• Mature • Fate or Choice

Doran, please.

Stronghold of education and learning, this fortress is in one of the coldest areas of Idalos and home to many knowledge seekers in a variety of disciplines. However, unknown to most, below the city are those who suffer for the sake of science. While all are welcome, not everyone will be treated as they expect

Moderator: Tempest

Llyr Llywelyn
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: +650
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Fate or Choice

Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:49 am

Mood Music
Continued from here
Early Afternoon
35th of Vhalar, Arc 719

“Fates, Doran. That was…” Llyr reached over and grabbed his messenger bag. He slid it against the floor to where he laid beside the human mortalborn. Only wearing his undershorts, though he'd just pulled them back on, the young mage's mutations were fully displayed: his crystalline legs, his gossamer wings, the iridescent tattoos along his slim waist, the halo above his blond head, the inky black tattoo on his back, and the new bright ethereal cracks in every one of his fingertips that perpetually glowed with moving white-iridescent light.

He searched through his bag while he tried to decide on a word to describe how he felt. But how could he describe just how marvelous his reunion with Doran had been? Hardly ten trials since they'd seen each other last, and he hadn't thought much of it… until he saw his initiate again.

In that moment, when he'd crossed from Emea into the proper world and Doran had smiled at him; those ten trials had suddenly felt like they’d been arcs separated from one another. After they’d finally undressed each other? ...it felt like decades. Llyr hadn’t realized until that very moment, the immense depth in which he had missed Doran.

Yet that suggested other things… how attached had he gotten to Doran? If he could feel such elation by being in his company again?

He assumed Doran didn't feel the same way because the other man had lived for centuries. Certainly the alchemist had a better grasp on the awareness of time than someone like Llyr, who was only just nearing his second decade of life. It was for this reason that Llyr focused on not getting too carried away by his feelings, to not entirely share what was on his mind, and to downplay just how amazing he felt when he spent time with his initiate.

Still he had seen the new mutations on his lover's hands. He knew the red markings were from the spark of Transmutation he'd seeded into Doran's soul. The connection between them, of their ethereal link to each other's souls, it was beyond any of his other initiations so far. Even dreamwalking paled in comparison to the sensation of when he exchanged ether with Doran. He had paid considerable attention to these mutations, to Doran's hands, and to the witchmark on his chest, while they had made love.

Squirreled away in the alchemy professor's office, Llyr might have tried to suppress his feelings... but he couldn't suppress his desire. Not with the Sesser. As he almost always did, he gave in to Syroa's temptations manifested through Doran. In the luxurious private space, he made use of the sophisticated dark wood furniture as different stages for their intimate dances. The desk, especially, had served them well for stability. Though now, there was a mess of papers and books left strewn about the floor next to where they'd finally concluded their cavorting.

Llyr retrieved a silver cigarette tin from his bag. He playfully tapped his foot against Doran's leg, then smiled. The svelte blond lifted and straddled the older man’s hips again. In the past couple of breaks, he had drained his lover of many things, but all in a pleasurable way that left Doran not exhausted… but intensely relaxed.

He leaned down and kissed Doran a few times on the lips before he sat up again. Llyr opened the cigarette tin, plucked a tightly rolled smoke from it, then held the tin to offer Doran: “Want one?”

Llyr got to his feet, once Doran let him, and went to pick up some of the fallen books from the floor. He didn’t light his cigarette, as he wanted to be certain that Doran would be okay if he smoked in the enclosed space, but he did keep it at his lips. If Doran didn’t say anything otherwise about it, he would eventually light the smoke. He set the books in a stack on the table.

The seeming-mutations on his fingertips weren't the only change to him though. While he'd been in Etzos, the young mage had also drank the remainder of his Edasha potions; now his teeth and his physique followed the alluring perfection that the other features of his skin, hair, and voice had.

Quiet momentarily filled the room. A few different thoughts flitted through his mind. He mentioned in a low voice, “So, I’ll be staying in Viden... for a few trials.”

He frowned slightly. His dark brows knitted together in a concerned expression. His eyes lost their iridescent glow, returned to his light blue irises of focus and concentration, a paired color that Doran would have learned by now during his time with the youthful biqaj. Llyr glanced between Doran and the books, then he said, “I’ll have to see where my coursework is at, with Dean Rush. Last we talked, he mentioned an essay or lecture, or something...”
word count: 865

Vhalar

Llyr has a Mortalborn ability:
Accelerate: Llyr has an aura effect within which individuals feel their personal ambitions and pursuits heightened. People will feel driven to act on these aspirations, looking to work toward them within the same trial.

Mutations

• Gossamer wings resembling a cross between the wings of a dragonfly and a flying ant.
  • An iridescent halo that hovers over his head.
  • Crystalline legs from his toes to the mid of his thighs (like stockings made of quartz embedded into his skin).
  • An ever-moving inky tattoo, with Rorschach-like designs, on his back.
  • When an emotion dominates, the pigment expands past his irises to the entire eye - faintly glowing in that emotion's color as seen here.

Visuals

When in a totem's body, Llyr's mutations persist.
As of 20 Vhalar, Llyr has Perfection in a Bottle active which means Perfect Hair, Skin, and Voice that creates such brilliant radiance that others feel natural attraction to them.
Doran
Approved Character
Profession: Alchemist
Renown: +376
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10
Medal count: 22

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Re: Fate or Choice

Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:50 pm

“… remarkable? Amazing? Marvellous? Extraordinary? Incredible?“ Doran tried to finish Llyr’s sentence and looked at him, his head propped with a hand while he was lying next to next to him. A small frown creased his forehead for a moment as he tried to come up an adjective that aptly described how the etherist made him feel, first in Common and then in Rakahi, only to inevitably fail. No language, at least no language that he knew, did things justice.

When Llyr had first entered his dream at the beginning of the season he hadn’t been sure if he could trust him – he hadn’t even been sure if he liked him – but he had rapidly gotten attached to him, in a way that transcended mere physical attraction. He had thought that he had already known almost everything, but Llyr had shown an entire new world to him. He had been blind and deaf before, but Llyr had made him hear and see, and he had made him want to feel again and never turn his feelings off again.

While Llyr searched through his bag, looking for only the Fates knew what, the Mortalborn simply watched him. The etherist was even more handsome than he had been – or maybe his mind was playing tricks on him, due to how long they had been apart. He remembered the promise they had made to each other during their first night together again, to not fall in love or even entertain the notion, in order to avoid heartbreak.

Llyr was, as far as he knew, a mortal. He would grow old and die, but a couple of decades were better than nothing, better than the alternative, better than a life that was filled with hopelessness, better than emptiness. For all that he knew, Llyr might not feel the same way though. He had made that suggestion after all, that they keep things simple. He felt the need to say something though.

“You have no idea how much I’ve missed you. I hadn’t thought that I could miss anyone like that. I couldn’t stop thinking about you”, he murmured and shook his head. “I know that you were only gone for a few trials, but it felt like an eternity. And when I suddenly saw you in my classroom, so close and yet so far away … it was almost impossible to bear …”

He broke off abruptly when Llyr straddled his hips and put his arms around him in order to return his kisses before he finally sat up as well and took a cigarette from Llyr’s tin, inclining his head in order to thank him as he did so. He kissed Llyr one last time before he finally let go of him. A moment later, he got to his feet as well in order to help the etherist clean up the mess they had made of the office. Even though they’d spent breaks together, he was not tired, but relaxed and comfortable instead. Llyr made him feel like that, calm, comfortable and relaxed and more at ease than he had been in a long time.

Most of the Mortalborn’s clothes were still lying on the floor or draped across the back of the chair where he usually sat, working on his research or grading essays, so that his mutations and Syroa’s mark were visible. Llyr was the only one who had seen all of them.

Quiet filled the room for a moment, but he didn’t mind. It gave him time to collect his thoughts. When Llyr lit his cigarette, he held his own cigarette towards him so that he would do the same for him before he asked, “You’ll stay with me as long as you are here, won’t you? Will you be going to Etzos again?” he added, figuring that was most likely where Llyr had been those past couple of trials. He remembered that Llyr had told him that he had business to take care of in Etzos, and that there were children that he had to take care of, children that were not his own.

“So, you’ll be teaching a class?” he asked and raised an eyebrow as Llyr mentioned a lecture. “If there’s anything you need help with, let me know”, he offered – he had quite a bit of more experience than Llyr when it came to teaching, after all. “I’ve begun to work on my thesis, on a new branch of alchemy that I invented – I can show you, if you want. I met with Ocraloch while you were gone. I need a Licentiate if I want to succeed the current Dean”, he murmured. His research had distracted him from the fact that Llyr had been gone – but only for a while before he’d inevitably begun to miss him again.
word count: 824

Items

Ring of Reversal: Doran owns a Ring of Reversal. He's always wearing it, unless stated otherwise.

Sesser

Ever Alluring I: The bearer has an enhanced constitution, staying strong and healthy in conditions where others would wilt and fall ill. Scars never remain, disease rarely seems to visibly touch the bearer, and he/she recovers from injuries much faster than the average member of their race. The bearer seems to age more slowly, though the effect is superficial rather than biological. In addition, everyone encountered is subconsciously attracted to the bearer, even those of incompatible sexual orientation. Those of alternate tastes may not feel compelled to flirt or pursue the marked, but the spark of incomprehensible arousal, however slight, is there all the same.
Llyr Llywelyn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:42 am

Remarkable? Amazing? Marvelous? Extraordinary? Incredible?

The various suggestions caused Llyr to laugh. It was genuine, pure laughter. He rolled his eyes and focused on getting his bag so he could retrieve his smokes. Llyr said, while still laughing, “Yes, yes! All of that, and more.”

He felt the other man watching him, so he made a little bit of a show while rummaging in his bag. Llyr swayed his hips. He winked at Doran. Then he found what he was looking for and held up the silver cigarette tin with a cheerful smile.

When the older man started talking again, started to say things that resonated with what Llyr felt and yet… his smile gradually faded. He swiftly straddled Doran, then moved down to kiss him instead of talking about it.

Doran felt the same way? Their feelings about each other were mutual? His pulse picked up again, almost racing as fast as it had during their frolic with one another. He felt dizzy, and nauseous.

After their kisses broke that direction of conversation, he offered a cigarette and smiled again when one was accepted. He cleaned up a little first, then drew a match against the side of the tin. It flared hot with flame, he slowly breathed in to start the embers, then quickly lit Doran’s cigarette as well.

He drew in a full breath of tobacco smoke, then picked up some fallen books. Eventually, as he set the books down, he made mention that he’d be staying in Viden for a few trials. Doran’s questions - about whether he'd be staying in the professor's Obsidian Prism suite, and if he'd be returning to Etzos again - caused him to turn away from the man, so that he might hide his expression from view. He tried to keep as calm and neutral as possible, but he couldn’t help the slightest of grimaces.

Llyr shrugged. He took another drag of the cigarette, then mentioned his coursework instead. The biqaj slowly nodded and returned his gaze to the older man when Doran offered to help with the possibility that Llyr might be teaching. He smiled slightly at that, a feeling of appreciation at how willing the alchemist was to lend his aid. Even when busy with his own thesis on a…

“A new branch of alchemy?!” repeated Llyr. His eyes lit up brightly with orange and violet flecked irises. He walked over to be close to Doran again. The blond set a hand gingerly over the witchmark on the man’s chest. “You invented it? You can do that? Invent new… branches?”

“Wait!” He patted his hand against Doran’s chest, interrupting any attempt to answer his questions. “Wait, wait, Doran… Doran! You want to be Dean? Of… of Alchemy or… would it be the institute? You can do that? Do you have to get rid of the current Dean to do so?”

Wherever Llyr got that idea from, he didn’t seem to consider it surprising in the slightest. He looked at Doran with an eager expression of interest. The biqaj listened, and smoked, and leaned against the other man for a moment’s rest against him even while they stood.

Affectionately resting against Doran, Llyr gestured out with his hand. The smoldering cigarette balanced between his long index and middle finger. He wasn’t gesturing to anything in particular other than his own thoughts.

“Doran Thetys, Alchemist, Sesser, Dreamlord, Etherist, Son of Ziell, Warrior and Slayer of Tanner Mantises, and Dean of Academy of Viden’s Institute of…” he lifted his head to make eye contact with the man and concluded happily, “Sciences!”

“How wonderful, Doran. Is there anything I could do to help you?” he offered. He coyly smiled, glanced to the door in a conspiratorial attitude, then leaned closer and whispered, “If you need the position opened up, I know a guy. Proper Etzori fellow, clean and neat.”
word count: 665

Vhalar

Accelerate: Llyr has an aura effect within which individuals feel their personal ambitions and pursuits heightened. People will feel driven to act on these aspirations, looking to work toward them within the same trial.

Mutations

• Gossamer wings resembling a cross between the wings of a dragonfly and a flying ant.
  • Crystalline legs from his toes to the mid of his thighs (like stockings made of quartz embedded into his skin).
  • When an emotion dominates, the pigment expands past his irises to the entire eye - faintly glowing in that emotion's color as seen here.

Visuals

As of 20 Vhalar, Llyr has Perfection in a Bottle active which means Perfect Hair, Skin, and Voice that creates such brilliant radiance that others feel natural attraction to them.
Doran
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:25 pm

Llyr’s smile, Doran noticed, faded as he told him how much he had missed him, much more than he had thought he could ever miss another person. He didn’t wonder about his peculiar reaction longer than a trill or two though as the etherist moved to kiss him again. That was all that he really needed. He would talk about his feelings and think about what they meant some more later on and try to find out if Llyr felt the same, or not, but for the time being he was perfectly content kissing him, loving him and being close to him. He hadn’t been able to do that in a long time.

He took the cigarette and inhaled before he turned to watch the etherist again, furrowing his brow fractionally as he did so. “Llyr?” he asked as the younger man turned away from him. It seemed as if there was something that he didn’t want to talk about, something that made him uncomfortable. He decided to not say more though. If Llyr didn’t talk about it, then he wouldn’t pry. He was much too happy to have been reunited with him. Besides, no matter what Llyr would do in the future, he was here now.

He would focus on that and enjoy that for however long it lasted.

“A new branch of alchemy!” he confirmed, laughing and briefly glanced at the hand that Llyr had placed on his witchmark before he met his gaze again. He had never been worried that the etherist would dislike his new mutations, not in the least, but he still enjoyed it when he touched them. He wanted to say more to him. He was incredibly eager to share his research with him – Llyr and what he had done made him feel like that, so eager and excited – when the other man asked about getting rid of the current Dean.

He laughed before he leaned against Llyr, taking a drag of his cigarette.

“I didn’t know that I had so many titles!” he remarked somewhat amusedly. “I think that I like ‘Dreamlord’ best though. As for your offer …” he continued. He wasn’t shocked or particularly surprised by the fact that Llyr was basically suggesting an assassination, and neither was he put off by it. He had been involved in his share of questionable activities in the past and tried to kill an Immortal, after all, even if he wondered if he should have done it nowadays. He just furrowed his brow thoughtfully for a moment.

“I expect the position to open up automatically before long”, he remarked dryly, smirked a little, and took another drag of his cigarette, still leaning against him. “Trandino is nearing retirement age, and he is far less skilled than I am. He never discovered a new branch of science, and even his accomplishments in the medical field pale in comparison to mine.” He was not bragging, but merely stating facts. He was one of the greatest alchemists and chemists in the entire world of Idalos, and he saw no reason to deny that or downplay it. He preferred to speak the truth instead.

“Your Etzori acquaintance would travel to Viden and do such a thing though?” he asked and raised an eyebrow, lowering his voice slightly and mimicking Llyr's conspiratorial tone. He wasn’t reconsidering – he saw no reason to murder someone or have someone murdered when there was an alternative – but he was interested in hearing more about the man, nevertheless. Unless Llyr hadn’t been serious after all?

“While I don’t need an assassin”, he decided, his eyes twinkling slightly. “There is something that you could do for me. Take a look at my research. I haven’t shared it with anybody apart from my supervisor so far, and even he hasn’t seen everything yet. I want to know what you think”, he admitted. Llyr viewed things differently than most, and there were few people that could think like him. That was another reason why he felt so drawn to him, far more than he should, considering their agreement.
word count: 702

Items

Ring of Reversal: Doran owns a Ring of Reversal. He's always wearing it, unless stated otherwise.

Sesser

Ever Alluring I: The bearer has an enhanced constitution, staying strong and healthy in conditions where others would wilt and fall ill. Scars never remain, disease rarely seems to visibly touch the bearer, and he/she recovers from injuries much faster than the average member of their race. The bearer seems to age more slowly, though the effect is superficial rather than biological. In addition, everyone encountered is subconsciously attracted to the bearer, even those of incompatible sexual orientation. Those of alternate tastes may not feel compelled to flirt or pursue the marked, but the spark of incomprehensible arousal, however slight, is there all the same.
Llyr Llywelyn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:03 pm

Llyr wrapped his arm around Doran’s waist when the alchemist leaned against him. He didn’t mind the cuddles, even if they were both standing, and he rubbed the mid of the other man’s back, where he’d fiercely scratched the Sesser’s skin just a break ago. Llyr enjoyed the happiness that seemed to beam from the other man, the intimate relaxation, the acceptance and… he felt the nausea again. Llyr ignored it, for now.

“Dreamlord Doran,” he mentioned when Doran said he liked that title the best. His hand traced lower, over the other man’s hips and down.

He smiled slightly when he watched Doran consider whether a more manual approach to the Dean’s position being available might be needed. Llyr was more than willing to help in that matter. He could think of a few different routes to do so, and if Doran seemed insulted by his suggestion then he would pass it off as a joke – when it’d been anything but.

Llyr nodded. Doran’s statements about his qualifications struck him as simple fact, though he didn’t know how academic politics worked. Would something like that be what decided a Dean? A few thoughts crossed over his mind, but he focused on smoking, listening, and caressing his lover’s body in their close embrace.

His expression turned playful on his youthful features when Doran mimicked his conspiratorial tone. He quieted a small chuckle, then nodded. When asked about the Etzori acquaintance, Llyr cleared his throat before he answered.

“He would travel anywhere, do almost anything, for me… as I would for him.” Llyr paused for a moment. He looked over Doran, then he decided to share something with the other man, “He’s like you, or... what you were, when we first met in Emea. He’s also one of my initiates. My first initiate. He’s low-born, a peasant, but incredibly clever.”

“He does his job better than anyone I know of,” added Llyr with a small shrug. He stepped away from Doran, disentangling from their cuddles. The blond returned to casually cleaning up what mess remained in the office. He paused, holding onto a paperweight in one hand – cigarette in the other - when Doran mentioned there was something Llyr could do to help.

Llyr smiled, the genuine and enthusiastic smile he gave when he simply couldn’t contain his eagerness – a smile that Doran was starting to become increasingly familiar with – and one that the young mage never thought to hide or realize that when he didn’t give the smile, it suggested that there was something else bothering him that kept it away.

For this though, to look at Doran’s research, the brilliant smile returned.

Llyr’s wings fluttered enough that his feet lifted off the ground. He landed next to Doran again, though he’d only been a few paces away. “Yes. I don’t know how much help I’ll be. You know so much more about alchemy than I ever will. If you think there is something that I might be able to contribute though, of course I will take a look!”

“Did you want to show me right now? If you’d like to, we can go over it this evening too. No one, but you, knows I am back in Viden yet. Everything else can wait until tomorrow morning.” The blond waited to see if Doran wanted to share his research at that very moment, or if the man might want to continue their previous activities some more, or whatever the older man wished to do – he’d follow along for the time being. So, he handed the metaphorical reins over to the mortalborn.
word count: 632

Vhalar

Mutations

Visuals

Doran
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:26 am

“Dreamlord Doran”, the Mortalborn repeated, as if he were trying out how his new title felt and smirked. “I like how that sounds when you say it”, he decided. “I wonder which title I should give you though”, he mused. He liked the way that Llyr caressed him as well, he decided, almost as much as he had liked the activities that they had engaged in but a break earlier. He put an arm around him as well, remaining close as Llyr talked about his Etzori acquaintance. “You have the most interesting initiates”, he remarked. He really meant it, and he didn’t doubt Llyr’s words, that he would do almost anything for the Etzori, and that the Etzori would do almost anything for him.

The brilliant smile had returned, he noticed. He had been waiting for that to happen. It made him wonder if he really should talk to Llyr about the way that he made him feel more, that upholding their agreement was getting harder and harder – he might turn away from him and stop smiling again. Besides, he wasn’t entirely sure how to call those feelings yet, that made him think of more than just the next couple of trials and that had made him miss him so much – was it already love, so soon, so much sooner than he could ever have expected, or was it something that might become love, if he gave it more time? It was more than lust, certainly, more than purely physical attraction.

“If someone that is familiar with alchemy was all that I needed”, he remarked amusedly. “I could have asked any of my students or colleagues to look over my research, and they would likely have done so gladly. I don’t just need an alchemist though, not at this stage of my research. I need someone who isn’t as set in their ways as my colleagues are, someone who is capable of thinking outside the box. I need you, Llyr. You know more about magic and ether than anyone else that I know, besides, I trust you”, he added.

He did so now, as much as he was capable of trusting another person. Llyr knew more about him than anybody else, more than even Sintih who had been something like a son to him. Llyr knew what he was and what he had done, but he had not condemned him because of it, and he hadn’t judged him because he worked with blood either – few alchemists that he knew worked with blood. Instead, he was curious, excited and enthusiastic.

As Llyr remarked that they could go over his research this evening as well and that nobody know that he was back in Viden yet, he smiled again, a smile that was slightly mischievous in nature. He was quite tempted to continue their previous activities. Even though they had made love frequently, he wasn’t tired of it yet, and he doubted that he ever would be.

He turned to the etherist who was standing directly next to him and extended a hand, to reach for him, to touch him and leaned towards him in order to kiss him before he abruptly remembered something – something most inconvenient. They were not in his apartment, but in his office at the Academy, in a public building. There were people in the hallway just outside the door. Someone might eventually decide that they had a question for him. He was surprised that they had had so much time alone. But then again, he could always tell them that he was exceptionally busy and that he didn’t want to be bothered, couldn’t he?

Besides, he didn’t want to leave just yet. In the breaks since their unexpected reunion his office had become a hideaway of sorts. For a while, the world outside had ceased to matter, and he wanted it to stay that way a little longer. “Perhaps, we should take advantage of the fact that nobody knows that you are back yet some more”, he whispered, his smile growing more mischievous – Llyr was one of the few that ever saw that side of him, a side that he hadn’t been aware of until recently. “You haven’t asked what exactly my newest research entails yet though – and why it is so absolutely ground-breaking. Did you know that nobody has ever added anyting new to alchemy, that it’s been the same since it was first discovered?” he asked in an enthusiastic tone that made it obvious that he wasn’t looking for flattery, and that he didn’t want Llyr to stroke his ego because he was such an extraordinary alchemist either.

He just wanted him to ask about his discovery, and he wanted to share it with him.
word count: 814

Items

Sesser

Llyr Llywelyn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:38 am

Another laugh escaped Llyr when Doran wondered what title to give him. He shook his head and replied in a quiet voice, “I don’t need titles, nor names… or perhaps I need so many that they no longer mean anything.” He didn’t linger on this subject and moved on to speak about his Etzori acquaintance instead.

When Doran brought up his research, his entirely new branch of alchemy, Llyr’s enthusiasm grew. He found himself eager to help the other man, however he could. Something about the idea of Doran discovering, of successfully acquiring the position of Dean, it felt as if it would be his own accomplishment… or… more than that, even. Llyr didn’t bother to try and identify it for the moment. He could contemplate the sensation later, on his own.

For now, he placed his entire attention on his initiate. He caressed over Doran’s chest. His eyes lit up in warm violets while he listened.

“…I need someone who isn’t as set in their ways as my colleagues are, someone who is capable of thinking outside the box. I need you, Llyr. You know more about magic and ether than anyone else that I know, besides, I trust you.”

“…Doran,” said Llyr in a quiet breathy voice. He rolled his eyes, but it was obvious that it wasn’t from sarcasm but from a bout of bashfulness. His hand lightly slapped against Doran’s witchmark. It seemed as if he would move away then, but instead he moved closer to the other man. He kissed Doran’s neck, then his cheek, then his lips. “Didn’t I say that you don’t have to flatter me if you want to bed me again?”

Llyr continued to caress, as if he’d forgotten entirely what they’d even been talking about. After a bit, he remarked further about the evening and that no one knew he was in Viden, so he didn’t have any obligations to others… not yet. As soon as Dean Rush heard of his arrival, the professor would likely want to check on the progress of his studies.

He moved away, smoking and considering…

When Doran extended a hand, to reach for him, he noticed. Llyr simply walked back to the man. He kissed Doran on the lips once. His eyes turned a light blue color. He said in a low voice, “Doran, I… I am honored that you trust me, about magic and ether. I’d be overjoyed to help you with your research.”

“Perhaps, we should take advantage of the fact that nobody knows that you are back yet some more…”

Llyr demurely laughed at the mischievous smile that graced Doran’s handsome features. He glanced over the man, as if they hadn’t just spent the last couple of breaks getting to know each other incredibly well… as if they’d just went through the initiation again and he couldn’t wait to discover the other man’s body for himself. The blond’s hands started to roam over Doran’s musculature in affectionate exploration.

“You haven’t asked what exactly my newest research entails yet though – and why it is so absolutely ground-breaking. Did you know that nobody has ever added anything new to alchemy, that it’s been the same since it was first discovered?”

The mortalborn's enthusiasm was obvious. Llyr almost felt it for himself. He smiled again. He recognized that sort of question.

“No, I didn’t know that…” he admitted. A blush rose on his cheeks. He took a drag of his cigarette, then left the other man’s side.

He went to the desk and seductively leaned against the edge, facing Doran. His crystalline ankles crossed, and he nearly seemed to pose for Doran’s enjoyment. He set one hand against the desk behind him. It was a familiar spot. One in which had been the cause for the mess of fallen books and papers that they’d just cleaned up.

“Tell me, Doran Thetys,” said Llyr in a smokey-toned voice. He was sincere in every word, though his attitude had a playful air to it. “What is this new research of your’s? Why is it something that’s never been seen before? Never discovered! Please tell me, I must know! Don’t keep it all to yourself. What have you created, my lo-… initiate. Doran.”

word count: 748

Vhalar

Mutations

Visuals

Doran
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:39 pm

There was something about Llyr‘s undeniable enthusiasm and his being so eager to help him that increased the Mortalborn’s own enthusiasm and that made him more excited about his research. Of course, he had already been quite excited about it before, when he had worked on it alone, but he hadn’t been that passionate about it. Llyr’s presence affected even that part of his life and made it more enjoyable, better, brighter, he realized.

That made him think about what he had been wondering about again. If Llyr had such a fundamental impact on every aspect of his life, if he thought of him like that, if he made him feel so intensely, maybe he was even closer to breaking their agreement than he had thought …

He looked at the younger man, into his eyes, as he placed a hand on his chest. For a moment as it seemed as if Llyr would move away, the Mortalborn looked slightly puzzled. A moment later, he happily met his kiss though before he laughed. “I know, Llyr, I know. I can’t help it though.” He kissed him again before he allowed him to leave his side. He never stopped looking at him though, but watched him as he leaned against the desk, so seductively, remembering what they had used that piece of furniture for just a little earlier.

Llyr had quickly corrected himself, but he had noticed it nevertheless, that little half-finished word that made his heart beat a hint faster for a moment. Had he meant to say “lover” or “love”? Did that mean that their feelings about each other were mutual after all? Did Llyr consider what they had more than just simple fun after all? Why had he turned away from him when he had told him how much he had missed him then? He decided that it didn’t matter, at least not right now. All that mattered was that he was with him and that he apparently felt something for him after all, something that seemed to be more than mere lust.

That little hint of something made him far happier than he had thought that it would.

“When I talked to my colleagues about why our trade was so limited”, he began when Llyr finally asked him about his research. “They insisted that you could never add anything new to alchemy, that what I had in mind – changing the way this science works on a fundamental level – was impossible. Blood Magic has always been about blessings and domain magic. The fact that something has been the same for decades – or centuries – doesn’t mean that it can never change though!”

The tone of his voice grew more enthusiastic the longer he spoke. That kind of enthusiasm was quite unusual for him, for a man that had often tended towards being calm and matter-of-fact in the past. It was tinged with a hint of amusement that was mostly directed at his colleagues that were so stubborn and set in their ways, just like he had been in what had already begun to seem like some sort of distant, half-forgotten past.

After a while, he stopped speaking rather abruptly for a moment though and furrowed his brow fractionally. He realized that he should have explained what exactly his work was all about first. He shook his head, as if he were amused by his oversight, and continued,

“What would you say if you could put an Eidisi’s gift for learning into a potion, if all you needed to become as powerful as a Lotharro was a little drink, with little to no side effects, if you could copy any traits, of any race? A few drops of my invention could save lives, lives that we cannot save now, not without divine intervention, not without asking the Immortals for help! Imagine the possibilities! And what does my discovery imply about other aspects of alchemy, about other, sciences, other aspects of this world that people insist are immutable?”

He paused for a moment to give Llyr time to think about what he had said, or ask questions.

“I already have a prototype! Do you realize the importance of this, Llyr? Wait!” he remarked and raised a hand. “I have some notes in my desk, right here!” He swiftly moved towards the desk against which Llyr was leaning in order to open a drawer and remove a stack of papers from it that were filled from top to bottom with his neat and elegant handwriting. The words were crammed together in places as if he had been worried about running out of space – which was exactly what had happened. He had never written so much or so quickly, almost feverishly, before.

He moved close to Llyr, leaning towards him, so that they could look over the notes together if he wanted to.
word count: 829

Items

Sesser

Llyr Llywelyn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:26 am

Llyr listened while Doran answered him. Though the information was interesting, he couldn’t help but enjoy how the other man behaved. How the professor’s voice grew more enthusiastic, and the slight amusement expressed along with it. A sense of endearment and affection gathered in the blond while he simply observed his initiate.

When Doran stopped speaking, rather abruptly, Llyr’s dark brows furrowed in confusion. He inclined his head slightly, in gesture for the man to continue. His youthful features smoothed when he realized that the mortalborn had only been thinking about how to explain his research.

He listened to the rhetorical question but didn’t try to answer it. Instead, he inhaled the smoke of his cigarette until it had reached the embers reached his fingers. He glanced about, then found a thin tray that could hold ash. The biqaj snubbed it out while he thought about Doran had said.

“So, like my blood then… could aid in offering others how to navigate by awareness of the constellations? I wonder if it would also cause the drinker’s eyes to change color or not,” he mused with interest at the idea. He laughed when Doran exclaimed about a prototype, enjoying the other man’s enthusiasm.

Llyr shook his head. He didn’t think he realized the importance of it, given how the alchemist was talking. He watched Doran, leaning against the desk, and crossed his arms now that he was no longer smoking. He glanced over the notes. A smile crept over his lips when he saw how similar they were in note-taking, so similar that an amateur eye might even mistake his notes for Doran’s and vice-versa… at least until they reached the moments in Llyr’s notes that became wild, far less neat, and included terrible attempts at sketched imagery.

The biqaj moved around, to stand right beside Doran. He didn’t bother to try and keep any space between them. Llyr gently leaned against the other man and looked over the notes. His fingertips traced over the papers as he started to move through them. He mentioned in a quiet voice, “Doran, you are brilliant. Probably far more than someone like me can even fully recognize.”

“I don’t know much about the sciences, let alone what has or hasn’t happened regarding change. I haven’t been around for centuries…” he informed the older man with a coy glance. “A prototype… that is like… it’s a test before the actual thing, yes? Like, oh, like a model? How do you make a prototype for something like this though?”

He frowned slightly, thinking, while he looked through the notes. The young mage leaned over the stack of papers. His hips lightly bumped against Doran, unconsciously flirtatious as his hips swayed while he read through Doran’s work. He paused, then brought back one of the earlier papers to reread some of it. His elbows rested on the desk, bent over while reading, then he glanced at Doran and smiled.

“I don’t understand half of this, but your penmanship is mesmerizing!” He was mostly teasing the mortalborn. He winked to make the jest clear. Llyr moved closer, turning toward Doran, and grasping the alchemist by the jaw as he landed a happy kiss. His lips parted, against Doran’s lips, and he aimed to deepen the kiss.

As fascinated by the research and overjoyed at the sense of Doran's accomplishment, he couldn’t resist his attraction to the mortalborn. It was only heightened by acknowledgement of his initiate’s brilliance. He would kiss as long as Doran let him, and seemingly to return to what they’d been taking a break from; to make a mess of the office and use the desk again for things it was never meant for…

…though Llyr paused, sooner or later, and he whispered, “Doran… teach me more of your research? And… then maybe I can teach you more of Transmutation, if you wish. That you have awakened in your hands, you are progressing and likely capable of more now than last when we discussed the domain. If you had questions for me, we should discuss such matters before I return to Etzos.”
word count: 718

Vhalar

Mutations

Visuals

Doran
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Player Review
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Events

Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:35 am

“That is very likely the case”, Doran replied as Llyr asked him if his blood could aid in offering others how to navigate by awareness of the constellations. “As for causing the drinker’s eyes to change color”, he continued somewhat thoughtfully, snubbing his own cigarette out. “I have to admit, I haven’t thought of that yet. I would have to conduct a few tests. Are you offering to donate your blood?” he asked mostly in jest, smirking slightly. He found the fact that the etherist’s eyes could change color like that, that they reflected his emotions in such a way quite mesmerizing – like most other things about him.

“You are one of the first people that has called me such though”, he remarked as Llyr called him brilliant and met his gaze, smiling slightly and leaning against the other man just like Llyr leaned against him. In the past, he hadn’t cared about compliments, he hadn’t cared whether someone thought him brilliant or not – only his own opinion had mattered to him. Llyr’s comment didn’t leave him unaffected though. It didn’t leave him unaffected at all.

“It is a first version of a potion that still needs to be finetuned. In the case of my discovery, I mixed a few reagents that I thought would work. There might be other reagents that are even more effective though”, he explained as Llyr asked him about his prototype. His eyes shimmered with excitement as he spoke. In that moment, as he talked about his research, to someone that he cared about, he looked more like the man that he appeared to be rather than someone that had been alive for centuries and had seen countless people come and go and entire nations rise and turn to dust again.

Being with Llyr made him feel young again.

As the etherist called his penmanship mesmerizing, he laughed before he moved even closer. His lips parted, he met the younger man’s kiss, and he didn’t stop kissing him until Llyr himself paused. Even though he eventually stopped, he remained just as close as he had been before though, leaning against the younger man, looking over his notes with him.

“I’ll teach you everything you want to learn, about alchemy and about what I’m doing”, he assured him. “As for Transmutation, I seem to be capable of more now”, he remarked somewhat thoughtfully and furrowed his brow fractionally. “I can repair broken items without ever touching them, but I’m not sure what else I can do yet. I would appreciate your teaching me”, he admitted.

“Show me!” he abruptly asked, in nearly the same enthusiastic tone as before.

There had been a time when he had been hesitant to admit that he didn’t know something, but he didn’t feel like that with Llyr, at least not anymore. In fact, that he didn’t know everything yet, excited him. There were still new things to learn after all, still new things to discover, and he wanted, he needed to know more!

A moment after he had spoken, he raised a hand though, a sign that he didn’t want Llyr to say anything just yet.

“I seem to have acquired a new ability!” he revealed and showed Llyr the markings on the backs of his hands again, the markings that the younger man had paid particular attention to during their reunion. “This mutation isn’t just physical. It is more than just visual proof of my growing proficiency in Transmutation. Do you have fire?” he asked. “I don’t want another cigarette”, he explained in case Llyr had misunderstood his words and thought that he wanted to smoke more. “I just cannot show you without some sort of flame. I’ve never heard of mutations manifesting in such a way …”
word count: 656

Items

Sesser

Return to “Viden”