• Solo • [Mature](White Forrest) Cutting up a Fox

6th of Ashan 719

Stronghold of education and learning, this fortress is in one of the coldest areas of Idalos and home to many knowledge seekers in a variety of disciplines. However, unknown to most, below the city are those who suffer for the sake of science. While all are welcome, not everyone will be treated as they expect.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Wald Lowca
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Hunter
Renown: 300
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

[Mature](White Forrest) Cutting up a Fox

6th of Ashan 719, Noon

Wald was in middle of relaxing next to the fire. He had a good hunt earlier that day, where he caught a Foxowl. This was a rare animal to catch for a hunter, and this was why he was relaxing. Calming his mind, he was ensuring that he was calm for processing the animal. With his eyes closed, he began to visualize the process. From the first slice to the final cleaning.

When Wald finally opened his eyes, he looked at the animal once again. The soft fur was against his skin, and its heart head crest was against his leg. He took his knife out, and laid the animal out on the large stone near him. Carefully he began to place the blade against the neck, getting as close to the head crest as he could. Slowly he began to slice to remove the head, trying to ensure that as little fur came with it as he could. The head itself was worth money as well, though the head was much more durable. Slowly the knife had cut the neck, as he severed the vertebra on the base of the skull. With a pop the head was removed, it rolled for a moment before being caught. Very little fur was taken with the removal of the head thankfully.

Wald had placed the head to the side, it was time for him to do the hard part. Slowly he took the knife onto the soft skin of the animal. Slicing the blade slowly down the body, starting from the neck and ending near the tail. He took his time to ensure that he was doing everything right. After the first cut, he started with the smaller cuts, going from the middle to the end of each of the legs. Slowly the first cuts were complete. Laying the blade flat against the animal, he started with small motions. This was to start to cut under the skin. Slowly he peeled the animal's pelt away from the flesh. He had the fur laying flat against the stone, as the last part of the animal was ready for skinning.

Slowly Wald made a small cut on the base of the tail. This was a shallow cut, he began to start peeling the tail from there. Using his finger he made it so he could wrap them around under the skin. Using that spot he began to cut up the tail, slowly slicing under the skin. Once he made it half way through the tail, he held a tight grip on the fleshy bone. With a firm pull the tail was removed from its skin. Slowly after the removal, Wald began to open the rest of the tail. This was to ensure the skin would dry properly.
word count: 469
Wald Lowca
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: [Mature](White Forrest) Cutting up a Fox

Wald laid the skin flat on the other wooden seat. Leaving it there for it to dry next to the fire. He was proud of his skillful cuts, The skin seemed to be in great condition. Now was time for the least stressful part of the processing of the animal. Taking the skinned meat, he began to slice into the flesh of the animal. Slowly he opened the body from the middle. Taking the knife he pushed the tip into the sternum, twisting the knife he cracked it into two. Pulling the legs apart, the body was opened wide. With it opened he began to remove the organs of the animal. As it was a predator he could not eat any of them, as they were likely toxic to humans. While doing this he looked over to Ylfa. "Can you get a hole dug for the organs?"

Ylfa had nodded and went off to find a spot to dig. She went off the camp ground to keep the camp from the strong smell. Wald had just taken the organs, and put them to the side. Once that was done he began to push the blade into the spine. Slowly he began to crack each vertebra in half, this was to allow him to cook the meat in two parts. One for that Trial the other for the next. The two halves fell apart from each other, as they did so Ylfa had returned. "The hole is ready Master."

Wald had gotten up, and gathered the organs. "Can you lead me to the hole."

Ylfa began to walk. "Yes, follow me Master." Wald was following Ylfa for a short walk. She lead him over to a fresh small hole. This is where he placed the organs that were removed. After they were placed, Ylfa began to cover them. The two made their way back to camp. It was time for Wald to cook the meat he had hunted.
word count: 327
Wald Lowca
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

When the two made it to the campsite, Wald went to the fire. Getting half of the fox ready for cooking. Using a few sticks to hold it over the fire. This was to allow for roasting without putting ash onto the meat. The fox flesh would need quite some time to finish cooking. While he was cooking, Wald decided to ask Ylfa a question. "What do you look for in a leader?" This was a honest question, as Wald never thought of the concept of leading before.

Ylfa sat down, looking over to Wald with her paws together. "Strength is important." She moved her front paws forward to lay down. "And also wisdom." She began to relax next to the fire. "But most importantly, someone who cares for their pack." Her head laid on her legs looking to Wald.

Wald thought about this answer he had gained from Ylfa. Strength, Wisdom, and Caring is that what a leader needs. "And what do you think of me?" The second was to learn if Wald was a leader, or if he was just filling in a role.

Ylfa seemed to wag her tail. "You are very wise, master. I was told about the Maneater that got Karem's attention, so you are quite strong. Finally, you truly care for your pack, even me even though I am new." Her tail went faster, as she closed her eyes. "I feel as though I am accepted."

Wald was happy with the answer, at the very least the blessing was not wasted on him. But the second part peaked his interest. "What of your old pack. Don't you miss them, and wouldn't they miss you?"

Ylfa's tail stopped wagging. "There are many wolves in Karem's pack. I am an omega, so I was the lowest in the pack. Only a few of my pack mates would even notice my disappearance." All of this made since. Karem would have many members in her pack, and a single omega would be little missed. Wald supposed that this was why Ylfa enjoyed helping him so much.

While Wald was cooking his meal, Ylfa asked one question to Wald. "Why do you hunt?"

This took Wald by surprise, as he didn't expect a question. "It is my path." This was his answer.

"Why would a man choose this path?" Ylfa seemed dissatisfied with the answer.

Taking a breath. "My family has been hunters, for many generations. Since the beginning of The Great Restoration. My family had not taken part is civilization." Wald hoped that was enough for Ylfa.

"Why would a human choose to leave humanity?"

This was a hard question to say the very least. "To find true purpose in nature."

Ylfa tilted her head. "That sounds more like a Sev'ryn then a human."

Wald never thought of that before, he knew that the one who started his family on this journey was not fully human. Though the race he was apart of was not passed down though story. Not like the deeds he had done.
word count: 515
Wald Lowca
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

6th of Ashan 719, Afternoon

Wald and Ylfa finished off their conversation, and Wald had his meal for the day. After that the sun was just setting down. The sunlight has been getting longer slowly. Even with that, the chill was enough in the north to keep the snow for many long Trials. Wald would be needing to get ready for rest soon enough, though he couldn't just sit doing nothing.

Wald got up from his wooden seat, and moved his way to the two small tree trunks he had left. This was the extra from the wall, he needed to figure out something to do with them. He could cut them up to burn, but that may just be a waste. Looking at them, they were very tall around twice the height of Wald. He curiously thought of something. Maybe he could build something here. Not just a wall.

Wald took his wooden shovel. Using it to start digging a hole, he did not make it wide, but he did make it quite deep. After the first was dug out, he started work on a second one. It was around the same just a few paces apart. Once both were done he slotted the two trees into them. Once they were dropped they stood around one and a half taller then Wald. This would work perfectly for his idea. He then checked the distance between there and the wall. He began digging three more holes. Each just as deep. One between the wall and the pole he had. And two with a larger distance between them. He would need about three trees to finish the poles.

It was getting late though, and Wald got ready for bed. Tomorrow would be busy again.
word count: 294
Aegis
Prophet of Old
Race: Prophet
Renown: 0
Plot Notes
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Staff

Miscellaneous

[anchor=OptionFour][/anchor]
Thread Review
Yes Master. Anything you want Master. Why are you getting out the peanut butter, Master?

This is my first time seeing this relationship, and I particularly enjoyed it. Well done.

Word Count: 1605
Review Request Link: viewtopic.php?f=242&t=17435&p=116628#p116751
Wald Lowca
  • Skill Points - 10
  • Renown - 0
  • Skill Knowledges
    1. Butchering: Processing a Fox
    2. Butchering: Cutting a tail off properly
    3. Leadership: What Ylfa Looks for in a leader
    4. Field Craft: Poles from trees
    5. Cooking: Cooking a fox
    6. Animal Training: Try and understand your animal
  • Non-Skill Knowledges
  • Items and Other Rewards
Player 2
  • Skill Points -
  • Renown -
  • Skill Knowledges
  • Non-Skill Knowledges
  • Items and Other Rewards

Final Notes

If you have any questions, please PM me.

Code: Select all

[center][img]/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=12064[/img][/center]
word count: 140
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “City of Viden”