• Closed • Of Shadows and Fire

Alys

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.

Moderator: Basilisk

Doran
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: +255
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1
Medal count: 22

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Of Shadows and Fire

Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:01 pm

“Don’t touch the wound!” he warned her sharply as she tried to ease the fabric away from her shoulder. He didn’t even want to think about what her hands might have come in contact with since she had boarded the ship and what she might accidentally be contaminating her wound with now. He had of course cleaned his own hands prior to treating her, as much as he had been able to considering their less than ideal surroundings. He didn’t know why that was the case, at least not yet, but he had found out that clean hands and clean instruments greatly decreased the risk of complications.

She didn’t have to worry about him lewdly staring at her chest like a teenaged boy that had never seen a female body before and couldn’t control himself, although she was certainly quite appealing. He focused on the task at hand, disciplined and professional, as a doctor should be in his opinion. When he finally pulled his gaze away from her wounds, he remarked, “I would suggest that you put on a fresh blouse now. Did you take a second set of clothes with you? If not, you will likely be able to borrow from somebody.” What she was wearing now was certainly not particularly presentable anymore.

He was just about to put the things he had needed to treat her wounds away again, when she asked about assisting her. He stood completely straight and simply looked at her for a moment, considering her question, before he nodded curtly. “I will change your bandages if that is what you wish.” It was a simple enough task that she should be able to manage on her own, but doing it for her would at least give him something to do during the journey besides thinking about the falsity of the Immortals and what would await them at their destination. She was also one of the few perhaps not entirely useless people here apart from Aeon and Yana.

“I know”, he replied as she told him that he was very good. He was not being arrogant, but merely stating a fact instead of pretending to be humble, an attitude that he found nothing but annoying most of the time. There were things that he had yet to learn – he had not mastered his chosen trade yet - but he knew that which he knew well.
word count: 411
Pegasus
Storyteller (TL)
Storyteller (TL)
Race: Prophet
Profession: Desnind's Keeper
Renown: +1000 +
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10
Medal count: 31

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Of Shadows and Fire

Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:14 pm

Doran

Points!:

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/ 5
Structure: 5/ 5
Knowledge:

Detection: Use available light sources to help spot details.
Medicine: Thorough examination involves sufficient light.
Medicine: Calming your patient down with breathing exercises
Medicine: Cleaning abrasions
Tactics: Taking numbers into account when predicting enemy actions
Tactics: Choosing your battle ground.
Deception: Mixing truth and lies
Alys: Met her on the ship to Ne'haer
Alys: Wonders if you've been sent to die
Alys: No one's entertainment.
Alys: A thief and a liar, or a store clerk in a book shop. Or maybe both.

Loot:
NA
Fame:
+1 (protecting Alys), +1 (defending Alys), +1 (treating Alys' wounds)
Devotion:
NA
Magic:
These points may NOT be used for arcana
Alys

Points!:

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/ 5
Structure: 5/ 5
Knowledge:

Meditation: Slow, healing breaths.
Deception: Mixing truth and lies
Doran: Met him on the boat to Ne'haer
Doran: Quite curt
Doran: Professor at Rynmere University
Doran: Used to be a healer.
Doran: Thinks you might be on the ship to Ne'haer as entertainment for the Immortals.
Doran: Tended to your wounds
Doran: Protected you

Loot:
Minor cuts and scrapes, but nothing too serious as long as you keep them clean.
Fame:
NA
Devotion:
NA
Magic:
These points may NOT be used for arcana

Overview:

General comments. I really enjoyed this thread - lots of fun! What an interesting pair, I'd like to see more of their interactions in the future. You both write beautifully and seem to have immediately fallen into a lovely rhythmn with the two of them. Great stuff, really enjoyed it!
Story Story was really good, I enjoyed it a lot.
Structure No worries at all ~ all good!

Please do PM me if you think I've missed anything or you have any questions!
word count: 309
"Red in hoof and claw....."

Return to “Andaris”