked table 6
- Looks under the cloth on table 5
"Save me from myself"
Oluwanje Toa
word count: 337
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Fall”