• Graded • Rumor Has It

Patrick catches wind of a treasure hunt he's familiar with.

Atop a stony plateau overlooking the lands of central Idalos, and growing wealthy from the gem stones pulled from the rocky soil, Etzos is a bastion of independence; firm in its belief that man should rule Idalos, not be servants of the vain Immortals who nearly destroyed it. But can the many factions set aside their conflicting agendas and see this through?

Moderator: Maltruism

Patrick
Approved Character
Race: Human
Profession: Trouble
Renown: +230
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Rumor Has It

Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:47 am

Zi'da 2nd 717, 11th Break

This had to be one of the few places he liked to hang around within the city of Etzos, while a tavern at heart it certainly had its other favorable services. Though a bit more discreet with them Patrick hadn't been ignorant to the prostitutes that lingered around here, and even had the luxury to having a little taste for himself after last night. That aside though he was in a place unlike anything he'd ever been in, a city that certainly proved to be foreign territory to his standards. What was Etzos really like here? What sort of culture did this new place have?

He had to admit he already liked the taverns and brothels around here, even if his visit came a little unplanned thanks to the Immortals. He'd woken up this morning to dress in the usual attire he'd wear, the white t-shirt with beige pants he had packed along for the trip. Had he realized he would've stayed, he probably would've brought warmer clothes for the occasion. It was Zi'da now after all, and pretty soon he'd need layers of clothes to keep warm. Even if he wanted to or could afford it, Patrick wasn't always able to rely on another body for such reasons.

"Barkeep," He called out with a finger used to flag the woman down, "Can I get a mug of ale please?"

"Sure honey," the gingerly woman answered with a warm grin, "just the one for now?"

"That'll do." He chimed with a silver nel tapped onto the bar, her finger quickly slid it into her possession as she gave him a wink. The drunkard chuckled with a smirk, his arms folded onto the bar as he waited for the drink to be served.

"It's not that complicated," A voice muttered nearby just as he'd been given his mug, "just head to Foster's Landing and meet with the captain there. He'll get you fit in and set up with one of the other hired muscle we have."

"So we just gotta head to Foster's Landing?" One of two men asked some heavily dressed guy, Patrick had to assume he was recruiting for something big.

"Yeah, we're in need of guards for transports but there's also the need for miners and laborers. You'll be paid fairly for your service there, and if our betters get what they're after; then you can bet we'll be compensated for a job well done."

"That so?" The shorter of the two recruits inquired. "What do you need all that muscle for exactly?"

"Excavating mostly." The recruiter boldly answered, a statement that folded Patrick's eyebrows as he listened harder. "Some old ruins far as I know, the expert on it hasn't been able to pinpoint its location exactly."

“And the pay is good yes? We just might be interested.” The taller of the two finally chimed in. “We’ll think about it, and when we decide we’ll meet you down in Foster’s Landing then.”
“Very good,” The recruiter commended with a pat on their shoulders, “you men don’t want to miss on an opportunity this promising. I assure you.” With that the two potential recruits were given farewell, and the recruiter started to check the tavern for more potential assets to help out. After a few Bits had passed and nobody else seemed interested, he took to head outside and see if there were those on the streets looking for work.

Patrick on the other hand remained seated where he was, curious about this excavation that would be taking place. It had been an entire Arc since he last knew anything of it, but the location they were hoping to find… couldn’t be Orimar… could it? He took a heavy drink from the mug, unphased by the amount of alcohol he’d just consumed no less. ”Who could their expert be?” As far as he knew Crowley should’ve been dead, even though his body was never found back in Ne’haer. If he were still alive, and he was their expert… then that meant they had to be searching for Orimar.
Seasonal Plans - Workshop - Rambles - Vlogs

"Freedom is everything."

Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Rumor Has It

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:58 am

"You seem a little troubled," Came the voice of a petite younger woman with coppery skin, "maybe I can help you out somehow." As she said this she pushed herself with ease onto Patrick's lap, his drink with a sly hand as she sipped it's contents for herself just a little. Patrick couldn't help but chuckle as a grin curved his lips, his thought on the rumored excavation nearly passed now that he had a new distraction in his lap. She was definitely a pretty one to look at, brown eyes and brown wavy locks loosely tied into a ponytail while she worked. Evidently this one had been eyeing Patrick for a few Trials now, and while he wasn't afraid of letting this carry on into a heated discussion... for once duty seemed to come before sensible pleasure.

"Sorry," He confessed with a lean back and a hand of his own back on the mug, "But I got some things I need to take care of."

"That so? Pity." She groaned a little while her fingers trailed down his shoulder and chest. "Here I thought we could help each other."

"We can maybe," Patrick chimed in with a quick gulp of his ale, "If you're wanting to answer some questions."

"Depends. You gonna sweeten the deal on that?"

Patrick's grin became a bit of a smirk as he looked up to her, their eyes deviously towards each other as he finally sat the mug on the counter. "I'll make a bet you can't win." Her expression changed to one of awe as she looked up to whatever the challenge was. "Say we go back and I give you the best time you'll probably ever have... would you be willing to answer any questions and let me walk away without paying?"

"Best time I'll ever have? Someone's a little cocky." She mused with a lean back, her redheaded friend quick to laugh while she too drank from the mug.

"Confident." Patrick responded with a pointed finger. "And I didn't say it would be, only that it'd probably be."

"Meaning?" The barkeeper chimed in as well.

"Meaning I'm probably better than any of these Etzos men you've been sleeping with. Ever been with a Rharnian? Livin' it up is what we do best." He gloated with his hands now on the bar, just shy from reaching for her thighs as she teased him with her hips. Some of the locals at their tables seemed to hear and chuckle to themselves, but the brunette herself seemed quite interested in the prospect of this deal.

"Really think that?" She asked with curiosity in her tone, Patrick's smirk grew wider as he nodded casually. "Then prove it."

"Last chance to turn back." He warned as his hands moved from the bar to her backside, the redhead looked at the two with wide eyes. The brunette looked baffled as well but intrigued, her lips then curved into a grin that encouraged him further.

"Prove it."

Those were the words that set him into motion, without warning he lifted her up onto him as he rose to his feet. She made a squeal for a moment and when he walked away with her in her arms, she held on for dear life as the men in the room cheered and laughed at the act. He carried her back to his chambers where he the two would be alone, and with a heel of his boot used to shut the door he moved to the bed so he could drop her below him. Whether the guys in the hall were applauding her for conning him into it, or him for putting on such a confident act, he didn’t care beyond that point necessarily.

He now had her where he needed her, and therefore only had to prove he could back up his talk.

"Freedom is everything."

Patrick
Approved Character
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Player Review
Personal Journal
Templates
Letters

Contribution

Milestones

RP Medals

Miscellaneous

Events

Rumor Has It

Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:15 am

"So," Patrick finally murmured through his raspy breathing, "you gonna answer any questions I've to ask?"

"Depends, I'm still trying to decide what other times were better than that." She quipped with a short laugh between her heavy pants. "Ask your questions Patrick Barnell, and I'll answer to the best of my abilities." The brunette finally told him as she turned over to rest her head on a hand,
her other hand used to run fingers across the hairs of his chest.

"Tell me about this expedition going on. Who was that recruiter that was in earlier, when exactly did they start looking for recruits."

"Hard to say." She bluntly stated with her eyes focused on her fingers. "Some say they were further down south an Arc ago, didn't really bother anybody until Saun passed."

"Saun? Why then?" He asked himself aloud with curiosity, the girl mimed a shrug in her place as she continued to speak.

"Nobody knows. They've just recently started to ask for recruits, seems as though they've had trouble with the ruins they're plundering."

"That so?" Patrick checked with contemplative eyes shot to the ceiling. "If they've found ruins then they're getting close..."

"Close?" She inquired with her eyes now brought up to meet his. "Close to what?"

"It's... It's a long story, complicated too in case you're wondering." He assured her a wry smile. "About the recruits, where do they go to join the expedition?"

"That's an easy one," She assured as she twisted to move off the bed and put on her dress, "Foster's Landing is where they've been staying at lately. I'd say they're shorthanded and needing easy fools that expect to be paid after the job is done, so when they die along the way they don't have to lose as much money as promised."

"Yeah, sounds like the right kind of people to do that..." Patrick murmured to himself as he leaned up and crawled over to pull her back onto the bed. "Hey," He whispered into her ear as she quietly giggled, "thanks for the help."

"You're welcome." She responded as the turn of her head allowed him to ease her into one last kiss. "You owe me for this later!" She promised him with a mischievous grin, while Patrick relaxed on his mattress once more. He watched as she casually left out the bedroom door, and with a brief sigh he chuckled at his minor feat. Except there was one problem. When he'd left this room it was light out, and now that light looked almost expired.

"Awe shit!!" He swore as he jumped out of the bed and onto the floor, he'd almost forgotten that he needed to head to Foster's Landing. That's where he had to go to find this group of hunters, and maybe even see just who this expert on the ruins actually is while he was at it.

"Freedom is everything."

Quio
Approved Character
Race: Yludih
Renown: +108
Character Sheet
Prophets' Notes
Plot Notes
Templates

Featured

Contribution

Milestones

Miscellaneous

Events

Rumor Has It

Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:29 pm

Overview

Comments: Short and simple, this thread's purpose was to help set up for the big expedition later on. Honestly I can't wait-- I'm really curious to see what's going to happen with those ruins. And I do love PC-run events. Hope you guys end up with a lot of loot! ^_^

Patrick is one smooth customer. He seemed right at home where he was, really in his element; he's just so perfect for this sort of thread. I loved the PC-NPC interactions, and the girls (both the barkeep and the prostitute) were so casual and well-written. And I do love a thread that includes a brothel/bar as a source of information. No one got hurt, and all-in-all it was just a good time.

I'm really interested to see how this all pans out. Wonder if Crowley's guys will be mad when they figure out Patrick's trying to get to the ruins before they do.

PATRICK

CS: Don't forget to add this thread to your thread list if you haven't already. I took a look but didn't see it.

Skill Knowledge:
Philosophy: Standing Ground When You've Something To Prove
Discipline: Putting Duty Before Urges
Negotiation: Making Bets You Can't Lose
Strength: Carrying A Broad To Bed

Other Knowledge:
Etzos: The Cow and Corset
Etzos: New Territory
Foster's Landing: South of Etzos
Quest: The Excavation

Loot: -1sn for your drink.
Injuries: None.
Fame: +3 for general fame earned (being good in bed ;)).

Magic: You CANNOT use the XP awarded for magic.
Please edit your review request, here, to indicate that your thread has been reviewed.

Code: Select all

[center][img]http://standingtrials.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=39&image_id=12065[/img][/center]
Feel free to PM if you have any comments, questions, or concerns!
I D E N T I T I E S
Quio
Freeman
Ruq, Korim, Iaan
ImageImageImage

Return to “Etzos”