Doran's Letters

Need to send a letter to a friend? Family member? Lover? Here you can post in character letters to other PCs that are not in your area. Take a look inside for more information and to see how long travel time is for letters.

Moderator: Staff

Darius Baer Bottom
Wiki Worker
Wiki Worker
Race: Human
Profession: Woodworker / Sailor
Renown: 1110
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 9

Re: Doran's Letters

Arc 721, 27th of Ashan

To: Doran Thetys, Faldrass.

Dear Doran,

I have received word from Vega that you are in the vicinity of Hopetoun, and although I am currently unable to to spare much time of my own, I would like to ensure that you know you are welcome to visit this settlement whenever you please.

If you have been here for more than a trial or two, you will have noticed that we are at the very beginning of our time as a settlement. Our structures are few and simple, but our people - though not great in number - are stalwart, and not afraid of hard work.

Speaking of work, I wonder if I might ask something of you. Beyond the wooden palisade that the Elements assisted us in building, we Hopetounians have little to protect us in case of any kind of attack. We are a small settlement, and so the risk of a raid does not seem beyond the realms of possibility.

Would you consider training some of the Hopetounians in how to use a blade? You are a fine teacher, and I'm sure the settlers will be able to learn a lot from you.

We don't have an armoury of any kind; there are a handful of personal swords that are owned by individual settlers, but not enough to go around, so people may need to share.

We also can't reward you financially, unfortunately. But we can offer you produce from our lands as payment, including our Faldrass potato which we are particularly proud of.

If you are agreeable to this request, please don't feel a need to reply to my letter. You are welcome to ask around the settlement for anyone who would like to learn from you. I will be sure to tell the settlers of your arrival so that they can make any preparations they need to in order to be available for your training.

And if this is not possible, there will of course be no hard feelings.

Either way, I wish you well, and appreciate the training you have offered me so far. And I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in the area, however long that might be.

Yours gratefully,
Darius Baer.
word count: 382
Vega
Approved Character
Race: Mortal Born
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1739
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Wealth Tier: Tier 10

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

39th Ashan, 721

Dear Doran,

I don't know if this is important, but I thort you should know. When you disappeared, Arlo and Darius did too. They've both come back. I hope you have. I guess if you haven't you wont be reding this, so that won't matter. Anyhow. This has happened to Arlo before. He got pulled away, Immortals were involved and then, a while later, he remembered it all. It's happened to me too. Me and him together, and both of us separately.

So if you were worrying, don't. If you weren't, carry on not worrying.

Words aren't really things I'm right good at. Espeshally not written ones. They jump about all over the place, the latters, and I find reading hard. But I wanted to say thank you for everything you've done. Your actions have impressed me so very much. I don't want to get emoshanal, but you're a very impressive man and I'm right proud to know you.

Stay safe. Enjoy teaching alchemification.

Best.

Vega
word count: 182

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Vega
Approved Character
Profession: Hat-Wearer
Renown: 1739
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Dated & Delivered: 60th Ashan 721

Addressed to:
Professor Doran
Dear Doran,

On behalf of Baron Darius Baer, it is my pleasure to invite you to a feast at Hopetoun. At dusk on the 1st Ymiden, we will be hosting a feast to give thanks for all that has been achieved in our community. It is our aim to give thanks to Saoire, to Xiur, to every one of you who has brought us hope, and to look to the future.

We look forward to seeing you.

Vega Creede,
Hopetoun.
word count: 89

Vega's skin has a reflective metallic sheen with a red glow. Her eyes still swirl biqaj colours, but one colour is always bright red which glows like fire. She has a bright red glow in her chest, situated directly under the mark of a heart (Daia mark) in the middle of a glowing silver dragon on her chest (Xiur). She's unnaturally warm to the touch
Anonymous Mailbox
Race: Immortal
Renown: 0
Wealth Tier: Tier 1

Staff

Cylus 18, Arc 722

A letter arrives, looking very much like all the others on the outside. Within? Well, that's a different matter entirely...

Doran -

You are sticking your nose into matters that don’t concern you, you're being a voice of change and we are warning you now. Stop. By your hand, and the hands of others, Scalvoris is becoming something it has never been and was never intended to be. It’s unnatural and against everything in the old writings.

This abomination cannot continue. Do not disregard this letter or the intent behind it or you - and those you hold most dear - will pay the price.

We are watching. We are everywhere. We will act, without hesitation. Do not cross us.

OOC Information

Alright, let's get the show on the road. Your rank and profile in Scalvoris has attracted someone's attention. You are not required to participate but that doesn't change that your pc did get a letter so keep that in mind.

Here's some additional information for you!
  • Here is the link to a special tracker for pcs that wish to react/investigate/etc: Plot Tracker!
  • Council Members : All member of the council (pc and npc) received the letters.
  • The letter arrived in whatever manner/way your pc gets their normal mail. If you have questions about this, please let a Scalv mod know.

word count: 233
Elisabeth Black
Approved Character
Profession: Little Wonder-Bunny of Anger
Renown: 1035
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread
Storybook
Wealth Tier: Tier 8

To Councilor Thetys

20 Ashan, Arc 722

Balthazar Black
&
Elisabeth Angelus

Invite you to share in the joy of their wedding.

100th of Ashan, Arc 722

Haven, Faldrass Island, Scalvoris.

word count: 27
Faith Augustin Champion
Approved Character
Profession: Fanatical Philanthropist
Renown: 2250
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters
Point Bank Thread

Sent: 30th Ashan 722.
Sent to: Professor Doran Thetys

Dear Professor Thetys,

Forgive the formality of a letter, but I am writing with regard a new project which I am undertaking in Rharne. I have sent this proposal to Lady Saoire and have received, in return, an agreement in principle for the setting up of the gateways. I am due to meet with Lady Saoire next Cycle. I have met with the Rharne Council and have just returned from a trip to Scalvoris. I will soon be departing for the Eternal Empire, but I would very much like to discuss, if possible, this proposal with you. Perhaps you are free at the beginning of next Cycle? I would be happy to travel to Viden or Scalvoris, although of course you are very welcome in Rharne.

The Proposal: As Sent To Saoire
I am setting up a large hospital outside Rharne, near to the town of Volta. My aim is to build the largest hospital currently on Idalos and - most importantly - which serves all of Idalos. This will be one complex which will have five distinct areas.

Four wings (each the size of a large hospital) with a central hub is what I envision. These will be:

- a hospital where currently incurable diseases and illnesses are treated and studied.
- a hospital where chronic and long term patients with complex and often terminal diagnosis and prognosis are cared for
- a children's hospital for the most complex and difficult children's cases
- a military and / or magic injury hospital for all those who have been injured in war or battle, those who have been harmed by magic or incapacitated by it

The hub will have research facilities and labs. There will be accommodation for the families of those who stay in the hospitals and therapy rooms for them. I have arranged for these buildings to be built and I will be donating them to the Order, so that they will not belong to me or any one person, but will be Order property.

My idea, Lady Saoire, is that I would ask you to provide a gateway between all Order buildings and this complex. It is my aim to ensure that no one is denied treatment because of their location and this is a first step towards that goal. If I can secure your assurance of the gateways, then I will contact the government and Immortal patrons of the relevant cities.

Current Actions
I have commissioned the buildings. I will be funding these myself and they will be immediately donated to the Order of the Adunih. These buildings are being created by Snodgrass, Pendleton & Snoot who have provided a substantial discount and will be the official builders for the Order of the Adunih, going forward.

I have met with Skydas mercenary company to discuss arranging security at the hospital site - and in each of the Order outposts, as and when this is agreed.

I have written to the councils for Scalvoris, Desnind, Rharne, Viden and the Eternal Empire. These will be the "phase one" contacts.

I believe that this is something which could truly change the shape of Idalos, Professor, and I would very much like for you to be involved in this, both as Dean in the Viden Academy and as a trusted friend. At the beginning of next Cycle, I should have a more clear idea of a timeline and who is involved. If we could meet - and if you'd be interested - that would be very good news.

It is my fervent hope that you are well.

With best regards,

Faith Augustin
word count: 603
This PC is dead. See this thread for details.
Woe
Approved Character
Profession: Éminence grise
Renown: 1455
Character Sheet
Character Wiki
Plot Notes
Templates
Letters
Wealth Tier: Tier 4

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Date: 52nd of Ashan 722

Devout Doran Thetys:

First, I was hoping I could touch base with you on a project that sprang to my mind since our last meeting. This concerns your office, as your remit is that of spirituality and religious fervor in the Island. I've also sent a letter to Councilor Nir'wei, asking for his input as concerns Natural Affairs. I was hoping to get your input and support on what I have planned here.

I've had a thought about projects I might embark upon on behalf of Egilrun and one of them might concern your office. Egilrun is a large and growing township, with an industrious and efficient people. Yet, as practical as they may be, they have spiritual needs that must be met. I had hoped to contribute my own funds toward the establishment of a place of devotion, much in the vein of the Glass Temple in Scalvoristown, or the Glass Tree in Almund. I was considering what form this place of devotion might take, and my thoughts turned toward a task U'frek had given me after the events of the Forging. He wished for me to reignite the respect people of Scalvoris used to have for the water, and aquatics. So let me get to the point.

A Glass Harbour. Where people may devote their journeys or arrivals to the entity of their devotion, whether Immortal, Dragon, Induk, or even Mortalborn. I could see a tradition forming around the embarking of such spiritual journeys, of taking a glass figurine crafted by our Glassmaker's Union, and keeping it intact during the journey to prove devotion. But whatever customs arrive from the establishment of the Glass Harbour are for the people to decide, of course. This is only an idea.

As for where your office comes in, the establishment of new houses of worship being under your remit, I thought to contact you about it, and seek your support, as Egilrun has been without a local place of worship and devotion. I think the Harbor would be just the thing to appeal to our unique sensibilities and focus on trade, craftsmanship, and travel.

In any case, whether you approve or not, I look forward to a spirited discussion at the next Council Meeting.

Sincerely,
Councilor, Egg Woe Morandi

word count: 388
Image*Image*Image
Post Reply Request an XP Review Claim Wealth Thread

Return to “Letters From Afar”