• Mature • Burning hearts, Cleansing fires

Stronghold of education and learning, this fortress is in one of the coldest areas of Idalos and home to many knowledge seekers in a variety of disciplines. However, unknown to most, below the city are those who suffer for the sake of science. While all are welcome, not everyone will be treated as they expect.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Sybil Malach
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Ignoble Thanatologist
Renown: 300
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: Burning hearts, Cleansing fires

VI
Saun 13th arc 719 (4 trials before the assault)

Dear Wald,

I will notify the Reeve of this finding. I will send him out to you shortly, so that he can gain an understanding of the ordeal that lies before us. Please understand that you do not need to persuade him. However, it is necessary that he survives.

It is imperative that he remains alive: something I cannot stress enough. He needs to be convinced of the dangers of leaving this be: something that your explanation will aid in. If we lose him, we lose a strategic resource for our ongoing efforts. Explain to him in detail, what sort of tactics you intend to employ. Ensure that you are prepared, he will be coming tomorrow.

This is important. Failing this, we will lose a major player in the town's politics. We cannot afford this.

I've not been well enough to leave his home, but I have been sending out Karlsson to check up on the animals. The horse is let out to roam every so often, and the donkey is given treats. I've seen to this personally.

Regards,
Sybil.

The letter is handed off, into the pouch that Ylfa held. Eyes bleary, Sybil let out a soft breath. It wasn't long before the wolf bolted out from the door, and padded to her master once again.

"The Butcher's on our side." Karlsson stated, a smile crossing his face as he closed the door behind the dog, "I informed her of the interrogation yielding horrific information about her daughters. Know a few things about necromancers, myself. And reading your report, it was easy to... Fabricate."

Sybil was sat on a chair. Their eyes looked a bit glassy, however. No amount of rest was enough, but their mind was having an easier time thinking, and their body was slowly starting to feel less heavy. They had some time to rest, but this situation was taxing even for their fully functional brain.

A lazy glance with the side of their eyes is the only thing afforded to this admission. Settling upon Karlsson, Sybil's gaze remains stable. There were several things to object to, in what he just said. Manipulating a woman going through grief that would be inconceivable to either of them. Yet... Nothing really settled into their mind as distinctly evil. This was for the greater good, for all the exorcist was concerned. There was no good or evil, only the task at hand, and the routes to take to reach the most favorable outcome.

Maximize casualties on the other end. Minimize casualties on the end that mattered.

"You did what you had to do." There was no reprimand. Their voice carried cool and collected. Shifting their unbraided hair to the side,with their offhand, "Margaret Shaw will be joining us in one day's time. The Reeve will be departing to speak tactics with Wald. You're familiar enough with her. Engage in whatever it takes to prepare them for my speech. Make sure your lies aren't something that can be traced back to us. Do whatever it takes."

"Y'know." Karlsson leaned against the door. A smug smile crossing his lips. The context of the conversation soon shifted as fast as possible without slapping whiplash across either. "Your morals sure have changed. Can't fault you. But I've not seen anyone so passionate about seeing someone burned at the stake. Less so, for a group of people."

Sybil leveled their gaze with Karlsson. A blank stare was the only think he was afforded, as though questioning why he even bothered to bring this up.

"I just want the nightmare to end. Same as you. Same as the people."

"The nightmare to end, eh?"

"Yes. For the nightmare to end."

That phrase was becoming a mantra. A recurring theme bleeding through their words. People were repeating it in town, even.

A smile crossed Karlsson's lips as he realized in sudden, putrefying satisfaction.

For once, his face shown the expression of pride.
word count: 680
"No mass graves."

-Vri 720, scolding Sybil for disposing of necromancers.

NPCs: Karlsson, Margaret
Wald Lowca
Approved Character
Profession: Hunter
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Laying out the pelts of the few small animals, Wald wanted to ensure they would dry out. They were not the best, since the two tended to use teeth and claws, which tore into the flesh. Unlike the bow which pierced and only left a single small hole. It was slightly annoying, but at least there was meat being gathered. There was also a pile of black and white feathers now, though use for them was limited. The fletcher maybe? Or maybe someone could use it for something else? In any case, Wald kept them in a small group to keep them from blowing away.

Ari was still eating the second bird that was given to him, both were enough to satisfy the animal. But if he grew to large, it would likely take a whole deer to feed him a day. That would test the hunter's capabilities to feed his family, though at that time Ari too would be hunting with the man. Ari's mother was large enough to ride, could he too be, and if so would he be trained enough to ride? Flight was quite a boon for traveling, Wald would be able to find new hunting spots. The more he learned of animals, and traveled the better his skill would be right?

It was about time for the two to work, the Trial would have to be split between observation and hunting. The two animals could take down small prey easily to bring back, though larger prey was harder to bring to camp. Wald could go out for a bit, and take down something larger, Deer, Elk anything larger would give a few more Trails of food. He did not know how long the siege would last, only that he would need to feed them. Since the area around the cave was barren of prey.

As Wald got ready, Ari went back into the tent. Ylfa had returned from her trip, handing over the letter from Sybil. "Shortly? What does that even mean in this case? Tomorrow? The next day?" Wald sighed after reading the message, pinching his nose. "Fine, head back to the town early Ylfa. I will hunt for something larger." Only a little confused about what shortly meant for the hunter, as information was not organized right.
word count: 386
Sybil Malach
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

VII
Saun 14th arc 719 (3 trials before the assault)

"I didn't expect you to ask for the information and run off so soon, Malach. I'd thought you'd at least stick around." Margaret Shaw muttered to herself, as she pinched her nose. Standing by the hearth's fire, she places a gloved hand upon some of the books strewn upon the mantle. Eyes slowly tracing along the rim, she was definitely sizing the place up. Sybil could clearly see that she was attempting to get a reading on the type of person who lived her. Not that she was planning on hiding such intentions, "Regardless, it makes my job easier. And judging by the body you left behind... I knew just where to ask."

Sybil was now standing, rather than bound by the bed. With a wooden bowl of thin soup in one hand and a book in the other, they looked to be quite serene, despite what had just happened a few days ago. Eyes fluttering and half lidding, they let out a soft breath. Margaret was a woman of many means. And by the look of her thin smile, the recently cleaned raven hair, the glistening white teeth, she had preened herself specifically to appear as trustworthy as possible. For a moment, even, they thought that she could be trusted. But common sense dictated that after a while of consideration, it was just her appearance that changed. Her murky personality was just as stained as it was before.

"I didn't expect to have to deal with another attempt on my life." The exorcist offered, finally scooting into a seat near the fire. Bringing the bowl up to their lips, they take a long drink of the broth. Sybil could taste the diluted beef, it was mainly water at this point. But the chunks within, and the overpowering salt that nearly fermented it, gave enough of an illusion to lull them into a false sense of satiation. At least, for the time being. "But regardless, you can see that I'm very much alive. Our deal is unhindered. Though I would like to... Understand, what it was that you found. Against the information I had gathered."

Leaning her hip against the stone foundation of the hearth, Margaret's lips formed into a frenzied smile. She was like a shark that had found its next victim. Yet, she was of little import, to Sybil. She was a creature that was ruled by her delusions of grandeur, and it would be the cause of her death. So long as their intelligence remained intact, they would not have to fear much from the woman. "You see... The slave trader thought that she was a vulture. She, in fact, did not work at that specific shop. Matter of fact, I had just stopped him from reporting her, using a well placed... Fabrication. I managed to get the answer, however."

Leaning against the chair, Sybil's brow raised, "... You're telling me that she poached me from someone else's shop?"

"Absolutely. Not only that... But she's an independent trader. Specializing in the sale of... Sickly slaves. Apparently, has no reputation... Yet, no complaints." She tapped the side of her nose.

Sybil could only sit and stare. The answer was so redundant. She was... All this time, an independent trader? She wasn't even a supplier. A small chuckle left the back of their throat. Leaning forward, and pinching their nose, they had severely overestimated the cult's connections, "... Write down all you've found. Please make sure that the Reeve is made busy for at least two more breaks afterwards. A lack of sleep will make him more pliant to our cause."

That smile remained painted on her face, "Will he be a problem?"

"No. Just make sure that he wishes to make the nightmare end. Continue your cover."
word count: 651
"No mass graves."

Wald Lowca
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Wald was sitting in his camp, cleaning a large buck that he had hunted while waiting on Ylfa to return. Sending her off to pick up the Reeve had slowed his ability to watch the nest of necromancers. Though it gave him plenty of time to go out, and hunt for something large. The meat needed to be separated into pieces, only putting small parts over the fire to cook. Having to cook for his coming companion. Salting and hanging strip upon strip of bright red meat. The smell of the salted meat were making Wald sick, preserving meat was not something he enjoyed doing.

As the hunter was working, the sound of bushes moving came from the distance. It was in the direction of the town, so it only caused a minor alarm to sound in Wald's head. As he looked over to the source of the sound, placing more strands of meat to be preserved. The first out of the forest into the small camp was Ylfa, her happy face as she ran over to her master. "I brought the man, Master."

Wald knelt down to scratch her ears, as the bush gave to another figure. It was the Reeve, who had come with his mace on his hip. "Mister Lovsta."

Wald looked at the man, and gave a sigh. "Just use Wald, it will make things easier for both of us." The man struggled to try and say Wald's last name, so it was a simple matter of getting him to use the first.

"Right, I was asked to come, and I would also like to see the process you have made." The Reeve looked at the camp, his tools were not in sight, and the hunter had a large collection of meat. "The camp seems... Small Mister Wald." The Reeve commented

Taking a look around, Wald gave a slow nod. "Yes, something well hidden for myself. We can go and look at the Necromancer's nest if you would like." Wald said as he was readying the last of the deer meat, and removing some from the fire to store away.

Before the two left, they had a meal, this gave the Reeve time to rest from their journey though the forest. Though once finished the two went off to the cave, leaving Ylfa to watch Ari. Wald led the way slowly, which allowed for both of them to move smoothly through the forest. Ylfa likely did not give the Reeve that pleasure. Wald moved the man around the site, showing him the main entrance, and the one in the back. Both not saying a word, just in case of some sort of magical hearing. It was not until the two made it back to camp that they spoke again.

When Wald entered the camp, he spoke to Ylfa first. "Ylfa, gather some fuel, the Reeve will get cold."

The Reeve tried to stop Wald from saying it. "No, I am fine with what ever you normally use."

Wald looked at the man, and shook his head. "You would freeze to death, as I do not need a fire." Ylfa went off to do her work in the forest.

The Reeve blinked for a few moments, confused by that thought. "Right, so what is your plan for the Necromancers?"

"Yes, first I would like to dig a ditch around the main entrance. This will keep the number of undead from reaching us. Since each necromancer has several under their control, along with several students under them. We need to also be ready for souls, similar to the creature that first attacked the town. So I have some copper arrows for them, along with Sybil bringing extra measures." Wald took a moment to think. "We need to cover the second exit point to the cave, maybe a wagon if we break the wheels would work. Fill it with heavy materials as well, stones most likely. We can draw out the undead first, that way the bulk of their forces will be dealt with before the full assault. We will likely have to go inside the cave, we need to be careful of the mages though. I fought one, and he was able to make barriers which stopped my attacks. I could not even damage the man without sneaking up on him. Then we know one of the number has the ability to teleport themself, no idea if they can do more."

"What is their number?" The Reeve spoke out, trying to process the information given.

"Unknown, as they are not moving often. Though I can feel several number of them down there, around a score total people."

"Feel? I do not need emotions Mister Wald."

"I am able to feel the pull of things weaker then myself, so taking that into account, there should be more then what i can sense Reeve."

The conversation went on for a time, as the two talked the information over.
word count: 831
Sybil Malach
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

VIII
Saun 14th arc 719 (3 trials before the assault)

The day burned on.

The rate in which information was exchanged blurred within Sybil's mind. Papers were being handed over, examination had to take place over a long period of time. It was easier for them to conduct more invasive information gathering without the Reeve present. Questions slipped from lips, as though they were lubricated with oil. It was easy to trust people who were the tools of one's supposed vengeance. While Karlsson was terrifying, he knew how to appeal to the men of the town: his information regarding who actually held any semblance of worth in combat was particularly of worth. Margaret Shaw on the other hand, was a good tool to use to pry lips, rather than direct information.

There was a symbiosis between these reports. There were multiple accounts of the two even acting in direct opposition to try and get specific responses. Learning whoever wasn't loyal was a strange task indeed. But they kept pushing, kept their movements under lock and key. It was beautiful, if Sybil could be bothered to actually focus long enough on the implications. They had never once had such a network within the city, but here... Things were so simple that it was a mere matter of having competent people for the job, and targets that didn't quite understand what was even going on for them. It was easier to operate without prying eyes and ears over every action, after all.

Legs folded over one another upon the Reeve's bed, their eyes glance over the information given. Their attention was captivated, in the low light of the dying hearth. Sybil slowly began to write orders behind each name, instructing their contacts on how to act upon them. Those who proved to be disloyal would have to have certain lies told to them. Impressed upon that their comfortable safety was being slowly eroded by unseen forces. If logic would not prevail, then the fits of paranoia would be their final comfort. Under many names, both Margaret and Karlsson are encouraged to spread tales of excessive disgust to the citizenry. Lies based in truth, ones that would be affirmed during the assault.

The door cracked open, cold air buffeting through. Two figures stepped in, as Sybil rose to a stand, tucking the book against their hip, placing the quill back into the inkwell. The outlines of a man and woman stand before the exorcist in the dying evening light. Holding the book open on the freshly printed sections, as to not cause smudging, Sybil's eyes level with the two.

"They're in fear, as you hoped." Karlsson was the first to sleep, closing the door behind the woman, his eyes leveling with Sybil, "We made sure the weaker willed felt vulnerable at every opportunity, and the strong feel as though they had a duty to protect. This means, of course, that we don't have as much information as last time." His hands folded over his lap, glancing towards Margaret.

The woman's lips curl into a smile, "We laid it on thick, but it was necessary." Was all she added. Judging by the disgustingly pleased look on either face, so pleased in fact, that Sybil felt a layer of grime on their skin growing, "They're ready for the rally, when you feel prepared to make it. You can't wait long, though. We'd have to suggest between the next two days. ... They're practicing with spears and bardiches."

Sybil could only stare blankly. Tilting their head to the side, they considered just how loyal these two were to this cause. And, with barely a moment of hesitation, they handed the book over to Karlsson, the next batch of orders.

"Tell them that I'll make a speech tomorrow morning. Prepare them as much as you can. There are a list of topics with that book that I want you to make them sensitive towards. Follow it in descending order of importance."
word count: 677
"No mass graves."

Wald Lowca
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Reeve is unlucky
Rolled 1d20 = 1
13-20 We good
4-12 Noticed slightly
1-3 Spotted
Rolled 1d10 = 2
6-10 Wolf
3-5 Pack of wolves
1-2 Bear
Wald and the Reeve discussed the plan about how to deal with the necromancers, as Ylfa left to watch the cave area. If there was movements Wald would learn of them. The two seemed to relax a bit, though Wald relaxing was still uneasy about the man. He could not shake this feeling about him, was it because he was a Ranger, or was it something else? For a moment Wald looked to the fire, the smoke seemed oddly thick, it was not something he was use to for a while now. Smoke did give away the position but this far from the cave it would not matter.

A few moments passed, as Wald felt something happening. A pull from his senses, and it was coming towards them. He looked quickly to the location, as he grabbed hold of his bow. "Reeve, ready yourself." The panic turned out to be stale, Wald's hunter instincts pushed away the fear he had. Only leaving something cold, something calculated, the hunter watched the direction of which the pull was.

The Reeve stood fast, reaching for his mace. "What is it Mister Wald?" Soon the sound of a snapping tree could be heard, coming from the direction Wald was looking. Wald readied his arrow, as he had no idea what it could be.

"Ari! Stay in the tent!" Wald ordered the large cat, ensuring his safety as best he could. As the sound of a charging creature came closer, pulling the arrow back, the hunter was ready for whatever it was that was to come.

The brown face exited the brush, as the hunter fired his first arrow. It landed into the creature's left cheek, skimming right under the eye where it stuck in. It let out a roar, as it began to stand up on its hind limbs. "Its a Vel'ky we need to go now!" The mammoth sized bear roared at the two men, as one began to back up trying to make distance. The hunter how ever moved to the side of the creature, careful of the large claws of the beast. While Wald readied to shoot another arrow, the Reeve began to try and skip out of the fight with the bear. It took notice of the Reeve trying to get away, moving towards the man.

Wald fired one more arrow, with a loud thud from his bow. It landed into the side of the creature, as it roared with a bubbling sound coming out. The arrow dug deep into its rib cage area, it seemed to miss the ribs and got something within the bear. Wald back peddled to the tree line, as the bear refocused on the hunter instead of the Reeve. The bear ran straight for Wald, as it slammed into a tree, causing it to snap and crack though not falling just yet.

While the bear was busy with the tree, Wald got one more arrow ready for the bear. As the beast raised once more, to push the tree out of the way. Wald fired one more arrow, landing deep into the animal's eye socket. The bear pushed down the tree as it moved to the ground, Wald began to go deeper into the forest to avoid the bear and tree. He kept his bow ready as he watched the lifeless body on the ground. The Reeve as well watched over what just happened. Once the kill was confirmed, Wald fell onto his rear taking deep breaths. The warning the senses gave were enough to be readied, and the calmness allowed him to think properly. The Reeve on the other hand, had a slight panic when the beast was reviled. Though that may of saved the two in this case.

"You are going to need to help me process this one Reeve." Wald said coldly after he got back up walking to the fire. "In the morning though, that was enough excitement would you say?"
word count: 695
Sybil Malach
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

IX
Saun 15th arc 719 (2 trials before the assault)

"The attempt on my life was just the start of something greater. The Emissary, those that wish to sweep your loved ones under the rug, wished to be rid of me, so that they would have one less obstacle in their way before they attacked this town." Sybil's voice raised, as they pulled their cloak close to their body. They were cold, despite the layers and layers of clothing that had been draped across their body. But standing among the townsmen at the center of the congregation, it was enough to bring their focus back into a harsh level of coherency, "There is nothing that I'd love more, than to offer news of triumph. The assailants were killed, yet..." They cut off, trailing, allowing for a moment of silence to take up the air.

Sybil's eyes slowly traced over the gathered townsmen. Mothers clutching babes to their breast, fathers keeping an eye on their kith and kin. A community hexed by fear and paranoia. The slow murmurings of the sinew connecting social bonds could be heard in the air. The pause was experimental, calculated. Just long enough to stir the engines of anxiety. For fear to bloom like a weed, choking the life out of a miserable dance. The exorcist's eyes harden at the whistling winds, their gaze becoming solid as rock. The tone of the speech began to change. Just when the silence was wearing out its welcome, moments before the speaker's competency was about to be challenged--

"I will not lie to you. Once Lowca and I fall, there will not be enough time for the Rangers to properly respond to this threat. By the time that the Bureaucracy finally allocates the resources to save your lives, about a quarter of you will fall. Fleeing will only increase such horrific odds. They are watching. If I, who rested with the walls of the town of Hok, was able to be assaulted with almost no consequence..." They slowly raise their arms, gesturing out to the crowd. Sybil was too tired to put forth any strong emotion, outside of their words. They would not attempt to deceive. While their performance suffers, they would not feel the backlash of insincere words, "What hope do we have, outside of ensuring these murderers are dealt with?"

"Protect your kith, no matter the cost. Your brethren, your sisters, their fates are in your hands. Will you risk their lives, for the sake of some distant dream? We must not put such lives to the whims of fate!" Their hand forms into a fist, nonverbally signalling Margaret to murmur to her sector of the crowd, "Lowca is in the process of finding those that wronged us. The VERMIN that have caused so much pain, and are intending to bring about destruction in brutal fashion to your town. They will be upon us, raining down destruction from the hellish depths from which they gained their powers..."

The muttering of the townsmen began to rise. Their words were starting to have an affect... Hatred glimmered in their eyes, as Sybil spoke of their common enemy. Creating the ties from which kin are born, their breath catching in their throat as the flames of fear and hatred began to billow into the air, the smoke beginning to swirl around the minds like a cradle to an infant.

Their speech had just begun... Fatigue was beginning to falter. Yet they knew that giving up wasn't an option, that there was only one way forward. And that was elongating this hatred, this sensation within the mob... And driving them towards a singular target.
word count: 619
"No mass graves."

Wald Lowca
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Slow, that was all Wald could think of in the morning. He woke up early to start working, sending Ylfa off to watch over the cave once again. The Reeve took a little more time to wake, and Wald had already started work on getting the bear processed. It had a very thick hide to cut through, the hunter's knife had to take things slowly. Peeling the skin away from the flesh underneath, slowly unveiling the muscles and fat the creature had. The meat was good, there was no sign of disease on the animal, along with little signs of starvation. This one must of come from across the way, likely followed the Reeve back to camp. Wald gave a deep sigh as the Reeve finally made his way to help the hunter.

The two began to move faster, as an extra pair of hands always does. The Reeve seemed to be impressed at the size of the animal, since he finally got a closer look. "So... Sorry about last night, I was not ready for such a large bear to attack so quickly." The man was apologizing for trying to run, truth was, without the mark he would of be feared the incoming animal just as much. But all emotion left him once he started a hunt, sometimes strong emotions came free, anger being one of them.

Wald began to cut away at the flesh on the bear's arm. "It is fine, it takes some nerve to not run from something large." Wald spoke coldly for a moment, as he rendered the flesh from bone. Making long strips of bear steak, which was passed to the Reeve who salted and hug the meat. The good news was he did not need to go out hunting for supplies any longer. Now he could work on a proper encampment for the assault, once the Reeve finally left.

It took the two till noon to finish the process, once it was done Wald sent the Reeve back to the town, with Ylfa with him. It was a bit of a relief for the other man to be gone.
word count: 358
Sybil Malach
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

X
Saun 15th arc 719 (2 trials before the assault)

The time started to flow. Their mind had entered a sort of state where things went on autopilot. Standing at the center of town, shouting their lungs out, rallying, playing the role of agitator. There were cues put on by the people themselves, planted by Sybil's contacts. People were goaded into speaking out in personal stories, providing anecdotes to why it is that these necromancers were evil. The Butcher was one of them, a woman that had lost both of her children, independent and capable, it didn't matter how much she tried to prepare them for the world, they ended up dead, just like the rest of the victims. The powers at play here were greater than mere townsmen...

Yet, as Sybil leaned against the hearth, staring into the flames, they couldn't feel anything but burning rage. They didn't feel bad for participating in this sort of deception. They felt enraged that they were forced into it. Though it was something that they were pursuing, this had become something that would haunt them. They never asked to be some... Vigilante. They never even wanted to be one. Sybil was so impotent that they only had two choices. Enrage perfectly honest folk into revolting against this group, or continue to be the target of continuous assassination attempts. And eventually, one will cross the line of failure. One would eventually succeed.

That horrified Sybil.

The oozing dread of this entire situation had finally dawned on them. Eyes wide, staring into the crackling flames, alone in this damnable, cold home... It was a box. This entire situation was a cage that prevented escape, outside of one exit that was all but presented to them. Sybil's mentality began to shift, discomfort setting itself upon their thoughts like some strangling sheet fitted over their head. Fluttering their eyes closed, they took a slow breath. Trying, desperately, just for a moment, to not be taken by some sort of inane panic attack. Their mind was tired. This situation wasn't supposed to last this long. The way forward was paved in endless suffering and misery.

And yet, as they pulled back and staggered over to the cooking area, their hand reached into one of the pots, feet making dull, silent thuds against the ground. Splashing water onto their face, they shudder, the water having turned cold long ago. Blearily staring down into the mirror reflection of the liquid, they could only stare at their own face blankly, devoid of most emotion. Furrowing their brow, they let out a soft sigh, pressing their head against the wall behind the pot itself. Doubts began to swirl in their head. Margaret and Karlsson would be able to carry the rest from here. From now on, they'd be a figurehead. They'd set the machinations in motion. All that was left, was to watch.

The rest of the day would be spent resting. The exorcist unable to bring their mind out from the slump from which they'd buried their psyche within. The fatigue that had gripped them over the last few days was something of a curse in on itself.

The last thing they managed to think, before moving towards the bed and clambering within, was how they were going to manage getting enough kindling to burn several people alive, after this ordeal.
word count: 570
"No mass graves."

Wald Lowca
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Ylfa was sent off with the Reeve carrying a letter for Sybil.

To Sybil,

How long till I can expect your group to come, I am preparing a camp for everyone now.

Please do not use a large amount of words. Keep things simple and to the point.

From Wald,

There now seemed to be plenty of meat for the assault, though there really was no telling how it would go as far as supplies went. Wald was not someone who was good with logistics, though a full bear should be plenty of food. Having the meet out to hang, Wald took Ari out, as they needed to do somethings away from the camp. The salted meet would be left to dry longer, as the two walked towards the cave area.

Wald walked though the forest for some time, making his way to a small clearing. It was closer to the cave, but far enough away that things would not spot him. He had brought the tools he borrowed from the Reeve as well. Wald began to work in the area, chopping away at several trees. None of which were large, just thick enough to make spikes for the assault. Along with clearing way for people to be more comfortable as they ready. Wald would also need to gather his own tent from his encampment, as the small tarp would not be enough for a group. Things just kept piling up, at least food was no longer an issue for them.

The rest of the day was spent chopping trees, and making spikes in the clearing. Making a small pile of sticks and leaves as well, readying himself for the people he would need to take care of. Once the light was fading the hunter would return to the small camp to rest the night away.
word count: 306
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “City of Viden”