• Information • [Viden] OOC Announcements

Check back for any important OOC announcement about Viden.

Old calendars, sign ups etc. OOC threads which are no longer used.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Prophet
Profession: Storyteller
Renown: 394
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

[Viden] OOC Announcements

The More You Know
In here the Prophets of Viden and Northern Idalos will post any important announcements. These announcements will take two forms:
  • -Either they will share news about Viden which is In Character... sometimes your PC will not know about these events, but the announcement will be clear on what is public knowledge and what isn't.
    -Or the post will be relating to Out Of Character information, such as the appointment of a new staff member to the city, or a rant about rules which aren't being obeyed.
Please pay attention to this thread and if you see a new post, please read it carefully, as the information will almost always affect your RP within this city.
Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Peer Reviewing
As many of you are aware, there are new changes coming into play about the way we Peer Review your writing. I made the decision when I got back into the swing of things to leave all of the current requests until we are completely go (which could be now?)

I apologise for the delay in this and I will endeavour to have all thread in Northern Idalos reviewed as soon as possible.

For those of you not aware of the changes, please see the Announcement about this update to the system. The staff team believes that this change will bring out the best in our writers, and we hope you feel the same way. Should you have any questions, concerns or comments, please direct them to the Q & A Thread relating to this change.

For now, happy writing!
word count: 140
Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

City Design Overhaul
So.. this affects like.. maybe 1 player? Haha! But I thought I'd post here anyway as it might spark a little interest in the city.

A very good friend of mine told me recently that the reason he didn't want to bring a character to Viden was (and I quote): "Cooooold. Soooo coooold".

..he's right. It is very cold. And I can see the complete lack of appeal in having a character in some frozen wasteland, never looking pretty in that nice dress, as it's always covered up in furs! Now... I can't do much about the general cold. I decided to put Viden here for no reason in particular other than I thought it would be pretty. So Viden's pretty much stuck now. However I can do something that will help people avoid the pesky cold.

As the moment, Viden has no map, so this is very doable! It also affects nothing outside of the city. The downside is that I am going to have to go through all the lore and all the locations to make sure everything is up to scratch. And even if it doesn't get me more players, at least it will be fun andI will be kept busy... and it will make the city more believable!

Watch this space, folks.

As always, happy writing!
word count: 229
Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

New City Map!
Howdy folks! As part of my efforts to revamp the city (and give it a mahoosive overhaul), I have finally gotten around to adding a map to the City Map and Locations Thread! The map, I hope, makes a clear distinction between the three sections of the city:
  • The Cliffs - which make up approximately 30% of Viden
  • The Fortress - which comprises approximately 60% of Viden
  • Individual buildings - which is the final 10% of the building.
The Cliffs are obviously layers. The Fortress, though you cannot really see it all that clearly, is also built up on layers. Please use the lovely pictures found in the Lore to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

Hope you all like the addition!
word count: 125
Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Scalvoris - Viden Link!
Guys! In case you haven't noticed, an incredible amount of collaboration has been occurring between Pegasus and me (gosh isn't she just a whirlwind and a half - I can barely keep up with her amazingness)! And now you all have the chance to bask in her glory too, for we have just set up the most recent in a long line of collaboration pieces! The Expeditions, Exploration & Exchanges Board has just been posted for you all to enjoy!

In this new initiative, we are offering the players of Viden and Scalvoris the chance to... jump between the two locations - as long as they complete the task they are set. The added bonus is that you could find your trip to be "all expenses paid", which means you wouldn't have to pay any expenses, and there is the potential for an added monetary or material bonus upon completion of your expedition!

Best of luck, you might need it!
word count: 163
Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Applying for Employment
Hi all!

This is just an announcement to say that any requests for employment should NOT be going through the Wage Request Thread. There is a completely dedicated Employment Contractor where you should be requesting all jobs In Character (that means a short post with the request form. I will approve current requests (pending minor queries) but in future I will be deleting all requests and asking you to post there.

If any of you would like to re-post your job application then you will become my favourite person ever.
word count: 93
Whisper
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Plot Notes
Office
Partner
Personal Journal
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Staff

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: [Viden] OOC Announcements

City Overhaul (Attempt Two!)
Greetings Folks!

I have spent a bit of time updating and making sense of Viden Aristocracy, take a look if you wish!

This is one of the first steps of the new overhaul of the City (it's been a while and my lovely co-mod Banshee has been noticing a couple of things that can be improved upon!) So it will be a long process for us both to do, but we are sure it will definitely be worth it in the end :) But this is where we need your help too! We need to know what makes sense and what doesn't! To me, it all makes perfect sense! But a fresh pair of eyes often feels differently - which is where Banshee comes in with his "What, no, Whisp.." and we need you to do the same (I don't always believe him!)

So get in contact (somehow)! Anything you think needs to be changed, or switched around, or restructured, or linked in a certain way, we want to hear about it!
word count: 178
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Out in the Cold Archives”