Swimming in the Stars

Known colloquially as the "Realm of Dreams", Emea is a mysterious place accessed primarily beyond the realm of consciousness as the mortal body sleeps in Idalos. The mind travels far at night and Emea's not without its unique risks and dangers, though Jesine's vigilance keeps mortals mostly safe.

Moderators: Anomaly, Rumour

Jonathan Burr
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Academic
Renown: +45
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Player Review
Templates

Contribution

RP Medals

Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:56 pm

Jon sighed. "It's not excusable. But it's understandable, and they're not the same thing." he told her. "Ignorance was what ruled here. You spoke to this mage like a man, not like a Harvester. If he grew up around Harvesters, understood Harvesters, he would have heeded your warning just as little as a Harvester might have. You didn't communicate correctly. You were speaking the same tongue, but not the same language. You might have been speaking mage to mage...but not in a dialect he understood." Jon watched the judge, shaking his head and pointing at the whip. "See there? Attacking something scary doing you no harm. It wasn't he who made the first aggressive move. It was you and your people. You attacked the thing most precious to him, and Volker believed him dead. No wonder he snapped. And even then...all that was communicated...was an escape."

Jon was angry. He understood Oor's anger. Sephira treated the spark like a burden. A struggle. Something to fight and control. He didn't know what had driven Oor and Volker to drift along so aimlessly, but it was probably due to the chaos of his own spark. Volker had no guidance. Nothing but his Harvester. The judge had been ignorant and too quick to violence, in Jon's opinion. She had destroyed a research subject most men like himself would have killed to study, and she did it because she simply hadn't spoken the same language...and had attempted to kill the only translator. "I'll do it." Jon told the Harvester. "I'll kill her for you. She had no right to kill him. Not then, not in such a cruel way. Not when he might have been helped. You did him a disservice being so selfish, but I think you understand what you did to him now. Humans aren't Harvesters. We can't exist alone. I'll put your soul to rest, and his. If possible, I'll try and find out where he was buried so you can mourn properly."

'Humans only bury things they care about. No one cared for him. I'd expect he was thrown on the nearest refuse pile, with as much disrespect as is possible. Don't bother. His spirit is gone, the body is only a vessel. Only humans get attached to such things. Besides, he would have balked at the waste of a burial.'
Oor told him.

Jon walked up to the judge as she was speaking. He would try and remember her face, remember her voice. One didn't remember much from dreams, only little snatches...but he had to absorb as much as possible. He tried memorizing marks about her; her face, her voice, the way she moved when she spoke. She was a Mer, chances were she'd be in an area of Scalvoris under the water. That would make her difficult to get to. If he had to lure her out, it had to be somewhere she regularly visited. His mind began formulating a plan. He'd destroy her.

Oor eyed Sephira. 'As for Peaches, I always liked her, and I always will. If I get another mage, I'll pay her a visit. Hopefully she's well. Girl needs to learn how to defend herself, but she's got the right idea when it comes to Aberrants. She had one in her home, in the middle of a kill, and she managed to keep herself breathing. Might want to ask her sometime how she accomplished that.' he said. 'Makes me want to get another mage just so I can watch the show when that one comes into town after the judge.' The Harvester chuckled.

"Talkin"
Sephira
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Flame Element
Renown: +230
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:21 pm

Sephira frowned, tilting her head slightly as Jon spoke, her eyes narrowing as he continued to defend Volker’s actions.
“Doing no harm?!”she exclaimed breathlessly. “His Frequency was steeped in hundreds if not thousands of deaths wrought by his own two hands. Though I may have pitied the man, he was a danger to society; a society of which I am charged to protect.” The Rupturer’s eyes glowed faintly with her witchmark as she teased the surrounding ether with her touch.

“He was given more of a chance likely than any mage before him.” She stated flatly, looking very unamused by Jon’s defense of the Aberrant. It was true, honestly the Element herself had not expected the leniency that Volker had been given. The Elements had been willing to give aid to a man that sorely needed it, but instead he had lost control. Perhaps that was the military’s fault in not fully understanding him, but he made the choice regardless.

“It is a rare thing for the Sparkless the take pity on us Jon, and for a brief moment in time, they had pity, even for him.” She whispered, nodding her head subtly toward the phantasmal witness stand where Volker was now being shackled with the Paradigm cuffs.

“I’d take that as progress. It may not be what you believe he deserved, but it was far more than I ever expected. We live in their world, we can either choose to be a part of it or cut ourselves off entirely.”

Her voice softened briefly as she looked on as the scene continued to play out. Volker went mad and began going out of control.

“I hope to one day see a world where mages and live freely and openly alongside everyone else. But that will take a great deal of time and effort on both sides. We are dangerous; mages all over the world roam about with very little in the way of an education or training in their craft. I hope to see that changed in Scalvoris and by my hand if necessary. But let me make one thing clear.”

Sephira’s voice took on a dangerous quality, she turned toward Jon with her blade gleaming darkly in her clenched fist when he agreed to take on Oor’s quest for vengeance.

“If you come to Scalvoris looking to take lives, then know that I won’t hesitate to stop you.” Her message sent, Sephira released her hold on her magic and allowed the threat to die down in her eyes. She turned to face Oor.

“Amaris is well , last I saw, If I can remember this then I will let her know that I spoke with you. That much I can do. I’m glad to have seen you again no matter any hatred you feel for me. You have my sympathy and my condolences Oor.” There was no animosity there and she spoke to the spirit as if he were a human and an equal. She understood the need for revenge probably better than he or Jon realized. To this trial Sephira still hunted for her mentor’s killer and would not hold back when she finally found them.

The fog began to move in, weaving itself between Sephira and Jon, separating them somewhat as if their brief moment of contact with her dream was wavering.

“Goodbye Jon, I hope that if we meet again that it is on far better terms.” She looked past him distantly. “But I fear that shall not be the case.”

If he came to Scalvoris intent on killing then she would be there to stand in his way, just as she had been with Volker. No matter his idealistic view of Aberrants, Sephira would always protect the people of her home first, even if it was from fellow mages.
Off Topic
Feel free to end it here or do a wrap up post. I'm good with either. When you are ready I can post the request for experience.

Dialogue|Thoughts
Oberan
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Part-time God
Renown: -63
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates

Contribution

Miscellaneous

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:14 pm

Review Rewards

Scarlet Witch

Points awarded: 15

Knowledge: ///

Magic: No magic exp

Other: N/A

Those lips creep me out man

Points awarded: 15

Knowledge: ///

Magic: No magic exp

Other: N/A

Notes:
Whew, a very nice dream thread this was. I do love me some emotional consequences, as well as debate between PCs. Even though I have not read anything of relevance that came before this one, I did understand well enough what was going on and why both PCs were saying what they were. Great job!

(Though it must be said I am terribly confused because I thought Jon's harvester was Hob?)

Your review request is here.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns in regards to this review, feel free to PM.
Just because I shouldn't doesn't mean I won't.

"Speaking"| If it's a sentence, then it's a thought|"Others speaking"
Mortalborn Abilities | Die Roller

Return to “Emea”