Tristan's Letters

5th of Saun 716

Need to send a letter to a friend? Family member? Lover? Here you can post in character letters to other PCs that are not in your area. Take a look inside for more information and to see how long travel time is for letters.

Moderator: Staff

Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Tristan's Letters

Via Echo Scroll:
6th Cylus, 718
Good morning, Tristan,

I need you to remember what I told you last night. Everything I said to you, sitting on a bench and I need you to know that I meant it all - including getting you a cat like ours if you really want one!

It would delight me if that plan could be put in place. If you can, and you want to - find out if the best choice for us implementing it is possible? If so, take it and I would suggest sooner not later.

Would you like to do that and let me know? Tell me here and, if you wish, we can speak again tonight.

Faith
word count: 123
Life, Death and the In-Between .
Hart
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Renown: 527
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 2

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Tristan's Letters

Via echo scroll:
81st of Ymiden, 718

Tristan,
I've gotten into some trouble. I'm not going to be able to continue to act as duke. I'm not sure what's going to happen now. I'm sorry.
Hart
extra line here
extra line here

Via echo scroll:
16th of Saun, 718

Tristan,
I'm coming to Scalvoris.
Hart
extra line here
transcript
81st of Ymiden, 718

Tristan,
I've gotten into some trouble. I'm not going to be able to continue to act as duke. I'm not sure what's going to happen now. I'm sorry.
Hart
16th of Saun, 718

Tristan,
I'm coming to Scalvoris.
Hart
word count: 113
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

11th Ymiden, 719
Dearest Tristan

I am so sorry, but I must ask you an enormous favour. I am in a war, Tristan, with a coven of Necromancers. The twins are safe - hidden away where no one can get to them. But, things have happened here (I'm in Uthaldria today - tomorrow, I will be back in Rharne) which I can not explain in a letter.

There is something I know, and Padraig and I can only trust you with it. You will remember Rose - there is the possibility of meeting her again. But, because of the war, I may not be able to do that. You can imagine how desperately important this is for me.

Please, Tristan - come to Rharne before the 65th of Ymiden. Go to the Order of the Adunih, where I will leave a note for you, with further details. There will be questions that they ask you - which only you will know the answer to. They will only give the letter to you. Please, Tristan, be safe and well. I'm sorry to ask this of you, but I know of no one I can trust more, or who understands just what I am asking.

With all my love to you.

Faith.

word count: 207
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Via Echo Scroll: 1st Cylus, 721
1st Cylus, 721
Dear Tristan,

I'm so sorry to have missed seeing you - and I'm so deeply grateful to you for your beautiful gifts! I miss you, and I am quite irked that this silly nonsense meant that I missed an opportunity to see you. I'm fine, and so sorry that you were worried about me. Padraig read to me the whole time I was unconscious and your stories were simply wonderful! I felt like I could see the characters as I read them, you are so very talented at that.

I promise you, I'm fine. I'm tired, and weak. I'm tired, Tristan. Tired of all of this. So, we've moved to Desnind, where it's quiet and I can recuperate. But honestly, Tristan, I just need some time. We're not getting involved in anything, keeping a low profile a while. I'm not telling people where we are - only family.

I love the cats, I love the potion, I love the stories. Bottom of my heart, thank you. You are always welcome where I am, and I know the same is true right back. I'd love to catch up, if you wouldn't mind, even if it's just by letter-writing? Tell me all your news Tristan!

Much love to you

Faith.
word count: 228
Vincent Krome
Approved Character
Race: Mixed Race
Profession: Wastrel
Renown: 100
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 5

Milestones

Miscellaneous

32nd of Saun, 722
Dear Tristan Venora,

Good morning, how are you and yours? I hope well. Please, I am sorry to bother you with our problem.

Please know that it’s not by mistake I am contacting you but by the special grace of the Seven. Let my start by introducing myself. I am writing from the Mayor of Volta's office, with an urgent message.

Now is the time for all good men and women to come to our aid.

First the Plague, then Ellasin, and finally if that weren't enough to break the spirit of my people, a Dragon has taken residence in my homeland, enslaving all. According to my very capable spymaster, however, I've learned of a large sum of the Krome family treasure that has lain in security in a pirate's cove off the coast of Volanta. My chancellor has reached out to these miscreants, and they refuse to part with the treasure unless I offer a certain amount of collateral and a Royal pardon. Only one of which I can afford to provide at the moment.

My state of present poverty cannot be allowed to forestall the restoration of my family's fortunes, their hopes and dreams for the future. I ask that you send only a small amount of nels, 150 golden nels will settle the collateral needed in order to assure a safe meeting with these devils. If you send the money by carriage to Volta, I will ensure that you receive half of the vast Krome family fortune, which has been held hostage for too long. Please, you must trust me.

After we send your kind loan, the pirates will come to collect the remainder, and that is when my Martial will strike with a modest squad of my modest retainers. We will force them to tell us where the treasure is, and then it will be ours.

I assure you this is all legal and not a scam. I would not cheat you, not on my honor as Duke of the fallen Duchy of Krome.

Expecting your soonest response.

With utmost hope,

your Duke Vincent Krome, In Exile
word count: 361
Aliases
Rynmere: Jack North; Rharne: Robin Faulk, Tom Puddleton, Ruwayd al-Karim

Things about Vincent

Krome Accent, Short (5'2"), Often carries either a bindle or a large bag/satchel.
Winston
Peer Reviewer
Peer Reviewer
Race: Cadouri
Profession: Groundskeeper
Renown: 826
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

A parcel arrives in time for the 92nd of Ashan - Tristan’s daughter’s (Ayla) Birthtrial.

It contains a gift wrapped in modest, yet decorative paper, one alchemical 'chew' and a letter.

Item crafted here.
The Item's Details: The All Seasons Wind Chimes
This masterwork wind chime has 7 chimes, evenly distributed over it with plenty of room for more as the years pass.

The sound of the chimes it something quite unique as the pitch perfect tinkling sound is enhanced by the Blue-sand properties used in their construction.

Each and every chime is imbued with the properties of two things in addition to whatever else they can do. They have the water-repellant properties of oil, to keep them from degrading in the weather and the harmonising qualities of Blue-Sand, making the chimes ring more clearly and beautifully as they dingle and dangle in the wind.

Further to this, the chimes each have one unique property, in turn. Including one that was:
  • All the colours of the rainbow, made of the Rainbow Sand/Glass Alloy.
  • Green (Sand/Glass Alloy) and was always cold to the touch.
  • Red (Sand/Glass Alloy) and was always warm to the touch.
  • Blue (Sand/Glass Alloy).
  • Made so that instead of making the 'tink' sound a small metal chime might usually make, it made a 'donk' sound, far more like that of a wooden chime.
  • A piece of tree bark that instead of making the 'donk' sound, made a 'tink' sound, like that of its metal counterparts.
  • The most superb (GM Cooking) cake flavour.

Dear Tristan,

Please find enclosed a small gift for your daughter along with the formula and recipes for the Alchemy involved in making them. I thought you might find the method interesting and I hope she finds the chimes charming.

Since we last spoke, I have managed to make some alchemical chews. They work like potions, but can sit in your pocket like a sweet. They are Yummy.

Please find one enclosed.

I so very much enjoyed our meeting, it would be delightful to see you again if ever you are in Sclavaris.

You and Ayla are both welcome any time.

With best regards,

Winston Miller

One the packages, the label reads:

To Ayla,

Happy Birthtrial!

We have not met yet, but your father spoke of you a lot and I hope you like this small gift (one of them taste of CAKE! Remember to clean it!).

I have left spaces for you to add more chimes of your own, each year, should you wish to.

All the very best on your special day,

Winston.
word count: 438

Appearance

When standing at his full height, Winston towers a full 1 foot and one blueberry tall. A fact he will happily demonstrate before flicking said blue orb into the air with his nose and then eating it with a snappy grin.

His eyes are dark and sharp, ringed by dark brown fur upon the bright white fur that sets off across the rest of his face.

Equipement

Winston usually carries the following on his person:
  • Cassion's Locket hangs snugly around his neck.
  • Winston's Fairy Bell hangs from his tool-belt attached to his hip. It's 'ringer' is often bound by a small piece of cloth to prevent it giving away his position while in the wilderness.
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Sent 121st Ashan. Via Eclipse Portal.

DearTristan,

Hello my dear friend - I hope you're well? I'm writing to you to let you know I've built a hospital for all of Idalos - a place where anyone can come. It's accessible through all the Order of the Adunih buildings in Idalos and I've named a building of the hospital after you. I know that you're invited and, I hope, coming to the opening on the 1st Ymiden, but I thought you should be prepared for being mentioned.

Tristan's Building will be the wing of the hospital where those who have experienced trauma and abuse will come to be treated; those who were once slaves and have been freed will be among those. I've named it Tristan's Building because you are the first person who taught me kindness, who gave me hope for a better world and because I owe you so much more than I can ever repay. I will never be able to thank you for giving me the self-worth to pursue my own dreams, Tristan, but I hope you know how much I appreciate you.

I look forward to catching up with you on the 1st. With all my love to you.

Faith
word count: 213
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Letters From Afar”