Vega's Letters.

Need to send a letter to a friend? Family member? Lover? Here you can post in character letters to other PCs that are not in your area. Take a look inside for more information and to see how long travel time is for letters.

Moderator: Staff

Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1749
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Vega's Letters.

Readin' an' Writin'
Last edited by Vega on Sat May 01, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 3

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Woe
Approved Character
Profession: Éminence grise
Renown: 1480
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Re: Vega's Letters.

Whether tear soaked or tea soaked, a letter comes with its lettering soiled by some sort of fluid. Perhaps it was the inclement weather. It comes to Vega late in Zi'da 720. In the writer's defense, there are tea-rings evident on the corners of the parchment.

Date: 55th of Zi'Da 720

Dear Vega,

You may be wondering how I found out where to send a letter to you. Well, your fame precedes you, and I've heard even as far as Quacia of your exploits in Rharne. Although I've been remiss in my correspondence and contact to you, I would very much like to arrange a meeting in one of our dreamscapes. Perhaps mine, because I have a slight... issue that I've been unable to resolve on my own. It regards my ability to govern my dreamscape.

I know you must be busy, and I've no right to ask anything of you. But I do have a concern regarding Emea that perhaps only the one who awakened me to Emea can resolve. I suspect it may have something to do with one of your domains.

I await either your reply or visitation.

P.S. I tend to sleep through noon, so if you could visit me sometime during that time, that would be the best way to find me.

Sincerely,
Woe Morandi.

word count: 229
Image*Image*Image
Woe
Approved Character
Profession: Éminence grise
Renown: 1480
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 7

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Date: 82nd of Zi'Da 720

Dear Mrs. Creede,

How do you do? I hope you are well.

Unfortunately, I’m unable to deliver this letter or message by dreaming, as my doctors inform me that I may pass away at any point during the night. It’s an illness that they don’t know the origin nor cure for. And it will take my life, so they say. So if you are alarmed not to find me if ever you search, don’t be. I’ve likely passed on.

That said, I appreciate the time you’ve given me, even if only in dreams. It’s been most helpful to figuring out what had been bothering me, and may have bought me precious moments as it staved off the worst of my illness.

I’m glad to have known you, regardless. Take care not to dress down anyone you’re not prepared to defeat.

Your friend,
Misery.
word count: 158
Image*Image*Image
Kisaik
Approved Character
Race: Tunawa
Profession: Protagonist
Renown: 805
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Partner
Templates
Letters
Storybook

Featured

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

20th of Ashan 721

To: Vega Creede

Dear Lady Vega,

Ataja is very tired lately, from having grown the one orchard twice as much as she has to. I've used some of my special mortal born lifeforces to feed her concept, but even so I think perhaps she has it in her to grow one last specimen to full maturity.

I just so happen to be acquainted with a certain Yellow Dragon Tree that's off the beaten path. I will ask him for some of his seeds and grow a new one. Only I must ask that it not be a clean cutting down of the tree, but only taking what branches and brambles we need. I think Ataja may be very cross with me if I were to grow a tree, only to have it cut down to the trunk.

Please acquire Darius' permission to grow this tree near his settlement, and we'll see what we can do!

Yours Truly,
Sir Chip.
word count: 169
Darius Baer Bottom
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Race: Human
Profession: Woodworker / Sailor
Renown: 1110
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

Arc 721, 21st of Cylus

To: Vega Lei'nox, Hopetoun, Faldrass.

Dear Vega,

Thank you for your letter.

I'm pleased to hear that you've found new food sources so quickly! I've asked Lars, our local huntsman, if he has heard of either bird, and he has not. He is particularly intrigued by the etchwing. And so to answer your first question: aye! Lars would be very interested in learning more about this creature.

As for making arrows, we have been fortunate thus far not to need any, though there's no question that they could help us to hunt and to protect the settlement, should the need arise. By all means, use as much charwood as you need.

I'm glad to hear Arlo has been working with Selena. She has come up with some interesting dishes with Faldrass food and has been very creative with them. I'm sure working alongside Arlo will mean more variety for the settlers!

Best regards,
Darius Baer.
word count: 172
Gennadiya Lyosha Doctor
Approved Character
Profession: Physician
Renown: 853
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

55th of Ashan 721

Dearest Vega.

I am so glad to hear from you and that you took the chance to write to me. I would like to wish that life there would be peaceful and calm, but your exciting news does make peaceful not likely. I am so very excited to hear that you are expecting. Words can not begin to even express how happy that makes me. You and Arlo will be such wonderful parents.

As for advice on. Ginger for the nausea. It will help settle your stomach. Listen to your body. It knows you better then anyone else can. If you find yourself needing a nap take it, if you need to go for a walk, go for that walk. If you feel something is wrong have a doctor look you over.

I will be coming to Scalvoris when the time comes closer because I want to be there when you deliver. You are my friend and I can help with this so I will be there. In addition I am going to loan you an echo scroll so that if you have any questions it won’t take days to ask me.

Thank you so much for all of the help you gave me over the past arc. It has been wonderful getting to know you and becoming your friend. I am so proud to have served besides you.

Your friend.

Genna

PS; I am serious use the echo scroll to ask me anything.

Letter sent returned through the portal with a Echo scroll.
word count: 259
Darius Baer Bottom
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Arc 721, 23rd of Ashan

Dear Vega,

Please forgive me for the time it has taken me to reply to you. I would like to say that bring the leader or a settlement is all action, but there's a lot of planning and writing involved!

There are a couple of topics covered in your recent three letters, so let me address each one in turn.

Firstly, congratulations on your pregnancy! I can only imagine how excited you and Arlo must both be! I am sure you won't want to be fussed over, but I am aware of how much work you've been putting into the settlement, and I trust you will prioritise your health over Hopetoun.

If you want to have your child here, we will make arrangements to ensure the birth is as safe as possible. We can reach out to the Order of the Adunih to have a midwife here when you need one.

Secondly, I think the idea of a carved archway, with a frieze and a map, is wonderful. I think it will make a very positive first experience for any visitors to Hopetoun, and prove to serve as a lodestar for those who are returning home.

And I think Sir Chip's idea to use Yellow Dragon Tree is a very fine one indeed.

I would be happy to meet with Wren, if he wants to talk about his ideas. I am grateful that he wants to play his part, as must we all!

Best regards and with congratulations,
Darius Baer.
Last edited by Darius Baer Bottom on Sun May 09, 2021 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 270
Darius Baer Bottom
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Arc 721, 27th of Ashan

Dear Vega,

Thank you for your letter. I wish we were able to meet more often in person, but in the absence of that, our written exchanges are proving to be very helpful.

Doran is indeed a good man. You may recall that when you and I met, I mentioned that he had taught me a little of how to use a blade.

Thank you for telling me that he is nearby. I will reach out to him and invite him to train any Hopetounians who want to learn. The more prepared we are to potentially defend ourselves, the better!

As for the more pressing issue mentioned in your letter, that is quite the development! I have alerted the settlers to the situation. They are refugees themselves, and they understand what it means to search for a new home. We will welcome these new arrivals, and you have my blessing to use any of Hopetoun's resources - people or otherwise - to meet this need.

If there is anything I can do to assist, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Yours respectfully,
Darius Baer.
word count: 201
Pig Boy
City Moderator
City Moderator
Race: Prophet
Profession: Rharne City Moderator
Renown: 666
Office
Templates
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Featured

Contribution

RP Medals

Staff

Events

Arc 721, 27th of Ashan

Dear Vega Lei'nox,

Thank you so much for the gift of a letter. It was well received and your offer to teach from Hopetoun is indeed a very good idea. Given the wildness of the terrain still surrounding Hopetoun, learning Fieldcraft and Hunting would need a hands on approach that simply isn't available in the controlled environment of my School.

I will be sending several of my best crafters from my school to help in the teaching and guidance of any such construction as you deem necessary. They may even have ideas of their own, as to what the structure you're building needs. But they will, of course, defer to your wishes for the beacon.

If you will teach my people, as well as any others the arts of fieldcraft and hunting, and so long as you do, my people will grant lessons on such crafts as you need for the Beacon for the people of Hopetoun.

Thank you again for the gift of the letter and the offer of teaching my people. As to the ex-slaves arriving, they will always be welcome to my school. Keep me apprised of their status in Hopetoun. If they aren't welcome to the people there, I would be overjoyed to welcome them to my school.

My Door is Ever Open to you,
Lady Saoire.
word count: 240
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

Ashan 49, Arc 721

Vega Creede - Hopetown

Dear Vega,

I hope this letter finds you and your entire family doing well.

First, thank you for the letter you sent. I fear I was on a ship to Scalvoris Town at the time it arrived, so I was unable to warn anyone. I do appreciate the thought though.

This brings me to another matter. I was returned to Scalvoris Town on Ashan 39, with no memory of the trip there or the time between the 30th and 38th. Balthazar states I was scheduled to arrive back in Haven on the 33rd. I remember leaving, yet nothing beyond that.

Your letter indicates that the Immortals might have known something and I was wondering if you knew anything else?

Please take care of yourself.

Sincerely,

Elisabeth
word count: 133
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Letters From Afar”