[Warrick] When the Lion Smells the Rose

Teddy meets with Lazuli, with wine!

The seven Duchies of Central Rynmere and their respective baronies, cities, towns, villages, and landmarks each overseen by a Duke of one of the seven noble families and ultimately controlled by the King of Rynmere.

Moderators: Basilisk, Plague, Pegasus

Teddy Venora
Race: Human
Renown: +10
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:26 pm

8 Saun 716

Teddy stared at himself hard in the looking glass, his brow furrowed at the reflection. Something was off, but he couldn't quite place it. The dark green doublet was exquisitely crafted, with apple red and gold filigree lining it, all culminating in a rose sewn onto the breast in a gorgeous green-red-gold threading. His breeches were soft and supple, bending and bulging in all the right places. Even his shoes were deliberately shined and chosen. This trial was an important one for Teddy, and he couldn't afford to mess it up.

Which is why the discomfort with his look disquieted him so much. His hair was expertly tousled to look as if he simultaneously just rolled out of bed and attended an upscale gala, and his piercing blue eyes shone with their usual mischief. His lips were fuller today, he decided arrogantly, but still something was amiss. Eyebrows? Flawless. Blemishes on his skin? None. Stubble? Shaved accordingly. But no matter what it was, he couldn't figure out what wasn't the visage of perfection. With a grunt and a sigh, he twirled away from the looking glass, contenting himself to his subpar appearance. Perhaps Lazuli wouldn't notice. Even if the Baroness did, perhaps she could give the attractive Venora the benefit of the doubt. Even the most beautiful rose wasn't perfect.

As he went about finishing up his preparations, he hummed and thought of his cousin, Alistair. A few trials past, a letter arrived from the future Duke of Venora, explaining to Theodore that it was his familial duty to go to this Warrick, to treat with her after rumor spread of her new nickname, 'The Lion's Lamb'. Teddy hadn't heard it before Alistair wrote it, but he could understand why it would embarrass the young baroness. Especially after Teddy heard the whispers of her torture, she would be in a fragile state. And with Zvezdana's attempt at a power grab, Alistair feared that Warrick would stray away from the Venoras should the coming war take a turn. Though it was his duty, Teddy relished the idea of visiting Lazuli.

What a way to break up the tedium. His grin was eternal. He remembered Lazuli, though the image in his head may have been one constructed from fancy rather than embossed by memory. She was a pretty girl, slight, but who wasn't? Well, the Warricks, usually, but it's better to be pretty and desired than ugly and strong. The strength of her arm didn't stop her from being cut, but the radiance of her smile might stop her from being cut again. And if not, at least The Lion's Lamb would be embraced by the Thorns of the Rose. If all went swimmingly.

As he entered the carriage toward Fort Warrick, his mind wandered. He still hummed the tune that had been floating around in his head, but he couldn't ascribe any words to it. It was a lilting melody, sad and powerful and slow. A few times he tried his voice to it, but the words were just placeholders, something to make sound to as to flesh out the tune more. The ride was long and tedious. He knew he'd have all the time in the world to come up with lyrics to the song.

As long and tedious as it was, though, Teddy's arrival in Fort Warrick was sooner than he'd thought. He stretched languidly as he stepped from the carriage, shunning the hand offered to help him down. He smoothed the velvety doublet, removing any pesky creases that could turn his appearance from stunning diplomat to stunned dipshit in seconds. This was a very serious matter, and one that he would not dare let a few wrinkles ruin. He turned and held a manicured hand out, awaiting the selected choice from the finest sommelier that Venora had to offer. He was given a dark green glass bottle, and when he sniffed at the cork in the top, he knew he'd made the right choice in not choosing himself.

The cork had a sweet smell to it, but not too much so. Hints of cherry and spice, likely nutmeg, wafted into his nose. He smiled in spite of himself. He rarely showed his pleasure to the servants, lest they get lazy in their duties. But he nodded and marched to the door of the large plantation house, stifling his rising apprehension with a deep breath. A loud knock from delicate knuckles rang through the parlor beyond the door, and it wasn't long before a servant shuffled down and opened the door.

"Theodore Venora for the baroness, please." His tone was light and pleasant, as smooth as a fine cream on a hot day. He offered the servant an innocent smile, holding the cherry wine in both hands and cradling it against his lithe form as if it were more precious than a child. And to Teddy, it might as well have been. Children were far less calming than a nice Venoran red. The thought returned the smile to his face.

As he was led to a large room with a fireplace, Teddy's mind wandered again. Warrick was nice, sophisticated... But he wished that Lazuli would have come to Venora. When his letter reached her, she was still in quite the predicament, and he supposed he understood. But the beauty of the Venoran countryside, the music and cuisine... What better to cheer a young woman up than oysters and lilting harps? The thought aroused Teddy slightly, and he shifted in his seat so that his tight trousers would give nothing away. He set the unopened bottle on a heavy desk, instead looking around and admiring the artwork and craftsmanship that undoubtedly always adorned such places. He knew he wouldn't wait long for the baroness, so he just contented himself with humming that tune. He would put lyrics to it.
Lazuli
Race: Ithecal
Profession: Farmer
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Player Review
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:28 pm

Unlike Venora, the countryside in Warrick was completely flat and much better suited to raising livestock and growing root vegetables than grapevines. Nevertheless, the large estate of House Warrick was surrounded by its own vineyard, vines heavy with grapes destined to be bottled up and sold as the famed 'White Diamond' wine most Ryns knew by name. Of course, Warrick only supplied half of the ingredients, with grapes from the hilly vineyards of Venora providing what was necessary to create a match made in heaven. Needless to say, this was the only match the two regions had made in a very long time.
Quiet footfalls announced her grandmother's approach and Lazuli looked down to see the woman's silver slippers before the mirror in front of her revealed a familiar, smiling face. "Darling, you can't wear black, you'll have to change."
"I have no other dresses," Lazuli glanced at herself in the mirror briefly, struggling to hold her own gaze.
Isabel leaned forward to press a kiss to the top of young girl's head where Lazuli's hair was brushed, long, wavy, and styled away from her face. "Show me your nails," the old woman cooed, a request carried out swiftly. "Oh, Lazuli!" Isabel scolded. Hilary!" The duchess summoned one of the servants. "Cut my granddaughter's nails and moisturise her hands, I won't have her looking like one of those commoners she went to school with. I do wish you would take your title a little more seriously, child, and leave the running of your father's farm to one of the peasants." With that Isabel stormed away to make sure the rest of the house was in order.
Hilary smiled across at Lazuli as she took the woman's left hand carefully sanded the jagged points of her nails back. "I admire you," the servant offered casually. "It takes a lot of courage to live out there on that farm all alone."
"I'm not alone," Lazuli answered her softly. "I have my sister."
"Your twin, always off chasing horses and silly business ventures..."
Lazuli looked at herself in the mirror again, the servant's voice tuned out. She stared at the girl in the black dress, long sleeves and a high neck covering every inch of skin save for her hands and face. A simple gold necklace and tiger-eye gem worn overtop, glinted in the dim light, mocking her and the idea of what they all wanted her to be. Just as a rose has its blemishes, a lion hides behind stubborn pride.

A pair of large wooden doors opened and Lazuli entered the room, doing her best to hold her head up and look at Theodore without seeing him. As she drew nearer the young man, her stomach turned in knots. How should she greet him, and what should she say? Lazuli paused a few metres from the boy and pointed with her eyes to the velvet sofa framed with decorative wood which had been painted with gold-leaf. She did not have her grandmother nearby to draw courage from, and felt naked in front of Theodore, even in the long dress which left a lot to be desired.
"Theodore," Lazuli addressed the man informally, she hadn't remembered him from any of the noble gatherings she had attended in recent years, but the servant they had acquired earlier in Ymiden from House Venora had described him well, handsome, sure of himself, and fashionable. "I'm pleased to see you met no trouble on the road here. Welcome to Warrick. Would you like a refreshment?"
"That's my job," Hilary beamed, spotting the bottle of wine in Theodore's hands. "I'll return shortly with glasses."
Dread saw the noble girl stiffen. Alone, she was alone with a complete stranger. Her chest tightened and she blinked away any form of concern that may have touched her features briefly. "W-will you sit with me?" A forced smile helped soften her awkward delivery of the few words she had uttered, and without haste, she sat down on the left end of the sofa, the furniture padded with so much stuffing, the cushions had little to no give.
Last edited by Lazuli on Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Teddy Venora
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:29 pm

Teddy’s eyes were drawn to the door as it slowly opened. He could feel the anticipation building in his chest, and when Lazuli walked through the portal, an audible sigh escaped his lips. Considering the rumors, Lazuli looked stunning. The dress, though not revealing, was attractive on the slight woman, and though she seemed uncomfortable to be there, he knew that someone had prompted her to take the meeting.

”My lady Lazuli. Might I just say that you look ravishing?” He deliberately knelt low and gently kissed her pale hand, bright blue eyes looking up ever so slightly afterwards. He was trying to gauge her reactions, trying his hardest not to spook her after her… predicament. With a genuine smile, he stood back to his feet and allowed the servant woman to take the cherry wine. With an appreciative nod, he watched her as she scurried off for glasses.

”If you’d have me so, I will.” With that, Teddy sat on an overstuffed arm of the chair, maintaining a healthy distance between himself and Lazuli. The woman seemed frightened, and Teddy could not blame her. If the rumors were true, then she had endured more in that short time than he had in his life. In fact, he didn’t know if he could even survive what she had gone through.

”Forgive me, my lady. I am as much nervous as you, I believe.” He smiled, hoping his honesty could break the tension between the two of them. From his spot on the arm of the sofa, he had a clear view of her face, and he studied it in the light. Her bone structure was flawless, but there was something in her eyes, and Teddy thought it looked an awful lot like fear.

”And more to my driver’s luck than my own on the road. I find carriage trips to be dreadfully boring. Don’t tell my cousin this, but sometimes, I envy the winged creatures for their ability to fly away.” His smile was comforting. He took a gamble that she would identify with the statement, and hoped that it would pay off. It would not do for her to be afraid of him.

Sympathy was not an inherently Venoran trait. In fact, many of them could be ruthless in the face of business or politics, but Teddy found himself sympathizing for Lazuli. Empathizing with her. Surely Alistair would jest at him for feeling for her, but Teddy found that he could not help it. And her strength, though wooden and false as it may be, bolstered Teddy’s resolve.

”I—“ He faltered for a moment, struggling for the first time in his life to come up with the correct phrasing. He frowned, not at her but at himself, not knowing how to proceed diplomatically. After struggling for a short time, however, he found that the most honest and direct way was likely the best way.

”I’ve heard rumors, my lady. Gruesome and grotesque and upsetting rumors. Though I am sure you are not eager to relive them, may I ask discreetly if they are true?” To the point, but not overly upsetting, he hoped. He studied her face, looking for any change in mood. He did not wish to make her cry, did not wish to cause her any further pain.

And then, as she was, he was painfully aware that they were alone. The serving girl had not returned with the glasses yet, and Teddy felt as exposed as Lazuli did. Though he was not tortured, and his apprehension was directed from a different source, the tension between the two of them was almost palpable. This was not the afternoon that Teddy had in mind, but it was something that he needed to clear away before they continued. He wanted Lazuli to know that he knew, but also wanted her to know that he wasn’t judging her for that, nor was he going to. He just wanted to share his wine, and her company, and enjoy themselves. The dark cloud looming over the room had to be burst.

Where the devils is that serving woman?! Teddy smiled through his discomfort, his face taking on a perfectly adorable quality. His eyebrows scrunched slightly, and rose an almost imperceptible amount higher on his forehead. His lips puffed out, like he was pouting, but still smiling. It was the very definition of a sympathetic look. He couldn’t get over how he felt in that room. It was unlike him. And he knew that.
Lazuli
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Player Review
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:57 pm

Ravishing, no one had ever called her ravishing before. Women like Zvezdana were ravishing, Lazuli? She was just a girl no one had ever paid any mind, the kind of girl who wore boots under long dresses instead of slippers, and refused to ride sidesaddle. Her beauty routine consisted of rolling out of bed, washing her face, and quickly taming her hair with her fingers before going out to face the day. Though on this occasion she had gone to a little more effort, brushed her hair, painted her lashes, and allowed the servant to rub rose oil into her hands, she still felt far from Ravishing.
"You're kind, Theodore." The woman had always had trouble accepting praise, and couldn't possibly thank the young man for something she struggled to believe, leading her to repay the man's compliment with a simple truth. That was not to say that she thought him a liar, only that she saw something else entirely when she looked in the mirror.
Theodore made mention of his nerves and Lazuli did her best not to look him in the eye, as if she thought herself to be working with a small, timid animal, one she did not want to give reason to suffer any more discomfort than he must feel already, being so far from home and sat only a metre or so from a complete stranger. Had his admission put them on an even playing field? Only time would tell.
Theodore had managed to find common ground in sharing his thoughts regarding creatures gifted with flight, Lazuli finding herself swept away momentarily by one of her favourite daydreams, and pictured herself sharing the clouds with the famed Jacadons of Sunset Isle. Caution gave way to familiarity, and even while the girl hadn't quite managed a smile, her body language altered noticeably, making her appear more content than frightened.
In a matter of seconds, however, it was all undone as Theodore inquired about the validity of the rumours whispered amongst the noble houses in what she could only assume was in regards to her recent abduction and torture. The strange tightness returned to her chest and her nostrils burned. Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, she coached herself silently. Lazuli closed her eyes as memories of the ordeal blinked into her mind. She could still feel her captors eyes on her, stripped of her clothing, the tightening of ropes around her wrists, and the cold steel of his knife biting into her flesh.
"None but nasty rumours," she would do her best to convince the man lest like the fox he believe the rabbit wounded and play on her weakness. Lazuli had not been home since the incident, had been too frightened to sleep in her own bed, to be left alone. Isabel had held the girl every night until she fell asleep since her return to Warrick, wiped away her tears, and cooed softly in the night when nightmares shook her from sleep.
Smoky blue eyes took the man in, and for a moment she held his gaze as she spoke. "Your cousin sent you on his behalf." Lazuli did her best not to fidget and stitched her fingers together across her lap to ensure that she could not indulge the bad habit, but before she could say anymore, Hilary returned. The servant poured a half glass of wine for each of the pair and left the bottle on the table before taking her leave.
Lazuli got to her feet and took up a glass, raising it to her lips with back turned as if to drink, she would not, however, until Theodore did so. Whether or not the man would realise she was yet to taste the wine, she would remain unsure unless he chose to say something. "How does his sister Zvezdana fair?" Isabel had been completely infuriated by the woman's actions, and while Lazuli had been naive enough to count Zvezdana as friend, burnt bridges would not be so easily mended. "She is the reason for your visit?" The young woman took up a seat across from the man, feeling as though she had the courage to face him now, almost believing her own lie.
Teddy Venora
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:08 pm

A lie. Teddy had hoped for her to be honest, but he could understand her apprehension and perhaps even forgive the misdirection. He couldn’t imagine what it was like to be taken and tortured, and he wasn’t sure that he would admit to the violation either. Still, how he would have loved to believe that she found him trustworthy enough to be honest with. More than likely, she was playing it safe and keeping her vulnerabilities hidden until she knew what his true motives were. He couldn’t blame her, after Zvezdana’s ham-fisted faux pas.

Instead, Teddy just smiled warmly, trying to reassure her that he was going to agree with her story, though she had to know that he knew it was true. It was seldom that a rumor passed through the noble houses that wasn’t true. If it weren’t true, it would have been published in the Gazette. That seemed their way. But the nobility, they knew where the truth lay, nearly every time.

”Good, my lady, for I feared that you had been hurt. A pretty little lamb like you doesn’t deserve to be hurt.”

Teddy studied her pretty face again, this time looking for any hint that she had heard her nickname, as well. It was likely, and Teddy knew that it would likely offend her. Part of him regretted having to use it, but he knew that he needed to bring it up. Instead, he pushed through, trying to cover up that he’d said it to avoid direct confrontation.

”Alistair may have sent me, but I came of my own accord. I’d heard those dreadfuls whispers, and though you and I have not spent time together, my heart reached out. Luckily for the both of us, the rumors were just those: rumors.” He titled his head, this time giving a more distinct revelation that he actually believes the rumors, contrary to what she has said. Still, his facial expression was warm and inviting, and his eyebrows quivered slightly as he looked at her. He wanted to tell her it was going to be fine, but what did he know? He’d never been there. Likely as not, it wouldn’t be alright.

”As for Zvezdana, she is the reason for our business this trial, but not to discuss how she is doing. It’s do discuss what she has done.” Teddy’s usually glowing visage dimmed considerably. ”Alistair believes that the situation is shades of grey, but I’m less inclined to share his belief. To me, Zvezdana’s actions were a direct slight to you, my lady, and the House Warrick. But I wish to assure you that, black and white or grey, House Venora does not support her actions, or those of the usurper king. While we can’t move to openly oppose them, we’ve been trying our hardest to show that we do not throw our support behind them.”

The look on Teddy’s face is a stoic, desperate plea for her to understand. Alistair had placed a lot of faith in him, but more importantly, he felt for this woman in front of him. After what she’d gone through.

”The only thing I can hope to do is offer House Venora’s apology and implore you to believe that this was not a move borne of collaboration.” With a sigh, Teddy sat back and sipped at his wine, which he had forgotten was in his hand. With raised eyebrows, he examined the glass. It was considerably better than he’d anticipated, even though it came from their stores. It improved his mood visably.

”Would you like to know something that I haven’t told anyone yet?” He leaned forward, eyes shining with a tint of mischief. ”I named my cat Queen Zvezdana Venora. I figured one of them had to be royalty.” His grin was malicious and dripping with intent, and he hoped the news would brighten Lazuli’s opinion of him.

It wasn’t that Teddy didn’t like Zvezdana, he just understood what her actions had done to put their family in jeopardy. The world had become dangerous, and Teddy blamed Zvezdana for putting them in the middle of the chaos. Now, he was here, in front of this frightened little lamb, making sure their world wasn’t going to burn down around them.

”This wine is good, wouldn’t you agree?” It didn’t occur to Teddy that she might be faking her sips, but he took a large gulp all the same. It was only after he did so that he thought Lady Warrick may have had it poisoned. With a sly grin, he looked at her. ”Oh, dear. Should I not have?” His grin was infectious. ”Well, if you wished ill will on me for my cousin’s mistakes, I suppose I shall die as I have lived. With a wine glass in my hand, empty.” And with that, he downed the first glass. By that point, he was sure that he wasn’t poisoned, but one could never be too cautious. He filled another glass, ready to end the misery, should the need arise.
Lazuli
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Player Review
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:12 am

Oh he was cruel, and the lie like wicked poison, had been cast from mouth without show. A smile, wasn't it just like a man of Venora to hide behind something as simple as a smile. The Lion of Warrick, that is what they had called her father, a knight with a golden mane and courage in spades. He had twice been tortured in his line of work, information Lazuli had not be privy to until recently. The name, her nickname, The Lion's Lamb, was a taunt, the other houses poking fun at Warrick's heir. Theodore had reached out to pull the lion's tail and now waited to see if he would get the claws.
Her shoulders sank, even while she lifted her chin in an attempt to remain stoic. The lids under her eyes burned as Lazuli repeated her silent mantra, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry. The young woman took up her wine glass again to busy her hands with and listened carefully as Theodore spoke, allowing his words to distract her from his slight. But the mind of a woman wasn't easily silenced, and even as she offered the man eye eyes, she reserved her concentration, applying it instead to ill speculation. He thinks you are weak, that you are broken, they believe you will be the downfall of this house, and everyone knows your name, little lamb.
Zvezdana, the name did not inspire the loathing her grandmother wished it would, but instead summoned the girl from her thoughts, mind and body focused now. House Venora did not support the actions of their own, this a trait that divided the two neighbouring regions. Pride ruled House Warrick, the misdeeds of the few became that of the many, while like an octopus, House Venora would sacrifice an arm to save the head.
Zvezdana had inspired the young Warrick, and this news, be it true or false, did not seem to tarnish the bond that had been struck during their first meeting. Proud, beautiful, and brave, Lazuli thought, to defy those she should hold dear. Her family would have the girl believe that Zvezdana didn't hold anything dear, only near until it no longer had a use to her. Lazuli liked to think that perhaps Zvezdana really had fallen in love, but these were the kind of notions that had inspired her nickname in the first place. You are such a child, little lamb.
Theodore's next admission did see her smile, if only briefly, not at the malice in his statement, as if to imply that Zvezdana would never be queen, but that a cat might be named after her. Such was the child in Lazuli, the quiet girl who had spent her youth raising horses and crops rather than sharpening her political teeth with those who seemed to make a profession of it. She had named her dog Asher after a boy at her local school, one who had picked on her relentlessly. The irony was that Asher, the dog, much like the boy, was tall, dark, and intimidating, but a total chicken when it came to being a guard dog.
The young man mentioned the wine then and Lazuli realised she was yet to taste it. However, just as she was about to lift it to her lips, Theodore accused her of having the wine poisoned. It was then, for the first time during their meeting, that she laughed. The gleeful chuckle seemed to bubble up and see her burst, a hand quickly thrown in front of her mouth to halt the sound. The masked smile had touched her eyes, and as she watched Theodore, she couldn't help but shake her head. The amusement soon passed and Lazuli tasted the wine before setting it down on the table between them, an olive branch of sorts.
"Consider Venora's apology accepted," Lazuli swept her hair back from her face to tuck behind her right ear and pressed her toes together. What was the use in holding a grudge anyway, it would not change what had been done, there could be no going back now.
Was it genuine, she wondered, why had Alistair sent his cousin to deliver the apology on the behalf of House Venora? Did he have better things to do? Was he ashamed or perhaps scared to enter the region, much like she had been apprehensive about sharing the truth of her recent misfortune.
Lazuli glanced at Theodore, surely he hadn't come all this way to drop off a bottle of wine and bow like a dog to his master's orders? "If our business is done," Lazuli got to her feet and took up her wine glass, "let me see to it that one of our riders gets you home swiftly." She smiled and beckoned for him to follow her out onto the terrace at the back of the house that pointed towards the Burning Mountains, where down in the fields below, just beyond the grapevines, over ten thousand Skyriders and their mounts had gathered, with more and more pouring in each day to set up camp.
Light flooded the dimly lit room as she knocked and two guards opened the large wooden doors. The decorated men stood like silent statues, eyes shielded by the visors on their golden helms. Horsehair dyed red fanned backwards from the tops of their caps, and thick, blood red cloaks were pinned, draped across their shoulders. Jacadon were usually very vocal creatures, but unknown to most, the dragons were mute in Warrick, especially gathered so close to the Stone Forrest where the mighty dragon Scorn reigned king of the sky.
"Of course you are more than welcome to stay as long as you please, just know that the offer if there if you wish to make use of it," she gestured to the encampment, dotted with banners, sigils, and colours from as far as Endor and Krome. "I believe you'll enjoy the flight through the clouds a lot more than our bumpy roads."
Teddy Venora
Character Sheet
Templates

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:31 pm

Though taken back the abrupt end to their meeting, Teddy smiled and stood with Lazuli. Not willing to push the ticket and overstay his welcome, he walked with her, quietly taking in what had just happened. She had accepted the Venoran apology, but that didn't answer the question as to where her loyalties lied. Teddy bit his lower lip, mulling everything over in his head. That is, until something else took over his attention wholeheartedly.

Theodore's eyes couldn't absorb everything at once. There was so much going on in the courtyard below, and as he tried to take everything in, he realized his breath had caught in his chest and he wasn't breathing. He slowly let out the air in his lungs, trying to regulate his breathing so as to not alert Lazuli to how she had thrown him off his guard. It was a difficult thing to do, but when it happened, Teddy was impressed. And the ten thousand Skyriders below him were more than enough to impress him.

Whether she knew what she was doing, Lazuli just deftly wrapped up the conversation in one fell swoop. She didn't strike Teddy as a particularly adept politician, nor did he think that she had taken his invitation solely to show him the massing force gathered below them. Regardless whether she meant it as a power play, it worked out as one, and Teddy admired her for it. Here he was, trying to ensure that Warrick and Venora's relationship was reparable after Zvezdana's ham-fisted attempt at power, and the Lady Warrick was consolidating the Skyriders in her courtyard. Teddy smiled at the insignificance of the meeting, now knowing that it was all a show for her. He had begun to admire Lazuli when she lied to him about her torture, but now, he was positively smitten.

"My deepest gratitude for that opportunity, Lady Warrick, but if you wouldn't mind, it was a long ride here. I'd sooner stay a while longer. Since our business has concluded, perhaps you'd do me the honor of a leisurely stroll through the gardens?"

Teddy's smile was sincere, and though he was stricken by the sight below him, he felt that he should get to know this girl, the one they called The Lion's Lamb. Though she accepted his apology, he felt that a friendship would go a long way in deterring the Warricks from using the massing army underneath them on Sabaissant. One could never be too careful.

"Or anything, really. Anything to refrain from being thrust back into utter boredom. Venora is beautiful, but I'd be lying if I said that the people are interesting. You, however..." Teddy's grin spread across his face. She was interesting, as was her contingent of warriors. Two Jacadons, one stone, apparently.
Faith
Approved Character
Profession: Philanthropist
Renown: +1000
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:04 pm

Peer Reviewed: Rewards!
Teddy

Points!:

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: / 5
Structure: 5/ 5
Knowledge:

Cosmetology: It takes time to look this casually stylish
Detection: Spotting a lie
Endurance: Are we nearly there yet?
Etiquette: Asking ladies if they've been tortured just isn't the done thing
Politics: Venora and Warrick are a little bit different.
Psychology: Gauging reactions from non verbal cues
Psychology: Empathy can promote positive relationships
Psychology: Use a key word to gauge honest reactions
VInting: The smell of a good wine

Lazuli: The Lion's Lamb
Lazuli: Got tortured
Lazuli: Thinks you're kind.
Lazuli: Accepts Venora's apology

Loot:
NA
Fame:
NA
NB: Teddy, it is very important that your CS, specifically your ledger and belongings are reflected in your RP. Your ledger doesn't identify the clothes you describe, nor the wine etc. Please ensure that this is not the case in future threads by putting the detail needed into your CS. Thanks!
Lazuli

Points!:

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/ 5
Structure: 5/ 5
Knowledge:

Politics: Venora and Warrick: House relations
Politics: Never drink the wine first.
Etiquette: Manners even in the face of nerves.
Vinery: The Venora/Warrick mix of "White Diamond"
Cosmetology: The importance of a good manicure
Cosmetology: Painted lashes - a subtle but effective make up
Discipline: Maintaining your identity despite all pressures
Discipline: Never show when they've hit a nerve
Deception: Eye contact can make a lie more believable

Teddy: Not really hot on the whole title thing
Teddy: Brings a gift
Teddy: Kind
Teddy: Has a cat named Zvezdana
House Venora: Does not support Zvezdana

Loot:
NA
Fame:
NA

Overview:

General comments. Oh, I really enjoyed this thread. I love the interaction between the two of you and I hope to see more of it. Your characters are very very different and somehow you seemed to reach a shared understanding in that difference. What a great introduction thread, a fantastic fun read. Thanks!
Story Lovely. Layered and multi-faceted. I really enjoyed it.
StructureTeddy, there was one rogue bold tag. There, that is the only criticism I can even vaguely level. Awesome stuff, both!

Please remember to mark this thread as "Reviewed" in the request for review thread.
Please record these in the "Skill Point Ledger" you have in your CS.
PM me if you've got any questions at all!
[/googlefont]
"To be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

Return to “Duchies”