Gennadiya’s letter box

Need to send a letter to a friend? Family member? Lover? Here you can post in character letters to other PCs that are not in your area. Take a look inside for more information and to see how long travel time is for letters.

Moderator: Staff

Gennadiya Lyosha Doctor
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Physician
Renown: 843
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Gennadiya’s letter box

Incoming Letter

Please leave any correspondence for Gennadiya here.
As of Cylus and Ashan 721 Gennadiya is currently in Rharne.

word count: 20
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Re: Gennadiya’s letter box

Arc 721, 18th of Ashan

Gennadiya,

I hope this missive finds you and your family well!

I apologize that it has taken me so long to write. Life has a way of surprising one sometimes.

It would take far too long to explain details of what has happened in the past few seasons so I hope a brief overview will do?

After leaving Rharne, I visited Viden briefly...and then moved on to Scalvoris, where I find myself now. Faldrass, actually. Balthazar was asked to form a settlement here. At the beginning of Cylus, he asked me to stay on with him in Scalvoris and I agreed...so here I find myself. It has not been without it's unique challenges but the settlement is doing well.

I mostly am reaching out on a personal level. I wish that I had made more of an effort when I was in Rharne to get to know you. I'm sorry for that. Rharne felt like such a whirlwind and I got caught up in a lot of it. Being in a new place, again, has left me feeling a bit alone and vulnerable. I know those feelings aren't unique to me..or even my life...but I'm finding them challenging. When I came to Rharne, I was coming from a life where I didn't value relationships. In truth, I didn't want them...but Rharne showed me a better way. Now that I do, I miss the ones I had or at the very least, had the opportunity to grow. Hindsight is an interesting creature.

I've been doing a lot of reflecting lately. I think that's a good thing for everyone to do now and then. Maybe its healthy for people to challenge the choices of their past and make new ones going forward. Sometimes it can be confusing too, wondering how one evolved from one people into another. I find it a bit of a rabbit hole that I can get lost in if I think about it too long.

Well, I suppose that's enough babbling for now. I miss our conversations.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth

word count: 360
Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1749
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Sent: 19th Ashan, 721

Dear Gennadeer,

How are you?

I hope you're ok. Im on Scalvoris and I have to right to you and tell you. Im having a baby. Im well happy, Genna, but Im scared too. I'm staying here, on Faldrass. I'm not leaving because I dont want to get on a boat. My mama was on a boat when she died giving birth to me, and I'm not risking that!

Is there anything that I should do or shouldnt do? I thought I couldnt have children but Im pregnant. I'm real happy but Im scared, too. Will you help me? How are you? I never told you how amazing you were against the Pumpernickel Pimp, but you were. Totally amazing.

Take care, Genna. Thanks for being my friend.

Vega
word count: 137

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Darius Baer Bottom
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Profession: Woodworker / Sailor
Renown: 1110
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

Arc 721, 20th of Ashan

To: Gennadiya Lyosha, Rharne.

Dear Gennadiya,

I hope this letter finds you well.

I also wish it was merely a social occasion so we could chat about matters of great insignificance, but I actually need to ask for your help. That's why I opted to send this message via the portal on Ishallr.

Since returning to Scalvoris, many things have changed for me. I now find myself as the founder of a small settlement on the island of Faldrass. It is called Hopetoun. We are a small community, but we are doing our very best to rebuild since the eruption, and we are beginning to make a new life for ourselves. I'm very proud of what the Hopetounians have achieved so far.

We have also been graced with the presence of Arlo and Vega Creede, who you may know of by name. I met Vega in Storm's Edge just one trial before I met you.

And it is for her sake that I'm writing to you. Vega has informed me that she is pregnant. While I am delighted for her and Arlo, she has indicated that she would like to have the child in Hopetoun. I would like to honour her wishes, but the settlement is currently in no state to accommodate such a request without assistance.

I know you are quite some distance away, but you are also high up in the Order and - to be frank - I trust your judgment. The health of Vega and her baby are of primary importance. What can we do to ensure their safety, and can you recommend a midwife when the moment is upon us in Vhalar?

If it's at all possible, I would appreciate a swift response so that we can start making plans.

Yours sincerely,
Darius Baer.
word count: 312
Darius Baer Bottom
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Arc 721, 23rd of Ashan

Dear Gennadiya,

Thank you for such a quick reply. I can only imagine how busy you must be with the Order, so your haste is greatly appreciated!

When I wrote to you of the situation we are faced with in Hopetoun, I never would have imagined that you would have volunteered yourself, but this news has certainly made my trial, because I can't imagine Vega being in a safer pair of hands, and the fact that you already know her personally will surely bring her some peace of mind.

I imagine Vega will send you a letter, aye, if she hasn't already, and I will be careful not to mention your involvement until she hears from you herself. I will tell her only that we will do everything we can to accommodate her request to have her child in the settlement, and that we will seek assistance from the Order when the time comes.

You mentioned wanting to learn more about Hopetoun. I could try to put it into words, but as you will eventually make your way here, I would be honoured to show you around myself, if you like. Of course, Vega's situation may mean there will be limited opportunities for sightseeing!

We will put you up in one of the buildings here. All of our abodes are, I'm sure, humble compared to what you are used to, but they are sturdy enough and provide shelter from the elements.

I look forward to welcoming you when you make it to Hopetoun. Please let me know closer to the time when you anticipate your arrival so that I can ensure I am not waylaid with other tasks that my position here in Hopetoun frequently occupies me with.

Yours gratefully,
Darius Baer.
word count: 310
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Sent: 60thAshan, 721

Dear Gennadeer,

It were right lovely to hear from you and this scroll is amazing! Thank you so much for it.

Genna, I love being pregnant. I feel sick as a dog most of the time, but the ginger really helps - ginger for a ginger! - and I have this stuff called morning saviour, too, which is good. I don't mind feeling sick, though, it makes it feel more real. I'm real excited about having a baby, and I'm trying to be careful. I haven't been lifting anything heavy or doing anything what might cause a strain. But you know, I don't need naps! I'm full of energy, all the time.

Is it normal to be real weepy, Genna? I'm weepy all the time, too. I met a talking mouse and she helped me - we're making a beacon of hope because Xiur asked me and Doran to - and we've got a bit on the top of the beacon what's going to be called Nellas Kitchen, after Arlos mum. We're making pickles and jams and things and we're going to sell them. Anyhow, the mouse helped me make a sign for Nellas Kitchen and I sobbed like a wussie girl, I did. Is that normal, Genna, for pregnant ladies or have I gone doolally?

I wood not be surprised if I was, you know!

How are you, Genna? I hope yore ok. I can't tell you how much I'd like to see you. I miss you. I'm so glad to know you'll be here when the baby comes - that makes my heart happy. When you come, maybe you'll help me understand what it's like, giving birth? I heard that it hurts, but I don't mind that. When will you come do you think?

All the best.

Vega
word count: 317

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

Arc 721, 1st of Ymiden

Gennadiya,

I was so happy to receive your letter! Reading the words you wrote filled me with a sense of peace and calm that only you seem to be able to instill, so thank you, my friend.

I'm happy to know things are well with you and Xander. I agree that a relationship is something of a curious beast, existing outside normal expectations.

I hope Rharne is continuing to recover from the incident that happened there and that you, as hard as I know you to push, take time for yourself. It's important.

I should have written sooner but things have been....well....odd. Let me explain....

I left Haven (the settlement Balthazar is leader of) in Ashan for a quick trip to Scalvoris Town. Somehow, I've lost memory of ten trials. I 'woke' in Scalvoris Town later with no memory of the time that had passed.

Luckily, a few clues have surfaced. Vega and I have been in touch and she attempted to warn Haven of a freeze that was coming, something told to her by Xiur. As well, after returning, I found out that Doran Thetys, Arlo, and Darius had vanished during the same time period as well, and also have no memory of that time. Vega says not to worry, but I can't help it. I'm just not sure what to think about all of it. I've tried to remember - it's just not there.

A cloud hangs over me now, trying to figure out what happened. I don't like unsolved mysteries - especially when they have to do with my own mind. I'm trying to do as Vega suggested though.

Oh, a favor? If you ever have a chance, I'm collecting books in hopes of eventually creating a lending library here in Haven. I confess - I'm running out of things to read and that's where the idea came from. I would be so very appreciative if you happen to have some copies of medical/healing books lying around, if you might consider sending them?

I miss you, my friend. I hope the universe sees fit to put us in the same place in the near future. Please, please take care of yourself?

Sincerely,
Elisabeth

word count: 383
Vega
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Sent: 2nd Ymiden, 721 (Echo Scroll)

Dear Genna,

I hope you had a lovely Ymiden's Dawn, I bet that's a trial you really like. I hope yore ok and that everythin is gong well for you. I'm looking well fat and I love it! I've stopped being sick now, too, which I'm pleased with. Arlo says I'm glowing, but I told him that's just my magic freckles.

Arlo and I have been talking and I wondered if you new the answer to something I was wondering about. I'm cursed by Faldrun, he burned his hand print into my back because I punched him in the gob.

It means that I'm well hot, all the time. I was a bit worried about two things.

First - do you know if theres any danger of a curse passing on to the baby? I don't see how and Im not worried about my marks, but I wondered.

Also, do you know of any way to remove a curse. If it involves apologising then its never happening, but I just reckon I'm going to be so hot during Saun that I might get to the point where I can't manage, you know?

I hope yore ok and that you and yours are doing well. We made a beacon here, a lighthouse like thing with a kitchen up the top what makes jam. I can't wait for you to see it, I really can't. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Take care of yourself.

Vega
word count: 263

Darius Baer Bottom
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Arc 721, 23rd of Saun

Dear Gennadiya,

Thank you for your letter.

I must say that your news comes as a pleasant surprise! I look forward to showing you around Hopetoun earlier than expected.

To answer your question, the simplest way to get from Ishallr to Faldrass is by boat. Few ships come our way, and most of those arrive from the main island, but I would be more than happy to collect you from Ishallr myself. Make sure you pack for cold weather - despite being Saun, Ishallr can be dangerously cold.

Since my last letter, the settlement has grown - not only in terms of population size, but also in terms of its permanency. This means you won't need to rely on your tenting skills, as we have an inn that you would be welcome to stay at.

I look forward to seeing you on the 30th of Saun!

Yours sincerely,
Darius Baer.
word count: 163
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook

To Miss Gennadiya Lyosha

20 Ashan, Arc 722

Balthazar Black
&
Elisabeth Angelus

Invite you to share in the joy of their wedding.

100th of Ashan, Arc 722

Haven, Faldrass Island, Scalvoris.

word count: 27
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Letters From Afar”