• Graded • CitW: The Waiting Place

120th of Ashan 719

Here is the repository of the story of the Fall of Emea. This forum contains all posts from "The Maze" and "Crack in the Wall" - the two events which led to the Fall.

Moderator: Staff

Oluwànjẹ
Approved Character
Race: Sev'ryn
Profession: Hunter, Bounty Hunter, Scout
Renown: 95
Character Sheet
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: A Crack In The Wall

➸ Oluwànjẹ Toa ➸

➸ Mood: Scared, Concerned
➸ Current Thought: There are too many people here >.<!
➸ Current Theme: Save Me From Myself

➸ It was a rather dull night, but I enjoy those nights. No one was around which meant no one would get hurt should I fall asleep. I was still a danger, after all, no closer to freeing myself from this horrific beast, from Asíwàju.

Looking to the stars I hoped one trial it would come, my salvation from this fate, this cruel disease brought on by my own curiosity. Until then I could at least enjoy nights like these in the forests, within the trees of Desnind, where I feel safe. Or so I thought at least.

My eyes closed, I could see light or the hinting of light. Springing up I turned to find a doorway. Needless to say, I panicked, as something like this was far from normal, at least in my eyes that is.

I wasn't sure if I was truly seeing this, thinking maybe I was dreaming......yeah I had to be dreaming cause shit like this just didnt happen in Desnind right? I had to be dreaming for sure. And then that's when I saw it, the figure in the doorway, and it felt familiar. It felt like.........my parents.

If it was a dream or not I couldnt help but walk through the door, hoping that they would be waiting for me on the other side. The light the door was giving off was bright, blinding even, but once I walked through it I was fine. Then my heart sank once I got to the other side.

"There......are......too.....many......people......here!"
I said in a panic whisper. Why!!!!!????? Why were there so many people here? On top of that, what am I wearing!? These pajamas weren't my style nor anything I'd wear, all fluffy with fruit patterns on it.

As I ran my hand through my hair, I felt something that didnt belong on it. Animal ears? Someone put animal ears on me!? This wasn't good, this wasn't good at all.

Not only was I surrounded by way too many people, but somehow someone was able to dress me in this ridiculous sleepwear and ears. Panicking I moved to the staircase, one that seemed sad, which freaked me the fuck out too. I could help but yelp a bit, sitting as far as I could from everyone. Looking around I could see there was this caterpillar, and people were talking to it.

"Is there anyway to get out of this place? I can't be around a lot of people."
I asked, yawning a bit..........shit! I yawned, I mean I haven't slept in a couple of trials but still! Then the deep giggling came, and I could feel that vibrating feeling that came with Asíwàju.

Slapping myself I rocked back and forth on this weeping steps trying to keep as much distance as possible.➸

"Common Speech"

"Xantheon Speech"

! Message from: Pegasus
The catterpillar looks at Oluwànjẹ as he yelps and speaks and then, the caterpillar replies. But he doesn't speak to Oluwànjẹ, not at all. "Not here! OUT!" The caterpillar speaks in an apparently quiet voice, which reverberates and resonates throughout the Waiting Place. And with the slightest popping sound, Asíwàju simply is not there. Like it never existed.Then the caterpillar turns to Olu and smiles. "Tea?"
word count: 583
Max
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Renown: 950
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

The previous events from a cycle past had left the marked woman battered in every sense of the word. Physically wounded and mentally drained, the ex-convict had returned to Scalvoris with thoughts of reprieve and selfishness. No more would she spend her time worrying about the well-being of others. That nonsense was the sort that had placed her fate repeatedly in a precarious state. Concerning herself with anyone but herself was too high risk without adequate reward. At least that was what she'd been repeating in her own head as of late.

She'd placed the thoughts and memories of the past to the back of her mind the best that she could. Too often a painful recollection came shooting to the forefront of her thoughts, but it was a torture she was learning to weather. That ability came with the knock of opportunity and a deal struck with a dastardly devil. The new assignment consumed her, and the promise of ultimate ambition granted turned her work ethic into something resembling an industrious obsession. Things were looking to be taking a sharp, contrasting turn toward her favor compared to the last misadventure in Rynmere. At least that's what she was thinking up until the rift appeared.

"You are motherfucking kidding me," Maxine murmured her venomous displeasure as the bright crack in reality stared her persistently in the face. She rubbed at her tired eyes and shook her head with a groan. Sure enough, when she looked again, it was still there. There, with an ever-changing silhouette beckoning her back into its depths. The ex-convict shoved herself up from her table at the tavern, the explosive act eliciting whispers of alarm from the other patrons. "No, no, no." She held a finger up toward the silhouette, chugged the last of her rum, and stormed out the tavern door into the street. Of course the crack merely appeared across the way, still in her path even though she'd sworn she'd just turned her back on it a trill ago. "Not this shit again."

"No use running from it, dear," the honey badger appearing at her side tsked with hair on end. "You couldn't run from it then. No use in believing we can run from it now." Emea wasn't a place that filled Beatrice with fond memories either. Right before they'd escaped it, the honey badger had been asking the ex-convict to let her escape into reality. Nothing good could come from returning. They both seemed to agree on that even if they agreed on little else. Maxine looked up at the night sky and let out a groan. He'd already escaped her wrath once when she'd chosen the wrong door the last time he summoned her against her will. Now he was just playing with fire. Glaring at the silhouette of the Wingless Man, the only thing the ex-convict was fixated on was getting that second chance to kick his ass.

Let's get this over with. I've got shit to do.

The woman passed through the opening with a scowl and a honey badger at her heels. On the other side she was greeted with sensory overload. Books, food, talking caterpillars and staircases, and far too many bodies packed into the unfamiliar room. She furrowed her brow as she took a moment to survey her new environment. Halfway through her assessment she noticed she too had undergone an unwelcome wardrobe change. She looked down at herself, and somehow, her expression soured even more. Emea had dressed her in a bright orange blouse and pants with pure white socks. Oh, but that wasn't all. A quick pat upon her head and she quickly discovered the fox ears headband. The other guests to the domain seemed as humiliated by this dimension as she was. Misery always loved company, but in this she found little solace. Just more irritation and confusion.

Beatrice curiously sniffed at the air and tilted her head at the familiar faces in the room. The animal's reaction alone confirmed what Maxine already knew. What happened in The Maze had been no trip but a true experience. The inexplicable visions and knowledge had been real, not fantasy like she'd hoped. This time around she was determined to be more prepared to handle the bizarre things to come. That goal was going to be a bit harder than anticipated. In her horrifically orange pockets was she granted none of her worldly possessions. Just the strange ribbon, rusty scissors, and the mirror and notebook she'd been given in the Maze. Without her weapons, she was going to have to be a bit more resourceful. As uneasy and claustrophobic as she was in this company, she reluctantly elected to explore it. After a lap about the room and a taste of a strawberry, she rested her elbows on the back of the chair of the only person present she'd dare wholly trust.

"But never worried without good reason," Maxine interjected, twisting a tome she'd plucked off a shelf in one hand. Its worn leather binding practically broke apart in her grasp while she merely inspected it. Beatrice preoccupied herself with the wolf in her company, watching the canine closely. "What do you think, Blackwood? Should we place bets on more near death experiences? Or is it too soon?" The illiterate woman tossed the tome with deliberate disinterest to the side. The pages hissed as the book landed open on the floor. All the while, the ex-convict was content pretending she had absolutely no anxiety about the near future.

Dialogue|Thoughts
Noted! Responded to!
word count: 956
Mute
Race: Human
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

"Silence Reigns . . ."

Prior to my ability to Dreamwalk, I had not been fond of sleep. It had been my belief that the world's greatest secrets could only be found when the suns went down, so I would often put rest off to the wee breaks in the morning in an effort to make myself available to it. Dreams offered an alternative and, with it, a change of lifestyle. Thus, I was asleep when the crack appeared before me, and I was elated. Whereas before I had been fumbling with my newfound abilities without direction, this opening felt like a directed opportunity to explore these new planes. A dangerous one, no doubt, but I knew that was the sacrifice one had to make when it came to power.

I stepped through the crack, trying my best to balance my curiosity and my caution.

I arrived on the other side in an outfit I had never seen before yet at the same time felt most natural and familiar. The shirt and pants pajamas was dyed black with vertical stripes in a vibrant purple hue. I could feel with the wool lining on the inside rubbing against my skin, warming it. The white socks were of a similar make. The oddest accessory was the headband with badger ears, but I didn't bother to try and explain it away. It seemed a strange choice of clothing for this expedition, but I did not complain; truth be told, I didn't think one could even prepare for something like this.

I felt a weight in my pocket that spoke to something more. A quick investigation revealed a glass bottle-stopper of exquisite make. Colored a deep blue and blown in the shape of a whale's tail breaching the water's surface, it made for a comfortable grip in my hand. Its purpose was not clear to me, but I felt the need to keep it safe for now, so I returned it to my pocket. Then, I finally turned my focus on the room I had arrived in.

There was so much happening in this space, from the furniture to the food to the people, but my focused singled on the staircase. Unlike everything else, it appeared to be an apparent path to somewhere. I would be more cautious later, if I could, but I wanted to get started now. I chose the left staircase, the same direction I began The Maze in--and made my way to the exit.
Noted! Responded to!
word count: 424
Toraj
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Amnesiac
Renown: 140
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

He couldn't tell whether he was just starting to grow accustomed to strange things happening around him, but when the crack appeared... he didn't reel back in shock, nor did he find himself seized by fear. There was no real hesitation as he stepped through it, Spirit the Hare cradled securely in his arms like he'd taken to being of late in spite of most of his injuries having passed since their bout in the Maze together. Awake and stepping along the road between Scalvoris Town and Almund with purpose, Toraj and Spirit crossed through the crack to follow the shade of the Wingless Man. Perhaps that brief flash of familiarity was what prompted his quick decision to follow---things had been left unresolved and strange since he and many others were trapped in the Maze some time ago. It hadn't taken him long to realize that not just the victims of the event itself had felt its effects, but that they rippled across the world and haunted the dreams of all mortals in some manner or other. It was wrong. As one who'd been there, even if he hadn't made it to the center with the rest... he felt a certain kind of responsibility for what had occurred, and just like that his decision had been made.

Regret came over him almost immediately as he stepped into the strange Waiting Place. The cacophony of noise and the many voices, faces new and old that surrounded him, quickly overwhelmed Toraj. He reeled and backed up the way he'd came, finding the crack gone to trap him in this strange new place he'd found himself. His arms wrapped tighter around the Hare... and then he blinked. A few realizations flashed through his mind quickly as he looked down at himself. Dressed in pure white pyjamas, smoother and softer than anything he'd worn in his life, his clothing and equipment was gone. All save for Spirit himself, the notebook and mirror that rested against his chest between him and Spirit, and a strange flower that rested between a pair of Toraj's fingers. "It's a curious thing, it is, but I suppose we shouldn't be surprised!" the Hare chirped, helpfully, ears standing fully erect and twitching to the noise around them. He was stoic by comparison, perhaps because of their experiences together--but Toraj knew that Spirit was just as sensitive to the commotion as he was, if not more. The bow trembled along with the shivers of the Hare's tall ears, the creature's beady eyes staring up at Toraj for a few long moments... before the man thought he heard the creature's snorting laughter.

Frowning, he stared back until the Hare's vague motions with a paw directed his attention to his own head. He reached to find the headband fastened there, eventually discovering the pair of soft, plush ears that draped down the sides of his head, attached to it. Judging by their size and length, they were meant to emulate bunny ears, but their soft fabric design just drooped over his own ears and flapped uselessly when he moved them. Absent-mindedly and with growing frustration, Toraj tucked the flower behind one of his real ears, letting the crown rest against his temple---it was a rather pretty flower, bright golden petals spreading wide with glorious luster that shimmered softly when caught by light, flat and silken texture smooth to the touch as opposed to the coarse and dark stalk, tucked gently beneath his ear and equally golden hair. "This domain of mine never ceases to surprise." Spirit sounded oddly proud about the fact, and Toraj replied wordlessly with a flick of a finger to the Hare's decorated ear. The creature just snorted his amusement as the Mortalborn turned, stepping lightly in his white, furred slippers towards the staircases. If this was anything like last time, it wouldn't necessarily serve them to remain all in one place. He didn't know that the Exit up above would actually lead him anywhere, much less out of this place, but he stepped carefully up the frowning staircase so as to not offend it further and approached the Exit together with his friend, Hare still cradled in his arms alongside his items.

Off Topic
A small flower, Spirit the Hare (who has the ribbon tied around one of his ears), the notebook labeled 'Toraj, Son of Light', the mirror. Toraj chose to go to The Exit with both his actions.
Noted! Responded to!
word count: 769
Geminius Rose
Renown: 10
Character Sheet
Plot Notes

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Sometimes th transition from one dream to the next is so smooth, it goes unnoticed. The whimsicality of one dream might give way to te dismal tint of anothr with little warning aside from a singular point of eentry. Traversing the dreaming world of Emea was dangerous in this way, and as mch as Gem knew that, there was no reason for him to be wary of the door he'd stepped through. Qythaldri flitted around him as she usually did, wings filling the air with a steady hum as she went. The golden glow that radiated from her was much like a guiding light.

Perhaps he needed it in the moments that followed him opening the door. Dreaming had been a perilous task of late. Sleep was plagued with phantom figures and creatures and sometimes he wasn't sure if he was dreaming at all. Even doing this had been something of a shot in the dark, a means of gauging how bad things were becoming. But the winged man was everywhere, even here. Even in the door that led to some other dream. His hesitance came too late. Gem had already plunged through.

On the other side was not the winged man, but a library full of people. The Nyvora-marked tensed, eyes scanning the people in the room. A caterpillar approached offering tea. His wariness had been stamped into him by the sight of the winged man on his way in and his immediate response was to shake his head. "Where is this place?" He'd rather know that than had a cup of tea.

"Gem, were you always wearing that?"

Qythaldri flew closer as the mixed blood looked down, perching on his shoulder. He didn't remember changing into the long robe. The brush of soft cotton alerted him of at least one other layer underneath, though he couldn't tell the color. The robe over it was thick and warm, red with black accents. An a scarf of some sort was wrapped around his neck and tucked in, much the same color as the robe with what was a whimsical black lines decorating it. The pocket of the robe held a small square of fabric. Pulling it out revealed a handkerchief, about as ornately decorated as his scarf but in gold and white. There were initials embroidered on it, but he didn't want to focus some much on that then.

Not when he could feel something on his head slipping. The headband he reached up for had the ears of a...something that was a mammal. Long - deer, gazelle? Probably a gazelle. Gem had seen enough oddities in his dreaming career to know not to question too many things. They might not have an answer to begin with or worse: they'd have answers no one wanted to see. "You know what - I'll take that tea."

"I don't know if that's a good idea, Gemstone."

"There aren't enoough good ideas in Emea to go around, Thraldi."

"You have a point, but shouldn't you be looking for them, then?"

"Best not to force it; let them find us."

The fairy didn't seem pleased with this answer, trailing behind Gem. The mixed blood scratched the back of his neck, debating what to do next. There were plenty of people scattered around. Some looking at...nothing? And others at books and runes. But this was Emea, or some part of it, and he knew better than to walk up to any supposedly mystical objects. He turned for the chairs, seeing several people there already. Dropping down into a free one, and just arely being missed getting a book to the side, he offered a smile.

"Y'all tried the tea yet?"
Noted! Responded to!
word count: 636
Pegasus Pug!!!
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Renown: 666
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread

120th Ashan, 719. Midnight
Episode 1

The Waiting Place is a strange place. It has many, many Interesting Things and also a lot of Bang-ups and Hang-ups. there are Lurches hidden in plain sight and Slumps laying in wait. But there are Wonders and Whizzpings, too, for those brave enough ... or clever enough to find them. Or maybe they weren't so much discovered as revealed. Or eaten. Or.. something.

Anyhow.

The Waiting Place is a strange place. It has many, many Interesting Things and, in that moment, a few more Interesting Things came in.

And as they did what they did, He smiled eagerly and She whimpered.

It had begun.
Still Waiting...
I'm sorry to say so
but, sadly, it's true
that Bang-ups
and Hang-ups
can happen to you.

You can get all hung up
in a prickle-ly perch.
And your gang will fly on.
You'll be left in a Lurch.

You'll come down from the Lurch
with an unpleasant bump.
And the chances are, then,
that you'll be in a Slump.

And when you're in a Slump,
you're not in for much fun.
Un-slumping yourself
is not easily done.

What they did in That Place made a difference. Maybe not in the way they expected, but it did. And so, their Actions had Consequences.

The Curious
Your Thread!
Nightshade asked the book if it minded, should she take a peek and it did not reply for a moment, as though thinking, then it's answer was clear. "You may not." It said and Nightshade, being the well-behaved individual she was, followed the wishes of the book. Then, she turned her attention to the Caterpillar. He looked at her and smiled, nodding his head. "I'd love to have a chat, but I'm afraid, I must host now! I'll keep you here later, though, when it's all finished, and we can talk for arcs and arcs!!" He seemed pleased at such a prospect.

Tio meanwhile seemed to be quite his usual chipper self as he moved to speak to the happier staircase "Man?" It asked, with a frown at the question. "I didn't see a man, but then I didn't see a tear. Everyone sees differently. Different eyes, different perspectives." The staircase looked at Tio with fascination. "Will you tell me a story? Please?"

Alistair turned his attention to the Big Book of Rune Deciphering. He might find himself amused, or perhaps a little perplexed at it, but he turned his focus there. It started with a Chapter 1. What Runes Are. Runes, it seemed, were the light of fairies, which glittered and were made stronger by wishes. When enough people wished for something at the same moment, a Rune was born. Every time someone said they didn't believe in Fairies, a Rune died. As he read this, he might notice that the Runes on the Desk danced and moved. Careful consideration would bring about the realisation that they were moving in rhythm with his thoughts.
Information Unlocked: Alistair has noticed that he can, in some way, control the environment. He is not yet fully aware of how and no other pc knows or sees this. Therefore, Alistair is the only pc who should act on this at this time.

Ari'sora showed herself as curious by asking the host to answer her question. The Caterpillar smiled at her, kindly. "You were in the Maze. You know what happened." he said, his voice quiet. "It started something, and now everything hangs in the balance. You need to end it. One way, or another."
Information Unlocked:Ari'sora's question has provoked an answer that all should be aware of. As the Caterpillar speaks this answer, each pc is completely aware of it. You have a task to do here, until it is done ~ no one leaves.

Sephira sought to find out more in a way unlike any other. She used her magic to do so. As she did, the song of sorrow began. Each individual heard a different song, but Sephira heard them all in a discordant cacophany. This does not stop when you move on to the next thread and will remain, indefinitely. Alongside the sorrowful, mournful noise, those in the room when Sephira did this who are mages, marked or mortalborn all hear a distinct, single "POP"
Information Unlocked: Sephira has unlocked some important information about this place and the way it functions.

Amaris also turned their attention to the Big Book of Rune Deciphering. Chapter 2: Why Runes Are Very Dangerous was the chapter Amaris saw. This Chapter explained that Runes are actually Very Dangerous because, sometimes, they go BANG. When they do this, they rip away the soul of the person touching them and shred their body down to constituent parts.
Information Unlocked: Amaris has some information about Runes which may (or may not) be helpful (or true).

The Culinary
Your Thread!

Cirrina first spoke to Nightshade, then she turned her attention to the Caterpillar. He watched her pick up the piece of watermelon and he smiled at her question. It wasn't the smile of a creature who was afraid, or ignorant. Instead, it was someone amused. "I will be, in a moment. Someone will come and think they're even more clever than you. But long term, no. I'm not on the menu" He looked at Cirrina and smiled. He was just a chubby caterpillar, but he was very, very sure of himself. "You are."

Patrick focused on first looking around and then, the food. Did Lions eat cupcakes? Should they? But then, this was Emea and as weird as Emea got and could get. He did not speak to the Caterpillar and so, the Caterpillar did not speak to him. But the little creature noticed and his gaze flicked over the rude Rharnian with distaste.

Rakvald took it further than even Cirrina had, actually picking up the Caterpillar and eating it. It tasted of nothing but it was crunchy however, within moments Rakvald was feeling increasingly nauseous, dizzy and unwell. He begins to turn a strange shade of chartreuse. At no point did he, or would he, vomit. He just felt increasingly awful ... and had an urge to chew on some lettuce.
Actions Have Consequences: Rakvald has been poisoned! This is an Emean poison and will impact him in a long term consequence sort of way if he doesn't get cured during this (and related) threads. He is currently feeling awful but over the course of the next few hours he will slowly start to turn into a caterpillar. A talking one, of course.

Maxine at a strawberry, although that was not why she ended up where she did. As she tossed the book to one side, there was a loud hiss from it, and all it's siblings (or, fellow tomes) and Maxine felt a shiver run down her spine. Like, she was cold. Really cold. Very, very cold. And, the tips of the fingers which had flung the book turned icy.
Actions Have Consequences: Max disrespected the books in the library. The books are not happy. She has ice creeping up her - this post it is on the tips of her fingers - then it will be up her hand, then arm etc. She has, effectively, been cursed.

The Generous
Your Thread!

Auya focused on the stairs, on the magnificent craftsmanship and she sat, ice cream cone in hand, and asked how she could help. That seemed to perk up the rather sad staircase and it's eyes turned to the red haired woman. "You're very kind. I just get so ... you know. Sometimes," he was talking to her. As Auya spoke to the sad staircase, the more she engaged it in conversation the more it became separate and distinct from the other with a clear personality. He looked at her and smiled, sadly. "sometimes I just feel so downtrodden. I'd like to see a beach.. or a sunset. But no. Just feet, trial in and trial out. I like you."

Eliza meanwhile, focused on remaining well mannered, no matter how very strange the situation. "Hello!!!" chimed both staircases, in unison. The Caterpillar, though, he gave her a smile and nodded. "Oh, I'm glad! I like to be a good host! It makes me feel so much better. You're very old, aren't you? What's your secret!?" The small chap chuckled, obviously quite amused by his own jest.

Hart was known here and, he might notice that everything he did was treated with, and responded to, with respect. Wren was afforded what could only be described as reverence. As the books began to sing, the staircases both spoke. "It has begun" they said, in unison. Whatever "it" was, they didn't seem unhappy about it. The Caterpillar handed Hart a cup of tea (he was the only one who got one) and he looked at Hart, seriously. "No," he said. "No one can. Not until you've fixed what you broke. No one will wake up again until then." There was no accusation in the Caterpillar's voice, just a knowledge.
Information Unlocked: Hart's question has provoked an answer that all should be aware of. As the Caterpillar speaks this answer, each pc is completely aware of the reality. Until you have done whatever it is that you have to do here, as people fall asleep on Idalos, they will be incapable of waking up.

The Waiting
You post here!

Praetorum looked at the sphere and he was nearly one of the Curious. But then, he simply looked ~ and in looking he saw ~ but he did not do. So, he did not interact with anything and nothing interacted with him. He saw the vision, then the events which transpired after it. But, he continued to Wait.

Dosan, too was trapped by the sphere. He looked at ~ and in looking he, too, saw ~ but he did not do. So, he did not interact with anything and nothing interacted with him. He saw the vision, then the events which transpired after it. But, he continued to Wait.

Rabu, so nearly stepped into the room of The Curious. But, no, alas, he did not. Instead, he looked, gazing into the sphere. He looked at it ~ and in looking he, too, saw ~ but he did not do. So, although he interacted with the Caterpillar, who waved in delight and thanks to the kind Tunawa, he did not Go Anywhere. Rabu, like the others, continued to Wait.

Kura was the victim of her own words. She acknowledged that she was early and said she would have waited. And so, because here thoughts are deed and deeds are done, Kura continued to wait. When everyone else had gone, she got her cup of tea, though.

Oluwanje fussed and flapped. Asked for help and sat on steps. But he didn't... actually.. do anything. Although the Caterpillar got rid of Asíwàju and smiled, quite pleased with himself. Yet still, Oluwanje Waited.

Geminus sat in the chairs, smiled and Waited.

The Brave
Your Thread!
Nir'wei saw the stairs, he ignored them other than to put his feet on them. he was a mind-maker-upper and he stepped (with great care and tact? Perhaps... but perhaps not) and he walked towards the Exit. The moment that he did, that his mind was made up, he disappeared from the room.

Kesindir made Quite A Mess when he touched the sphere. It fell into all those little bits and then, after exactly seventeen blinks of the eye, the Caterpillar spoke. Only Kes heard him. "Well done!" The Caterpillar said, his voice showing how pleased he was that Kes had done that. "They're not trapped any more!" Whatever the Caterpillar meant when he said that was not clear and Kes didn't have time to ask as he disappeared from the room.

Nox saw the stairs, and followed (unknowingly, because Nir'wei had already gone) Nir'wei's lead. He too was a mind-maker-upper and he stepped (with great care and tact? Perhaps... but perhaps not) on the cheery stairs - and he walked towards the Exit. The moment that he did, that his mind was made up, he disappeared from the room.

Mute saw the stairs, he ignored them other than to put his feet on them. he was a mind-maker-upper and he stepped (with great care and tact? Perhaps... but perhaps not) and he walked towards the Exit. The moment that he did, that his mind was made up, he disappeared from the room.

Toraj saw the stairs, he ignored them other than to put his feet on them. he was a mind-maker-upper and he stepped (with great care and tact? Perhaps... but perhaps not) and he walked towards the Exit. The moment that he did, that his mind was made up, he disappeared from the room.

Everyone
People did, people spoke, things happened and noises occurred. Then, one by one and bit by bit, people faded or popped or fizzled from view. Until, all those who were left in the Waiting Place was those who Still Waited. When it was only them, the sphere reformed, silence fell and the room itself seemed hung with an air of tension.

In the windmills of your mind.....

Groups

The big headings are all groups you have been put into. These will be identified by new threads which I'll get up in the next few hours. Some of those will be further split down as the group size is too big for one thread.

Except for "The Waiting" - your actions (or inaction) mean that you have Waited here another round. Same rules for you as before. Two actions. But please note that these will have different consequences.

Those of you who did not use up both actions will have a negative consequence as this was a "Must Do" objective.

1. Open or touch a book.
2. Step on, or reply to, a staircase (tell me which)
3. Specifically interact with the runes or the Big Book of Rune Deciphering in any way.
4. Touch or ingest any of the foodstuffs.
5. Talk to the caterpillar.
6. Sit on a chair (or touch one)
7. Go to The Exit (this will involve going on a staircase and thus is 2 actions)
8. Interact with the sphere thingie in the middle.

I will open this thread when I post the others so that everyone has the same time to post.

Objectives

! Message from: MUST DO OBJECTIVES
For the Waiting Group.
1. Use up your two actions
 ! Message from: CAN DO OBJECTIVES
None this round

Dates & Deadlines

You need to post here by Friday, 22nd Feb. If you have not done so, you've missed the round. I will be locking the thread at that time.
I will post on Saturday 23rd Feb.
word count: 2515
~~Red in hoof and claw... ~~

Family visiting. Send help!
Praetorum
Approved Character
Race: Ithecal
Profession: Mercenary
Renown: 1020
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Timestamp

Praetorum let out a soft noise as the orb shattered before his eyes, ripping the illusion violently from him; and it was an illusion, it had to be, for there were others standing around the sphere, equally entranced.

Shaken, Praetorum stumbled backwards, shaking his head in distress until he bumped into a bookshelf, knocking a book off of it.

He caught the book before it hit the ground. “Oh, I’m so sorry.” He said apologetically, and gently placed it back where it belonged on the shelf. He was still learning to be mindful of those around him who were smaller than himself; half an arc in Yaralon, where he was quite a bit larger than everyone else, had taught him how much people disliked being bumped into by someone larger than they were.

He supposed books that cared enough about being handled to sing and scream would probably dislike it even more.

Stepping away, Praetorum rubbed his eyes, trying to sooth his aching heart so he could focus. Ri was gone, had been for seasons. He might never fill that void in his heart, but he had to move on.

Because until the work was done here, no one in Idolas would wake up. Until someone "fixed what they broke."

Praetorum didn't understand any of this. He didn't know what was happening, he didn't understand why he was here. But now, he knew that there was a problem, that people were in danger. And that, he was going to try and do something about.

When his determination overtook his grief, Praetorum walked up to the caterpillar. "Mr.. Ms..—I'm sorry, what's your name?—Caterpillar, I'm afraid I don't fully understand what's going on here. But it sounds like... it sounds like everyone's going to be in a lot of trouble if no one can wake up once they go to sleep. So please tell me, how can I help? What do we need to do, or fix?"
Off Topic
1) Interact with books
2) Talk to caterpillar

Your actions HAVE BEEN NOTED!!! I'm watching you.......
word count: 359
Let's play 'What's Weird About Prae'

Head

• A fiery rune shines under his right eye
  • A firey glow in the back of his mouth

Arms

• A ring of blue runes floats over each of Prae's wrists
  • A silver shield marks the back of his right hand
  • A ring of light around his left forearm

Misc

• His tail is about eight feet long, usually knotted around his waist
  • His body temperature is uncomfortably high

Surroundings

• Wind gusts with every step he takes
  • The area around him is slightly more static-y than normal
Rabu
Approved Character
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: 100
Character Sheet
Partner
Point Bank Thread

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Quite a bit had happened at the Caterpillar’s party, Books had sang and screamed, a magical artifact shattered and a loud pop irrupted in Rabu’s head followed by a very sad song. The guests at the party were being so rude, one even had the audacity to gobble up the Caterpillar as he was tasty little snack! Their host seemed fine afterward, if not a bit smaller in scale but it was still exceptionally rude. Rabu ate caterpillars too but not when they went to all this trouble to plan and organize a gathering, Rabu had to say something.

“Excuse me.” Rabu said to the giant lizard man who was asking the Caterpillar with all manner of questions before turning to the put upon host. “I just wanted to see if you were okay and apologize on behalf of the man that ate you. That was a very impolite thing for him to do and I hope he learns to be kinder and more thoughtful in the future.” Rabu paused for the briefest of moments before outstretching a hand towards the Caterpillar’s soft head. “I hope this doesn’t offend you but can I pet your head?” Rabu smiled nervously as his hand hovered in close proximity to the insects squishy scalp. If the Caterpillar seemed agreeable to the gesture, Rabu would gently stroke the top of the insects head to calm the poor creatures nerves.

“I’m going to fix the what-a-mah-jig.” Rabu suddenly declared with a flourish of his hand before scurrying over to the shattered object. Rabu’s eyes narrowed at the specimen, as he tried to think of a way to fix it. It was in pieces and Rabu didn’t have and clue or string or much of anything to put it back together. Rabu picked up a piece and tried to look for the other part to it, hoping that it was just a matter of arranging it in a certain order.

“Um..aren’t you gonna maybe ask some questions Rabu?” Yah pinched her brows together in confusion as she saw her friend struggled to put broken pieces of glass together. “I don’t think think this is a regular party and that is definitely not a regular Caterpillar…” Yah’s head turned slowly and her eyes quickly glanced at the Caterpillar with suspicion.

“I’m trying to focus Yah, can we talk about this later.” Rabu mumbled as he examined another piece.

Yah groaned, rolled her eyes and whispered under her breath ”Fine don’t listen to me…I’m only your loyalest and most devoted friend..been with you since you were a spout…was created in Emea…but what do I know..”

“What was that Yah?” Rabu replied absently with his eyes transfixed on the task at hand.

Yah held her breath tightly and her purple fur turned a shade redder, A few flames shot out of her ears as she tried to hold back her emotions.
► Show Spoiler
word count: 525
One of Rabu's Mortal Born abilities involves emean creatures called Dooglewogs doing pranks and causing misfortune for the Rabu. I roll a dice every time Rabu uses his other powers and whatever it lands on will happen in the thread he's in.
If a Grader or Mod wishes to add a misfortune as a reward that would be wonderful but please be sure that it's only temporary and isn't too disruptive or disturbing (I'm mostly going with light and silly) look on my character sheet for examples.
Kura Wolfsdotter
Approved Character
Profession: Council Member
Renown: 765
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Kura noted the others disappearing or even just flat out leaving the room through the exit. She, however, waited, though she smiled and accepted the cup of tea she was given with word of gratitude to the giver. When everyone else was gone, however, the Mortalborn stood as near their caterpillar host as she could without crowding him and took a drink of tea from the cup. She had, after all, been offered the tea, not any of the other foodstuffs. As the others bombarded their host with questions and touched things, the latter activity having only caused problems thus far and therefore was something she would have advised against, she sat quietly and drank her tea until their host had finished answering everyone elses questions.

However, when everyone else had spoken, Kura finally spoke to their host again. "Mr. Caterpillar, as I recall, you asked us to wait when we arrived. As defying the hosts wishes, so long as they are reasonable, is the worst of manners, I will do as asked until that which you asked us to wait for has arrived. However, I admit my own confusion as to these events, though I feel I know their source. So, if you will, permit a single question that I feel is pertinent." she said, her tone polite, but her eyes were intent.

"Who, or what or even when, did you ask us to wait for?" she asked, her tone showing her curiosity. Ornery, meanwhile, had found a place to perch where his claws wouldn't make a mess of things and looked down at Kura, though he kept silent. Kura could tell that her newest familiar wasn't quite sure what she was doing, but was also aware that the answer to her question, and indeed her decision to wait until whatever she had been asked to wait for, could very well be of incredible importance, and so the owl did nothing that could interfere with what the mortalborn was doing.
Off Topic
1: Drank my tea. 2: Talked to mr caterpillar. Kura's choosing to wait for whatever the host asked them to wait for, if she has a choice.
word count: 362
Please send all PM's to my Basilisk account.
Geminius Rose
Renown: 10
Character Sheet
Plot Notes

Milestones

Miscellaneous

It felt strange to be taking this more seriouusly thhan he usually did. But there was something about this particular dream that made him feeel like he should. And the chairs were comfortable - maybe too comfortable. The kind of comfortable that could ave been deceptive and like there was more to them. So he stood. And perhaps it was just in time to notice that people were missing. Or, well, disappearing.

He blinked and a majority of everyone in the room was gone, along with some sort of popping in his ears. He frowned, hissing. There was still the man on the stairs, though. He seemed particularly put out by this whole situation, quite vexxed where he was on the steps. ”Think we should say something?”

”Dunno if it’s our problem to deal with, Gemstone.”

“When is anything ever our problem to deal with?”

“Our problems are always ours to deal with.”

“Yeah, well-” He stopped, blinking. He couldn’t exactly argue with that logic. “That’s not what I meant.”

“That is entirely what you meant.”

”Are we getting into this right now? Here, in some wackado’s dream?” Both sighed, moving away from the chairs. Qythraldi perched on his shoulder, wings buzzing every few trill. It was almost like a timer of sorts. But there was a question he had: who’s dream was this? Maybe he was a lot more tired than he initially thought, but this seemed deeper than an ordinary dream.

He certainly wasn’t paying much attention to their apparent host, because he missed that whole tidbit about fixing what was broken. Rubbing his eyes, he approached the books. They’d been singing earlier, but were silent now.

”How much is one of these even worth?” It was something to wonder because his brain didn’t have much to wonder about at the moment, as he slid a finger over the spine of one book before removing it from the shelf. ”Do you know how much you’re worth?” If it answered, he’d nod solemnly and replace it.

There was something else different about the room; the empty stand now held a sphere. There was a...twig person, thing standing in front of it, seemingly ready to touch it. He wasn’t sure that was a terrible idea. Book still in hand, he walked over as the tunawa - a little big for one, but there weren’t many other tree-based things he could think of - made contact with the sphere.

“Oh, boy.”
Off Topic
1. Interacted with the books
2. Looked at sphere thingie
word count: 433
Locked Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “The Fall”