In the Dark of the Night

Vega

Here are all threads from before the Fall of Emea in 719 and all threads pertaining to the Fall. As of Ymiden 719 (1st June 2019), this forum is locked for new threads and is a repository for old content.

Moderator: Pegasus

Doran
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: +255
Character Sheet
Secrets
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1
Medal count: 22

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

In the Dark of the Night

Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:03 pm

“Ships?“ the Mortalborn repeated, slightly confused. “I was on a ship once.” His voice trailed off. The ship in question had sailed from Andaris to Ne’haer, but they were nowhere near Ne’haer, and he had been alone during that journey. Besides, she had said ‘ships’ and not ‘ship’. She made it sound as if she had spent most of her life at sea, but that couldn’t be true. His gaze shifted towards the door. Was there somebody besides them in the building, a mage that was manipulating their minds and slowly tearing their reality apart?

She spoke further of the ominous Arlo and an event called the Dawn Ball, of creatures he had never heard of in all the four centuries that he had been alive and saving a little girl. He was about to jump up, take her into his arms and run before they, whoever they were, that person that were inside her head, could cause any more harm. Her next words made him pause though. “If you care about this Arlo so much, I will meet with him”, he told her. “But if I say that he is not trustworthy, you will never talk to him again, and we will certainly not travel with him. Do you understand me?”

He had refrained from using his powers for a while, out of fear that it would affect his physical or mental health negatively, but this, he decided, was one of the cases were it would be necessary. Perhaps this Arlo had something to do with his daughter’s strange behaviour. He needed to find out more about the man. He opened his mouth to say something, to ask her where he lived when she suddenly ran to him. The gesture surprised him, but then he turned to embrace her. Her hand slipped right through his though, as if she – or perhaps he – wasn’t quite real. It was as if his entire world were slowly unravelling.

“I’m here”, he assured her and tried to reach out to her again, stubbornly, even though he knew that it wouldn’t work because the world was falling apart. She looked so scared that it broke his heart. “I’m here”, he repeated and pushed the chair that was in his way aside so that he could get closer to her, but even as he did so, she continued to move away from him. “I won’t let them take you from me!” He would stop what was happening to her, no matter what it would take. He would find her, even if it cost him his own life. She was the only one that he cared about and the reason he kept on fighting.

“I will come for you!” he called out to her before she disappeared. “I will save you, do you hear me?”

<><><>

His heart was beating furiously as he awoke, and he could barely breathe. The darkness that had been so comforting before, seemed suffocating now, and he felt empty inside. He instinctivily extended a hand, expecting to find a little girl sleeping next to him, but of course she wasn’t there. He was alone, in his home in Andaris, as alone as he had always been.

From a logical point of view he knew that she had been a product of his dreams that sometimes took strange turns, but a part of him couldn’t help but wonder if perhaps there was a girl with hair like fire somewhere nevertheless, a daughter that he had never met.
word count: 602
Instinct
Prophet of Old
Race: Mer
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

In the Dark of the Night

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:50 am

That was fun, enjoy the rewards.

Doran

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5

Knowledge:
Arlo: A threat?
Vega: Was in your dream
Vega: Good and pure
Vega: Trusts you
Vega: Wants to play the harp
Vega: Lonely
Vega: (Dream) You will save her
Vega: (Dream) Bad at running
Vega: (Dream) Brave, just like her mother
Vega: (Dream) Slows you down
Vega: (Dream) Your daughter
Vega: (Dream) Has a brother named Arlo?

Loot: None
Injuries: None
Fame: None
Devotion: None
Magic: None

Comment:
Very well written! I particularly liked how Doran's dream might have possibly reflected how he feels subconsciously? Always on the run and stuff, from the fort to the market place! Also, I didn't know that Doran had a sweet side? I'll keep an eye out for your threads in the future. :)

Vega

Story: 5/5
Collaboration: 5/5
Structure: 5/5

Knowledge:
Doran: Was in your dream
Doran: Doesn't like foolish
Doran: Doesn't run
Doran: Stabbed Xiur
Doran: Trusts you
Doran: Doesn't trust Arlo
Doran: (Dream) Wants to go to Etzos
Doran: (Dream) Papa
Doran: (Dream) Stabbed Xiur for you

Loot: None
Injuries: None
Fame: None
Devotion: None
Magic: None

Comment:
Hooray! Another Vega thread :D A good read just like last time. I liked how you had bits of reality seep into Emea and the vividness of switching between locations was a very nice touch! Thank you for the pleasant read, Enjoy the rewards!
word count: 253

Return to “The Fall & Before”