Skill Development Chat and Q&A

Use this thread to discuss skills, ask questions, and request support!

Submit your articles for Skill Development here.

Moderator: Maltruism

Rumour
Developer - Staff
Developer - Staff
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:43 pm

The purpose of this thread is to discuss any and all things related to skill development! This may include work that is in-progress or ready for review, questions that you may have for the Prophets and each other, and any more general comments or suggestions that you might have. I may also use this thread to post announcements, if anything comes up.

Feedback on individual skill write-ups should continue to be posted in the write-up thread for that skill.

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Rumour
Developer - Staff
Developer - Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:49 pm

I'll kick this off with a response I gave to a player about when the appropriate time is to take over the write-up for a skill that seems to have been abandoned. Here's what I said:

If you would like to take over a skill that seems to have been abandoned, please first reach out to one of the Skill Development mods. We'll check in with the player or staff member to see if they're still doing any work on the skill and/or if they're comfortable with the write-up moving to someone else. If we don't hear back from that player or staff member within a reasonable amount of time, or if they say that they're fine with the write-up being passed to someone else, we'll give you the go-ahead to take it over!

Cheers,
Ru

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild
Faith
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Philanthropist
Renown: +1000
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:05 pm

Who said it was futile?!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Resistance is written up and I'd appreciate any and all feedback. I'm not sure that I'm 100% happy with it, to be honest. I feel like it needs to be more detail and yet, I've put everything in there that I can think should go.

Also - would appreciate feedback on the distinction between Resistance, Endurance and Discipline at the beginning. If that's agreed / approved, I wonder if it should be edited in to all three? Thanks!

~Faith.

PS: Also very much hoping some players might comment on Carpentry and Caregiving Thanks!
""Every evil has its good, and every ill an antidote."

Rose Greenwood
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Healer
Renown: +25
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

Contribution

Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:53 pm

Gardening Edits have been made. Would love some feedback. Thanks!
Tio Silver
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Profession: Pirate Captain
Renown: +422
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Miscellaneous

Events

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:04 pm

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I've made a skill writeup for Lockpicking. If anyone has any feedback I'd be most appreciated.
Rose Greenwood
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Healer
Renown: +25
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Templates

Contribution

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:23 pm

Surgery | Been wanting to do this one since I started. I know there is more we can add, so please let me know if you guys have any additional ideas.
Rumour
Developer - Staff
Developer - Staff
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:40 pm

Hi all!

Thank you all so much for your contributions to the skill development subforum! I will be prioritizing skill reviews over the next week or two, so please keep an eye out for my feedback if I haven't dropped some on your thread already. I'm really looking forward to reading all of your great submissions and to getting some more skills up in the Lore Book.

And if you're currently working on a skill, now's the time to complete it so that you can get some swift feedback! :D

Additionally, please remember that providing a peer review to others is not only welcome but very much appreciated. Take a peek at what everyone else is working on and be sure to give them some feedback, as well!

Cheers,
Ru

Faith
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Philanthropist
Renown: +1000
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:58 pm

FYI: Just started working on cosmetology. It's still rough draft-y, but any comments welcome!
""Every evil has its good, and every ill an antidote."

Pash Raj'oriq
Approved Character
Race: Biqaj
Profession: Tankbard
Renown: +315
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:51 am

I will ... get back to revising my two submissions. Yep. Sorry.
Rakahi | Rakahi Pidgin | Common | Xanthean

Because of his Competency in Empathy magic, Pash exudes an aura of calm emotion that is always "on." While it's not strong enough to overcome extreme emotions and it also loses strength the more people he's around, it's still up to you how that affects your character in whatever situation we're in. PM with questions!
[/googlefont]
Maebella
Approved Character
Race: Eídisi
Renown: +54
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

RP Medals

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:37 pm

So seeing as it's been up for a few days and I feel like it might have slipped below people's radar, I have a write-up for a martial art here that could do with some feedback: Unarmed Combat (Menochoros). It's popular in Viden but not confined to it.

Return to “Skill”