We look good in the dark

The capital city of the of Rynmere, here is seated the only King in Idalos.

Moderators: Basilisk, Plague, Pegasus

Elyna
Approved Character
Race: Naerikk
Profession: Official Troublemaker
Renown: +231
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Partner
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:07 pm

30th Ymiden
Elyna knew that she was a cruel mistress, but she couldn’t wait any longer. The night had always fascinated her, made of darker shadows that overlapped. Clouds blocked out any starlight that could have crept through the gap between the curtains. The room basked in warmth and silence, except for the heavy breath of slumber. All too soon, the light would start to creep into the sky and the day would begin. Then there would be no time. Her heart raced, thudding out of sync as she lay, curled up against warmer skin than any human had. There had been a time when she’d been asleep, but thoughts had tiptoed into her dreams and then kicked her into wakefulness.

Now she was panicking. The Skyrider turned in Malcolms arms and pressed kisses to his collarbone and shoulder, “Mal,” she whispered, “Mal…wake up,” it was almost heartless to wake the man from his sleep. As heartless as it was impossible, but the Skyrider was relentless. Also, she could remember the last time she’d woken him in the middle of the night, and that had turned out pretty well. He was a being of the night, with his inky hair and green eyes. A man of devotion and pain, a wolf if she’d ever known one. They were definitely animals of the darkest whisper of obscurity. Elyna knew enough of herself to realize that though shade threatened to eclipse her, she was truly a woman of the day and yet she couldn’t sleep. Not yet. Not when excitement and fear warred within.

A human and biqaj mixture of blood had created a longing for open air and endless skys. It was why, even after Malcolm had closed the window before falling asleep, she had pushed it open the tiniest amount and welcomed the freshness in.

Having little luck in waking him, Elyna traded lips for teeth and bit his shoulder gently, hands smoothing over his side in careful exploration. The scar was healing, but she was damned if she was going to try and hurt him.
Malcolm
Approved Character
Renown: +179
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:23 am

Stress had a strange effect on most mortals, some ate more than usual, others became high-strung and unreasonable, but for most, it was sleep that evaded them. Malcolm though, had never had this problem, not when there was a warm, safe bed to sleep in, a meal in his belly, and a roof over his head. That night they had retired to the bedroom early and talked for a while before Malcolm had drifted off, one arm bent above his head on the pillow while the other had remained trapped under Elyna.
Subconsciously aware of her weight and the subtle movements she made, Malcolm slipped from the realm of dreams into a slightly more conscious state. He felt heavy and clammy with sweat, which wasn't uncommon during the hot cycle, especially in the south of Rynmere where the temperatures got a lot warmer than they did in the north, even during the night.
He bent a knee to let some air get in under the covers and mumbled something inaudible before he closed his hand against Elyna's backside to pinch her playfully, his silent protest for being woken up so early, assured after opening one eye to discover no light behind the curtains, that he still had time to sleep. Malcolm rolled onto his side and crushed the noble woman between his arms, wrestling her half-heartily each time she made a move to nip or kiss at any exposed skin.
"Is the house on fire?" He teased, "are the horses missing?" The knight squinted at the woman in the dark, yawned and got comfortable again, "good, then go back to sleep."
Elyna
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Partner
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:41 am

“And how much good would you be, Ser Malcolm, if the house was on fire or the horses were escaped?” She ran her nose along his cheek, “I think it would be just as hard to wake you,” she murmured.

Elyna grinned as the sheets whispered in the darkness, pinned and trapped so that she couldn’t move her arms she took to pressing kisses to Mal’s shoulder, neck and cheek as he tried to fend her off. She waited for moments for his head to clear, but not so long that he could fall asleep. Although, the balance of that calculation was difficult as she was convinced he could fall asleep in a breath.
“Mal…” Her heart jumped uneasily in her chest and she sat up as much as his arms permitted to watch him, “Mal I don’t know what to promise you tomorrow…and Its not going to be to let you sleep,” she warned quickly and reached up an escape hand to push hair gently back from his brow.

“Everything I think of, it traps you…Immortals willing you’ll…you’ll be here for centuries after I’m gone…I cant…” She lowered her eyes, unsure if he was awake or not and wondering if it really mattered. Maybe the Skyrider should have tried to speak to him before, but she’d been trying to stumble through on her own, as she usually did, “I would promise to love you for the whole of my life, and I do. I do promise that. But three hundred years from now? Forty? I don’t want to be a weight on your ankles, you deserve the best that all your arcs can give you, and as many of them as you can see.”

She didn’t want to be Vanessa.
Malcolm
Approved Character
Renown: +179
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Partner
Personal Journal

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:33 pm

Elyna's first question was answered with a yawn and the man stretched before trying to get comfortable again, the woman wasn't wrong, when he was like this, falling asleep mid-sentence wasn't unusual. Still, he smiled, something she had said slipped past his sleep dulled defences, and it had amused him, subsequently drawing him out of his sleepy daze.
Malcolm opened one eye to look at Elyna, why was she so fond of these midnight confessions? He listened to what she had to say and touched the edge of her face before his eyes fell closed again, and blindly her tucked her hair back behind her left ear. In all honestly, the knight wasn't sure what he wanted to ask of the woman either, but was sure it would come to him when the time called.
"Something that comes to you as naturally as breathing," he told her, his voice low. "Then you don't have to think about it, or lose sleep over it," the man offered a lazy half-smile and yawned again. "Like...," he seemed to be thinking for a while, though soon enough the woman would realise he had nodded off again.
A light nudge brought him back and Malcolm opened his eyes in the dark to stare at his lover. "Ask that I...," he smiled at a strange thought that touch his semi-conscious state of mind and pushed it aside. "Ask me to trust you or keep you on your toes," he chuckled darkly and pulled the covers up.
Elyna
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Partner
Letters

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:08 pm

Whilst she was grateful that he tried to answer her question, and relieved that he didn’t get mad because she’d woken him up; she didn’t have what she needed. She huffed, hair blowing out of her eyes. Nudging the Mortalborn’s neck with her nose she pressed kisses to the over-warm skin. Maybe that was the downside to a half-Akuri, the heat that emanated even in summer. But, she reasoned, she would be grateful for his warmth come winter…and he would be back. He had said he would be back before Cylus. Elyna swallowed the rising worry in the pit of her stomach. She had to believe him, and had no reason to doubt that he was telling the truth. Or…what he believed to be true.

Cylus…by then she would have a baby. A quarter Aukari baby? A frown creased her brow and she shook Malcolms shoulder. Would the baby be warmer too? How would she know what was right, or if it was sick with a fever?

“Trust me to what?” she breathed against his ear and nibbled the lobe, “I’m sure I can keep you on your toes…” they were light hearted words, but her heart was racing her breath came in uneasy gasps as she lay on her front. So many questions and unknowns, so little time to talk all these things through and have answers. But they were questions she hated to ask, because each one led to a dozen more and they all stacked up and highlighted the fact that she would be alone. Asking risked layering guilt on Malcolm, and if he was distracted then it lessened the chance that he would come home. But if she didn’t ask, she wouldn’t know…round and round the circle went and left her feeling as though she was running a marathon.

So she held the queries in. Until they burst out, uninvited and at the worst possible time. Fingers trembled as they moved over his shoulder and down his arm.

“I-I’ll think of something…” she bowed her head against his side and curled up in his arms once more, “can you…will you write to me with some names maybe…before Vhalar,” another line of questions and she doubted he’d hear her. He was probably already asleep.
Rumour
Developer - Staff
Developer - Staff
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Staff

Events

Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:28 am

Rumour's Review

Elyna

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 4/5

Knowledge

General Knowledge:
N/A
Specialized Knowledge:
N/A

Fame

N/A

Loot & Consequences

N/A

Comments

This was a lovely, short thread that gave us a nice peek into Mal & Elyna's private life. I think you both did a good job characterizing your PCs while keeping the reader engaged. I really enjoyed Elyna's inner dialogue and thought processes. Poor girl - she's trying so hard to get some real talk in, and Mal can't be bothered to keep his eyes open. :P

No knowledge to award due to the nature of the thread, but if you think there's something I missed then please let me know. I docked one point for punctuation. I noticed a tendency to use commas instead of periods, so I would encourage you to keep an eye on this when editing.

Otherwise, well done! I look forward to your next thread together.

Malcolm

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 3/5
Structure: 4/5

Knowledge

General Knowledge:
N/A
Specialized Knowledge:
N/A[/list]

Fame

N/A

Loot & Consequences

N/A

Comments

This was a lovely, short thread that gave us a nice peek into Mal & Elyna's private life. I think you both did a good job characterizing your PCs while keeping the reader engaged. Mal is such a stoic character in comparison to Elyna, and this becomes especially clear when you write together. I particularly enjoyed your realism (him waking up hot & sweaty under the blankets, falling asleep mid-conversation, etc).

No knowledge to award due to the nature of the thread, but if you think there's something I missed then please let me know. I docked one point for punctuation. I noticed a tendency to use commas instead of periods, so I would encourage you to keep an eye on this when editing.

Otherwise, well done! I look forward to your next thread together.

If you feel I've missed anything or if you have questions about your review, please don't hesitate to send me a quick PM. Thank you!

xoxo

"There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."
Office | Rharne | Rharne Lore | Lightning Knights | Thunder Priestesses | Merchants Guild

Return to “Andaris”