Collab [Fitness Academy] Balance

Theo and Zana train and meet people.

Stronghold of education and learning, this fortress is in one of the coldest areas of Idalos and home to many knowledge seekers in a variety of disciplines. However, unknown to most, below the city are those who suffer for the sake of science. While all are welcome, not everyone will be treated as they expect.

Moderators: Pegasus Pug!!!, Avalon

Zana
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Living a libertine lifestyle.
Renown: 294
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 6

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

[Fitness Academy] Balance

Ymiden
Arc
Previously

"This is it," she said, softly. The pair of them had made their way to the Viden Fitness Academy and Zana glanced at Theo with a soft smile. Her brother, while they were here, Theo Malinconico was attending his first lessen at the fitness academy. While he did that, she had booked herself into the gymnasium and hired a private room for herself to practice dance. She had her arm in his, the picture of platonic siblings and the pair were well dressed. "Thank you for booking the room for me, Theo. I hope your sword class is useful, instructive." They had agreed that he needed to get lessons in the sabre - not because he needed them but because Zane had told them about one Lord: Wyllum Tariq who was the blade instructor. A member of the Viden Aristocracy, the only way into that group was by marriage and that was what they were hoping for.

They were posing as a sibling pair from a wealthy family. Recently orphaned wen their mother died, Theo had taken over the family and was seeking a good match for his beautiful, but headstrong, sister. However, as part of that, it was important that they acted a certain way and, one aspect of that was not approaching nobility. So, they had come here together a few trials ago and, when he hired the room out for her, Theo had lazily inquired about the classes going on at that time. Of course, they already knew because they'd checked but that was fine. No one knew and it worked.

So, it had seemed to be mere circumstance that, while she worked on her dance, he was training in the sword. Yet, they had to keep it as something he was doing to indulge his little sister. He indulged her a lot, after all. Especially behind closed doors when the servants had gone home. However, Zana stayed next to him but said nothing as he paid and ensured that everything was taken care of. He was stepping into the role of elder brother perfectly and she tried very hard facilitate that - but part of doing that was being said headstrong younger sister. "I can find my room by myself, you know." Zana hissed that at him as he put his hand on her back and led her to the room they'd booked for her.
Once he had told her off regarding her declaration of independence, in a suitably adoring fashion, and she had rolled her eyes at him, they made their way to the gymnasium. Once there, she looked around. "I will be in here for as long as it take me to warm up, then into the room you've booked for me. That's just next door," she said, speaking softly to her over protective (in her eyes, of course) brother.

There was currently only one other person in the gymnasium, a woman. Human and a little older than Zana appeared to be, so in her mid twenties. Zana looked up at Theo and kissed him on the cheek. "Go, I'm fine. I'm looking forward to stretching my muscles. Thank you, Theo." The human woman in there smiled, her gaze trailing over Theo in an appraising manner. She noticed his signet ring, the cut of his dress and that kind of thing. The same with Zana.

When Theo had gone, as Zana moved in to the gymnasium, the woman in there with her smiled. "Protective husband?" She asked and Zana let out a chuckle and shook her head. "Protective older brother," she explained and the young woman winced. "Oh, those are worse." Zana smiled and nodded her head. "Zana," she said, and the woman in question returned the expression. "Ses'ka," she said.
Meanwhile, the real reason for them being here was Theo meeting his instructor. The moment he walked in, Theo would recognise an arrogant and entitled man. "You are on time. This is at least acceptable," he said. He did not introduce himself, but he nodded to the area of the room where there was a small area for warming up. "Come," he said and he walked, expecting Theo to follow.

"We will get ready, warm up." He said and the man was very obviously used to people simply doing what he told them to do. However, he kept an eye on Theo, made sure that he was alright and knew what he was doing. It wasn't obvious, that bit, but it was there. "And while we do, you will tell me about yourself. Who you are, why you are here. In Viden, in this Center, in this room. Why you wish to learn. Follow what I do."

And, he started to warm up, whilst waiting for Theo's answer.
I'm all seven sins, wrapped in a bow,
Pay for my time and I'll never say no
word count: 827
PC is currently inactive. I hope to bring her back soon!
Theo Nji'Ryn
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Whatever the Whim
Renown: 83
Character Sheet
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Re: [Fitness Academy] Balance

They made quite the pretty pair, Theo had remarked before they'd left home, as the two of them had stood in front of a full length mirror. "The very picture of loving family harmony." Platonic even, though behind closed doors Theo and Zana were anything but. But they were also not family, not siblings, though their performance as such could have hardly been faulted so far. They only had to keep it up and for how long, there was no telling.

"I'm sure it will be, little sister," he said with an indulgent smile once they arrived at their destination. Useful and instructive enough, he added, that the training would serve well enough to allow him to defend her from any number of hopeful, but inappropriate suitors. "And you're very welcome," he added when she thanked him for renting the room. "I consider it a good investment, and both mother and father would be pleased to know you're continuing to pursue your dancing."

As for him, enrolling in a class for himself was also an investment, but not so much as a way to improve his swordsmanship. It might, and probably would, and certainly wouldn't hurt him any. But the more important thing was who the instructor was, along with that man's status and connections in Viden society. An acquaintance made by a chance encounter...or so it would seem, was exactly the thing that Theo and Zana needed in order to further their plans. Of course Zana played the role of the spoiled and willful younger sister very well, and in case anyone was looking their way, he rewarded her apparent bid for rebellion with a stern expression that also carried an undercurrent of indulgence.

Then he opened the door to the practice room and realized that Zana wouldn't be occupying it alone. "My apologies, miss," he said at the very first. "I trust we're not intruding?" He smiled, tilted his head politely as he released Zana's arm, and let his own gaze trail over the young woman. Briefly, not so lingering that a proper young woman would take a offense. But it served his purpose and showed just the right amount of interest. She was pretty, Theo thought. "Well, I'm sure that I'm not needed here," he said, made his excuses and left the two women to themselves.

"So the two of you are siblings," Ses'ka said as she smiled politely, and turned back to the mirror to continue her exercises. She was human, perhaps somewhere in her middle twenties, lithe and graceful but strong looking, and certainly pretty enough. And the way she moved implied that she must have had some formal training in either dance or in acrobatics. Her next words also implied that she either knew, or knew of almost anyone who was worth knowing in and among Videse society. "I don't recall seeing either of you previously. Are you new to the city?" she asked, though clearly she expected more than just a simple explanation. "My own family has been in the area for quite a while. Six generations now I suppose," she added as she stretched, and offered Zana another smile in the mirror. "Yalta," she said before asking, "Have you trained?" Presumably she meant dance, and with an instructor.

Meanwhile, The had found where he was meant to go, and right on time it seemed. Good. Certainly it would have been frowned on if he'd been tardy. An insult even, considering who his instructor was intended to be. He took one look, and dipped his head politely to start with. The man dripped arrogance, looked like someone had shoved a silver spoon right up his backside, and as if he was deserving of every lats bit of it by virtue of simply existing, living and breathing. Undoubtedly, Theo was in the right place. "My lord," he said politely and followed the man where he was meant to be working. At least he'd made whatever good first impression he could, but not bing late. "Thank you for making the time for me."

So, warming up. People didn't often consider how much physical conditioning was required in order to be a good, preferably great swordsman. The wisdom of warming up before unarmed combat seemed obvious. But for fighting with a blade, Theo knew, fitness and loosening up was just as critical. Without it, fluidity and ease of movement, at the least, was the first to suffer. Conditioning also reduced the risk of injuries, and certainly death. And it helped with discipline, economy of motion. In essence, an unconditioned fighter was a danger to himself more than anyone else.

Stretching, lunging and squats. Each in turn, before Theo even drew a sword. Those things, in whatever order or combination that his instructor chose while leading, that was. "Well," Theo said while they worked. "My name, which you know already," from the sign up sheet along with his surname, "is Theo. I am the namesake, I'm told, of my fifth great grandfather, Theodoro Malinconico." The man, he and Zana had agreed, who would have been nothing but a poor laborer all those arcs ago, who had scraped together just enough coppers and silvers to purchase what had seemed to be a very poor and barren piece of land.That land was where the poor man had dug deep and discovered what he would ultimately turn into a legacy, and dynasty for generations of his family to come. Of course Theo didn't tell the man that, only supplied the name of his ancestor. But it was a nice story, if he said so himself.

"I've come to join my younger sister Zana," he said while they worked. "After our father passed away, she came to Viden to continue her studies. Our mother has also recently passed, and Zana has subsequently become my charge. A gentleman ought to know the sword well," he said as a first explanation about why he was there. "and I have come to the place where the reputation is a good one. And aside from it?" he added with a bit of a smile, "A man who's been left the responsibility of a beautiful sister to arrange a future for, would be wise to prepare himself as well as possible."

word count: 1067
Every crowd has a silver lining.
Zana
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Ymiden
Arc
Previously

When he said that both mother and father would be proud, Zana looked at Theo and she nodded, slightly. Wide ice blue eyes looked at him and she looked, just momentarily, like she might cry. Immortals, but by Delroth she was good at this acting, she thought to herself. "I hope so," she said softly, her voice trembling just a little. It was all still so new to Zana Malinconico, of course, her brother had told her of their mother's death just trials ago and they were alone in the world save for each other. It was no surprise, therefore, that Zana gave a little rebellious push back, but when he glared at her it was tinged with indulgence and Zana leaned, briefly against him. What would she do without her big brother, she thought to herself.

The gaze shared between Theo and the woman who introduced herself as Ses'ka was promising, but that depended on who she was. If she was any use to them, then it might be very promising indeed, but if not then a pursuit of skirt would do Theo no harm at all, Zana thought. The repressed elder brother was hard to play and he was a man with a lot of appetites. These were appetites she shared, but the expectation on her was that she would be pure when she wed, so she had no option. Theo, on the other hand, did.

Besides, Zana thought to herself with a smile. Pleasure could be such a vicarious thing.

She glanced at the door where Theo had just left and she smiled, fondly but then turned back to the exercise gymnasium. "Yes. I've been studying here a little while, my brother arrived a few trials ago," Zana glanced back and smiled, but then that well-trained and well-practiced smile turned into a sigh. "I came here to study after our father passed away. He always stressed the importance of education and was clear that the Academy here is the best." There was no doubting that and Zana knew that the Videnese took great pride in it. She didn't say that, however, choosing to simply state that their father had always wanted the best for them. "I've been studying here a season. Theo came to tell me our mother has died."

With a shake of her head, pulling her gaze away from where her 'brother' had just stood, Zana looked at Ses'ka. "So, he is new to the city yes. As my guardian now, he's seeking to ensure that I am cared for and looked after. He's very focused." Just a slight frown crossed her face, but she left it at that.

When Ses'ka asked if she had training, though, Zana nodded, obviously glad of the change of subject. Lifting one leg so that her ankle was more or less level with her shoulder, she watched her posture in the mirror. Stretching her leg up and grasping her ankle as she lifted, she explained. "Our mother was a great fan of the arts. Drama, song, dance. Artist expression broadens the soul and opens the mind, she used to tell us. So, when I showed an interest and modicum of talent, I was tutored in song, dance, playing instruments." She glanced at Ses'ka and smiled. "Theo has hired the room next door for me to practice in, once I'm warmed up. You'd be welcome to join me, if you'd like. And my sincere apologies," she knew the name, this woman was one of the noble families of Viden. Excellent. "Zana Malinconico. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Meanwhile, Theo was meeting a very important man and he nodded his head at Theo's greeting. They worked together, warming up and it had to be said that Wyllum Tariq was pleased to see that the man was fit. A lot of people thought that they could swing a sword around but simply did not consider the importance of physical fitness.

So, that meant that he pushed Theo a little in the warm up. When it became apparent that the young man in question had some skill, he tested the limits. However, at something Theo said, he stopped and looked at him for a moment, when he spoke of the responsibility of a beautiful sister. "Zana?" He said with a slight frown. "The latest trophy for Zane Dumare? He is well known as a collector of such trinkets and, if he is to be believed?" He shrugged, slightly. "I would say your sister's future is in some question. He is infamous for exaggeration, however." Wyllum saw no need to pull back his words, there was no requirement that he do so. "And has at least two other trinkets that I am aware of at the moment. His phrase for them." Theo had seen Zane with Zana and there was no doubt that the lad was infatuated - but equally he'd seen things which Zana had not and Wyllum seemed very sure. "He had told me that he would be bringing her to the gathering I will be hosting later in the season," glancing at Theo, he nodded once, curtly. "You should come. Bring your sister yourself. Her prospects will be greatly improved by cutting ties with that young rascal." Some things, after all, were simply not done.

"We will consider your grip now." He glanced at the way that Theo held on to the practice sword he put in his hand and he quirked an eyebrow. "You were not aware of your sister's relationship?" Motioning to the way Theo grasped the sword, Wyllum pointed out the obvious. "Your emotions show, and these will both weaken your technique and give away your intentions. Relax your grip."

Apparently, he thought it an easy job to do, and expected it done, now.

Isn't there a white knight, upon a fiery steed?
Late at night, I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need.
word count: 1017
Theo Nji'Ryn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Well of course the university at Viden was the best of the best. It was simply understood, therefore the young woman who currently shared the practice room with Zana just let the revelation flutter on by. The fact that Zana's father had apparently stressed the importance of higher education however, sparked just a little more interest. You only saw that sort of thing in better society, and rarely among the unwashed masses or even the new and vulgar rich, as Ses'ka's mother referred to them. Still, she paused in her exercises and smiled sadly when Zana said that her mother had recently died. "I'm sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences, it must be very difficult."

But when Zana frowned while mentioning her brother's newfound mission, Ses'ka's smile returned. It was as close to a smirk, which wasn't very in truth, as a young woman of breeding could possibly get. "I'm familiar with that sort of focus myself. A father and a brother both who'd like nothing better than to see me married to someone of their choosing." Something in her expression and tone, had it that so far as she was concerned, only she would do the choosing, if she ever did at all. "And very well round too," she added, referring to the variety of artistic disciplines that Zana had pursued. "I'm sure that your brother will have no trouble finding a good prospect for you...if it's what you're truly interested in?" she said, suggesting that there ought be ways to avoid, or at least delay the inevitable.

She'd accept Zana's invitation to join her in the practice room, of course, and with her thanks for the other woman's generosity. Otherwise, she suggested, "Of course, if your brother seems to be in more of a hurry than you are, to see you married off to the highest bidder, you might consider looking into a few diversions for him?" Her father and brother, Ses'ka explained, weren't nearly as focused on trying to marry her off, so long as they themselves were kept sufficiently occupied. "He's certainly pretty enough, not badly put together at all," she said, and glanced at the door where Theo had stood just a few bits early. "Something of a prospect himself, I'd say. Have you considered turning the tables on him?"

Meanwhile, Wyllum Tariq pushed harder, and Theo responded in kind. He was there under false pretenses of course, but that didn't mean he couldn't take advantage of knowledgeable training while the opportunity presented itself. As a swordsman, he could always use some improvement. Of course, he stopped with Wyllum stopped. "Yes, that's right." Zana. His sister. The frown on the other man's face was warning enough that a shift of sorts was coming. And like a cue received on the stage, Theo would respond accordingly. What Wyllum said was unexpected and yet? Theo couldn't have wished for a better turn of events. His jaw set with a frown, and his eyes shifted dark and stormy. "Trophy?" he said.

His hand tightened around the grip of his weapon and he minded his posture as well, to complete the picture of building outrage. "He lies," Theo spat between clenched teeth. "Zana is as pure as a first snowfall in winter, and her reputation is beyond reproach." And did it matter if Zana had slept with the man or not? Not really. No more than it mattered whether Zane lied, or told the truth, or, if Wyllum himself lied due to some sort of rivalry that Theo knew nothing about. None of it mattered, because it was all just too perfect. Zana was going to love this.

Of course, for him to seem to lose his temper in front of this man would be a grave mistake, and not in keeping with a longer game. It would also be a mistake to claim that he'd kill the lying fool when he caught him. It wasn't done, and it was not in keeping with the concept of plausible deniability. One could, and should, imply however. "I appears that Dumare and I will need to have a bit of a chat," he said, turning his blade in his hand. He didn't think things could get any better. But they did, when the man invited him and Zana to the event of the season. "I would be honored to accept," he said. "Thank you, and on my sister's behalf as well. We shall look forward to it." And surely Zana would enjoy an evening of dance and music and attention from those far and away above the lousy company she'd been keeping.

Of course he still appeared wound up, any brother would be and his grip was firmer than perhaps it ought be. "I knew of the association and his clear interest in her," he said when asked about Zane. "I have not found him to be a suitable match," he admitted freely, "But it has been a difficult time for her, so i have indulged it to an extent. It appears however that any extent is too much. He has misrepresented himself to me, and more importantly to my sister. She will be heartbroken to learn of his treachery," he said. But, point made with the tightened grip, and Theo relaxed it on cue.
word count: 916
Zana
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Ymiden
Arc
Previously

There was an art to a brave face, Zana had learned as this job had stretched her acting skills in the way that her movements stretched her muscles. For her, it was a brief, fleeting smile, the slightest quiver of a lower lip which was quickly bitten into stillness and then a slight, determined nod. All while remembering how incredibly bored she'd been during her last Alchemy lecture and picturing living with the professor. He was dull, lecherous and had poor personal hygiene so her look of deep emotion was genuine. "Thank you," she said, but managed no more than that.

With all due poise and grace, when Ses'ka smiled and shared her pain at the situation with Theo, Zana dared to roll her eyes, just slightly. "Someone eminently suitable, of course, to secure my future as befits," just a slight dramatic pause and then an ever-so-slightly exasperated "the family name." Zana smiled slightly and waved a hand. "I can feel his indulgent and loving and with my very best interests at heart disapproval from here." When Ses'ka suggested, or seemed to suggest that there was an alternative to being married off, Zana raised an eyebrow, questioningly and glanced at the door. Her inference was clear; her preference was not to be sold off like chattel, but she was at heart a dutiful young woman and would not be taking it too far in the whole rebellion stakes.

Ses'ka's suggestions of diversions for Theo, though, that caused her to turn an interested gaze on her. As they practiced together, and it became obvious that Zana could, indeed, dance and do so well - and was classically trained - she smiled slightly. "I've suggested he needs to be thinking of himself, thusfar he's shown no interest in anyone's wedded bliss except mine." When Ses'ka described him as well put together and a good prospect, though, Zana glanced at the doorway again and looked, frankly, disbelieving. "I'm afraid I'll have to take your word on that. I still haven't forgiven him for the time he cut the hair from all of my dolls. Every one." She and Theo had discussed a few childhood stories such as this so that, in just this kind of circumstance they could reinforce the sibling nature of their relationships.

However, she said, she had to admit that that was a very good idea. "Mother and Father both wanted to see us both wed and as the eldest male.... " Zana looked at Ses'ka and a slow smile crossed her face. "I mean, I am his only family now. The problem is, of course, I don't know Viden society. He's likely to be very discerning." Because of course, her brother was a catch. Still, she smiled as she considered it and nodded her head. "It could very much buy me time, don't you think?"

Sadly, of course, Zana's time was running out as Wyllum told her rapidly enraged (but in a very proper and appropriate manner) brother all about her. This Malinconico chap pushed back when Wyllum demanded more. That was good, the Viden heir thought and he nodded his approval at Theo's physical fitness.

It was a good way to judge a man, to find out how he reacted to the besmirching of his sister's untarnished reputation and Wyllum watched him. "Her reputation is in need of some repair, sir, if I might say. Most will not believe the young man, he has laid claims to many women. But she has been seen with him, in public and unchaperoned." He raised an eyebrow slightly. "We live in very modern times, but some things are just not done." By not having someone there with her, of course, it allowed Zane to make his allegations and it was then simply her word against his. "Also, you are unknowns. Although even on first meeting, breeding shows." Glancing at him, he wondered if the same was true of the sister, but he left that thought alone.

Theo reacted more than appropriately, and he said that he would be having a chat with Zane. Wyllum nodded his head agreeing that it was an appropriate thing to have a chat about. "New money, what can I say?" There was a world of agreement and solidarity in that, which of course was what Theo needed. When he accepted the invitation on behalf of both him and his sister, Wyllum smiled. It was a rare, brief smile but it was there. "I look forward to meeting her. I understand that she's quite the beauty." Evidently, there'd been talk. But if this woman came from a good family and money too? Well that put her up in the rankings at least.

Helping Theo with his grip, Wyllum nodded. "We will work on some basic strikes. Too often, the basics are forgotten in the need to be flashy. I will call the strike, you do it, I block. Then, we reverse." And so began a series of drills, basically, which would leave Theo's arms aching. But Wyllum, who was not at alll a chatty sort, nodded and suggested that they move to cool down. "As someone new to Viden, it must be hard to know who to trust. If you're concerned for your sister, as I think you should be, you might want to consider buying her a couple of chaperones." He said, obviously trying to be helpful. "Yalta slaves are the only ones you'll find in any family of worth and they are often used to," the pause was minuscule, barely there. Theo could have dreamed it, "prepare our young ladies for the demands of marriage. Yalta family is a good one. You might like to meet Ses'ka, yourself." If that was the case, Wyllum said, he'd be happy to arrange a meeting. Maybe before the soiree, he said. Of course, he wanted to do that so that he could meet Theo's sister, find out if she was the beauty who had been talked about both by Zane and those who had seen her with him. If she was that, it was interesting. But if she was that beautiful, from a good family and her brother was seeking a match?

Well, that might be quite interesting indeed.

Isn't there a white knight, upon a fiery steed?
Late at night, I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need.
word count: 1098
Theo Nji'Ryn
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Templates
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Someone eminently suitable, of course, to secure my future as befits. "You sound as if you are repeating your brother's own words by rote," Ses'ka said with a smile, and with a spark of amusement in her eyes. She knew this of course because she had a controlling older brother of her own. "All hail the mighty and wise," she added in conspiratorial whisper, as if those very individuals in question had planted eyes and ears in the walls. The young woman wouldn't put it past them. "It must be exhausting and frustrating for them. I almost pity them, all that pressure from on high," she considered, turning back to the mirror to pay mind to her form, while also observing Zana's. This woman had poise and grace, and apparently some skill, seemed to be the impression she got, judging by her expression.

She did in fact seem to have some sympathy for the men who had to manage good futures for their daughters and younger sisters, with the pressures of society and previous generations pressing down on their shoulders. Not so much sympathy that she'd make things easier for her own kin, Ses'ka had determined to choose for herself. She smiled again when Zana mentioned the rivalry that they'd shared as young siblings, her and Theo. It was the same for all pairs of siblings, she guessed. "Well perhaps we can find a way to solve two problems at once," the young woman suggested. Zana's lack of familiarity with Viden society, and the problem of an older brother with nothing better to do that organize his sister's life for her.

And besides, the brother might in fact be a better prospect than she'd first imagined he might be. He and his sister certainly appeared to be moneyed. "We should look into securing the two of you invitations to some upcoming social events. No better way than to dive right in."

"It appears so," Theo agreed with Wyllum advised that repairs needed to done to Zana's reputation. Theo of course was naturally full of confidence and ego, but in this case he recognized that there was much to be gained by appearing to defer to the greater wisdom of a man who was older and much more firmly seated in Viden society than him. Humble wasn't exactly his usual, but he could pull it off well enough in a pinch. But yes, he agreed. It was unfortunate that Zana had probably been seen numerous times in Zane's company. And obviously without chaperone since she'd done it before he had arrived. His sister and charge, he admitted, was perhaps too willful for her own good and would need taking better in hand.

Perhaps by this man, Theo wondered? If he was any judge at all, he thought he might sense some genuine interest. A very good prospect, it ought be said. "Of course there are other matters that I'm responsible for managing." Limited time, he meant, for personally chaperoning his sister everywhere that she went. Lucky for him, Wyllum would be offering up a suggestion for how to deal with that. But yes, new money was probably the root of more than half of the problem. Vulgar and crass behavior...Not something you'd see in those with far better, and older breeding to be sure. In any case, Zana was indeed a beauty, and her breeding was beyond reproach. If only they knew the half of it, Theo thought.

So they worked. Parries, strikes, blocks and round again. Simple things. But sometimes it was the simple things which were the most effective. And if you couldn't perfect the most basic of maneuvers, you'd never come close to excelling at the ones with more flourish. It was exhausting, and so by the time Wyllum suggested that they ought to cool down, Theo was more than ready, and followed up with sparring with another series of stretches. "It is," he responded, regarding trust. How ironic, Theo thought. But purchasing chaperones? Now that was an interesting thought. "You mean slaves," he assumed, and didn't appear the least put off by the suggestion. After all, every person had their places in life. Everyone a role. It was that order that kept order, and made sure that all were content.

But yes, that pause was there, and he caught the implication well enough. Intriguing. Certainly Zana would be intrigued. And of course only the best would do. "She may resist the idea at first...But I believe she can be convinced it's best for all concerned." But yes, he would like to meet Ses'ka, he said, and deeply appreciated Wyllum's assistance in this instance."[/b] This trial, Theo thought as they finished up their lesson, was turning out to be an extremely productive one, and arms training had been the very least of it.
word count: 830
Oberan
Approved Character
Profession: Full time nuisance
Renown: 292
Character Sheet
Plot Notes
Templates
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Review Rewards

Mens Zana in corpore sano

Points awarded: 15

Knowledge:

Acting: Appearing irritated
Acting: Pretending you don't know who someone is.
Deception: Appearing to be shy
Deception: Putting in just the right amount of sassy
Deception: Pretending to be aristocracy
Deception: Acting like a little sister
Deception: Faking childhood memories
Deception: Pretending to be "old money"

Magic: No magic exp

Other: +5 Fame

Doting Brother

Points awarded: 15

Knowledge:

Acting: Appearing angry
Acting: Pretending you don't know who someone is.
Bladed Combat: Appropriate grip
Bladed Combat: Drills to ensure you remember the basics
Deception: Pretending to be aristocracy
Deception: Acting like a protective older brother
Deception: Faking childhood memories
Deception: Pretending to be "old money"

Magic: No magic exp

Other: +5fame

Notes:
I somehow feel as if Zana's 'act' wasn't really that difficult for her to pull off. Just a feeling. Can't quite put my finger on why though.

Theo meanwhile does play his part of the gentlemanly elder brother with equal excellence. Not too surprising either, I must say.

You both do an exellent job with political stuff, which makes this thread rather intruiging. A pleasure to read, and I am curious to see what their next step will be.

Your review request is here.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns in regards to this review, feel free to PM.
word count: 229
Just because I shouldn't doesn't mean I won't.

Mortalborn Abilities | Die Roller | Capstones
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “City of Viden”