• Solo • Wake the Dead

1st of Ymiden 719

Here is the City in the Trees. Desnind, home of the Immortal Moseke and much more! All IC writings in Desnind go here.
Cirrina
Race: Mer
Renown: 80
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Wake the Dead

1st of Ymiden, 719

Unlike most who woke at the start of the season, Cir woke more pissed off than when she had fallen asleep the night prior. Her dreams of food interrupted by whatever hell the Immortals games they had brought. A face she had never wanted to see again looming at the forefront of her mind and—

The Mer sat straight up.

The things they had done to Immortals.

Her eyes practically glowed in the dark.

She could kill him.

The sack of useless fish bait was killable she just had to hone herself. Act as if she were grateful and wait to crack open his bones and drink the marrow. But the thought of bones reminded her of the crushing of her own, the room echoing as if the sound was still there. Cir wasn’t dead, couldn’t even quiet remember what had happened between being utterly destroyed and waking up as if it hadn’t happened at all.

“Cirrina?” Marin didn’t bother to knock as he entered the room, gaze falling on her intently. He said nothing for several moments until the Cir frowned and waved a tentacle as if she could ward off his magic, “You’re here.”

“As opposed to where? Don’t be an idiot.”

“I seen.”

He didn’t need to say anything else because she too was not an idiot. Her teeth gnashed. So many had seen her sorry state. It was something unnerving and embarrassing but mostly infuriating about the whole scenario.

Again. She hissed out as he came forward, actually swatting away the hand that reached for her head, “Like a toy!”

After a few moments of silence he spoke again, “What are you talking about?”

“The thrice damned Immortals! The useless tripe that I would feed to pig! One calls me a coward while they can’t even fight and win their own battles? They drag us in as pieces as if—I’ll kill them all.”
She snarled darkly, tentacle slamming into the wall hard enough to shake it.

“You do run from things…” Marin said slowly, watching her like one would watch a rabid animal, “and you are fine now, you have been asked for nothing.”

“Because they are not stupid enough to ask!”
She shrieked and shoved him away as she stood, unable to be still when her veins throbbed so angrily, “They—and he—and all those there. They let them rip themselves apart!”

“You don’t even care for them.”
Her mentor snapped back.

“I don’t, half of them believed they were helping.” She snorted derisively.

“This is why you were cursed.”

“Cursed for being just like them? What have I done that’s so different? He judges and uses things and is a coward! Did he help his own? Where were the rest?!”
She took a deep breath as she rubbed at her chest agitatedly, “But it doesn’t matter. They are not invulnerable.”

“As everyone has seen but—”

“In this you won’t change my mind. Even if I am no longer your student after Marin, you will not stop me.”
Her voice was flat, as emotionless as if her magic had drained them all out and thrown them away, “If you fight me, I can add you to my bones.”

“You know you cannot kill an Immortal. You’d bring them all down on your head.”

“I am not their toy! I am not their plaything and I refuse to be.”
Cirrina said, her voice cracking slightly, “And I saw. I saw what that man did. If a land walking oaf can do it, so can I!”

“And look at what it did!”

“If I have to drown the entire world to take him with me then I will!”
She screamed back, her tentacles flaring and knocking over everything within range. As quickly as it came, it fled. “Stop it. I have the right to be angry.”

But her voice was flat even to her own ears as Marin picked his way around the broken lights. “Perhaps but none of them were wrong and that is why you’re angry. I’ve never known you to lie to yourself so why start now?”

Because the truth wasn’t something she could stomach. She still felt rubbed raw from before. Calilious. The Nightmare creatures. The curse. If she would have allowed herself to cry it might have helped but crying solved nothing and made her ache. She swallowed it down and glared at her mentor. And she while she trusted him to instruct her she didn’t trust Marin not to be manipulating her feelings so she shifted the topic completely.

“Will you fight me?”

“…no.”

“Then you’ll train me still?”

He sighed, “If that’s what you want.”

The Mer had wanted…she wasn’t sure what, but she knew what she wanted now. More than her own creator. She wanted the Immortal who cursed her dead. She wanted the one who dared put her in that Nightmare dead. All of them. Dead.

“It’s what I want.”

“If you follow this, you’ll regret it.”

“And you’ll regret having taught me anything at all.”
She replied tartly as her stomped across the room, her foot stubbing on a small statue. Instinctively she knew where it was from. There was no other explanation, but it made her no less angry to see it right up until the moment she picked it up.

More than anything Marins magic could do she felt all of her anger melt, not entirely but into something more manageable. More like herself and less like someone whose head was about to spin off from all that she had seen and done. The entire passed seasons melting into one unified and much calmer thought. Briefly she thought of smashing the statue to pieces for it even daring to control her any more than they had but it wasn’t.

This was her.

The her that cowered and fought a woman long dead.

The her that would fight a Nightmare.

The her that would follow the stupid humans to the forest.

All of it.

She was no coward, self-preserving and serving maybe and even more than that she was cruel and capricious. Cirrina smiled slowly, and that would work perfectly because her goal hadn’t changed. The Mer did not fear the Immortals who hide themselves in different forms and acted as if their magics did more than her own.

When she put it down on the table along with whatever else Marin had collected from the floor the song was gone but the feeling stayed. Likely due to her own calming thoughts. The mark lured her into chaos, if they wanted her to cause trouble so bad, they should have asked.

“Marin.” She looked at him and he sighed but she could see he would give into her request just as she had given into his to come here, “When you’re finished here, we are going back to Ne’haer.”

“You shouldn’t be in Ne’haer.”

“Why not? The Immortals clearly want me closer to them,”
she sat at the table, a smile full of teeth blooming, “it’s only natural to learn all I can.”

Whatever he thought about the matter as whole was impossible to tell. For as often as he annoyed her when it came to things like this it was as if he were an entire stranger and not someone who left her with a spark. But as tempted as she was to try and read him her mind was already exhausted again.

Marin sat across from here, “Whatever you plan on doing then will wait until we leave Desnind and our prior agreement still holds.”

“…fine.”
She gave the inch, already regretting it, especially with the memory of that woman so close to the surface but she needed Marin. At least until she knew more than he did then she could always get rid of him. Secrets were always better kept if one of the holders was dead.

“You should reconsider.”

“And you should quit beating a dead horse.”
She snapped without ire, “I’ve made up my mind and it isn’t as if I’m asking you to help.”

He said nothing and the two sat in relative peace as the world woke up with the knowledge of what had passed. Cirrina still going over the steps of something she knew was attainable but likely impossible on her own. Her best bet was to try and recruit people from their ordeal but most of them were idiots. Desperate to help since the Immortals were too useless to fix their own damn problem.

Outside the sound of voices began to filter in and the Mer reached for the statue idly. Just because she hated them didn’t mean she couldn’t continue as she was. If they wanted to use pawns then so would she. But first she would have to see about finding new skin, having people recognize her from dreams she didn’t permit them to know her from was not something she savored.

“Where are you going?”

The Mer hadn’t even realized she’d stood but gave a ripple of her shoulders as she smiled and left the statue on the table, “Out for a dip.”

When she came back, she’d be a whole new Mer.

Last edited by Cirrina on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 1578
Maltruism
General Staff
Race: Prophet
Profession: "Mastermind"
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Wake the Dead

Come and get your Loot!

(There's plenty more where that came from)

CIRRINA:

XP Rewards: 10

These points can NOT be used for magic.

Skill-Knowledges:

• Meditation: Using statues to calm yourself
  • Persuasion: Sometimes you can just ask for things
  • Negotiation: Agreeing to demands to get what you want
  • Discipline: Knowing when to keep your thoughts to yourself
  • Discipline: Planning before acting
  • Discipline: Sticking to your decisions

Loot:

Nothing to speak of

Loss/Injuries:

Lucky you didn't hurt yourself throwing all that stuff around. ;)

Renown: 5

A nice visible tantrum is worth some notice points. :shock:

Comments:

Was this an immediate carry-over from a previous thread?
If so, it could use a link, so I could've gone back for some reference.
But that aside, it provided a very convincing image of a very pissed off Mer. :lol:
word count: 139
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Desnind”