The Widow and the Viper (Dosan)

Known colloquially as the "Realm of Dreams", Emea is a mysterious place accessed primarily beyond the realm of consciousness as the mortal body sleeps in Idalos. The mind travels far at night and Emea's not without its unique risks and dangers, though Jesine's vigilance keeps mortals mostly safe.

Moderators: Pegasus, Munchkin

Aella
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Assassin
Renown: 0
Character Sheet
Secrets
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

The Widow and the Viper (Dosan)

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:59 pm

83rd Zi'da, 718

Cold winds ran through the air that night, bitter winds that tormented and frustrated any that they met. It wasn't the worst it had been for the Webspinner, not by a long shot. Working in Saun had been more chaotic than ever for her. Attempting to kill a man in constant daylight with unbearable heat was impractical. Aella quickly figured out that contracts in Saun weren't worth taking, especially when the heat could kill any that were unprepared for it. Maybe she would be lucky and her target would die, or perhaps she would wait through the Season before dealing with the threat in a much more pleasant condition. Working as a killer like her was hard enough as it was without obstacles like constant daylight and unbearable heat.

Aella glanced down from her tree in to the manor windows and doors. Guards littered the doorways, but none kept a real eye on the skylight. Why would they, what could possible find it's way in to the skylight but a stray bird or a bat? Nothing that couldn't be removed easily enough at least. Or so they thought. Evidently the only kind of people that tried to kill a rich man like John the Wealthy ended up being low paid assassins with near to no talent for the art. Unfortunately, none of them had ever met Aella, perhaps one of the few people that could take advantage of a skylight with more than just a ranged weapon. That was her plan at the very least.

Immediately the assassin ran forward along the tree, black cloak covering the majority of her features. As she got to the end of the branch she jumped forward and gripped the edge of the roof, body slamming against the heavy stone wall with a lot of force and a small gasp as some of the wind was knocked out of her. With rapid movements she pulled herself up and on to the roof, gripping firmly as best she could. All of her strength was used to pull herself up on top and slowly scale until she made her way off the slanted roof tiles, arriving instead at the flat and the one way in to the skylight. Everything was in order.

Aside from the other person on top of the roof.

It wasn't likely to be a guard. Not as far as she knew at least. Yet in a moment of caution the girl paused, analysing the man slowly. There was nothing about him that led her to believe he was working for her target, but that was the perfect kind of guard to have. One that watched from above with the skills of an assassin, waiting and ready for any that would try and kill their boss. If they were more skilled than their opponent they would survive and even if they came close to death, chances were they could alert the other guards and tip the scales in their favour. But the man didn't seem like the kind. Something about him came off as friendly to her, as if there was a level of trust to be gained between them.

Slowly, the girl let her tension fade. "I'm guessing you're not another one of the generic guards?" she asked quietly to avoid any attention from the men and women below.
word count: 577
Dosan
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Spy, Assassin
Renown: +75
Character Sheet
Secrets
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 2

Re: The Widow and the Viper (Dosan)

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:06 am

蛇 83rd Zi'da, 718 蛇
蛇 Mood: Cautious
蛇 Current Thought: Who are you?
蛇 Current Theme: Yinyang

蛇 The viper slithered his way to his prey, leaping rooftop to rooftop. He wasn't all too sure what to expect from a job like this, be he was aware it would help boost his reputation, well that of the scarlet beast at least.

If he could kill this mark, it would help spread that name, that fear into the hearts of others. From what he understood, this John the Wealthy, was funding heretics of the foreign gods and it was something he could not allow, nor did he think He Who Bleeds would allow either. It was on that principle alone that Dosan was here in the first place.

He was better now, sticking to the shadows of that the high roofs gave him, keeping his footsteps light and as noiseless as possible. As he got closer he could see an opening to the target, and he knew that if he was going to have any chance at infiltrating this place, that was the best bet.

Once on the rooftop, he ducked and rolled so he was able to catch himself. Standing there, admits the moonlight, cascading over him to silhouette his figure, he began carving the Mark of Prowess into his hand.

As the blade dug through his flesh, the viper hissed faint words into the air.

"My enemies lie at the gates.
Chomping at the bit like beasts.
Yet even with all of their hate.
I do not fear in the least.
Though vine and claw and fang.
May make a noose for me.
I shall gladly hang.
And give my life to thee."

It was at the tail end of that litany, that he felt a presence approach, and turning slightly he could see them. The voice, from what he could tell, was feminine, and she seemed to be inquiring something.

With his Dao blade in hand, the length of the blade running along his arm, he peered closer to get a better view of the woman.
"Me generic, as if. Im just a lowely shadow here to spill a heretic's blood. The better question here is, just who might you be?"

"Speech"

Mark of Prowess
A slash in the shape of a cosmic star identifies the Mark of Prowess.

Believed to be a fleshy sigil which allows the Wounded God to funnel power into the person who possesses it, the Mark of Prowess supposedly grants a greater degree of skill and ability to its user. Typically, this increase in skill exerts itself in a martial competence, though it may also apply to less violent works such as artistic pursuits or craftsmanship.
word count: 485
㊮ "I'm nothing more than a snake. With cold skin and no emotions, as I slither around searching for prey with my tongue, swallowing down whoever & whatever looks tasty." ㊮

Return to “Emea”